BlatMan

Not receiving random rewards in opposed missions?

I noticed I do not receive random rewards from opposed missions. I only receive joker tickets. This makes it impossible to unlock symbols, fonts, emotes, etc. I don't know if this was always a thing, but currently it's impossible to unlock symbols if you don't have at least 4 players, two per faction, to join an empty district to start unopposed missions.

For example, I don't not have the majority of the symbols that Arlon Benjamin unlocks through random rewards, like 'poop' and 'money'.

https://apbdb.com/contacts/Financial_C7#

I have done 100s of opposed missions while pledged to Arlon Benjamin, but most of the symbols are still locked. I did 3x unopposed missions today, and unlocked a random symbol each mission.

They have insanely low drop rate. I got poop and something else after playing a year on a 255r character daily logining in game

ever since JT were added as missions rewards the chance to get anything else is basically fuck all

Edited by ninjarrrr

2 hours ago, ninjarrrr said:

ever since JT were added as missions rewards the chance to get anything else is basically fuck all

joker tickets were decoupled from the other mission rewards years ago

i believe you used to get nothing for most random rewards, and it truely was a random reward before they added consumables and joker tickets

7 hours ago, ninjarrrr said:

2 hours ago, glaciers said:

joker tickets were decoupled from the other mission rewards years ago

Consumables are equally to blame on this, to be fair. LO really needs to just set their pride aside and convert consumables into permanent mods already.

48 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Consumables are equally to blame on this, to be fair. LO really needs to just set their pride aside and convert consumables into permanent mods already.

I noticed a reduction when consumables were added, but we also had the higher level contacts added which don't give you any random rewards.

I don't understand the consumable idea. All it did was add overpowered features that are inaccessible to new players, as if they didn't have a rough enough time starting. Making them normal mods makes sense,

It's a huge waste of resources having them be consumable, since every character has consumable data. The inventory limitation doesn't make sense programming wise. A single byte can count to 255, and two bytes to 65535. Technically you can't store less than a byte into memory, so why even bother with the 500 limit? It's using the same amount of memory, bandwidth, etc as a 65535 limit.

7 minutes ago, BlatMan said:

I noticed a reduction when consumables were added, but we also had the higher level contacts added which don't give you any random rewards.

I don't understand the consumable idea. All it did was add overpowered features that are inaccessible to new players, as if they didn't have a rough enough time starting. Making them normal mods makes sense,

It's a huge waste of resources having them be consumable, since every character has consumable data. The inventory limitation doesn't make sense programming wise. A single byte can count to 255, and two bytes to 65535. Technically you can't store less than a byte into memory, so why even bother with the 500 limit? It's using the same amount of memory, bandwidth, etc as a 65535 limit.

^this. consumables weren't a great idea in the first place and they were implemented poorly on top of that.

Edited by MonkaS

The consumables that were useful or neat, should've always just been orange mods. Feels like they were added initially to just get more people to pay into armas.

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:

ah perfect inf med sprays i can not wait to never kill anyone becuase were bothing staring at eachother like couple of dumbasses after we run out of ammo.

4 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

The consumables that were useful or neat, should've always just been orange mods. Feels like they were added initially to just get more people to pay into armas.

Consumables being purchasable with JT was added by LO. They are many things, but a method to bait people into spending on ARMAS was not one of them.

2 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

ah perfect inf med sprays i can not wait to never kill anyone becuase were bothing staring at eachother like couple of dumbasses after we run out of ammo.

Being converted to a permanent mod would also come with a cooldown, obviously.

18 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Consumables being purchasable with JT was added by LO. They are many things, but a method to bait people into spending on ARMAS was not one of them.

Being converted to a permanent mod would also come with a cooldown, obviously.

with the cool down right now if you time it right you can med spray back and forth, and with such shit skill not kill each other

My latest max rank character, with 480 action district hours, only has page 1 complete. The other symbol pages have less than half of the symbols unlocked, and no decals unlocked.

My older max rank with 430h, created before consumables were added, has every page unlocked, including decals.

Symbol unlocking chance was severely reduced, or it is not possible when completing opposed missions. If phasing ever gets introduced, we will not be able to unlock random rewards.

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!

Edited by BlatMan