Sign in to follow this  
Y2Venom

Very smooth game,yet Lagging bad in gun fights.

I am having terrible trouble with the game as soon as i engage with somebody. Some players its really really bad, others not so much. As soon as my aim is on a player and it goes red,i completely lag out. I manage some shots but ultimately i completely lag, then ragdoll. The rest of the game is smooth as a cucumber. I have my graphic settings right down but still having this issue. Its now become unplayable. Sniper is impossible to use, again nice and smooth but as soon as i land on target, stutter and i jump off the target.

24 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

I am having terrible trouble with the game as soon as i engage with somebody. Some players its really really bad, others not so much. As soon as my aim is on a player and it goes red,i completely lag out. I manage some shots but ultimately i completely lag, then ragdoll. The rest of the game is smooth as a cucumber. I have my graphic settings right down but still having this issue. Its now become unplayable. Sniper is impossible to use, again nice and smooth but as soon as i land on target, stutter and i jump off the target.

try apb advanced launcher.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yea very smooth game but u lag when fight some1-which is the main thing in this game.Great optimization..(same thing here)

From what i heard the main problem for this lags and stutters is the RAM.Quote exactly what one person ingame was typin like 6-7 weeks ago(dist. chat):

Kuichi: nah still lag spikes when start shooting

Kuichi: such a sht

TheMessiah: told u

TheMessiah: have when movin around also

SentariaGold: The client bit version never had anything to do with the microstutter anyway

SentariaGold: The stutter when moving around is due to the RAM cache clearing

TheMessiah: need more ram basically?

SentariaGold: The stutter when shooting im not too sure about,but its likely something with the particles bugging out

SentariaGold: and no,more ram wont help you

SentariaGold: its the memory dump thats bugging out

SentariaGold: which is what it dumps on your hard drive

SentariaGold: instead of in your actual ram

(he went afk but i find him :p)

ToSentariaGold: this with the ram is something LO must work on?

SentariaGold: yea

SentariaGold: they need to swap to a pure ram based cache instead of storage dump caching

SentariaGold: back when apb was released,a lot of people had only 4GB of ram

SentariaGold: so the high level of customisation was impossible to do fully in ram

SentariaGold: so they used something called storage caching

SentariaGold: which bassically stores textures and patterns on your drive before emptying them

SentariaGold: its the emptying part that causes hitches

SentariaGold: this wouldnt be an issue using ram or vram

SentariaGold: unfortunately,the code is an absolute chaotic spaghetti bolognese mess

SentariaGold: so its hard to rewrite it to make use of ram caching

SentariaGold: another issue is the UI,which is made using adobe frameworks

SentariaGold: scaleform is a highly unoptimized UI renderer

SentariaGold: which is why the game lags when you open a menu during gameplay

SentariaGold: they replaced the scoreboard with something else already

SentariaGold: but its harder for the inventory

• Thanks 2

Well, I knew that had to do with customization already (some players and only them would lag you out in mission even when you have a decent computer just by being near them. You'd suspect hacking if it weren't for realizing theres no such hacks. It leaves customization as being the only culprit, and if its cacheing then i guess it makes sense. Especially since an empty district runs better than a full district in gold vs a bronze district with low ranks/little customization.

Just install a config, even with advanced launcher you will still get stutters and poor performance with everything turned down.

Flaws' config is very easy to install, he's put a lot of time into it and made it free for people to use. The key ones to install are the graphics files and the reduced visuals files (e.g. muzzle flash removal)

If you don't like how the game looks with a config, then you have your two options and should decide between the two; average looks and terrible performance, or terrible looks and average performance.

Edited by Connor
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

It'd help if you posted your PC specs and when this issue started happening. Outside of that have you tried to close background applications? I have heard of a case recently where razer synapse would make a users fps dip down to 10-20 from 80+ by just moving their mouse.

Video stuttering is observed when players interact, as well as when interacting with the outside world. The game freezes before car collisions, before gunshots, and during combat. Also freezes occur before playing jingles, when working with inventory.

It's most annoying when using a shotgun.

In beta, the inventory worked very well. In the live version, the inventory works just as badly as the old one.

It is very annoying when the game freezes, and then a message arrives that you were killed by some monkey with NTEC or Ursus.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Connor said:

The key ones to install are the graphics files and the reduced visuals files (e.g. muzzle flash removal)

Just as a heads up, removing muzzle flash is against the rules and can result in disciplinary action.

I dropped my resolution which helped a bit. Its a bit more playable now. Although, somebody comes at me with NFAS, i am gone :D

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Just as a heads up, removing muzzle flash is against the rules and can result in disciplinary action.

I watched the part of the Q&A vid where this question is proposed. The summary of his response is basically that it's against ToS but nothing will happen unless someone directly reports you, and this will be the case until the code is updated so that this is no longer possible. 

That's a good take imo, no point hurting population further over something which has little effect and investing time into making it detectable if in the future it will be a non-issue anyway.

Ah, yes, the age-old problem of lag. It's a real bummer when you're trying to play a game and it just won't cooperate. I'm sorry to hear that you're having such terrible trouble with the game. It sounds like you've done all the right things to try and fix the issue, but it's still not working. I guess you just have to accept that some games are just too much for your computer to handle. Maybe you should just stick to playing something a bit more basic, like solitaire or Minesweeper. That way, you won't have to worry about lag ruining your gaming experience.

1 hour ago, proxie said:

I guess you just have to accept that some games are just too much for your computer to handle

why u play with the potato grafics if ur specs are so great then?(and is not this sht game)

Edited by TheMessiah

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

why u play with the potato grafics if ur specs are so great then?(and is not this sht game)

Well, first of all, let me start by saying that I'm not sure what you mean by "potato graphics" - but I'm assuming you're referring to the graphics of the game APB Reloaded. If so, then let me explain why I choose to play this game despite having a powerful gaming PC with specs that include an Intel Core i7-1090 processor, 32GB of RAM, and an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti graphics card.

First of all, APB Reloaded is a great game. It's an open-world online shooter that allows players to customize their characters, vehicles, and weapons. The game also features a variety of missions and activities that can be completed in order to progress through the game. The graphics are actually quite good for an online shooter, and the game runs smoothly on my PC.

Secondly, I enjoy playing APB Reloaded because it's a game that I can play with my friends. We can all join the same server and play together, which is something that I really enjoy. It's also a great way to stay connected with my friends who live far away, as we can all join the same server and play together.

Finally, I enjoy playing APB Reloaded because it's a game that I can play for free. There are no subscription fees or microtransactions, so I can just jump in and play whenever I want.

So, to answer your question, I play APB Reloaded because it's a great game with good graphics, I can play with my friends, and it's free. And finally thats why I play APB Reloaded despite having a powerful gaming PC with specs that include an Intel Core i7-1090 processor, 32GB of RAM, and an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti graphics card.

Thanks  for asking!

• Thanks 1