Ritual

04/05 Maintenance Announcement

15 minutes ago, Polaris said:

Hello, can we post those updates on steam, i know it's not a big change, but on steam a lot of people will see that you guys work constantly on the game, and the ratio of the players will grow. I'm generally not read the forum or discord, i'm booting the game from steam. It's a suggestion where a lot of people will know that the game is not abandoned.

Hello! Yes, we do update our Steam members as well in the Discussions section. For the next time, we will make sure to also leave patch notes directly on the game's page for better visibility 🙂

Edit: The Patch Notes for the newest build are now also visible in the "News" section of APB's Steam page!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ritual said:

That sounds amazing, but we are operating at the capacity we can reliably handle now and turning long-term neglect into something functional. The relatively slow pace is not simply due to a lack of people working on it but because we never know to what extent we can stretch the game without breaking it and disrupting your guys playtime for longer than a few hours weekly. So it is probably for the best to incorporate certain bits and pieces slowly for the time being.😄

ok thanks for the answer

• Like 1

Is there any chance of having all the invisible walls / Out of Bounds active only during missions in the future? Off map exploration was a "legitimate" fun community activity

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

No Anticheat No Peace.

STOP THE STEAL

I'll be Long dead when u people decide to punish the haxers instead of letting them rome free in bronze district,

CUZ U DONT WANT LEGITIMATE PLAYERS N YA CAN TAKE YOUR GOLD N STICK IT.

I don't think there are that many cheaters. Fortunately, now only Color tiggerbot, and Aim assist exists. Since no one buys it, they don't make a fraud. (x22 etc.) 

1 hour ago, N66 said:

Is there any chance of having all the invisible walls / Out of Bounds active only during missions in the future? Off map exploration was a "legitimate" fun community activity

I agree !!! As a returning player, this "out of mission-out of bounds" issue is my biggest problem with the game honestly. And a lot of players agree with this when we discuss it. I totally understand the good intentions of the developers behind implementing this out of bounds feature for preventing mission exploitations. But there needs to be an additional part that disables it out of missions. I would really appreciate a confirmation, that this is an issue LO is aware of  🙂

15 minutes ago, Ririn said:

Since no one buys it, they don't make a fraud

They probably even have the free hacks, the aim hax, they teleport, they know when u put a scope on them without lookin at u.

They have Unlimited Health, not to mention running multiple characters on multiple computers, playing both sides of the same mission.

Yes it is Fraud it is Wire-Fraud a Federal Offense.

Which is a means to and end, to Fraud the public, to induce an opinion of Grandeur. 

1 hour ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

They probably even have the free hacks, the aim hax, they teleport, they know when u put a scope on them without lookin at u.

They have Unlimited Health, not to mention running multiple characters on multiple computers, playing both sides of the same mission.

Yes it is Fraud it is Wire-Fraud a Federal Offense.

Which is a means to and end, to Fraud the public, to induce an opinion of Grandeur. 

What the hell are you even talking about man?  I really hope you're just joking about the unlimited health thing.

-Player health is handled server-side so there's no cheat that can do that. 

-The teleporting you're seeing is either a bad connection or a lag switch.  

-It's not Wire-Fraud.  Wire Fraud is a financial crime.  Tricking people into thinking you're good at a video game by cheating isn't illegal (let alone a federal crime), it's just dishonest.  

1 hour ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

not to mention running multiple characters on multiple computers, playing both sides of the same mission. 

-They're cheating against themselves?  What kind of command centers do you think these no-lifes have?

On 4/4/2023 at 11:16 AM, Weaboos said:

I still don't know what this means. Is it the part where sometimes animation shows character exiting on the left side of a vehicle but then somehow he/she ends up on the right side?

If I'm correct it's a desync that can happen where the player hitbox disconnects for a moment from the player in certain situations after exiting a car, leading to someone having to shoot where the invisible hitbox is rather than the physical player model.

At least that's the one I assume they're referring to, and hope they're referring to.

HIGHLY annoying and meme tier that it existed this long.

Edited by your-username-is-not-suitable
spaces

26 minutes ago, your-username-is-not-suitable said:

If I'm correct it's a desync that can happen where the player hitbox disconnects for a moment from the player in certain situations after exiting a car, leading to someone having to shoot where the invisible hitbox is rather than the physical player model.

At least that's the one I assume they're referring to, and hope they're referring to.

it doesn't only happen when players get out of the car. apb has really bad lag compensation anyone with high ping/unstable connections will teleport and have there hitbox separate from there character model.

3 hours ago, VVilde said:

I agree !!! As a returning player, this "out of mission-out of bounds" issue is my biggest problem with the game honestly. And a lot of players agree with this when we discuss it. I totally understand the good intentions of the developers behind implementing this out of bounds feature for preventing mission exploitations. But there needs to be an additional part that disables it out of missions. I would really appreciate a confirmation, that this is an issue LO is aware of  🙂

and @N66: I will forward your feedback to the team so we get some more visibility on this topic 🙂

1 hour ago, your-username-is-not-suitable said:

and @Weaboos: Yes, the bug in question is a desync bug. The player would exit the car and then teleport and desync. Small note I was told to forward is that the issue has been significantly mitigated, but there are still a few unfortunate circumstances where it may occur. If you still encounter it, well. You're very lucky 😂

• Like 2

5 hours ago, N66 said:

18 minutes ago, Ritual said:

and @N66: I will forward your feedback to the team so we get some more visibility on this topic

If/when they work on this, please also do a pass on all the existing locations. Many of these "out of bounds" zones are placed poorly. This allows many of them to be ignored/bypassed, while in other cases they extend into legitimate gameplay areas and can cause problems for players. There's also locations players can get to that should have these zones, but don't have a zone in place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Wire Fraud is a financial crime.

You're right, title 18 doesn't cover 'Virtual Property'. However anyone using hax is defrauding L.O., and therefore defrauding anyone who purchased anything from LO, and preventing future revenue by hacking newbs to the point of quitting and or preventing old players from spending.

Its not even about legal terms. They are Frauds unto themselves.  

U.S. Code Title 18-1343

1343. Fraud by wire, radio, or television Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, transmits or causes to be transmitted by means of wire, radio, or television communication in interstate or foreign commerce, any writings, signs, signals, pictures, or sounds for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both

4 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

What the hell are you even talking about man?  I really hope you're just joking about the unlimited health thing.

-Player health is handled server-side so there's no cheat that can do that. 

-The teleporting you're seeing is either a bad connection or a lag switch.  

-It's not Wire-Fraud.  Wire Fraud is a financial crime.  Tricking people into thinking you're good at a video game by cheating isn't illegal (let alone a federal crime), it's just dishonest. 

Mack is off his rocker, but a broken clock is right twice a day.

Higher latency players can look like they have more health, due to the broken lag compensation delaying the lower latency player's shots, and the overall latency difference.

The teleporting is lag related, but it's easy to trigger and is used by cheaters. Maybe FairFight will be used to detect it. At the very least, players need to be kicked if their connection is too unstable.

It's not fraud. It's the equivalent of blocking people from entering businesses. The feds could do something if they felt like it, but seeing how much they screw up every other industry, I rather not have them involved. I think the solution is for people to host their own private servers. Unlike retail stores, the server admins can remove problematic people from the servers without legal repercussions. If games like Rust and CS:GO can do it successfully, I don't see how a game similar to APB can't.

28 minutes ago, BlatMan said:

I think the solution is for people to host their own private servers. Unlike retail stores, the server admins can remove problematic people from the servers without legal repercussions. If games like Rust and CS:GO can do it successfully, I don't see how a game similar to APB can't.

imagining private apb servers gave me ptsd flashbacks to ffbans 

3 hours ago, glaciers said:

imagining private apb servers gave me ptsd flashbacks to ffbans 

This one Rust server admin would spawn hundreds of bears inside your compound for minor violations. I wonder what the APB equivalent would be?

20 hours ago, your-username-is-not-suitable said:

Oh that one. Yeah that one is super annoying. I've seen high skilled players abusing this where it happens multiple times in one mission...

18 hours ago, Ritual said:

and @N66: I will forward your feedback to the team so we get some more visibility on this topic 🙂

and @Weaboos: Yes, the bug in question is a desync bug. The player would exit the car and then teleport and desync. Small note I was told to forward is that the issue has been significantly mitigated, but there are still a few unfortunate circumstances where it may occur. If you still encounter it, well. You're very lucky 😂

Thanks for clarifying. Glad to hear it should happen less. I hope I don't get lucky 😅

• Like 1

On 4/5/2023 at 9:47 AM, Ritual said:

Small note I was told to forward is that the issue has been significantly mitigated, but there are still a few unfortunate circumstances where it may occur. If you still encounter it, well. You're very lucky

Guess I'm lucky then, encountered it last night.

On 4/4/2023 at 8:35 AM, Ritual said:

Rest easy. Master Sergeant, we are actively working on it 😄

I hope soon, as it is extremely frustrating and not fun.

>Joker Ammo vending machines are no longer spammy metal monsters. We squashed the loud and obnoxious vocal bug.

Glad that was fixed I had PTSD of that damn spam from Xbox One and PS4 versions of APB... I'll probably come back again once EAC arrives. Since I pretty much stop playing to work on my backlog after upgrading from a 1050ti to a RTX 3060 12GB.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Same.

You really need to fix the server's infrastructure. Something is screwing up traffic flow. Currently, US East has 20ms ping displayed in game, but the /latencytest shows 66ms. Whenever this happens, there's significantly higher hit registration delay. It's higher than playing on NA West or EU with over 80ms. When both show similar latency, hit registration is fine.

Edited by BlatMan

14 hours ago, Hexerin said:

If you were able to document it, it would be beneficial to report the instance in which it occurs, so our devs can see to squish it.

9 hours ago, El-Neko said:

>Joker Ammo vending machines are no longer spammy metal monsters. We squashed the loud and obnoxious vocal bug.

Glad that was fixed I had PTSD of that damn spam from Xbox One and PS4 versions of APB... I'll probably come back again once EAC arrives. Since I pretty much stop playing to work on my backlog after upgrading from a 1050ti to a RTX 3060 12GB.

See you back in game soon 😄

15 hours ago, Ritual said:

If you were able to document it, it would be beneficial to report the instance in which it occurs, so our devs can see to squish it.

Maybe I'll start recording my gameplay again then, so that I can provide that info.

On 4/7/2023 at 2:47 AM, Ritual said:

See you back in game soon

2 Things.

I Want some of whatever you gave the Joker, cuz he sound Baked. LOL

What is the status of My Anticheat, WHEN?

and We have Earned the Right as Legits to see them Banned via Hud.

When, and is FF going to broadcast Bans via Hud?

28 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

When, and is FF going to broadcast Bans via Hud?

LO has been pretty clear on this one. They will not be broadcasting bans.

• Like 1