Sign in to follow this  
a Pair of Socks

Why are Districts Crashing so Often?

They only crash when I have good hit registration. Then when they come back up the hitreg is so bad it's not worth playing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlatMan said:

They only crash when I have good hit registration. Then when they come back up the hitreg is so bad it's not worth playing.

lmao IKR?

Financial US East just crashed. There was no lag, desync, or any other signs of server issues prior to the crash.

Are these actual crashes? DDoS? It doesn't make sense for the servers to spontaneously crash when they're running good, but don't crash when they're running poorly.

They're aware of it but haven't had any sort of good leads on the issue, if anyone starts to realize some sort of pattern related to the crashes it'd be best to let them know.

2bcba66c8be5cf4df0aba30a6f2006c8.png

The only pattern I've seen is, it only crashes when the district is not experiencing any excessive lag or desync. Could it be a similar to the sliding bug that happens when your client's fps is too stable? Way back in G1 days the vehicle physics would bug out. G1 lowered the tickrate to 25tps to prevent it from happening.

On 3/19/2023 at 6:06 AM, BlatMan said:

The only pattern I've seen is, it only crashes when the district is not experiencing any excessive lag or desync. Could it be a similar to the sliding bug that happens when your client's fps is too stable? Way back in G1 days the vehicle physics would bug out. G1 lowered the tickrate to 25tps to prevent it from happening.

That's not true the tickrate has always been sub 30 tick(it fluctuates) and the vehicle physics bugging out was caused by either vehicle accl or vehicle top speed values being changed/bugged.

3 hours ago, MonkaS said:

That's not true the tickrate has always been sub 30 tick(it fluctuates) and the vehicle physics bugging out was caused by either vehicle accl or vehicle top speed values being changed/bugged.

I remember it being due to the high server tickrate, but I can't search the old forums to find that post. The servers were set to 25 tps for a long time. I forget if it was G1 or LO who increased it.

Edited by BlatMan

1 hour ago, BlatMan said:

I remember it being due to the high server tickrate, but I can't search the old forums to find that post. The servers were set to 25 tps for a long time. I forget if it was G1 or LO who increased it.

very early g1 had high server fps for like a week, ambulances were doing backflips and moirais were wheelieing uncontrollably 

Edited by glaciers
typo

1 hour ago, glaciers said:

very early g1 had high server fps for like a week, ambulances were doing backflips and moirais were wheelieing uncontrollably 

nope they fucked up the vehicle stats like I said; ignore my join date I've been playing since rtw retail and was in the second wave of the reloaded closed beta back when they only had colby as a server.

Edited by MonkaS