INSANITYV2

Game is disconnecting me

I checked my firewall and there's no change in that... I've been disconnected 10 times already. This is getting really annoying. 

• Like 3

No way? That's new. I haven't seen any news about anything like this.

All the time, it's unplayable. Can someone from LO may enlighten us if its DDOS or what their tech staff did? I never experienced that in years.

34 minutes ago, INSANITYV2 said:

I checked my firewall and there's no change in that... I've been disconnected 10 times already. This is getting really annoying. 

BE detects something, it's set to temp kick.  My recommendation is work /w support to find out what the troublesome program/process could be or you could work /w it manually and shut off processes until you make a determination what program/process is setting off BE.

1 minute ago, Hey! said:

BE detects something, it's set to temp kick.  My recommendation is work /w support to find out what the troublesome program/process could be or you could work /w it manually and shut off processes until you make a determination what program/process is setting off BE.

Well server restarted I'll see if it happens again 

Also, I use an AMD, and when BE was first implemented I got kicked constantly.  Turns out I had to re-flash my motherboard bios to a lower version, the gateway bios as there's some incompatibility.  Using the lower version gate bios, I have been able to enter the game and not get disconnected at all, except for the occasional server crashes and whatnot.

2 minutes ago, Hey! said:

I didn't change a thing and its getting worse each and every day. I only have Discord, Task Manager and YouTube running. So if there are standard programs like anti-virus programs whatsoever, LO should inform us what to do. Because that is definately NOT on the clients end connection-wise.

Just now, Snjezana said:

I didn't change a thing and its getting worse each and every day. I only have Discord, Task Manager and YouTube running. So if there are standard programs like anti-virus programs whatsoever, LO should inform us what to do. Because that is definately NOT on the clients end connection-wise.

There's only a few people who have this issue, and it's a technical issue, going to be based on the person's computer set-up, everyone is different.  I have an AMD, for example.  BE is set to temp kick for "suspicious" programs, that's why it does that.  LO is aware, sometimes innocent programs are accidentally flagged, that's why it's a "temp" kick but you could try and work with support.  I tried a few player recommendations on the technical section of the forum and actually found reflashing my motherboard bios to a lower version solved the AMD incompatibility issue, but other people's issues could be different.

Just now, Hey! said:

There's only a few people who have this issue, and it's a technical issue, going to be based on the person's computer set-up, everyone is different.  I have an AMD, for example.  BE is set to temp kick for "suspicious" programs, that's why it does that.  LO is aware, sometimes innocent programs are accidentally flagged, that's why it's a "temp" kick but you could try and work with support.  I tried a few player recommendations on the technical section of the forum and actually found reflashing my motherboard bios to a lower version solved the AMD incompatibility issue, but other people's issues could be different.

You know, I'm happy that I can open my e-mails. I have no idea how to reflash anything. 

I find it disturbing that they haven't even commented on the matter..

1 minute ago, Snjezana said:

You know, I'm happy that I can open my e-mails. I have no idea how to reflash anything. 

giphy.gif
Look it up 😺

I already DMed lixil and she told me they're gonna try to figure out what the problem is 

I went through my logs in the APB file and found this:

Vivox Voice Service

06-27-18 20:41:37.893  12028 Error   Connection::Read Disconnected: this=0x5a88468

The number in front of the "Error" differs, but it matches the times I got disconnected. Anybody an idea why?

Vivox is evil and should be aborted on launch.

@SelttikS What is Vivox?

@InsanityV2 Same here

Could APB Advance launcher be an issue? I'm not using it to play off of it right now but I do have it installed 

Edited by INSANITYV2
Typo

12 minutes ago, Snjezana said:

@SelttikS What is Vivox?

@InsanityV2 Same here

Vivox is the really shitty in game chat thing. It is horrible and should have been replaced a long time ago.

13 minutes ago, INSANITYV2 said:

Could APB Advance launcher be an issue? I'm not using it to play off of it right now but I do have it installed 

AL just edits config files, wouldn't cause that issue.

Maybe @MattScott, @Lixil or someone from the Techstaff could answer what has been asked often. :]

1. Are there problems everyone got on PC like an anti-virus app etc. which could cause this?

2. Is this maybe related to two connections from the same IP/Router?

Because writing to support with the thousands of tickets could take days/weeks and it's unplayable.

It would be really nice if there was an error message of some sort for BE temp kicks, so they were distinguishable from your average disconnect. I was getting kicked at the same time OP was, maybe 4 times in span of 20 minutes after no issues for hours. But I put it down to the servers being weird, it'd be nice to know for sure.

Edited by Teardrops69

Ive been dealing with this issue as well, since yesterday. It could be a technical issue on my end, but seen as I atleast wasn't bothered by it at all up till the most recent update (Yesterday?), my guess is it has something to do with either the new patch or the recent server issues

Just now, Teardrops69 said:

It would be really nice if there was an error message of some sort for BE temp kicks, so they were distinguishable from your average disconnect. I was getting kicked at the same time OP was, maybe 4 times in span of 20 minutes 

I think BE does give a message when it kicks.

Ive not been kicked, but messages have been posted to the forums.

• Thanks 1

Just now, CookiePuss said:

I think BE does give a message when it kicks.

Ive not been kicked, but messages have been posted to the forums.

Good to know. Are you playing on Citadel or Jericho? On Jericho my friends bounce between online/offline around the same time it's happening to me.

Same here. Actually not only getting kicked for no reason (which is itself extremely frustrating), but since the new patch I've had this weird patootie issue where sometimes my character goes AFK in the middle of the mission and I end up teleporting/not being able to do anything until it decides to come back at non-AFK status

Please solve 'cause I almost broke my chair out of rage today :]