Sign in to follow this  
Abramusas

After the patch can't alt tab out of the game when game freezes

Before the last patch when the game froze in the spawning screen you could just alt+tab the game it would minimize, then you would maximize and you could play the game, but now, since you can't alt tab you are stuck in the frozen spawning screen. 

Also, when you alt tab even when the game doesn't minimize the fps drops 30-40%.

Edited by Abramusas

That's really unfortunate! It sounds like the patch has caused some major issues with the game. Have you tried restarting your computer or reinstalling the game? If that doesn't work, you may need to contact the game's support team for further assistance.

• Thanks 2

This is hilarious. The two answers might be joking by any chance ?

It doesn't let you alt tab properly, unless you specifically maximize program 'over' the game window in task manager and even then it's not reliable, like I can't even open a folder or check some other program because I can't alt tab anymore, what a joke.

Not to mention the moment I alt tab, which doesn't even provide me with the result, it plummets my fps by -35. Seriously ?

Also, the dude mentioned when the game used to freeze for him, alt tabing would fix it, same issue with game screen turning black on newest Nvidia cards, where alt+tab would fix it normally, now you can't do at all.

One doesn't mind it too much another one is suggesting to rr pc and/or reinstall game. What's next reinstall windows ? buy new pc ? Lol

Clearly the update messed it up, there's nothing to fix from the users' end. Where's the quality assurance team who lets these 'patches' pass ? Ridiculous.

i too am having serious issues with alt tab and alt enter. this is the first patch since 64bit thats had a problem. they can't all be home runs i guess

also have any of you seen how dark the screen gets when you're +85 damage inside asylum now? its incredibly difficult to see

I'm really surprised RTX cards freezing was not fixed with the 64bit update. Wasn't the whole point of it RTX card support?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, proxie said:

That's really unfortunate! It sounds like the patch has caused some major issues with the game. Have you tried restarting your computer or reinstalling the game? If that doesn't work, you may need to contact the game's support team for further assistance.

The freeze on spawning screen I encountered happened to my friend who also died. That happened almost at the same time. Both of our games froze in the spawn screen. I'm pretty sure your suggestion won't work, since it happened on 2 different systems, almost at the same time. Both of us use nvidia graphics cards. Over the time I've played this game I noticed that the spawning screen freezes occur more on waterfront.

8 hours ago, Weaboos said:

I'm really surprised RTX cards freezing was not fixed with the 64bit update. Wasn't the whole point of it RTX card support?

Not sure about RTX cards, but I have an XFX AMD 6800 and only had issues with alt-tabbing from the 3/15 patch.

Basically only happens while fullscreen exclusive, I'll go and alt-tab and when I tab back in no actions work; such as: clicking, keystrokes, etc.

Game acts like you're still alt-tabbed or something.

Wow, that's really great! It sounds like the patch has been a huge success and you and your friend are really enjoying it. I'm sure the developers are thrilled to hear about your experience!

Hello,

I have moved this topic to the PC Bugs & Tech Issues section of our forums.

There was a hotfix earlier today that should have resolved the issue, could you please confirm you are no longer experiencing it ?

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

- Azukii