Ketog

🔎🚀 Count on me to be on the starting line!

👋 Hello everyone, just thought i'd be the first post on this forum, count on me to be one of the earliest STFU players!

I've long been looking for a 6DOF game i can hook on, and STFU Seems like the one!

What other games are you guys coming from ?

Edited by Ketog

What a fantastic surprise to get today's update. I can't wait to see the newest state of the game! 

I kickstarted D:U so long ago just for the chance of playing a modern version of one of my favourite games, but I honestly wasn't expecting anything after all the drama. But now, there is hope!

Same - this was out of sight, out of mind - always held out hope. STOKED to see progress!

STFU indeed! Woohoo!

• Like 1

I thought I was out of the LARGE donation I made. Let's hope I get all the stuff I was promised!

Yeah, i'm entirely disinterested now. All the drama, the loss of the Descent IP rights..too much.

The email says we'll get the game we backed. That's literally impossible. I backed a Descent game, that's not what's going to be delivered. And then for LO to tell us we can't get a refund? That's utter crap. I backed a Descent game, i don't want whatever this is. I'd love to have my money back, though.

I'll be honest, I backed that campaign then completely forgot about it. Didn't even know about all the noise over it these past 6 years. Pleasantly surprised with the email I saw today. Looking forward to trying the game out when it's ready. I guess my only question is how do I go about making sure I can redeem it? I suppose that's an answer to come a bit more down the road.

I remember backing this Kickstarter right after "Wingman" left Star Citizen, thinking this was gonna be the next hotness. (It's also my largest Kickstart by $$ value, so glad to see it may yet be a game some day.)

Just read the email a few minutes ago and was pleasantly surprised. More power to everyone. Can't wait!

It was me.  I just retired (yeah, I'm old), and started to wonder about that Descent thing I spent money on.  Well, in moving to a new Password Manager, I found the Kickstarter, and signed in for the first time in years, and now there's an announcement, about a week after I signed in.

You're welcome. ;-)

Now I'm just hoping that there will be a way to play this on a Linux box.  I don't have anything running Windows, other than a 10-year-old laptop that belonged to my dad.

I was surprised as I got the mail about the update, glad to see STFU will be ready soon. :classic_smile:

I'm playing a lot of different games, also Star Citizen from time to time (I enjoyed the old Wing Commander games long time ago).

I am in as long as they promise to support MacOS like the original team did. (That is why I pledged in the first place).

Was certain this thing was dead (sadly) but noone is happier than me that it's still alive (albeit under a new name).

Looking forward to playing some sweet 6DoF soon !!!

// DrAngst

On 3/20/2023 at 5:43 PM, Gofr said:

I'll be honest, I backed that campaign then completely forgot about it. Didn't even know about all the noise over it these past 6 years. Pleasantly surprised with the email I saw today. Looking forward to trying the game out when it's ready. I guess my only question is how do I go about making sure I can redeem it? I suppose that's an answer to come a bit more down the road.

Hey there, we are working through connecting email accounts/backer numbers/and their backer tiers now. We will make sure that everyone is included and there will also be plenty of time for backers to redeem their items in game. 

On 3/22/2023 at 12:32 PM, The_Alchemist said:

Hey there, we are working through connecting email accounts/backer numbers/and their backer tiers now. We will make sure that everyone is included and there will also be plenty of time for backers to redeem their items in game. 

So, I'm a backer, checking in here to see how that's going six months in. Haven't heard anything from Little Orbit since the March announcement. Is this forum even still alive or what?