Ritual

APB Roadmap 2023 (03/08)

23 hours ago, Hexerin said:

What really needs to happen though, is that all guns have their damage cut to half (or even a quarter), and fire rates jacked up by double or triple across the board. Same amount of damage in a given time frame, but spread across significantly more bullets. This would resolve a current issue the game has, where slow firing weapons will miss shots simply because of the left/right movement that normal gunplay encourages (which makes faster firing weapons automatically superior for consistency).

that sounds awful, literally and figuratively

also running around with 90 round assault rifle mags and 50 round pistol mags is too goofy even for apb

• Like 2

2 hours ago, glaciers said:

that sounds awful, literally and figuratively

also running around with 90 round assault rifle mags and 50 round pistol mags is too goofy even for apb

Who said anything about increased magazine sizes?

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

common sense?

if you’re going to decrease damage and increase rof, then ammo count needs to be adjusted equivalently otherwise you’re just dumping a massive nerf on top of fundamentally altering gameplay

for example, at half damage/double rof almost every secondary requires ~90% accuracy or higher without increased magazine size

at quarter damage/triple rof all secondaries are too weak to kill in a single magazine

• Like 2

On 3/14/2023 at 2:54 AM, Hexerin said:

This ain't Twitter, but relevant in spirit:

955b82bcf5b622493564a6806178bfdc.jpg

You literally said to buff fire rates by 2 or 3 times across the board. If that doesn't sound like making an smg out of every gun then I don't know what does.

Merged.

On 3/14/2023 at 11:24 AM, glaciers said:

common sense?

if you’re going to decrease damage and increase rof, then ammo count needs to be adjusted equivalently otherwise you’re just dumping a massive nerf on top of fundamentally altering gameplay

for example, at half damage/double rof almost every secondary requires ~90% accuracy or higher without increased magazine size

at quarter damage/triple rof all secondaries are too weak to kill in a single magazine

Absolutely. Let's examine this on the 45. 5 shots to kill, 7 bullet mag size, 0.8s ttk
If you increase the fire rate by 2 times then you end up with 0.4s ttk
Now let's lower the damage in half to compensate so now you have 0.8s ttk with 10 shots to kill.
Now you wanted to slow down the ttk from what it is now so let's say that we will prolong the ttk to 1.0s.
Now we have a pistol needing about 12 shots to kill with a doubled fire rate and prolonged ttk but the mag size is only 7.
You have to pump nearly 2 full mags into someone now in order to kill them.
All this does is put more focus on tracking rather than killing and makes people into bullet sponges.
It additionally introduces insane expectations as people using semi autos will have to click 2 or 3 times as fast making semi autos completely obsolete compared to full auto guns.

years and yet here we are with nothing to show for it. You say you're grateful for our support, but what have you done to show us that? We've been waiting and waiting, and all we get is empty promises. It's time to put up or shut up. We want to see real progress, not just more empty words!" What about all the other issues that have been plaguing APB: Reloaded for years? What about the lack of content updates, the broken matchmaking system, and the lack of communication from the developers? It's been nearly a decade since we've had any meaningful content updates and yet you're talking about adding a new car and contacts? That's not going to cut it. We need real solutions to the problems that have been plaguing the game for years. We need more than just hosting upgrades and new cars. We need meaningful content updates, better matchmaking, and more communication from the developers. I'm extremely disappointed with the lack of progress on anti-griefing options and streamer mode. It's been a long-standing issue that has yet to be addressed, and it's really hurting the game. Streamers are a great way to bring in new players, but they're being harassed and embarrassed in front of their viewers. It's unacceptable. The events and holidays we've had in the past have been lackluster, and it's a shame that we haven't been able to iterate on them. We need to do better if we want to keep players engaged. The tutorial and FTUE are also in desperate need of an upgrade. Players are overwhelmed with information and don't know what to do. We need something interactive that teaches them the basics of the game. Integrating FairFight as a server-sided solution alongside EAC is a great idea, but I'm not sure why we're not publishing any individual public ban lists. Cheaters should be held accountable for their actions, and not glorified. Finally, I'm disappointed that we haven't been able to reintegrate Vivox yet. We need to backport the work from APB Reloaded 2.x to 1.30 so we can use the new hosting platform. This should have been done a long time ago. Thank you for the update on the roadmap. I'm glad to see that DirectX12 Rendering System, Xbox and Playstation Ports of 1.30, and Premium Revamp are all being considered as priorities. However, I would like to suggest that Player vs Environment (PVE) Missions and Physically Based Rendering Pipeline be given higher priority, as I think these features would add a lot of value to the game. Additionally, I would love to see horses or a cool motorbike featured in the game! I appreciate all the hard work that Matt Scott has put into APB: Reloaded and his travels in Europe. Thank you! Thank you for the update on the roadmap. I'm glad to see that DirectX12 Rendering System, Xbox and Playstation Ports of 1.30, and Premium Revamp are all being considered as priorities. However, I would like to suggest that Player vs Environment (PVE) Missions and Physically Based Rendering Pipeline be given higher priority, as I think these features would add a lot of value to the game. Additionally, I'd love to see horses or a cool motorbike featured in the game! I'm extremely disappointed with the lack of progress on anti-griefing options and streamer mode. It's been a long-standing issue that has yet to be addressed, and it's really hurting the game. Streamers are a great way to bring in new players, but they're being harassed and embarrassed in front of their viewers. We need more than just hosting upgrades and new cars. We need meaningful content updates, better matchmaking, and more communication from the developers. The tutorial and FTUE are also in desperate need of an upgrade. Integrating FairFight as a server-sided solution alongside EAC is a great idea, but I'm not sure why we're not publishing any individual public ban lists. Finally, I'm disappointed that we haven't been able to reintegrate Vivox yet. I appreciate all the hard work that Matt Scott has put into APB: Reloaded and his travels in Europe. We've been waiting and waiting, and all we get is empty promises. It's time to put up or shut up. We want to see real progress, not just more empty words!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, proxie said:

years and yet here we are with nothing to show for it. You say you're grateful for our support, but what have you done to show us that? We've been waiting and waiting, and all we get is empty promises. It's time to put up or shut up. We want to see real progress, not just more empty words!" What about all the other issues that have been plaguing APB: Reloaded for years? What about the lack of content updates, the broken matchmaking system, and the lack of communication from the developers? It's been nearly a decade since we've had any meaningful content updates and yet you're talking about adding a new car and contacts? That's not going to cut it. We need real solutions to the problems that have been plaguing the game for years. We need more than just hosting upgrades and new cars. We need meaningful content updates, better matchmaking, and more communication from the developers. I'm extremely disappointed with the lack of progress on anti-griefing options and streamer mode. It's been a long-standing issue that has yet to be addressed, and it's really hurting the game. Streamers are a great way to bring in new players, but they're being harassed and embarrassed in front of their viewers. It's unacceptable. The events and holidays we've had in the past have been lackluster, and it's a shame that we haven't been able to iterate on them. We need to do better if we want to keep players engaged. The tutorial and FTUE are also in desperate need of an upgrade. Players are overwhelmed with information and don't know what to do. We need something interactive that teaches them the basics of the game. Integrating FairFight as a server-sided solution alongside EAC is a great idea, but I'm not sure why we're not publishing any individual public ban lists. Cheaters should be held accountable for their actions, and not glorified. Finally, I'm disappointed that we haven't been able to reintegrate Vivox yet. We need to backport the work from APB Reloaded 2.x to 1.30 so we can use the new hosting platform. This should have been done a long time ago. Thank you for the update on the roadmap. I'm glad to see that DirectX12 Rendering System, Xbox and Playstation Ports of 1.30, and Premium Revamp are all being considered as priorities. However, I would like to suggest that Player vs Environment (PVE) Missions and Physically Based Rendering Pipeline be given higher priority, as I think these features would add a lot of value to the game. Additionally, I would love to see horses or a cool motorbike featured in the game! I appreciate all the hard work that Matt Scott has put into APB: Reloaded and his travels in Europe. Thank you! Thank you for the update on the roadmap. I'm glad to see that DirectX12 Rendering System, Xbox and Playstation Ports of 1.30, and Premium Revamp are all being considered as priorities. However, I would like to suggest that Player vs Environment (PVE) Missions and Physically Based Rendering Pipeline be given higher priority, as I think these features would add a lot of value to the game. Additionally, I'd love to see horses or a cool motorbike featured in the game! I'm extremely disappointed with the lack of progress on anti-griefing options and streamer mode. It's been a long-standing issue that has yet to be addressed, and it's really hurting the game. Streamers are a great way to bring in new players, but they're being harassed and embarrassed in front of their viewers. We need more than just hosting upgrades and new cars. We need meaningful content updates, better matchmaking, and more communication from the developers. The tutorial and FTUE are also in desperate need of an upgrade. Integrating FairFight as a server-sided solution alongside EAC is a great idea, but I'm not sure why we're not publishing any individual public ban lists. Finally, I'm disappointed that we haven't been able to reintegrate Vivox yet. I appreciate all the hard work that Matt Scott has put into APB: Reloaded and his travels in Europe. We've been waiting and waiting, and all we get is empty promises. It's time to put up or shut up. We want to see real progress, not just more empty words!

stroke-brain.gif

• Like 2

On 3/13/2023 at 7:54 AM, Hexerin said:

Nah, we need the strongest guns to be nerfed so that overall TTK goes higher.

What really needs to happen though, is that all guns have their damage cut to half (or even a quarter), and fire rates jacked up by double or triple across the board. Same amount of damage in a given time frame, but spread across significantly more bullets. This would resolve a current issue the game has, where slow firing weapons will miss shots simply because of the left/right movement that normal gunplay encourages (which makes faster firing weapons automatically superior for consistency).

What really needs to happen is a filter where those who have no clue to what they are suggesting (such as yourself) to not be allowed to speak.

8 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Ok, shots to kill on an NTEC goes from 6 to 12 with doubled rate of fire. Or maybe 18 with tripled rate of fire. You sure about retaining the 32 shot magazine after that? And that's one of the best cases.

Half the damage from the OCA-EW and you have less than 2 kills per standard 30 bullet mag. Or zero kills per mag if we take your suggestion of cutting damage in a quarter at face value (bumping the OCA to 32 stk).

You didn't think this out, did you?

Edited by MrChan

Finally. After 9+ years APB is seeing progress. Hopefully this will continue on and hopefully some events that havent been rotated in a number of years are rotated in. Like the orig Anarchy event hasnt been run in well over 5 yrs and it has steam achievements to it. Which is another question. Will LO be working to fix the achievements so they show correctly in steam and add more to steam so players have more to work towards? Afew examples

Threat achievements. Getting silver and gold gets you achievements on steam.
Weapon role achievements, Weapon role leveling for the vets is a big thing and having them on steam would be a bigger reward for sticking to a weapon class for awhile. As It currently sits you dont get anything as a reward untill you max out a role, in which you get the chrome skin. Every 5 lvls and max (16) would be something to fill the gap.

So PVE modes are coming?

Any word on a new map/environment changes? 

two maps are pretty bored for the past idk what 12 years lol.

On 3/14/2023 at 9:25 AM, MrChan said:

Ok, shots to kill on an NTEC goes from 6 to 12 with doubled rate of fire. Or maybe 18 with tripled rate of fire. You sure about retaining the 32 shot magazine after that? And that's one of the best cases.

Half the damage from the OCA-EW and you have less than 2 kills per standard 30 bullet mag. Or zero kills per mag if we take your suggestion of cutting damage in a quarter at face value (bumping the OCA to 32 stk).

You didn't think this out, did you?

You realize fire rate and shots to kill/damage are two different values that are not related?  You can increase a weapons rate of fire and still have it be 5 or 6 STK.  The only thing that changes is a weapons time to kill and some of its behavior.

have 2 questions(was 3 but forget the 3rd)

1st is about the 50+ people from LO workin on some huge project(mention from Matt in AMA)They will be coming back soon?and how many of them can be added to apb workteam

the 2nd is about the in game live ads(best buy/doritos etc from 2.1 beta)Now when the game is on 64 bit this ads can be done again?Like i know is not important for players but i think was cool to see actual stuff from real life in the game

edit:yea i remember the 3rd.This game StoneHold(the moba/card game)was removed from G1 website(why)

Edited by TheMessiah

17 hours ago, SkittyM said:

You realize fire rate and shots to kill/damage are two different values that are not related?  You can increase a weapons rate of fire and still have it be 5 or 6 STK.  The only thing that changes is a weapons time to kill and some of its behavior.

Sigh... the conversation thread starts with this comment from Hexerin:

"What really needs to happen though, is that all guns have their damage cut to half (or even a quarter), and fire rates jacked up by double or triple across the board. Same amount of damage in a given time frame, but spread across significantly more bullets."

Pretty unequivocal what's going to happen there, like.

Edited by MrChan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MrChan said:

Sigh... the conversation thread starts with this comment from Hexerin:

"What really needs to happen though, is that all guns have their damage cut to half (or even a quarter), and fire rates jacked up by double or triple across the board. Same amount of damage in a given time frame, but spread across significantly more bullets."

Pretty unequivocal what's going to happen there, like.

Oh, yeah.  Your first mistake was responding to hexerin, ngl.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, SkittyM said:

Oh, yeah.  Your first mistake was responding to hexerin, ngl.

Don't disagree there. But sometimes people are so blatantly wrong, ya just can't help it.

On 3/11/2023 at 12:23 AM, Hexerin said:

Then you haven't been around for several years. Some years prior to the LO takeover, old G1/RG shifted the threat math so that most of the threat range would gravitate towards gold. This was done in the hopes that matchmaking would have an easier time getting matches put together (due to the hemorrhaging population).

They also massively lifted the matchmaker's restrictions, so that it would expand the search parameters at a much faster rate. This is why we see so often these days matches which are a team of full golds vs a team of mixed silver and bronze, with both sides have equal numbers (4 golds vs 4 silvers, 4 golds vs 2 silvers and 3 bronzes, etc).

It would be extremely easy for LO to revert these changes, and the matchmaking in the current game environment would MASSIVELY improve basically overnight. However, they very clearly don't actually care to make any changes that would help the playerbase in the short term.

That is news to me, indeed. Beyond the introduction of the score system, the only "shifts" I remember G1 applying to threat was moving everyone down a couple notches to improve the situation, primarily because the community felt like too many people were moving towards Gold. That didn't work out because the threat system did self-correct. So they did it again a year or so later. And then, iirc, a third time just before LO took over.

On 3/13/2023 at 9:21 PM, ninjarrrr said:

Dooger.webp

the new car got leaked

78vtj.jpg?a466224

When?When?When?

Please, any crumb of old content would be nice.

24 minutes ago, MrChan said:

u ok mate

not at all, B.E. kicked me, some hackers don't like me in district which seems to be empty. so they doing it to everyone.

N they gonna pay now, n i dont mean im coming with the cement truck. no im gonna kill em

Being kicked by Battleye?

How could that be? You must be cheating.

Social district on EU servers:

There are several ChuckyAIxN characters (N = 1 through 😎 standing in line, almost all of the same rank/threat, and exactly the same costume with regards to the Chucky the killer's outfit.

PvE stuff already introduced or mass troll?

tROOfqu9ccgM.png?o=1

Edited by Ch1ck

1 hour ago, MrChan said:

You must be cheating.

B E has nothing to do with cheats n aim hax, its for dds protection.

but if you wanna join with the enemy hax n bash the Mack then so be it chan.

Had thought u were a cool one, guess i was wrong