Ritual

04/05 Maintenance Announcement

Hello, everyone!

We will have our regular weekly maintenance for PC and Console this Wednesday (04/05) starting at 9 AM (UTC). The expected duration of maintenance is between 4 to 6 hours.

Build #1369 and a few system patches are going live for PC.

BUG FIXES:

• Joker Ammo vending machines are no longer spammy metal monsters. We squashed the loud and obnoxious vocal bug.
  • Some in-game roles would not give a proper visual representation of a player's progress, but we have resolved this issue in the meantime! You should no longer be able to see awkwardly stacked progression counters.
  • It seems we have had an issue with cars going off-road. The fix has been implemented, and sending your vehicle out of bounds should no longer cause server issues.
  • We have significantly mitigated the issue of character positioning when getting out of their vehicle. They would occasionally be seen exiting their cars and assuming the wrong model position, and we said: "Absolutely not!" There could still be a few occasions where you may encounter this issue, but they are few and far between.

KNOWN ISSUES:

• The achievement "Kind of a Big Deal" lives up to its name and remains a big deal. The achievement won't track properly even if the player has reached threat level gold.
  • Stalls can occur upon entering the Clothing Kiosk with "NEW!" items.

Thank you for your patience during the maintenance period. We will get back up and running in no time! 

P.S: The thread has been cross-posted from Game Updates

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

No Anticheat No Peace.

STOP THE STEAL

I'll be Long dead when u people decide to punish the haxers instead of letting them rome free in bronze district,

CUZ U DONT WANT LEGITIMATE PLAYERS N YA CAN TAKE YOUR GOLD N STICK IT.

5 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

No Anticheat No Peace.

STOP THE STEAL

I'll be Long dead when u people decide to punish the haxers instead of letting them rome free in bronze district,

CUZ U DONT WANT LEGITIMATE PLAYERS N YA CAN TAKE YOUR GOLD N STICK IT.

Rest easy. Master Sergeant, we are actively working on it 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have fixed character positioning when getting out of their vehicle. They would occasionally be seen exiting their cars and assuming the wrong model position, and we said: "Absolutely not!"

Only took 13 years and several studios 1 going under and 1 being entirely absorbed

single clap

1 minute ago, your-username-is-not-suitable said:

We have fixed character positioning when getting out of their vehicle. They would occasionally be seen exiting their cars and assuming the wrong model position, and we said: "Absolutely not!"

Only took 13 years and several studios 1 going under and 1 being entirely absorbed

single clap

Thank you. It's been a journey. 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Ritual said:

BUG FIXES:

• Joker Ammo vending machines are no longer spammy metal monsters. We squashed the loud and obnoxious vocal bug.
  • Some in-game roles would not give a proper visual representation of a player's progress, but we have resolved this issue in the meantime! You should no longer be able to see awkwardly stacked progression counters.
  • We have fixed character positioning when getting out of their vehicle. They would occasionally be seen exiting their cars and assuming the wrong model position, and we said: "Absolutely not!"

Wooo!!! Thanks for working hard guys, really appreciate these fixes. Looking forward to more great work!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

[senseless caps]

It's coming soon, don't worry too much about it

Congratulations Little Orbit, you are making a difference!
I'm really happy that this game is in good hands.
I've already had contact with games with great potential, but which went bankrupt due to poor management , for example Red Crucible 2. Research the history of this game and you will see the disaster, the APB was close to taking the same steps as Red Crucible 2, but the L.O has appeared and is saving the APB.

Edit: Another game I've been in touch with and played that ended because of hackers was Shadowgun Deadzone, which had great potential. Search the history of these games I mentioned, you will be sad.

Edited by MrLek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, MrLek said:

Congratulations Little Orbit, you are making a difference!
I'm really happy that this game is in good hands.
I've already had contact with games with great potential, but which went bankrupt due to poor management , for example Red Crucible 2. Research the history of this game and you will see the disaster, the APB was close to taking the same steps as Red Crucible 2, but the L.O has appeared and is saving the APB.

We appreciate your support and we are happy to know that the difference is notable. A lot more is waiting to be done, but we're getting there!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ritual said:

BUG FIXES:

Ok nice. At last.

• Like 1

BUHAHAHAHAHA

YEAH THATS RIGHT

JOOO-KERRR AMMOOO!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

>Joker Ammo vending machines are no longer spammy metal monsters. We squashed the loud and obnoxious vocal bug.

Highlight of the year. This outshines even the 64bit patch itself.

On a side note nice to see staff communicating with the player base.

1 hour ago, LilyRain said:

weEGGly maintenance!

Not gonna work for the second time.

1 hour ago, your-username-is-not-suitable said:

single clap

I still don't know what this means. Is it the part where sometimes animation shows character exiting on the left side of a vehicle but then somehow he/she ends up on the right side?

• Like 1

If I knew how to solve problems for APB:R, I would.
Doing fantastic work out there LO! < 3
(hehe. those-who-shall-not-be-named really made a mess of the game code huh? :3)

• Like 1

Thank you for all the work, the persistence will pay off, you will see in a few years your new baby, will be a great success again when the mass of cheaters will disappear, and that these virulent Gm will be banned. I have always believed in this game and I am convinced of its success, keep up LO !

4 hours ago, Ritual said:

BUG FIXES:

Finally! This was so goddamn annoying.

• Like 1

What about expandin the team of 3 workin on the game or we think we can make any significant progress like that(Matt)The players are waiting for the stuff from the roadmap for like a decade now and right now we can fix one bug(joker ammo)for 2 months.If u think such pace is good..

Edited by TheMessiah

5 hours ago, Ritual said:

is this the end of vehicle desync? secrets is actually goated if it is

Was fun spawning on a contact and immediately running for the door, because you had about ~3 seconds before the Joker ear no began.

8 hours ago, glaciers said:

is this the end of vehicle desync? secrets is actually goated if it is

Likely not the end but it appears to be much less common, although its hard to actually know until the patch goes live so fingers crossed.

18 hours ago, Ritual said:

Hello, everyone!

We will have our regular weekly maintenance for PC and Console this Wednesday (04/05) starting at 9 AM (UTC). The expected duration of maintenance is between 4 to 6 hours.

Thank you so much for solving the problem with the screaming Joker! Can you share information about fixing the matchmaking system settings? Matchmaking has been disabled to extend the life of the North America server. It's been over a year now. Don't you think that you have lost much more new customers than the whole population of the North American server?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Weaboos said:

I still don't know what this means. Is it the part where sometimes animation shows character exiting on the left side of a vehicle but then somehow he/she ends up on the right side?

Thank you for your kind words 🙂 As for the car bug, for the sake of giving you a proper answer, I will double-check with the team. I've seen all of you being confused as to which bug we are referring to, so I am going to go ahead and get some more information on that for you guys.

17 hours ago, koenyboy500 said:

If I knew how to solve problems for APB:R, I would.
Doing fantastic work out there LO! < 3
(hehe. those-who-shall-not-be-named really made a mess of the game code huh? :3)

One hell of an adventure, that's for sure 😂

15 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

What about expandin the team of 3 workin on the game or we think we can make any significant progress like that(Matt)The players are waiting for the stuff from the roadmap for like a decade now and right now we can fix one bug(joker ammo)for 2 months.If u think such pace is good..

That sounds amazing, but we are operating at the capacity we can reliably handle now and turning long-term neglect into something functional. The relatively slow pace is not simply due to a lack of people working on it but because we never know to what extent we can stretch the game without breaking it and disrupting your guys playtime for longer than a few hours weekly. So it is probably for the best to incorporate certain bits and pieces slowly for the time being.😄

1 hour ago, Yapopal said:

Thank you so much for solving the problem with the screaming Joker! Can you share information about fixing the matchmaking system settings? Matchmaking has been disabled to extend the life of the North America server. It's been over a year now. Don't you think that you have lost much more new customers than the whole population of the North American server?

If you haven't checked the Roadmap 2023 for APB yet, click the link and check the information under "Hosting Upgrade #2". There is some information regarding our plans for the matchmaking there. There are big changes planned!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ritual said:

Hello, everyone!

Build #1369 and a few system patches are going live for PC.

BUG FIXES:

• It seems we have had an issue with cars going off-road. The fix has been implemented, and sending your vehicle out of bounds should no longer cause server issues.
  • We have fixed character positioning when getting out of their vehicle. They would occasionally be seen exiting their cars and assuming the wrong model position, and we said: "Absolutely not!"

KNOWN ISSUES:

• The achievement "Kind of a Big Deal" lives up to its name and remains a big deal. The achievement won't track properly even if the player has reached threat level gold.
  • Stalls can occur upon entering the Clothing Kiosk with "NEW!" items.

Thank you for your patience during the maintenance period. We will get back up and running in no time! 

P.S: The thread has been cross-posted from Game Updates

Hello, can we post those updates on steam, i know it's not a big change, but on steam a lot of people will see that you guys work constantly on the game, and the ratio of the players will grow. I'm generally not read the forum or discord, i'm booting the game from steam. It's a suggestion where a lot of people will know that the game is not abandoned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1