Sign in to follow this  
OneSecond

15 March update disables alt+tabing

I must say what an interesting update we got today on 15th of March 2023.

They 'potentially' fixed the minimizing fps loss issues/memory being cluttered. Here's how it goes in the Little Orbit offices:

"How to stop people from losing fps after alt+tabing because there's this memory leak, well lets just not let people minimize at all. Pass! And its released on live server! Great idea everyone, good job lets call it a day."

So.. what happened It doesn't let you alt tab properly, unless you specifically maximize program 'over' the game window in task manager and even then it's not reliable, like I can't even open a folder or check some other program because I can't alt tab anymore, what a joke. Checked with another 3 friends, same issue, they cannot alt tab, game stays as the main window regardles if u choose another window to switch to.

Not to mention the moment I alt tab, which doesn't even provide me with the result anymore, it plummets my fps by -35 and locks it there. Seriously ?

There is an issue on new RTX cards for example when the game freezes or the screen turns black and alt+tabing would fix it every time, now you can't do that at all. That's it, force close the game and restart, nothing else works.

Clearly the update messed it up. Where's the quality assurance team who lets these 'patches' pass ? Ridiculous.

Edited by OneSecond

Great. Seems like that was fixed, changed or reverted to how it was. Back to normal.

As this issue has been resolved, I'll go ahead and mark this as such and lock the thread.

~@mayii