Hexerin

MattScott, man up and fix the matchmaking. It's pathetic that you've let it be in this state this long.

yes fix this shit. i wanna wait 40 min for missions again. the less time i spend playing the better it is for my mental health

1 hour ago, Spillra said:

yes fix this shit. i wanna wait 40 min for missions again. the less time i spend playing the better it is for my mental health

You heard them Matt Scott, ban Spillra for their own mental health. 👍

1 hour ago, Spillra said:

theres this little magical button called unistall. it helps your mental health 10 fold

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rade said:

They should disable the /abandonmission feature as it is being abused by golds as a means to manipulate their odds of staying gold. It is also adding to the match making issues as people frequently abandoning the mission before opposition means more 1v1s and more waiting around for matches to start.

now this is some cooked as s take, you go have fun playing anti-social networking there buddy. When missions are fixed, people will stop abandoning.

15 hours ago, proxie said:

now this is some cooked as s take, you go have fun playing anti-social networking there buddy. When missions are fixed, people will stop abandoning.

I disagree, even with a perfect match making system players will continue to abuse the /abandonmission.

2 hours ago, Rade said:

I disagree, even with a perfect match making system players will continue to abuse the /abandonmission.

they wouldn’t be able to abuse /abandonmission, because they wouldn’t get unopposed missions

1 hour ago, glaciers said:

they wouldn’t be able to abuse /abandonmission, because they wouldn’t get unopposed missions

I think my idea of perfect is your idea of the dream matchmaking system where the moment you press K you are in a mission with opposition.

But lets run with your idea because when you think about it you just made the point that /abandonmission would be a redundant feature and therefore not needed, and can be removed.

Edited by Rade

20 hours ago, Rade said:

They should disable the /abandonmission feature as it is being abused by golds as a means to manipulate their odds of staying gold. It is also adding to the match making issues as people frequently abandoning the mission before opposition means more 1v1s and more waiting around for matches to start.

So do golds want to stay gold or dethreat? Which one was it now, I just can't keep up..

56 minutes ago, Rade said:

I think my idea of perfect is your idea of the dream matchmaking system where the moment you press K you are in a mission with opposition.

But lets run with your idea because when you think about it you just made the point that /abandonmission would be a redundant feature and therefore not needed, and can be removed.

it doesn’t have to be instant opp, that’s most likely never going to happen

i’m suggesting a system with perfect bare minimum matchmaking  functionality doesn’t start a mission until it has two teams queued, so yes ideally the /abandonmission command would be rendered useless

as a solo player unopposed missions aren’t just mind-numbingly boring, imo they’re actively harmful to matchmaking - what is the purpose of locking down 3 players that the system has already failed to correctly matchmake as a team? why not continue to have those 3 players available individually for more flexibility in terms of matchmaking combinations? 

• Like 1

How many times has it been explained and people still don't understand why matchmaking is the way it is and can't be fixed? 

Even if they do implement phasing, the player pool is still so low that it won't help much at all since the game is dead. Lmao

On 3/24/2023 at 5:48 PM, LilyRain said:

I know some people whom were really good Golds at 12-17 fps without cheats, on Laptops.

High fps on APB doesn't do much, there is no precise aim requirements. Only a hitbox + hitscan bullets. No headshots, no arm shots, no body nor leg-shots, nothing. I have done wonders myself at 60fps and garbage latency.

This is APB, if you can either press F or hold left-mouse-button on certain weapons, you can be Gold.

--------------------------

Yes, throwing a Trainee onto a full-fledged match is questionable but using those who can't differentiate between green and red names isn't a healthy metric. Those people are just existing without care. Unlikely even a good tutorial would help them. They'll proceed to exist as R255 Bronzes, might as well let them play from the start.

Maybe in the past like 2013 when a lot more people played on low fps and the game had more casual players it would have been possible to get gold with sub 20 fps but nowadays when even silvers on EU don't miss shots and most golds play as if they're participating in a tournament or something, I doubt. I used to play at 35-70 fps back in the day, was a lot easier than today that's for sure.

I have not experienced sub 20 fps in this game but my current laptop from 2017-2018 runs the game depending on it's mood and how populated the district is, ranging all the way from 128 to 42 fps and it's impossible to aim at 40-ish fps, mouse movement becomes sluggish, delayed as if some sort of input lag. It's day and night difference between 100 and 40, that's why I prefer emptier districts like 30v30 as I can actually aim there. I have played on friends pc who runs the game at 144-80 fps and it's insane how much easier it is to track opponents that are monkey dancing on your screen. I heavily disagree about your statement regarding fps not making much difference, hell even 60 vs 40 fps difference is pretty big. And there is also less stutters on more powerful hardware. I think most people today are used to smooth gameplay and have forgotten the struggles of sub 60 fps.

I'm gold myself not that it matters much anyways but against experienced players running at 144 fps I stand no chance in cqc direct engagements thus I have to rely on either getting a drop on them or doing some sneaky flanking maneuvers. At range it's still possible to shoot back as ttk increases and there usually is some sort of cover leaving more room for error. I don't use any potato configs as I love the art style of the game too much to ruin it, I'd rather not play at all tbh.

Edited by Weaboos

Even if the matchmaking is perfect every time,voip is workin and communication is ok-still the game will be frustratin cause of the mission system and its camp spots where each time the arivin 1st team will always have advantage.Plus playn in this system the game force u to change weapons like every stage.In other words-force u to be competitive every fkn time and is not fun for majority of people.Is like game with esports system but thrown for the casual players.Thats why told em to make some alternative mode(50vs50)for the big maps and to progress contacts with this new mode

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2023 at 8:29 AM, Mitne said:

Clearly his team. This trainee and bronze were great assets.

the trainee had a spinbot so it was all good

On 3/23/2023 at 7:24 PM, TheMessiah said:

when?this decade?doh anyway lets log again and play this jewel...

p.s. at least they can hide threat so maybe golds will stop leavin missions so often when they see silvers/bronzes in their teams.Plus when u see bronze as opponent-u immediately know hes easy target which makes bronze life even harder.Do this-save a bronze-save the planet

BqnXjZc.png

They should just remove ranks and make it like this. I get missions where i'm gold with 3 silvers against 4 golds and they tryhard their brains out but then i play against the same gold when he has 2 silvers on the team and is afk and doesn't even play just cuz he doesn't wanna play with silvers cuz he says they are noobs... 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, skerblerd said:

How many times has it been explained and people still don't understand why matchmaking is the way it is and can't be fixed? 

They can add or modify missions, make events, remove treats from servers etc

Add some modifcation to matchmaking it's not such a brainstorm requiring ages..

21 hours ago, skerblerd said:

Even if they do implement phasing, the player pool is still so low that it won't help much at all since the game is dead. Lmao

that's why you may be destined to walk forever the road of the loser or donkey minded simp such as this company called LO, the only cure is making something ASAP.

LITTLE STORY:i-am-making-south-park-morgan-freeman-v0

I remind when I was a teenger guy in school with my classmates we were making a break outside after gym class near the cofee/snack machine.

Really I remind all as it was yesterday, At the ground there were some coins of 1, 2 euro cents, probabily someone trhrow away them because they pretty worthless... nobody cared at all

There was me, my cousin and this friend of mine, we were talking or laughing about the more or less happened that old days... then after a while this friend of mine while he was silenced for a moment taking his breath, I dont know, he  turned around and has gone to get those little cents and dirty from the steps of people passing there.

Then the bell rang  and we were late so we have to run and return in class for the change of school subject.

After we finished school and we were all togheter going to make the usual walking for reach the bus or train, I asked him why did you get these cents?... I mean he was always a little weird but in the good side of the road if I can explain his behaviour and the father of him, a total c*nt,  has a factory big such as half of the part of municipality in the countryside I lived.... really I cant figure out why one like him to do something like that XD

This guy looked at him for 2/3 sec, just only 2/3 sec for answering me,  but with a serious face, and the rare time he is serious  it's always been a big trouble or big laugh later XD, anyway he answered me: " Because if then I will get another cent, then another cent from the streets or whatever then at the end I will have a lot of money"

Oh for real, I and also the other two friend of mine, this guy we know for being a gattling bullsh*t and now we were SPEECHLESS!

This guy now is a little CEO of a little but roaring company for security system done from nothing but himself, we are still friend after ages, every 2 or 3 year he host me in his house in the montains during last festivals of the year and believe me or not there I met some top players,managers of Juventus or other big companies and everytime there it's such a good time everybody we noted we forget whatever trouble we have before.

I think He is one of the most satisfied and happy people I have ever met, and with this I end this poppie borin story for someone.

Anyway,  so dear @skerblerd and also you LO, @MattScott or whatever dont understimate the valour of some little cents on the way, in this case for LO I mean the new players, the only changes from G1 to LO I see they are mainly new way for make money or  fail plans or half or total lies, projects etc, this continue retarding about  improvments you are just indirectly confirming us you are just milking the last acid milk drops from your community.. nothing no more nor less

Bye

Edited by PingOVER9000

On 3/28/2023 at 8:50 AM, PingOVER9000 said:

They can add or modify missions, make events, remove treats from servers etc

Add some modifcation to matchmaking it's not such a brainstorm requiring ages..

How would adding missions or modify them affect matchmaking? Only thing I could see it fixing is people constantly spamming /ab to get defense. 

How would adding events affect matchmaking?

Removing "treats" from servers? Honestly have no idea what you mean. I assume something with threat levels..?

Dude typed up a novel just to give no real solutions to something he is complaining about. Lmao

What I said still stands. Matchmaking is dependent on the current player pool. If there is only 50 people to match against, the system is basically going to throw you in with whoever is available to join the mission, unless you want to wait an hour to get semi similar skilled opp that you will continue to rematch until someone ragequits. It's not a hard concept to grasp really.

**Even if they include phasing, the pool is still too low to get proper matchmaking, because not that many people play the game in total. It would help sure, but it wouldn't be where everyone wants it to be.

And yes I agree the mission system is garbage and one-sided. I don't think anyone would argue against that. That is a completely separate topic from matchmaking though. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, skerblerd said:

How would adding missions or modify them affect matchmaking? Only thing I could see it fixing is people constantly spamming /ab to get defense. 

How would adding events affect matchmaking?

Removing "treats" from servers? Honestly have no idea what you mean. I assume something with threat levels..?

1) Adding new missions is possible and a tool devs have already used in past during the ages making the gameplay more entertainment. it's also true community for ages has posted several good advices about it and unfortunately both G1 and then LO ignored them, anyway seeing your lack of knowledge about it, you can check by yourself in the game suggestion section.

2) Events are something of a tool for breaking the routing from mission or normal gameplay, it's a feature only used in festival.. that's such a disappointment is so restricted and we dont have a weekend or montly events such as other more lively games,  anyway neither G1 nor LO never invested or thought enough of some good events with little adjustment can be adapted in matchmaking

Anarchy is such a sadly example of a forgotten one with so much potential and a lot of times community for ages screamed for how much this event is beatiful and not used properly.

For answering your question, ANARCHY can be reworked and make finally the so awaited CLAN/ GANG WARS since from G1 we are waiting for a release and LO totally skipped the idea.

Clans has no sense in game, imagine rework it for a matchmaking involving CLANS with a format of 15 vs 15 or 30 vs 30 formats, then put a decent reward system around it for pushing players feeling rewarded in competition and then finally we have another tasty matchmaking tool.

There are tons of suggestions for a better matchmaking or adding more tools adviced during the years from the community and far away better than mine, like there was one about making some events/ matchmaking allowing the use of special weapons with pre-nerfs stats in VIPS missions or some missions like the old HVR or old Osnaw and seeing again something fun like this:

G1 didnt give a f*ck  care except the usual false promises or ignoring the community, at the beginning LO made some timid trying without consulting the community for then they totally drop out from the scenes, seeing the Game suggestion section of the forum still being ingnored or no one of the LO team with the duty of managing contenent , if it really exist??,  commenting in the section, we have already the answer.

Too bad, the publishers G1 AND LO didnt explorer and investing in a team working on adding different matchups, from their side there is a big potential for making  EXTRA MONEY.

PURCHASING PREMIUM HAS NO SENSE because give very little for end players, it's a total loss of opportunity from their side, but  so in case of adding new matchmakings for example a clan wars  system or other different matchmaking types, it can be restricted to 2 or 3 times per week while  for PREMIUM players there may be NO RESTRICTION and they can also play as random mercenary and join where clan has shortage on numbers.... TOTAL AND TOTAL LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY

3) Green/ Bronze/ Silver/ Gold treats are kinda of too much plotholes, overall we are agree doensnt favour new players and some end players, these little babies or "little cents from LO perspective" shall stay distant and have their time for growing their skill and understaing the mechanics  of the game.

So rank it's not a enough good tool for letting them have time to grew up, why not try focus instead on another parameters like the account time game hrs and the actual level of the character?

hii4hoN.png

For hyphotesis, assuming the "0-255 is about 300 to 500 hours , Let's make servers restricted for players aka NEW PLAYERS under the 150/220 hrs of game time and rank below 199, they will automatic join and can only join these servers. These servers will also have restriction for not allowing explosive weapons and weapons cannot be modded more than 1 modication per weapon.

Accounts, whatever if they have one or two+ characters, with more than 150/220 total hrs of game time, they will join the advanced pvp servers.

Silver and gold servers may still be the final option, there are still players with bad ping and/or low pc and they struggle against gold ranks or just bad/ mediocre players still in improving mode,  so ok for letting them enjoy the game and leaving there, but competitive players deserve and need their bitter but tasteful poison, better rewards (with joker tickets, more interesting and restricted missions etc), there is certainly potential for working about it and certainly something better than I am suggesting.

5 hours ago, skerblerd said:

Dude typed up a novel just to give no real solutions to something he is complaining about. Lmao

What I said still stands. Matchmaking is dependent on the current player pool. 

The "Dude" here is sorry for the boring story and sorry you didnt get point about wasting opportunity it may means, any decent business is a circle with the needing of roots going far away and deep possible, the current game has nothing to offer to the current players = nothing from cashing for the actual publisher, so what you said is bullsh*t.

The dude here also make 3 months vacation and 5 vacations per year and also stinky happy because he tried hard no wasting his opportunities and he is sorry again for the useless post above, because despite the good intentions, mine, yours and others with their suggestions, seeing how it's managed the game, all we wrote here it is a waste of time.

Why?

Because, We all share the passion for this game and all we would be wrong, but all we know nothing will change.

Bye

Fixing missions, whether that be modifying/adding/removing some of them, doesn't affect the matchmaking. The 'making' of the match is where the system currently has its largest weakpoint, predominantly because when you're in a district of 100, there's only at MOST 10 people that the system can pit you against. This results in really small player pools where you're essentially at the luck of the draw when it comes to getting a comparable opponent.

Improving that pool, and enabling users to have a larger selection from for matches, would give them a better match.

After we fix the issue of matchmaking, then it would seem more necessary to fix the missions where they have poor placement of objectives, or objective types.

On 4/3/2023 at 8:10 AM, Sergsininia said:

Fixing missions, whether that be modifying/adding/removing some of them, doesn't affect the matchmaking. The 'making' of the match is where the system currently has its largest weakpoint, predominantly because when you're in a district of 100, there's only at MOST 10 people that the system can pit you against. This results in really small player pools where you're essentially at the luck of the draw when it comes to getting a comparable opponent.

Improving that pool, and enabling users to have a larger selection from for matches, would give them a better match.

After we fix the issue of matchmaking, then it would seem more necessary to fix the missions where they have poor placement of objectives, or objective types.

Don't worry, sweaty "I just want to play with my friends" guys will find a way to bug out/abuse the system so they never have to have a fair match

you can't fix matchmaking when the pool of players to pick from is less than 100, or in the US less than 50 or 20, or even 10 at times.

Man I really wish this thread would have been about you stomping those Golds and carrying your team for the win but we are back to reality sadly  😒

Annoying parrots repeating other people's words. The pool of players is small, 50 people is not enough, and so on... Have you noticed that in the supermarket goods with a certain price, volume and properties are divided into shelves? The seller arranges the goods so that it would be convenient for the buyer to find the right product. So, in APB, the seller used to do his job poorly (now he doesn’t do it at all) and it was difficult for the buyer (the matchmaking system) to choose a product. It is necessary to return the old system. But add harsh nerfs and apps for trying to enter districts with an inappropriate level of play. If you initially seat the players on the appropriate shelves, then the problem will be solved. All these thoughts about interdistrict matchmaking are doomed.

And the main thing is that the work will take not years but weeks. There is a huge hole in the game! Patch it up somehow!

What's wrong with this plan? My chair is on fire from inactivity in this problem!

Edited by Yapopal

On 3/23/2023 at 9:24 PM, TheMessiah said:

when?this decade?doh anyway lets log again and play this jewel...

p.s. at least they can hide threat so maybe golds will stop leavin missions so often when they see silvers/bronzes in their teams.Plus when u see bronze as opponent-u immediately know hes easy target which makes bronze life even harder.Do this-save a bronze-save the planet

Gold players will either reduce their activity in a game or group up with other gold players. We already seeing this by many missions with full bronzies and silvers teams against 255r gold premades. Your idea will also work as a punishment for gold players because they're willing to play fair matches and not to be forced to babysit with bronzies in their team. It's not a problem of gold players that matchmaking sucks. Hiding threats will only hurt the pop of active players more because people rather leave the game for the proper matchmaking update than deal with it

Edited by gremlen

On 4/5/2023 at 12:48 PM, ComicCy said:

Don't worry, sweaty "I just want to play with my friends" guys will find a way to bug out/abuse the system so they never have to have a fair match

I legit refused to play in 4s cause my groups would legit never get opp. Even playing in 3s takes forever to get opp. Playing with other high level Golds is basically only enjoyable in duos and that's what I still have seen the few times I've played since coming back after years. 

Don't think it has anything to do with "abusing the system" more-so than just happenstance that 5-6 split players happen to be K'd up at the same time waiting for opp. And is it a farfetched idea that maybe people just want to play in a full group with friends? It's not like they are out to destroy your in-game experience. Lmao