Sign in to follow this  
zanetti05

Macro ? No ban?

Hi i have a question.. many people use macros but they are not banable ? people who shoot faster than a SHAW. thanks for the replies

I think last official stance was it's a gray area, mostly not bannable sadly.

Edit: It is bannable

I'm not sure how easy it is to consistently detect this without false positives, but if possible I think this should be much higher prio than punishing griefers, since macros "grief" you in PVP, and there's an unfair advantage in them, motivating doing it, unlike griefing

Edited by N66

11 minutes ago, N66 said:

I think last official stance was it's a gray area, mostly not bannable sadly.

Very wrong, macros are strictly forbidden as per APB's EULA

8e1bb311a090b146ad1916bcc000a109.png

Also I want to let OP know that macros can not make weapons shoot faster than the rate of fire enforced by the server and that very experienced players can get pretty damn close to shooting at the max rate of fire on semi auto guns even without macros. In the end its a hard thing to detect but still very much against the rules and EAC / FairFight in the future should hopefully help detecting them faster.

Pretty sure LO in past got some big money sponsorhip  from some mouse company sooo.... anyway in games generally macros may freeze for a little your framerate, in fps games is not a good thing, totally no.... but Then with a little training you can fire much as fast as macro and adjust your recoil with muscle memory and practice, without freeze, so suffer as me or dont use semiauto or just tell LO you will send the bill and you expect for compensation when you will suffer for carpal tunnel.

They will laugh to it and answer maybe spending more time in f*pping  it was a better investment... If I was in support I will have surely aswered like that 😂

Edited by PingOVER9000

15 hours ago, Frosi said:

Also I want to let OP know that macros can not make weapons shoot faster than the rate of fire enforced by the server and that very experienced players can get pretty damn close to shooting at the max rate of fire on semi auto guns even without macros. In the end its a hard thing to detect but still very much against the rules and EAC / FairFight in the future should hopefully help detecting them faster.

You can check the consistency of clicks and the intervals. Most macros are literally click, wait 0.1s click, wait 0.1s. Nobody and I mean nobody clicks with perfect consistency either, we all mess up the rhythm, no matter how good you are.

You can't really ban someone off of that alone unless the data is really obvious but in cases against some closet cheaters it can serve as a good indicator or an additional piece of evidence that someone is cheating. I have encountered so many macro users in random groups I was invited to that it's scary.

Edited by Thial

22 hours ago, Frosi said:

I see, thanks for pointing that out, at least the decision is finally made, now hopefully as you said, anti-cheat will be able to detect them