Yapopal

Useless polishing of the chessboard.

I will create another topic to attract attention. Why do you think the game is not so popular? The game has a ten-year history, unique features, official servers has 300-700 people online. You say there are a lot of cheaters here, the game is lagging, come up with your own version. I think the game has always had one problem. Damn machemaking! Oh, yes, now they will write that LO is busy updating the engine so that the game would lag less, there was a new anti-cheat, new contacts. Yes, it will not help! All these attempts will cause an online surge for a month. New players are not interested in anti-cheat, engine, contacts. You don't think about these things when you download a new game. New players come into the game and see that the game sucks! Why? It's simple. All games have rules. This is the basis of the game. In the APB, the rules are about the same as in the chess game of a kindergarten student and Garry Kasparov. Only Kasparov has three queens and ten kings, and the kindergarten student has one pawn. Who would like to play by such rules? Nobody!
Polish the chessboard to a mirror shine. Cover it with gold. Send an advertising banner to near-Earth orbit! It won't help you! I will attach two screenshots from the game. This is a table of players from one mission, in a FULL district. There is no help! The button is blocked. This is just a perfect example of the unpopularity of the game. I created a new character and took the equipment that is most unsuitable to the usual one. I felt like a beginner. There is no normal car, weapons, modifiers, consumables, grenades. I felt like a useless piece of meat. A newcomer who has shown interest will spend it quickly. The game contributes to this in every possible way by shoving jalapeno pepper in the patootie! 
Machemaking is the reason for messages about cheaters, and complaints on the forum that cheaters are not banned. Machemaking is the reason for discontent in the stability of the game. Why? Yes, because no one tells beginners that you can shoot with the mouse wheel. No one says that Ursus and NTEK are buggy guns. Beginners think that in front of them is a cheater based on their experiences from other games. No one tells them that the APB has features.
At the moment, the fight of two silver players and one gold is the norm. But the Silver Team consists of two different people making different decisions. You can equalize forces if you work together, but this will not work with beginners, that is, 2 silver is not equal to 1 gold. The golden player is rooted in this game, and two silvers will leave and write a negative review.
300 people constantly supporting online are such golden entrenched players. There are silver ones among them, but someone needs to be silver. Someone has to lose. 
The update attracts new players. they run into veterans because of nasty matchmaking and walk away.

It is necessary to divide the districts. As it was before. Divide the districts into 8 danger levels. Not by 4, as it was before. Do not restrict movement between districts. Assign substantial fines  for entering an area with a low threat level. Assign rewards to players for entering an area with a high level of threats. To restrain strong players by assigning them a star of the fifth level of danger for a few minutes and not disappearing even after death. I will emphasize that a player cannot get the fifth level of danger with an equivalent opponent. Start interacting with the player with the fifth level of danger only after pressing ALT, as in the robbery mission. Stop interacting with your death.
Unlock the exit button of the mission with the enemy. Assign penalty medals to the player after pressing this button. Kick a player if he has received 5 medals in 30 minutes.

bpod930d69dc68da55ad.png

Edited by Yapopal
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

As an ex-sweaty gamer myself, I agree. Gold doesn't equal anything else but GOLD, and yet, 9/10 missions, the opposition looks exactly like your screenshots.

• Like 2

mm cant be fixed unless we have a healthy population

?_? like u said there are 400 ppl online what do u expect

4 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

Can be very easily fixed, but LO just refuses to do so.

5 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

It's not about the number of players. You have four pots on the stove, you want to cook compote, pasta, soup, and oatmeal with milk. Instead of following a recipe, you mix all the ingredients together in these pots. Will it taste good? Yes, the pigs will love it.

Players must be separated. Otherwise it won't work. Interdistrict matchmaking will turn APB into GTA online.

Edited by Yapopal

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Don't have enough population to be so heavily dividing people.

There is no point in waiting for an increase in population. Because this moment won't happen. And they won't, because the kindergartners don't want to play shitty chess with Kasparov. We need to change the rules of the game now. Until the new big patch comes out. This will save the population after the patch.

Edited by Yapopal

15 hours ago, Yapopal said:

It is necessary to divide the districts. As it was before.

This is dangerous O.O

I don't want something like that. I'm silver.

The community has already given very interesting ideas on this subject (matchmaking).

For example, in a post i made, i rambled a lot, i was just fed up with this matchmaking subject so i decided to "contribute" in some way, even though i rambled a lot. So in this post there was an interesting comment, it was this:

Not to mention the numerous publications that exist on this subject here within the forum. So i suppose there are also many interesting ideas that just need to be applied by L.O.

And that's exactly it, ideas need to be applied, otherwise they would just be ideas. And L.O is wasting very interesting ideas from the community.

13 minutes ago, MrLek said:

This is dangerous O.O

I don't want something like that. I'm silver.

The community has already given very interesting ideas on this subject (matchmaking).

For example, in a post i made, i rambled a lot, i was just fed up with this matchmaking subject so i decided to "contribute" in some way, even though i rambled a lot. So in this post there was an interesting comment, it was this:

Not to mention the numerous publications that exist on this subject here within the forum. So i suppose there are also many interesting ideas that just need to be applied by L.O.

And that's exactly it, ideas need to be applied, otherwise they would just be ideas. And L.O is wasting very interesting ideas from the community.

Why do you think the division of districts is something bad and dangerous?

The 2 systems described above involve waiting, and also do not guarantee that the mission will even begin. If you purposefully seat players in areas corresponding to their skills, there will be no need for these systems.

Edited by Yapopal

39 minutes ago, Yapopal said:

There is no point in waiting for an increase in population. Because this moment won't happen. And they won't, because the kindergartners don't want to play shitty chess with Kasparov. We need to change the rules of the game now. Until the new big patch comes out. This will save the population after the patch.

The population won't grow if players can't get matches and it won't grow if players get nothing but bad matches.  The matchmaking needs to be made better as they advertise for the game.  The other thing they need, especially in today's gaming landscape, is that instancing thing they've been talking about.  If they can get that working then matchmaking will be better even at lower population because it can pull from the entire game.  They also need to implement an mmr system.

7 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Can be very easily fixed, but LO just refuses to do so.

oh fuck not you again.

Yes, it can be easily fucking fixed but the population is not there to sustain it. We need more content before you can think about molesting MM.

6 hours ago, Yapopal said:

It's not about the number of players. You have four pots on the stove, you want to cook compote, pasta, soup, and oatmeal with milk. Instead of following a recipe, you mix all the ingredients together in these pots. Will it taste good? Yes, the pigs will love it.

Players must be separated. Otherwise it won't work. Interdistrict matchmaking will turn APB into GTA online.

no you just dont get the issue.

OF COURSE MM NEEDS TO BE FIXED. NOW IS NOT THE TIME. GREEN THRU GOLD SUCKS. GREEN 1-5, BRONZE 1-10, SILVER 1-10, GOLD 1-5 (OR 10) would be great if we had actual population to sustain it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, iRawwwN said:

oh fuck not you again.

Yes, it can be easily fucking fixed but the population is not there to sustain it. We need more content before you can think about molesting MM.

no you just dont get the issue.

OF COURSE MM NEEDS TO BE FIXED. NOW IS NOT THE TIME. GREEN THRU GOLD SUCKS. GREEN 1-5, BRONZE 1-10, SILVER 1-10, GOLD 1-5 (OR 10) would be great if we had actual population to sustain it.

When do you think the time will come for a change in matchmaking? How to change the matchmaking so that the population increases?

17 minutes ago, Yapopal said:

Why do you think the division of districts is something bad and dangerous?

Simple: It didn't work so they took it out.

We're not talking about something punitive like an anti cheat, the easy anti cheat will come back but that's a totally different subject of matchmaking, it doesn't mean that the easy anti cheat didn't work.

We are talking about a game dynamic, which is much broader and is not restricted to cheaters, but to ALL players.

So about that, in my opinion, L.O should optimize matchmaking very carefully, without major drastic changes, slowly, and slowly, until it reaches perfection.

Bearing in mind that this is a very broad subject.

1 minute ago, Yapopal said:

When do you think the time will come for a change in matchmaking? How to change the matchmaking so that the population increases?

? You don't change the MM so that the population increases... You add content for the game to make it not the same fucking game as the past 8 years so that players have a REASON to come back. Then after you work on content THAT IS WHEN YOU TOUCH MM. Maybe both get released at the same time but YOU CANNOT FIX MM WITH 400 ACTIVE PLAYERS. STOP BEING DUMB ABOUT IT.

3 minutes ago, iRawwwN said:

? You don't change the MM so that the population increases... You add content for the game to make it not the same fucking game as the past 8 years so that players have a REASON to come back. Then after you work on content THAT IS WHEN YOU TOUCH MM. Maybe both get released at the same time but YOU CANNOT FIX MM WITH 400 ACTIVE PLAYERS. STOP BEING DUMB ABOUT IT.

The new patch will increase the population for a while. But there will be a huge hole. Why not close it up now?

6 minutes ago, Yapopal said:

The new patch will increase the population for a while. But there will be a huge hole. Why not close it up now?

you just dont get it do you?

22 minutes ago, iRawwwN said:

you just dont get it do you?

This thread is dedicated to explaining the reason why completely new players who are not familiar with the game do not stay in it. The first post explains why this is happening. Let LO release 10 patches with new content. It won't change the shitty rules that ruin the game.

20 minutes ago, Yapopal said:

This thread is dedicated to explaining the reason why completely new players who are not familiar with the game do not stay in it. The first post explains why this is happening. Let LO release 10 patches with new content. It won't change the shitty rules that ruin the game.

thanks bro i bet LO didnt know a single issue about MM until your thread. you're right my guy my bad

The short answer to that is not playing the game rn,it is not worth it, if you aren't a gold with a premade ,you are basically cannon fodder.

If you are a "fake" gold,a silver or a bronze,golds want to play against you, not with you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

honestly a gold only district would be good. The game will balance itself out. People who are good stay gold and the normal people will move to silver/bronze districts. Its tiresome to que solo and then get 3 beginners/silver people who don't know how to play against 3-4 premade vets. 

They just need to change the calculations because, some stay in-between gold and silver. Maybe some change in the code that makes it harder to rank up back to gold.

Edited by Gateron

Another idea for current play on the big maps.Keep current mission system-ok but also give us alternative districts to play on finan/waterf

Simple: 50 vs 50 TDM.One mission for 15 minutes.Wins the faction with more kills(arrest)Easy to make,system that already exist in current game,more fair and fun.Explain..

i8WzEYS.jpg

1.When ur in the district u get in the mission only when press K

2.Better performance overall-only one mission running on the entire district

3.More balanced gameplay-both factions have good players

4.Freedom to move wherever u want and choose whatever gun u want-no more camping spots and limited gameplay

5.Better new player experience and understanding-when u start the mission and everything is clear

Some cons u may ask about new/low rank players and the possibility to get farmed because of the fact their name and location is exposed.Is not that easy.Even if some players start with such intensions-is not that easy to cruisin town even with tank vehicle/4 group squad-when u get shot from various directions.Plus new/low rank players can stick to golds and thats how even get kills on higher skilled opponents which is almost impossibe in current mission system

• Like 1

The game has been frankensteined too much over it's lifetime. I, for one, hope this game, or at least it's unique genre of gameplay, outlives its' ownership by LO and co. and moves into the next territory of gaming.

At this point you can't say the developers haven't tried everything. Hell, even I had a spat with Revoemag over the negligence of what the community wants (i.e. APB Vendetta), but to be fair, I think what we all wanted was just a giant spotlight on our game so it could finally be completed. I'm going to give the game one last season of Gurren for my own personal interest and hopefully end on a level of satisfaction that ensures closure.

Take care, 

-G23

There's no simple solution to the issues players are facing right now, you either have 5 playable mission districts (on EU) which keeps the game playable at all times but has matchmaking issues or you turn threat segregation back on which then makes NA less playable at all times for Gold players as well as reintroducing the issue of dethreating which then causes frustrations for the players playing against dethreaters getting a boring missions as well as the players on the dethreaters team since they are now getting actively griefed and are playing a mission one man down.

I don't know if there are any plans to bring back threat segregation but I can see why they would not want to bring it back and create extra work which would then delay the actual solution for matchmaking issues which is Phasing, something Matt has talked about a lot and is now possible thanks to the 64Bit update. Phasing for those that aren't familiar with it allows for cross-district matchmaking meaning that all financial instances are connected and the system may now match players from Financial 1 against players on Financial 3, one of the groups will then seamlessly (no loading screen) be phased over to the district of their opponents where the match will take place.

Right now the matchmaking system is simply crippled by the fact that there's only 50 players to match against, some of which may be afk or not ready, ram raiding, in an existing mission, too high of a threat to be considered for an even match, in a group bigger / smaller than your current group etc. There's SO many factors that play into matchmaking that if they were enforced any stricter than they currently are players would find themselves not getting opp at all or at least waiting for opp a long time, because Phasing expands the pool beyond 50 players they can then work on a system that enforces stricter matchmaking rules the more players are online meaning that around peak times you shouldn't feel like you're constantly getting put into poorly match made missions which should then hopefully also make it so players don't feel like they're forced to dethreat just to increase the likely hood of getting "fair" missions.

APB is over a decade old, some systems simply don't work as initially intended anymore as well as the top players exceeding levels of skill RTW / G1 never thought possible and therefore didn't account for, I don't enjoy playing against silvers either but for the time being even if its not the best experience it is simply down to the fact that the game is in dire need of updates to its core systems and LO can now actually get those updates into the game and I would expect Matt to talk more about the things they have planned in his upcoming roadmap which he will hopefully post soon.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

You add content for the game

Hate to break it to you, but the devs view new content as "low hanging fruit not worth working on" (direct quote from a dev that was holding Q&A in the mission districts the other day), so don't hold your breath on any being added.