Sign in to follow this  
ArtDeco

Difference between the CR5 and Ntec? Any new changes?

Hello, I recall someone telling me that the CR5 has been changed to be a little different than the Ntec but I can't remember what was said. For the longest time the CR5 was a simple reskin of the Ntec5 but was there a recent change to the CR5?

They are exactly identical to each other but the NTEC is better.

• Like 1

Most of weapons are reskins of weapons you can get for free in-game.

CR-5 and N-TEC 5 is such case.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

The Scoped Ntec vs Ntec are different.

Guys stay away and dont purchase the scoped ntec, it's a total bait and the LO design team/ SPCT make also worse than the original with unannounced nerfs.

11 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Guys stay away and dont purchase the scoped ntec, it's a total bait and the LO design team/ SPCT make also worse than the original with unannounced nerfs.

To be fair, scoped has better stand still accuracy, and a 5m longer range base than the NTEC. It's just rare for people to fire it standing still lol. Stats havent changed too much.

What you mean about the nerfs tho? And yeah I remember something about announced nerfs ages ago, but forget what they were for the scoped NTEC. I remember thinking they were unnecesarry at the time.

8 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

To be fair, scoped has better stand still accuracy, and a 5m longer range base than the NTEC. It's just rare for people to fire it standing still lol. Stats havent changed too much.

yes you are right but in part, other difference are the scoped version has also that little more hateful horizontal recoil (but also less vertical recoil than others nonscoped ) and the accuracy drop of quite a bunch just pressing a little w-a-s-d whatever.

In teory it's a slighty better ntec for longer ranges, but in pratical it's a inconsistent weapon 

8 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

What you mean about the nerfs tho? And yeah I remember something about announced nerfs ages ago, but forget what they were for the scoped NTEC. I remember thinking they were unnecesarry at the time.

You are right again, seems at that time the design team decide to make the same base changes for everything named ntec in the armas, (they changed also the model of the scoped  if I remember right but  I am not so sure?), that's another confirm why balance patches are always a shallow business from LO, need 5 min trying the scoped ntec for understanding except the name there arent a lot of things in common, they both are totally two different weapon.

11 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

The scoped N-TEC has slightly better crouch accuracy. Standing it's the same. It also has a lower shot modifier cap, meaning full auto won't bloom as much.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 4:52 PM, PingOVER9000 said:

Where does this come from?

The Scoped N-TEC 5 actually has better stats than before LO took over. The only thing that is worse is the Jump Modifier to combat jump shooting. 

I made an effort to compare changes between patch files that are available to me from now till patch 1.19.4.771406. You can see changes related to a weapon here for example https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_AssaultRifle_NTEC-Scope_PR1_Armas/changes.

Please stop spreading misinformation.

• Like 1

All of this confusion will be solved if those stats were listed in game to begin with, like an advanced tab placed above the description.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Speedz said:

Where does this come from?

The Scoped N-TEC 5 actually has better stats than before LO took over. The only thing that is worse is the Jump Modifier to combat jump shooting. 

I made an effort to compare changes between patch files that are available to me from now till patch 1.19.4.771406. You can see changes related to a weapon here for example https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_AssaultRifle_NTEC-Scope_PR1_Armas/changes.

Please stop spreading misinformation.

I spread my little and own weak opinion based from my experience, I am not making a nowadays debat for gender equality .

The bloom and increased inaccuracy while moving it's always been a big L then add on the pile what I wrote before you didnt negate, the change have chosen ages ago the devs havent made the weapon balanced or valid enough for the current meta, I have no data about the purchase by JT/ Armas but the use/ popularity whatever in game from players confirm the fail.

No misinformation, it's the truth The Scoped n-tec is total con and for how the support is managed about the purchase, test trail or not in teory there is to feel sorry from someone.

Please, With the powers autoconferred upon me by the voice of common sense, accept my weak but friendly personal feedback and vote about the scoped n-tec (unfortunately the same matter is shared for 95% of weapons available in game)

fairly-odd-parents-super-f.gif 

Edited by PingOVER9000
whatever

The scoped N-TEC 5 is not used because it's not available for APB cash. It requires Joker Tickets or an Armas purchase. Same with the Agrotech ACES. It's better than the OCA and PMG in terms of accuracy, time to kill, and draw time, but it's locked behind JT or Armas, so most players don't use it.

Also, the 'Ursus' fills the same role, and it's technically more accessible since you don't have to grind for joker tickets if you're patient on the marketplace. If that extra 5M is really needed and fast close range ttk isn't needed, the Obeya CR762 makes more sense.

I wouldn't call it a con, it's just not good enough to justify spending JT or real cash on.

BTW, you can get VAS-R2 'Scepter' NFCP 3, as an alternative. It's the same as the Scoped N-TEC 5, but it has 3 open slots.

On 3/29/2023 at 12:41 AM, BlatMan said:

I wouldn't call it a con, it's just not good enough to justify spending JT or real cash on.

From your side, a player who it has got good/decent feedback, info about the weapon shared from others and experience.

You are right, it's just just a weapon not worthing, and never worthed enough, for the current meta.

From a different side, a fresh player or without feedbacks it's a lot more easy getting baited at first sight also after a test trail: it can seem a better ntec with more range, better marksman view, and less recoil, but it's just the part above of the little iceberg 🤣

Here you are wrong, it may happen getting blinded from the good sides after the purchase, he/she may think of trascurating the reasons why sometimes your tapfiring and aim  become so shallow, why the bloom increase so fast suddenly or why aim "shake" so horizontally... all the weapons in game, armas etc (except snipers) with bloom increasing by a  accuracy Walk Modifier over 1.8 are second grade/ trash.

The scoped N-TEC 5 is not used because it's not available for APB cash. It requires Joker Tickets or an Armas purchase

The game is F2P and playble without armas, but cut the story short generally people like to purchase their preferable toys without being bored to rent them any time, Scoped N-tec despite being restricted it for armas,  I can count with my hands the times after ages I have seen someone using the Scoped N-tec... and then I suppose someone changing the purchase for something else when it was allowed 🤣🤣

Agrotech ACES. It's better than the OCA and PMG in terms of accuracy, time to kill, and draw time, but it's locked behind JT or Armas, so most players don't use it.

... the Obeya CR762 makes more sense.

Well.. there are several reasons why People prefer Oca and PMG... why dont you try to purchase it directly and understand it🤣

Forget Obeya, try NSSW+ Hb2/ Mb get some muscle memory tapfiring after the 3-4 shots

Edited by PingOVER9000
all the weapons in game, armas etc (except snipers) with bloom increasing by a  accuracy Walk Modifier over 1.8 are second grade/ trash.

On 3/28/2023 at 6:41 PM, BlatMan said:

The scoped N-TEC 5 is not used because it's not available for APB cash. It requires Joker Tickets or an Armas purchase. Same with the Agrotech ACES. It's better than the OCA and PMG in terms of accuracy, time to kill, and draw time, but it's locked behind JT or Armas, so most players don't use it.

Also, the 'Ursus' fills the same role, and it's technically more accessible since you don't have to grind for joker tickets if you're patient on the marketplace. If that extra 5M is really needed and fast close range ttk isn't needed, the Obeya CR762 makes more sense.

BTW, you can get VAS-R2 'Scepter' NFCP 3, as an alternative. It's the same as the Scoped N-TEC 5, but it has 3 open slots.

True, but Aces also sucks because unlike the OCA and PMG, its 1 kill per mag, vs up to 3-4 per mag. It's not used because of money and viability.

Ursus I hate facing, but obeya does make more sense, Ursus is just better than the current NTEC because its like the prenerf ntec.

On 3/30/2023 at 5:46 AM, Noob_Guardian said:

Ursus is just better than the current NTEC because its like the prenerf ntec.

Nah after patch they are grossly equal overall, at least for me..I dont know  why but I have this feeling Ursus lost something with that  "fWalkModifier  from 1.2 to 1.6 in medium/closer range (aka decreased accuracy when aimed and moving aka also faster blooming)"  and the slighty fire rate nerf...

Anyway Nerfs or no,  they are still both pretty good.

Edited by PingOVER9000