You do realise new players will not stay as vets are stomping them. I don't want to see this game go under 400 players again.

Add matchmaking ASAP.

Edited by Berkshire
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

The game has matchmaking though?

How do you think it matches people together to make games.

• Like 1

Please put more of these new players on my team instead of these useless max rank silvers. The new players stick by you when you push. They shoot who you shoot at. They sneak past enemies and grab the objectives. The max rank silvers and low golds run in solo and die. Then they complain in chat instead of playing out the mission.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Let's Lighing candles and Waiting for the 1.2,3 Get Gud spam c*cky surprise/ies spamming

INCOMING  👇

On 3/4/2023 at 9:45 PM, Berkshire said:

You do realise new players will not stay as vets are stomping them. I don't want to see this game go under 400 players again.

Add matchmaking ASAP.

I told they when the had the MAGNIFIC IDEA to delete the old machmaking (bronce-silvers-golds) since that I stoped to play my favourite game CAUSE IS UNPLAYABLE

Merged.

On 3/4/2023 at 11:11 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Since the update bronces play against golds U N P L A Y A B L E

• Like 1

The matchmaking is TRASH cause doesn´t exist, people with 100h vs people who have 5000h unplayable totally unfair

• Like 1

Yeah it sucks. It always sucked. Game puts 1 gold against 1 silver and calls it good enough. Had countless matches where 2 golds + 2 silvers vs 4 golds  with no backup. MM should always do 1 gold = 2 silvers and ability to call in backup otherwise. Those players are silver for a reason, they either don't have enough experience because they don't play enough or are limited by their older PCs.

• Like 3

Not gonna lie, all the 1.30 patch notes and recent updates finally made me install this game again from excitement

Played it for an hour and only got matched against gold squads with what I assume are meta guns.

I got absolutely battered and didn't match against a single bronze or silver (im silver)

Such a shame, I've turned it off for now to read up on meta guns and may just wait till they add some form of elo/skill based match making cause currently its just a stomping ground and I didn't get any enjoyment

7 minutes ago, Bradley1928 said:

they add some form of elo/skill based match making

What do you think the gold/silver/bronze/green is?

7 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Its meant to be used for match making but its clearly not. 1 hour and about 15 in game matches and not a single game where it was "fair" regarding the gold/silver/bronze/green you speak of

4 minutes ago, Bradley1928 said:

Its meant to be used for match making but its clearly not. 1 hour and about 15 in game matches and not a single game where it was "fair" regarding the gold/silver/bronze/green you speak of

It is used. Just the choices of pool to pick from in the matchmaking is so small that it can seem like it does not.

On 3/8/2023 at 9:33 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

It is used. Just the choices of pool to pick from in the matchmaking is so small that it can seem like it does not.

Thats all fine and dandy and I can see you wish to defend the system but clearly its not working and this will drive new players away and the game will never grow a new playerbase.

If you agree there is a system in place but its not working then there isn't really a 'working' system is there.

Merged.

And I should add I don't thin ranking peoples skill into 3 groups is healthy nor realistic of the difference in skill.

I have no idea what system the bronze/silver/gold uses but if its 0-33% 34-66% 67-99% win rate then someone at the top of gold vs bottom gold is a huge gap.

There is a reason games use 10-15 "ranks" or a elo between 1-1000 for matchmaking

19 minutes ago, Bradley1928 said:

Thats all fine and dandy and I can see you wish to defend the system but clearly its not working and this will drive new players away and the game will never grow a new playerbase.

If you agree there is a system in place but its not working then there isn't really a 'working' system is there.

11 minutes ago, Bradley1928 said:

And I should add I don't thin ranking peoples skill into 3 groups is healthy nor realistic of the difference in skill.

I have no idea what system the bronze/silver/gold uses but if its 0-33% 34-66% 67-99% win rate then someone at the top of gold vs bottom gold is a huge gap.

There is a reason games use 10-15 "ranks" or a elo between 1-1000 for matchmaking

Every other game that you don't have a problem with matchmaking in uses a similar system to what APB does. Most games do. Almost every game uses some kind of elo or skill rating system and in the case of APB it is called Glicko. The 'elo' rating is working fine. It is just that the system only has like 10 people to choose from to match you against. So it is the district/population that is not working.

The colour rating is just a visual indicator of a broad range. Behind that colour is still some number like 788 or 1566 that the system uses. It uses your score as an indicator of whether to move you about after the match.

Hi!

I started playing again. I am sad. Absolutely no matchmaking system.... Bronze and Silver players are completely sucked in yourselves. 
Why can't reopen the silver and bronze disctrict? I can't believe the game's server is so overloaded. We are talking about a 13-year-old game. 

So, dear LittleOrbit. This matchmaking system TRASH! This is no way to enjoy the game.

Merged.

Y2MWzOR.png

Totally Silver team. 

Rf3a6lX.png

Here full clan P2W weapons. I hope this makes it clear.

• Thanks 1

Told em.Game needs new mode for finan/waterf.This mission system with current pop and threat seg cant be fun.50 vs 50 mode and the game will have more players and LO may start gettin more money.But nobody to listen..

Edited by TheMessiah

Remove \abaondonmission. Its only used by players to abuse matchmaking.

Matchmake premades vs premades, if backup is needed they can dip into the Players ungrouped players.

Matchmake Players Ungrouped vs Players Ungrouped.

4 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

Remove \abaondonmission. Its only used by players to abuse matchmaking.

many golds will start quitin cause dont want to play with lower threats

Matchmake premades vs premades, if backup is needed they can dip into the Players ungrouped players.

may take way longer to get into match

Matchmake Players Ungrouped vs Players Ungrouped.

again may take too long and mostly u gonna get in 1vs1 matches

Anyway another easy thing to try is hiding threat.Just blue rank for enf and red rank for crims.Good idea to also disable the message on screen when u change threat so with the time the arogance in some people head will calm down.Still some players threat are known by their names but at least the toxicity will be reduced

BqnXjZc.png

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 4

On 3/9/2023 at 5:13 PM, TheMessiah said:

many golds will start quitin cause dont want to play with lower threats

thats ok, thats just a cancerous player and is essentially the reason for the games population. So good riddance. We need to start looking at growing the playerbase and keeping a playerbase. Cancer needs to go in order to do so. 

On 3/9/2023 at 5:13 PM, TheMessiah said:

again may take too long and mostly u gonna get in 1vs1 matches

This is all new players get lumbered whith because of the /abandonmission.

On 3/8/2023 at 5:42 PM, Ririn said:

Hi!

I started playing again. I am sad. Absolutely no matchmaking system.... Bronze and Silver players are completely sucked in yourselves. 
Why can't reopen the silver and bronze disctrict? I can't believe the game's server is so overloaded. We are talking about a 13-year-old game. 

So, dear LittleOrbit. This matchmaking system TRASH! This is no way to enjoy the game.

Merged.

Here full clan P2W weapons. I hope this makes it clear.

The issue is the system didn't take into consideration that you took a long break and you're playing significantly worse than you used to. The 'Medusa' is not P2W. It's the worst version of the AMG-556. That purple mod makes it have more recoil when you first start firing. You're better off getting the Joker Ticket version.

On 3/8/2023 at 12:20 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Something that is completely ignored by the matchmaking system, because it is currently designed to just throw people together as quickly as possible with zero consideration.

I hope that the matchmaking system of players from different districts will be added as soon as possible (with similar threat teams

I watch newbies - it hurts sometimes. They try so hard. Too bad chat is sometimes toxic to them.
One asked, why he is bronze (and his teammates silver) three times meet gold and high-ranking players. The enemy killing with a pistol very quickly, flexed right-left and it was very difficult to hit.

Another player (I later saw that he was high-ranked and gold, and therefore must interested in good online) rudely advised him not to whine and give in to his mother, because he is "a "noob" and he should leave the game forever, and to play Tetris".
I gave him a bunch of good advice and told him a few things about game mechanics. I hope he stays a little longer.

This is how APB Matchmaking works...

You have 8 players.

4 top players will only team with each other (because they will only team with each other, the pool of players is 4 making all matches unfair and 1 sided)

4 bottom players will team with anybody. (because they will team with anbody, this means there is a pool of 8 players to choose from and you can actually have fair match making involving everybody)

The result

4 top players stomp 4 bottom players over and over again , 3 bottom players leave and play another game.

Top players cry that there is nobody to play.

Anybody will tell you that the broken part of the matchmaking is the 4 top players who will only team with each other.

Anybody who would tell you otherwise dont want to team with other players.

9 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

This is how APB Matchmaking works...

You have 8 players.

4 top players will only team with each other (because they will only team with each other, the pool of players is 4 making all matches unfair and 1 sided)

4 bottom players will team with anybody. (because they will team with anbody, this means there is a pool of 8 players to choose from and you can actually have fair match making involving everybody)

The result

4 top players stomp 4 bottom players over and over again , 3 bottom players leave and play another game.

Top players cry that there is nobody to play.

Anybody will tell you that the broken part of the matchmaking is the 4 top players who will only team with each other.

Anybody who would tell you otherwise dont want to team with other players.

Sorry if I’ve misunderstood, but are you advocating for the removal of grouping? Or only grouping for top players? I’m just trying to understand.

• Like 1