Sign in to follow this  
Ririn

FPS Question (240hz)

Hey!

I have a question about FPS. I put together a "new machine". 
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4500
RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB 3000mhz
VGA: Geforce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR6
SSD: Kingston NvMe M.2. 500GB SSD
Monitor: Acer Predator XB253QGXbmiiprzx UM.KX3EE.X07 (240hz, 0.5ms)

G-Sync On and 240hz. I modified the config file. Engine\Config\BaseEngine.ini -> MaxClientFrameRate.

Unfortunately it still maxes out at 130 fps on Minimal graphics. 😄 Anyone have any ideas?

launch apb.exe directly and don't use the launcher
be warned though, going above 128fps has some bugs

I don't usually use the launcher, overwrite the config file. (Repair)

Try editing the values in both - BaseEngine.ini and APBEngine.ini and see what happens. 

Also, there's literally no way you'll get up to 240 fps on that pc. 130 is already an insane result for your configuration if those frames are not dropping.  

4 minutes ago, Layt said:

Try editing the values in both - BaseEngine.ini and APBEngine.ini and see what happens. 

Also, there's literally no way you'll get up to 240 fps on that pc. 130 is already an insane result for your configuration if those frames are not dropping.  

You are a very funny man. 😄 

LOL 1650, course ya know fooling with files is prohibited.

better get some halon cuz u gonna burn something 

5 hours ago, Ririn said:

Hey!

I have a question about FPS. I put together a "new machine". 
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4500
RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB 3000mhz
VGA: Geforce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR6
SSD: Kingston NvMe M.2. 500GB SSD
Monitor: Acer Predator XB253QGXbmiiprzx UM.KX3EE.X07 (240hz, 0.5ms)

G-Sync On and 240hz. I modified the config file. Engine\Config\BaseEngine.ini -> MaxClientFrameRate.

Unfortunately it still maxes out at 130 fps on Minimal graphics. 😄 Anyone have any ideas?

You aren't going to get 240 fps; I get around 200-250 with my pc. Also fps drops over time in game as well since the game still has a memory leak. I run the game at lower settings than even in game minimum with a resolution of 1080x1080 or 1024x1024. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

RAM: 32 GB DDR4 3200mhz

GPU: GeForce RTX 2080 ti

Edited by MonkaS

Anybody knows if apb is using 4 and more cores on 64 bit upgrade or is it still stuck using two?

On 3/29/2023 at 3:46 PM, MACKxBOLAN said:

LOL 1650, course ya know fooling with files is prohibited.

better get some halon cuz u gonna burn something 

No problem here. APB is more CPU intensive. I have 1060 and i3-8350k, stable FPS on 1080p ultra settings.

On 4/5/2023 at 8:46 AM, xHenryman90x said:

No problem here. APB is more CPU intensive. I have 1060 and i3-8350k, stable FPS on 1080p ultra settings.

I have a CPU bottleneck when using my 1050ti after upgrading to a 3060 12GB performance is still the same at 80-128FPS at 1080p max settings. So in my case i7-3770 is pretty much bottlenecking my two cards lol.

On 4/5/2023 at 4:46 PM, xHenryman90x said:

Depends what you call stable. I've heard people calling 40-60 fps solid, which is barely playable for me.

10 hours ago, El-Neko said:

I have a CPU bottleneck when using my 1050ti after upgrading to a 3060 12GB performance is still the same at 80-128FPS at 1080p max settings. So in my case i7-3770 is pretty much bottlenecking my two cards lol.

Same story like me back in the day. Upgraded from HD6870 to GTX960, got exactly +0 fps in APB as cpu stayed the same (Amd Phenom II x4 955). In other games that I was playing at the time like Battlefield 3 I got a massive fps boost...

Finally! A little fps! 300-400 fps. I update VGA, and CPU.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
GPU: RTX 3060 12GB OC

49 minutes ago, Ririn said:

well pretty sure APB Reloaded  is capped to 100 fps, I guess,  so anything above I guess it's sort of overkill, but whatever, happy for you you resolved your quest

2 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

well pretty sure APB Reloaded  is capped to 100 fps, I guess,  so anything above I guess it's sort of overkill, but whatever, happy for you you resolved your quest

You can now uncap your fps.

9 hours ago, Ririn said:

so, you bought two computers in 3 months difference?

lol

Merged.

5 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

how tf are you getting more FPS than my 3060

because he's using the second best all time gaming CPU (5800 X3D) and also a 3060.

That's impressive. It makes sense the extra cahce will have a drastic effect on performance since most of APB's performance problems are from texture streaming and garbage collection.

Edited by BlatMan

On 6/16/2023 at 3:12 PM, Uhtdred said:

lol

Merged.

because he's using the second best all time gaming CPU (5800 X3D) and also a 3060.

Just change CPU and GPU. I had to change it anyway because of my job. 🙂

Merged.

On 6/16/2023 at 3:12 PM, Uhtdred said:

lol

Merged.

I don't know. I think the processor Mhz and AMD 3D V-Cache™ counts + My monitor runs at 240hz.
My GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3060 VENTUS 2X 12G OC (https://www.msi.com/Graphics-Card/GeForce-RTX-3060-VENTUS-2X-12G-OC)

On 6/16/2023 at 2:19 PM, CookiePuss said:

You can now uncap your fps.

It was possible also before display 140/ 240 fps etc, in client side  but the game or server supported until 101 fps if I am right?

Not 100% sure, but almost, I dont remind reading changed something with the last update or something wrote about in the note patch.

Edited by PingOVER9000

4 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

It was possible also before display 140/ 240 fps etc, in client side  but the game or server supported until 101 fps if I am right?

Not 100% sure, but almost, I dont remind reading changed something with the last update or something wrote about in the note patch.

I don't remember all the details, maybe another veteran can fill me in.

In early G1 days, 2011/2012, it was locked to 60 fps, with the option to unlock in the config file. I don't know if it was limited to 101 fps.

Another patch removed the fps cap. Some users complained about poor performance.

Another patch added the 145 fps limit for +120hz monitors, but limited the framerate to 101 fps on lower hz. There was a workaround to trick apb into thinking you have a 145hz monitor. I had wrote a guide for Nvidia GPUs.

Currently, the fps can be unlocked in the config file. The max is 500 fps.

What I don't get is why they decided to use the config file, when they can add it as an option in game. They've added other options recently, it shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by BlatMan
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, BlatMan said:

Currently, the fps can be unlocked in the config file. The max is 500 fps.

Oh well good to know... thanks for sharing