Ritual

03/15 Maintenance Announcement (Build#1359)

1 hour ago, Desumanu said:

So there was no maintenance earlier around that 9am UCT

that seems to be the deal, I was playing at 8;45 Pac time, and the hud announced a shut down in 15 min.

13 minutes ago, El-Neko said:

Not everyone plays on potato config settings. You'll be surprised good chunk of us do play at max settings... Since upgrade to 64-bit alot of places the baked lighting is just awful at alot of places in all the maps we play in.

I just put together a new machine. Sad enough that there is hardly any fps, the latency is something awful...My internet network 2Gbps/s and 140-160ms the latency. (I live Central EU) 
I hope the guys really hit the ground running this year. Just not Tiggs style. 😄 

this patch has absolutely killed my ability to alt tab. i've crashed twice doing it. also perma night in asylum is really unpleasent, the variety in the lighting was nice... i'd reconsider, it doesn't look good when you get tagged for +85 and the whole screen goes dark

edit: alt enter has almost 100% crash rate going back to fullscreen.

Edited by BillehBobJoe
  • Like 1

i'm honestly not a fan of removing the day/night system on asylum

1 hour ago, El-Neko said:

Not everyone plays on potato config settings. You'll be surprised good chunk of us do play at max settings... Since upgrade to 64-bit alot of places the baked lighting is just awful at alot of places in all the maps we play in.

max settings gang!

2 hours ago, El-Neko said:

i play at max settings, and i still think its pointless change, changing to nighttime only is just a poor excuse for not fixing the lighting

• Like 1

i dont really understand why of all things right now, map lighting and day / night cycles are being changed. can a dev walk my peabrain through this?

1 hour ago, majuler said:

i dont really understand why of all things right now, map lighting and day / night cycles are being changed. can a dev walk my peabrain through this?

not a dev but my optimistic explanation is they're working through the lighting in every district for optimization and asylum was the first "done"

On 3/15/2023 at 6:11 PM, Frosi said:

I haven't noticed a difference whatsoever when it comes to the 4x4.

It's deffo more bouncy than before. My friends also noticed that. 

Merged.

On 3/15/2023 at 12:19 AM, LilyRain said:

But why? The sun should light upon us every now and then.

Moreover, couldn't this permanent nighttime setting wait till the known issue is addressed?

Asylum is a God forsaken place so even the sun does not shine there. Anyone who plays there deserves eternal darkness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glaciers said:

not a dev but my optimistic explanation is they're working through the lighting in every district for optimization and asylum was the first "done"

well can they fkn disable the joker vending machines audio atleast temporarily aswell? yeshhhhh...

I find it hilarious that the joker ammo box audio issue has been present since the 1.3 update went into open beta. You have had all this time and have not fixed it. You had the entire open beta week to fix it. What even was the point of that open beta if all those brought up issues havent been touched on yet. Instead, you change Asylum lighting and stiffen the suspension of the RWD vegas. Not even the 4x4 which everyone uses anyways. Rushed update, and they don't even care to fix or change proper issues that have been present since the beginning. Classic LO. 

• Like 2

I assume that the last update was made for study. The developers slightly changed the game parameters to make sure that everything works fine.

You guys completely ruined the beloved G20. None of us in the organized drift community that's stood for 10+ years can enjoy driving it anymore as it just feels like a bloated floppy attempt at making it into a 4x4. A number of us spent today trying to find any combination of mods, trunk items, and changes to technique to return some of the enjoyment but none of it comes close. For most of us, organized drifting and making cars to do it is the only thing we actually do in this game. 

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the original model and the decision to change it was entirely short-sighted. I've seen it mentioned by other players that it was due to flipping/rolling, but as someone who has literally thousands of hours doing nothing but driving the G20 I can tell you it flips more often and more easily than before. 

Please take our plea into consideration and don't kill this community.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

So what was today's patch? I had to update my client again.

Another client update and no patch notes. Did Ritual get fired?