Sign in to follow this  
Crunk

APB:Vendetta

I personally wonder if G1 had anything left about APB:Vendetta, and if it might be a side venture for little orbit in the future. I personally donated to the cause, and would still.

Anyone else agree?

"hey, we appreciate your business with apb reloaded. we are taking all your suggestions and feedback in mind and have huge goals set for the future."

"also, can we have some money so we can make another game even though we don't have the staff to do so, or are even in the proper state to take on another project? thanks."

Edited by Aeronaut
  • Like 5

like almost everything else g1 attempted this was just another in a long line of bad quality knockoffs of whatever flavor of the month gaming fad caught their attention

7 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

"hey, we appreciate your business with apb reloaded. we are taking all your suggestions and feedback in mind and have huge goals set for the future."

"also, can we have some money so we can make another game even though we don't have the staff to do so, or are even in the proper state to take on another project? thanks."

At the time Reloaded Productions was still a thing, and they were getting done with all the dirty deeds of making APB work.... I think it was completely possible, especially considering it was a small map based shooter.

4 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

like almost everything else g1 attempted this was just another in a long line of bad quality knockoffs of whatever flavor of the month gaming fad caught their attention

DID SOMEONE SAY BATTLE ROYALE?

Am I the only one who thinks that "trailer" looks like total garbage?

• Like 1

Nope. Looks like shit. If funded fully it would have been half-assed; they would have ran out of funds half-way into the projects development, released a pre-alpha, asked for more money with the promise of a thousand new features which they'd be incapable of being able to deliver - and this would be due to the old APB:Reloaded team aiming way above and beyond what their skillset was capable of achieving, merged with the fact they were the epitome of laziness.

It would have been everything that makes APB: Reloaded bad; bugs, hackers, lack of optimisation, only new features are reskins of old weapons that cost real money, etc, but without a solid foundation to make the game playable - since the old APB: Reloaded team, the team that wanted to develop APB: Vendetta, would be developing the game from the base, upwards, and if they couldn't even add a cherry to the top of the pie with APB: Reloaded, how could they have been able to ever pull off baking a full cake?

Also, that trailer is cringy af. And please, who else agrees that those 2 muppets in the trailer have the most punchable faces? Almost as much as the bellend who edited that trailer and thought it was actually good.

Edited by ShadowXS

I still have to point out that this kickstarter ran at one of the strongest times of G1, they had released APB:R from Open Beta on steam, and had 2.7 million active players, it was second on the steam charts only to CSGO, and imo I think they wanted to make this because they couldn't handle APB:R. Remember this trailer is also already PRE-ALPHA footage.

3 minutes ago, CrunkGirl said:

I still have to point out that this kickstarter ran at one of the strongest times of G1, they had released APB:R from Open Beta on steam, and had 2.7 million active players, it was second on the steam charts only to CSGO, and imo I think they wanted to make this because they couldn't handle APB:R. Remember this trailer is also already PRE-ALPHA footage.

doesnt really matter to me, even pre alpha footage it was pretty obvious the only thing the game shared with apb was that there were guns

i mean cmon, a superpower that lets you send a crow to steal your opponents guns? what the fuck where they thinking

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Am I the only one who thinks that "trailer" looks like total garbage?

I agree.

2 minutes ago, CrunkGirl said:

2.7 mil active players? Any source on that? I would guess unique logins or accounts made in the first year, but that many active players seems off.

I just dont like the whole concept. I dont think people wouldve found it interesting or fun. 

that's not really a super power, and the german military used that strategy in WWII js....

1 minute ago, CrunkGirl said:

Everything released by old-G1 was pre-alpha standardised.

The game would have released pre-alpha and been abandoned a few months down the line once they'd ran out of funds, asked for more funds to pack their pockets, and move onto the next project. APB: Reloaded would have died, without a doubt. The game got content because all their other ventures such as APB: Vendetta fell through and APB: Reloaded was their only source of income. If they had launched another project that could split their already-understaffed development team in half, or less, 80:20 for example, APB: Reloaded would have been neglected and would have died long before LO came along to save it.

Just now, CrunkGirl said:

that's not really a super power, and the german military used that strategy in WWII js....

yeah but they also made lamps out of people i dont think imitating them is a great idea

also ive never heard of anyone sending birds to steal 10 pound weapons lol

APB vendetta looked like arse. And not a nice one.

This was a Kickstarter pitch from 2013, by a company that couldn't even manage their own ongoing projects. The trailer is mainly default Unreal movement (except for a few seconds of a wall run) or rigged scenes. They couldn't even bother with the sound editing for the video, and never released any actual updates to the Kickstarter page. All the concept art featured were just old APB concepts, so not even that were created for the campaign.

Alot of the people who did the higher pledges were Gamersfirst related employees, which was a very shady way to try to make it seem like people would be excited about it. $300.000 is nowhere near enough as a budget for a project of the size they were pitching.

Speaking of which, this was their pitch:

"APB Vendetta is a character-driven extreme mobility competitive shooter, inspired by the APB: Reloaded universe and built on an entirely new high-agility game system featuring extreme movement mechanics, melee combat, dual wield weapons, character-specific finishing moves, a fighting-game ethos, customizable private servers, modding tools, and the latest version of Unreal Engine 3."

As you can see it's just a bunch of hyperbole without any actual substance, letting your own imagination make up what it's actually supposed to mean. If a game like Lawbreakers made their studio go bankrupt, and knowing how the shooter market have changed the last years, could you honestly say that this would have even been a remotely good idea?

Edited by Dopefish
  • Like 1

Also, just look at their kickstarter packages on their kickstarter page;

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reloadedprod/all-points-bulletin-apb-vendetta

They were planning to riddle this game with endless expenses at the foot of the player. They were going to charge you for Beta-access on a free-to-play game, they had already pre-planned DLC packages, before even getting to the Alpha-stage, let alone Beta-stage of the games development - that is worse than EA, if not the same - so they were sourcing funds to develop the game and already had DLC in mind instead of actually adding that content to the game itself, they were also planning on adding fees for Dedicated Hosting - aka "12 months of Dedicated Hosting for your personal server (a $220 retail value)" in their own words which they apparently value at $220 retail - or $99 if you decided to "Pledge" for that HOST PACK.

So the whole marketing gimmick of "customise your own servers" just meant they were dropping free dedicated server hosting like APB: Reloaded has and most likely giving you 2 options;

1. P2P - Peer 2 Peer connections, which are a fucking nightmare as you'll know if you've ever played GTA Online, and riddled with "mod menus" because of how easy it is to manipulate player-stats such as health, ammo, money, etc.

2. PURCHASING Dedicated Servers from G1 to Host a server for you, which i imagine would come in different packages such as 1-month, 3-months, 6-months, 12,months, etc. And if they were valuing 12-month Dedicated Server Hosting at $220, you can divide that $220 by 12 and you'd basically be expecting to pay $20 a month for a server. And that's assuming that 12-month retail value subscription package wasn't discounted, as longer-subscription packages usually tend to be the most discounted. So basically it'd probably be more like $35 a month, $30 a month if you buy 3-months, $25 a month if you buy 6-months, and so forth.

Point is, it was a money-grab. And thank god they failed because they wouldn't have gotten passed pre-alpha as i mentioned above, given their skillset, or lack thereof.

Edited by ShadowXS

Isn't it just APB 2? Called it something else so they wouldn't lose their player base on the main game.

Can we stop beating a dead horse. I for myself hope this shit stays buried and will never be uncovered again.

Edited by ninetenduh

2 hours ago, Dopefish said:

Speaking of which, this was their pitch:

"APB Vendetta is a character-driven extreme mobility competitive shooter, inspired by the APB: Reloaded universe and built on an entirely new high-agility game system featuring extreme movement mechanics, melee combat, dual wield weapons, character-specific finishing moves, a fighting-game ethos, customizable private servers, modding tools, and the latest version of Unreal Engine 3."

Honestly that sounds like the descriptions you read on those android games in google store. lol.

The reason i didnt funded this is because i wanted to rather have a first person in apb itself and not vendetta

Sign in to follow this