killerbeast873

The game needs this implemented...BADLY

Hello,

I have returned to the game after 2 years of inactivity. I decided to make a new account because I did not want to play against high-rank players. I enter the bronze district and there are like 5 people under rank 150...the rest are all around 255 with legendaries and mods. Please make a rank restriction instead of threat levels. For example, you cannot enter bronze if u are over rank 75.

Thank you.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, killerbeast873 said:

Hello,

I have returned to the game after 2 years of inactivity. I decided to make a new account because I did not want to play against high-rank players. I enter the bronze district and there are like 5 people under rank 150...the rest are all around 255 with legendaries and mods. Please make a rank restriction instead of threat levels. For example, you cannot enter bronze if u are over rank 75.

Thank you.

Thats not a good idea, as rank isnt a reliable indicator of skill.

They are however, going to rework threat management in the future.

On 6/27/2018 at 10:51 PM, killerbeast873 said:

Hello,

Thank you.

THIS IS WHAT THE GAME NEEDS! 90% Agreed!

In APB your strenght comes so hard from play time.

And make the level account based so a max rank player will always be 255 no mather if he creates a new character

I only would change the rank restrictions like:

1-195 = bronze district

196-254= silver district

255= gold district

1 hour ago, Athon said:

And make the level account based so a max rank player will always be 255 no mather if he creates a new character

Just when i thought i'd heard it all........................ BOOOOM 🤣

no need to level a new char now bruh just create a new one and insta 255.

this is defiantly not a good idea.

🤦‍♂️

Edited by iTzHaze
  • Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 10:51 PM, killerbeast873 said:

Hello,

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Athon said:

THIS IS WHAT THE GAME NEEDS! 90% Agreed!

In APB your strenght comes so hard from play time.

I only would change the rank restrictions like:

1-195 = bronze district

196-254= silver district

255= gold district

This is a flawed idea on so many fronts.

First off, as CookiePuss has already stated in this thread, rank is not an indicator of skill. A gold R255 player can easily make a new character - and they will pose just as much of a threat to the enemy team as their main character.

Secondly, strength indeed is grounded in playtime - but not on a single character. You learn the game the more you play it - but it's not like your knowledge instantly evaporates the moment you create a new character and have to start all over.

Thirdly, Athon's post seems to completely misunderstand the distinction between threat and rank. Your threat segregates you into districts (green, bronze, silver, gold) and your rank merely indicates how far you are into in-game progression. That post seems to want to merge the two concepts... which is just silly.

This game does need some things to be implemented into it very badly. The one proposed in this thread is not one of them, despite the imperative tone of the OP.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MartinPL said:

This is a flawed idea on so many fronts.

First off, as CookiePuss has already stated in this thread, rank is not an indicator of skill. A gold R255 player can easily make a new character - and they will pose just as much of a threat to the enemy team as their main character.

Secondly, strength indeed is grounded in playtime - but not on a single character. You learn the game the more you play it - but it's not like your knowledge instantly evaporates the moment you create a new character and have to start all over.

Thats why i said this rank should be account wide.

5 hours ago, MartinPL said:

Thirdly, Athon's post seems to completely misunderstand the distinction between threat and rank. Your threat segregates you into districts (green, bronze, silver, gold) and your rank merely indicates how far you are into in-game progression. That post seems to want to merge the two concepts... which is just silly.

The gold silver bronze threat should be removed and only rank based

2 hours ago, Athon said:

Thats why i said this rank should be account wide.

The gold silver bronze threat should be removed and only rank based

...in which case, why even have different characters at all?

You want players to be able to only progress through the game once and that's it. This scenario can (and will) result in multi-accounting.

The distinction between threat levels should be reworked, not removed. In its current state, APB's threat system has been incredibly offset by dethreaters and the like. Right now, gold doesn't mean "one of the better players", but "anywhere between top and average".

Separating players by their in-game rank (especially according to your proposed schematics) is a silly idea. There's no effective difference between a R197+ player and a R255 player when it comes to equipment choices, since all variantless mods (i.e. Clotting Agent has 3 variants, Fragile has no variants) are restricted to players above Rank 195. Even then, the variantless mods and equipment available in the R197+ endgame provides no straight advantage. As a matter of fact, one of the meta weapons is the N-TEC 7 with Hunting Sight 3 and Improved Rifling 3 - all components of this are available before R195.

For the billionth time. Rank does not equal skill level. It is a show of progression and time played on that singular character.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

For the billionth time. Rank does not equal skill level. It is a show of progression and time played on that singular character.

You have no idea

18 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Please explain.

Threat tells you nothing about a plyers skill. (dethreaters, only 1 game can make the difference between gold and silver...) So theres only the Rank left to tell anything about your opponents strenght which is harder to manipulate (you could pledge to a max contect but would not unlock new stuff but you cant decrease your rank).

A high rank means high play time which is very important in this game so you know all the positions and how to engage enemies in that positions, you know which weapon to use in which situation, you have better weapon handling, access to more mods.....

To say that rank is not the best option to base the matchmaking on. But its by far the best option which is already in the game right now to get a decent matchmaking.

I often see a team of 2 or 3 max rank enemies versus my team with much lower guys (like me + R50 + R70 + R120 versus R255 + R255 + R220). It doesnt help us to have 1 more guy in the team and at the end the GOLDEN R120 will have max 1 or 2 kills because the max rank guys destroy the low ranks so hard. Or a match me + R255 versus 3x R60 none of this R60 guys had a kill.

In my opinion this is the reason why newer players quit or stop playing the game. Because they want to win games and get some kills too but this matchmaking system higly favors high rank players.

2 hours ago, Athon said:

Threat tells you nothing about a plyers skill. (dethreaters, only 1 game can make the difference between gold and silver...) So theres only the Rank left to tell anything about your opponents strenght which is harder to manipulate (you could pledge to a max contect but would not unlock new stuff but you cant decrease your rank).

A high rank means high play time which is very important in this game so you know all the positions and how to engage enemies in that positions, you know which weapon to use in which situation, you have better weapon handling, access to more mods.....

To say that rank is not the best option to base the matchmaking on. But its by far the best option which is already in the game right now to get a decent matchmaking.

I often see a team of 2 or 3 max rank enemies versus my team with much lower guys (like me + R50 + R70 + R120 versus R255 + R255 + R220). It doesnt help us to have 1 more guy in the team and at the end the GOLDEN R120 will have max 1 or 2 kills because the max rank guys destroy the low ranks so hard. Or a match me + R255 versus 3x R60 none of this R60 guys had a kill.

In my opinion this is the reason why newer players quit or stop playing the game. Because they want to win games and get some kills too but this matchmaking system higly favors high rank players.

Oh my God, no, no, no, absolutely not. You're deliberately misrepresenting the issue.

Threat does not signify a player's skill level - but neither does their rank. In fact, I'd go as far as to say it's even less of an indicator of skill.

High rank means high playtime - that much is true. But believe me when I say this: I've seen hundreds of R255 players who had little to no game sense. It is possible to just go through the game, earning standing with contacts and yet learning nothing in the process. This is only made more common by the existence of crutches in the game (see: the meta loadouts render some players simply unable to use anything else, because they become so used to the meta guns carrying them in the fight).

And, once again, you're completely omitting the fact that anyone can make a new character who will be an R9 one to everyone around.

Care to give us your background? Your example conveniently omits your own rank and threat level and I believe it could explain to us why you're holding these flawed beliefs.

20 hours ago, MartinPL said:

Care to give us your background? Your example conveniently omits your own rank and threat level and I believe it could explain to us why you're holding these flawed beliefs.

Im playing since 2010 best character is gold threat R130.

But i had a max rank character until my account got hacked and the character deleted.

20 hours ago, MartinPL said:

anyone can make a new character who will be an R9 one to everyone around.

Thats why i want to have something like an account Rank (not the threat its useless) which is used for matchmaking. So I would weight more in matchmaking.

13 minutes ago, Athon said:

Thats why i want to have something like an account Rank (not the threat its useless) which is used for matchmaking. So I would weight more in matchmaking.

That's what we've already got though.

You're simply asking for threat to be rebranded.
The issue isn't entirely just the threat, it's how match making pairs people up based on its algorithm.
LO have already said this is a critical feature they are going to redo.

33 minutes ago, Athon said:

Im playing since 2010 best character is gold threat R130.

But i had a max rank character until my account got hacked and the character deleted.

How awfully convenient that you can't provide any proof of ever reaching max rank. What a shame. /s

And as Asparii said... this "account rank" is already in the game. And it's literally the threat system. Which LO have already said that they intend to fix.

This is where my not-necessarily-nice personal opinion starts.

"You" want to weigh more in matchmaking? Then just play the goddamned game. You are not going to be given a victory every single time you play the game. You are bound to win some missions and lose some too. Being able to cherrypick the type of players you'll face off against is a surefire way to never improve.

As a matter of fact, playing against whomever the algorithm threw at me was how I personally improved my skills. An enemy is stronger than you? Learn their weaknesses, surprise them, try to be unpredictable - there's lots of tactics, and there's no player who's undefeated. Everyone has a weak point - and yours seems to be people stronger than you.

The entire point of this thread is baffling to me. How many more people will have to come here and say that you're misunderstanding rank and threat for you to finally stop trying to push this perspective of yours??

Edited by MartinPL

2 hours ago, MartinPL said:

Then just play the goddamned game

What do u think i am doing? You even reached max rank? I guess no and just to tell you this takes more than 3 hours.

2 hours ago, MartinPL said:

An enemy is stronger than you? Learn their weaknesses, surprise them, try to be unpredictable - there's lots of tactics,

I know how to play the game but not the 2 low ranks you get for 1 max rank enemy

You can rent 195 mods for quite cheap from the Joker ticket store for a week at a time, which lower ranks can use. You're not even limited on that front. So what's the purpose of the complaint?

Edited by SLICKIEM

30 minutes ago, Athon said:

What do u think i am doing? You even reached max rank? I guess no and just to tell you this takes more than 3 hours.

I know how to play the game but not the 2 low ranks you get for 1 max rank enemy

Miles ahead of you, sweetie.

cWwaco3.png

By the by, try not blaming your team and the matchmaking.

On 7/2/2018 at 12:38 PM, Athon said:

You have no idea

bruh. wut. I have never had an R255 because I play so many different characters, with my max being 180, and there have been a ton of times I've 2v2'd people who are max rating, there have been plenty of times I've seen max rating players who run around like they've never once played the game, there have been times I've had the 255s on my team do worse than literal R30 silvers, rating does not, will not, and never has reflected one player's skill. The threat system is far better at this, and the threat system is dog shit.