a Pair of Socks

Why does LO Hate the Thumper?

On 3/6/2023 at 7:04 PM, Noob_Guardian said:

One thing I might suggest on thumper, which I used to do when using it, i dunno how well itll work now though, is do out of mm for 2-3 shots, then for the last "killing 3/4" shot, use marksman. The choke tighens and it should help finish off with a larger burst of damage. I know it should function as an NFAS in cqc, and then a psuedo jg/shredder in choke so you just want to spray, but since it has a wierd gimmick, it may be necessary to make use of the gimmic so it's not so bad. So if you think you're close to killing, that quick mm burst might be it.

That said, after some testing, it still feels bad to use, and don't touch it past like 7-10m, but the 2-3 shot then mm gimmick does tend to work.

Yep tried something similar me too... I tried jumpshotting while being in marksman mode at the last 3/4 but it's as you have already told  ... at the end it's just a gimmick or a delusional behaviour behind a lot flaws 😢

Again a good reading and advice for me and all, beerS from before incoming pile-of-boxes-viralhog.gif 

On 3/5/2023 at 7:43 PM, LilyRain said:

No. The reason why you'd see more JGs than Thumpers is that there is no leasable contact-version of Thumper. If there was, you'd see more Thumpers than JGs.

But they'd both be relatively a rare sight still. As far as investing in weapons goes, it is better to go for something that is simply better than both. CSG (or the reskin, Tas-20) is objectively better. Moreover, why shotgun at all when many people like easy-mode options such as OCA 'Whisper' or defaulting to PMG? Yes... that's right, THAT's why people don't care about Thumper because literally 85% of APB can be played with those 2 disgusting weapons.

All I did say that Thumper is slightly more beastly than JG and you lose it. Point being if people are fine with JG then they should be fine with Thumper as well, because it is simply more accurate and has the potential to kill faster. It seems you interpreted that as shotguns shouldn't get improved at all, which I never said.

Bold of you to assume that I did not and no, stats DEFINE weapon roles in the game it would be stupid not to learn how to read them. Thumper and JG happen to be doing their assigned role quite well.

I would normally ask you to share the clip (which you should've already) but the problem is already apparent, "13 meters"... What made you think the weapon would function at full-lethality from that distance? Right, you didn't learn how to interpret spread values. Plus, what connection are you even trying to make? You speak as if JG can 2-shot at 13 meters. Newsflash: It CAN'T, not even with Improved Rifling 3. It takes 5 shots, FIVE. Perhaps it is you who should equip weapons and play around with them some more.

I agree with every thing but you have made two critical mistakes:

- Thumper doesn't have "slow rate of fire". 0.3s for a shotgun is not slow by any means whatsoever. It is literally almost identical to NFAS' (0.29s).

- While the shotgun patch that made shotguns broken powerful & the subsequent one cancelled that monstrosity indeed conditioned people into shotgunning with awful aim, what I said still stands. Thumper is more accurate than JG. If you guys understood that as Thumper is some magical weapon, that "sh*t" is on you.

nobody shoot thumper as fast as nfas, it's a semi auto shotgun not auto. And JG is only a good gun if you buy at least the 2 slot one, which means you need to get the one LO give u for free (after buying a lot of G1C) or you need to lvl up your pointman rank unlike the thumper which u can buy for cheap in social. Thumper is easier to get than JG, yet everyone use JG instead of thumper.

so yes, JG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> thumper and it's not even close.

Edited by Uhtdred
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Uhtdred said:

nobody shoot thumper as fast as nfas, it's a semi auto shotgun not auto.

There are many semi-auto weapons in the game and it isn't hard to fire them at their limits. You have no point here, only showing lack of skill.

And JG is only a good gun if you buy at least the 2 slot one

Absolutely wrong, 1-slot JG is more than enough to make it "good". Like where do you even get your information from?!

which means you need to get the one LO give u for free (after buying a lot of G1C) or you need to lvl up your pointman rank unlike the thumper which u can buy for cheap in social. Thumper is easier to get than JG, yet everyone use JG instead of thumper.

so yes, JG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> thumper and it's not even close.

And that's your 3rd mistake. No, JG is substantially easier to get than Thumper. I already told you that.....

But it seems that you believe JG requires 2 slots to be "good", which is why you looked at pointman rank 10 (which requires 1500 kills) compared to Rank 5 (200 kills). That's right, you only need 200 kills to get a 1-slot JG, which again is more than enough for the weapon.

Currently, the cheapest Thumper on EU is at 700,000 $APB, the most expensive is 900,000

image.png

And funny enough, on NA no Thumpers exist, so you can't 'just buy one'.... lmao

Now you tell me, Sherlock... would you get $APB 700,000 from 200 kills as well as the mission payouts while getting them? The answer is a big fat NO. Heck you wouldn't get that much even if you go for the 2-slot JG.

--------------------------------------------

The next time you try to bs, at least say something that is remotely correct.

Edited by LilyRain
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, LilyRain said:

Currently, the cheapest Thumper on EU is at 700,000 $APB, the most expensive is 900,000

Now you tell me, Sherlock... 

Interesting, but if we are looking at you have wrote u are telling us you are wasting such an unmissable occasion for reaching the achievementdream of reaching 999kkmoney registered in one character. 

I suggest you  buy all the thumper in market or social for 600/ 700k and resell it for 900k.. or better no directly get the monopoly and buy all the ones available in the EU or US servers where you are!

I am sure with your stubborness and passion you will reach in no time the goal of being the richest player of APB by trading the mighty thumper, nowdays anybody everybody desire a thumper, everybody dream a thumper.. what you are waiting for?!  good luck and dont disappoint us little simps.🤣

21 hours ago, LilyRain said:

There are many semi-auto weapons in the game and it isn't hard to fire them at their limits. You have no point here, only showing lack of skill.

Absolutely wrong, 1-slot JG is more than enough to make it "good". Like where do you even get your information from?!

And that's your 3rd mistake. No, JG is substantially easier to get than Thumper. I already told you that.....

But it seems that you believe JG requires 2 slots to be "good", which is why you looked at pointman rank 10 (which requires 1500 kills) compared to Rank 5 (200 kills). That's right, you only need 200 kills to get a 1-slot JG, which again is more than enough for the weapon.

image.png

And funny enough, on NA no Thumpers exist, so you can't 'just buy one'.... lmao

Now you tell me, Sherlock... would you get $APB 700,000 from 200 kills as well as the mission payouts while getting them? The answer is a big fat NO. Heck you wouldn't get that much even if you go for the 2-slot JG.

people gave up about selling thumper, nobody buys it. I can't believe you're not aware thumper is a bad gun, there's a reason NOBODY use it right?????? Thumper nerf was just too much. Only NFAS should have been nerfed that bad, you see someone using NFAS? that's right, nobody use NFAS (thankfully).

and please don't go "showing lack of skill", last time I saw you on Jericho you were silver.

If thumper was a good gun, everyone would use it, it's that simple.

PD: I have over 300k kills, trust me I know which guns are good or not.

Edited by Uhtdred
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Interesting, but if we are looking at you have wrote u are telling us you are wasting such an unmissable occasion for reaching the achievementdream of reaching 999kkmoney registered in one character. 

I suggest you  buy all the thumper in market or social for 600/ 700k and resell it for 900k.. or better no directly get the monopoly and buy all the ones available in the EU or US servers where you are!

I am sure with your stubborness and passion you will reach in no time the goal of being the richest player of APB by trading the mighty thumper, nowdays anybody everybody desire a thumper, everybody dream a thumper.. what you are waiting for?!  good luck and dont disappoint us little simps.🤣

I already have a Thumper, thank you. Plus, I see no value in pleasing a simp. Simps are garbage by default.

2 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

people gave up about selling thumper, nobody buys it. I can't believe you're not aware thumper is a bad gun, there's a reason NOBODY use it right?????? Thumper nerf was just too much. Only NFAS should have been nerfed that bad, you see someone using NFAS? that's right, nobody use NFAS (thankfully).

and please don't go "showing lack of skill", last time I saw you on Jericho you were silver.

If thumper was a good gun, everyone would use it, it's that simple.

PD: I have over 300k kills, trust me I know which guns are good or not.

I'd believe you if you didn't make all the mistakes above. You have shown complete lack of knowledge.

And it is astonishing how someone supposedly has 300k kills yet can't max-fire a Thumper, then still thinks he's Gold. (Heh, let's face it, you probably were some OCA/PMG easy-mode player who can't use actual challenging weapons. No wonder you complained about firing semi-autos).

Keep the jokes coming, you're already finished.

Edited by LilyRain
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, LilyRain said:

I already have a Thumper, thank you. Plus, I see no value in pleasing a simp. Simps are garbage by default.

I'd believe you if you didn't make all the mistakes above. You have shown complete lack of knowledge.

And it is astonishing how someone supposedly has 300k kills yet can't max-fire a Thumper, then still thinks he's Gold. (Heh, let's face it, you probably were some OCA/PMG easy-mode player who can't use actual challenging weapons. No wonder you complained about firing semi-autos).

and... Here you have missed another occasion

I guess you got the joke, at least a part, but instead of finishing all with a good laugh or a smart answer you got mad and starting with these fishy insults or about skills... furthermore when you are a humble simp silver but not so humble (not that I care about  your rank or whatever but you may avoid it the matter instead of being so cocky of yourself when you are average skilled as a lot of else.. ofc being a passionate average is nothing bad from my weak opinion)

Well so be it, you lost your occasion for getting the chad crown, being a sponge simp seems to enjoy yourself 😂

Bye

28 minutes ago, PingOVER9000 said:

and... Here you have missed another occasion

I guess you got the joke, at least a part, but instead of finishing all with a good laugh or a smart answer you got mad and starting with these fishy insults or about skills... furthermore when you are a humble simp silver but not so humble (not that I care about  your rank or whatever but you may avoid it the matter instead of being so cocky of yourself when you are average skilled as a lot of else.. ofc being a passionate average is nothing bad from my weak opinion)

Well so be it, you lost your occasion for getting the chad crown, being a sponge simp seems to enjoy yourself 😂

Bye

The fact that you are replying to a portion that wasn't said to you is self-explanatory.

Bye it is, you are a lost cause.

On 3/5/2023 at 2:43 PM, LilyRain said:

Thumper and JG happen to be doing their assigned role quite well.

Being dead weight that their teammates have to carry, because shotguns are in an abysmally fucked state currently?

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

Being dead weight that their teammates have to carry, because shotguns are in an abysmally fucked state currently?

Not sure why you had to tell the world that you are dead weight when carrying a shotgun.

7 hours ago, LilyRain said:

Not sure why you had to tell the world that you are dead weight when carrying a shotgun.

Whatever you're on that you think shotguns are in a usable state currently, share that shit cause it's obviously some wild stuff.

On 3/10/2023 at 9:43 AM, LilyRain said:

Actually my main role is markmanship and JG >>>>>>>>> thumper. Again, last time I saw you you were silver, you're writing here like you're godlike player.

People didn't even use thumper when it was a good gun and now u think people should use when it was  nerfed??

Makes sense.

Edited by Uhtdred

22 hours ago, LilyRain said:

The fact that you are replying to a portion that wasn't said to you is self-explanatory.

Bye it is, you are a lost cause.

Jokes aside..Dont be so delusional if you are wrong sometimes, be better and I am sure you are better than being this.

Edited by PingOVER9000

16 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Whatever you're on that you think shotguns are in a usable state currently, share that shit cause it's obviously some wild stuff.

Shotguns are unusable, eh? CQC weapons unusuable, okay...

I decided to give shotguns a spin. I did it with Thumper so there would be no further bullshitting and here is the result:

image.png

Seems fine to me. I mean look at that, an "unusable" weapon managed to get a kill-streak! By direct-contrast, it appears we don't even have to examine the actual beastly shotguns such as CSG.

Like seriously, the only 'wild shit' on the forums have mostly been coming from you specifically even MattScott commented on your sarcasm. Keep your nonsense to yourself till you learn better, thank you.

11 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

Actually my main role is markmanship and JG >>>>>>>>> thumper. Again, last time I saw you you were silver, you're writing here like you're godlike player.

People didn't even use thumper when it was a good gun and now u think people should use when it was  nerfed??

Makes sense.

"Again, last time I saw you you were silver"

Yeah, you can keep repeating baseless claims. Like look, I can do it too: Weren't you Bronze last time I saw you? See how that doesn't really work?

Lies aside, let's examine your garbage. You MAIN marksman weapons (obviously a sad camper) as well as shotguns (yet you can't click a thumper at its fire-rate as you declared before).... have 300k kills then still think you're something.

On the other hand, I MAIN LTL with Fragile and I can literally MVP asylum with that setup:

image.png

I am sorry but you're not on my league. And with your prior complaints, you don't get to say who is Silver and who isn't. Learn to literally click on a mouse before you even think of speaking.

9 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Jokes aside..Dont be so delusional if you are wrong sometimes, be better and I am sure you are better than being this.

Didn't you say "Bye" before? Why are you still here? LOL

But you'd be a much better person if you learn from your own advice. I hate to break it to you but you're the "delusional" one in here.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Shotgun Ray-Scaling trash was reversed for a reason. Learn proper distancing and to land your shots. That garbage shotgun-buff by LO should stay dead and for good reason.

Showing images from fight club, like that is relevant to balance discussion in any way. What a joke.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Showing images from fight club, like that is relevant to balance discussion in any way. What a joke.

You're not even good enough to discuss weapon balance. You're done.

2 hours ago, LilyRain said:

I decided to give shotguns a spin. I did it with Thumper so there would be no further bullshitting and here is the result:

[image]

this is...an image of you going negative in fight club, where everything works, as evidenced by your other image of ltl doing well in fight club

the thumper is in a rough spot because rayscaling is gone, and without the guarantee of a min ttk all day every day it's much harder to justify a shotgun that's primarily designed around min ttking

its not limited to the thumper, the nfas and the showstopper both suffer from the same issue

edit: i don't want rayscaling back either, just to be clear, that was a terrible mechanic

Edited by glaciers
edit

1 hour ago, glaciers said:

edit: i don't want rayscaling back either, just to be clear, that was a terrible mechanic

Rayscaling as a mechanic was perfectly fine, and solved the entire issue that shotguns suffer from. The problem was that the initial numbers were scaled way, way too fucking high (the first pellet on most of the shotguns did like 90% of the total damage of the shot, for fuck's sake). All LO had to do was dial back the scaling. Instead, they buckled instantly under an extremely vocal minority that has no clue what they're talking about, and just outright reverted instead of making even a first attempt at adjusting.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, glaciers said:

this is...an image of you going negative in fight club, where everything works, as evidenced by your other image of ltl doing well in fight club

the thumper is in a rough spot because rayscaling is gone, and without the guarantee of a min ttk all day every day it's much harder to justify a shotgun that's primarily designed around min ttking

its not limited to the thumper, the nfas and the showstopper both suffer from the same issue

This is in image of me getting a kill streak with it as it is supposedly a weak shotgun. I am not saying it is the best weapon in the world but for hexerin to say that ALL shotguns are in an "unusable" state is outrageous. The proof is solid, he's factually wrong.

And no, not anyone can pick up LTL in fightclub and do well, it has many inherent disadvantages that the player needs to KNOW how to work against. In fact LTL has every disadvantage there is except effective range which goes against the idea of arresting as an Enforcer is supposed to be in close proximity (the debateable part is O-PGL CD, which magically turned out decently for that thing but hey, that requires max cop role which most people won't bother to continue arresting at that point. It also has the standard weaknesses of a grenade launcher). In many cases, LTL is just plain suicide in fightclub let alone to actually claim arrests. You actually need to know what you are doing as most CQC and LMG weapons can kill you 30-45% faster. Now add Fragile to the mix.... That was what I proved to one guy back there.

You don't want rayscaling back and you are right but people in here do. APB doesn't need easy-mode kills that are even easier than PMG/OCA, mechanics that cater to people who want "guaranteed" kills when their enemies are literally about to leave their Field Of View.  That's literally the furthest thing away from "balance".

A tighter spread would be more than enough for Thumper as it is already as fast as nfas (heck one guy said it fires slow) but these guys shouldn't reflect their problems on the game, they should learn proper distancing, aim and how to click at correct rythms.

Edited by LilyRain

19 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Rayscaling as a mechanic was perfectly fine, and solved the entire issue that shotguns suffer from. The problem was that the initial numbers were scaled way, way too fucking high (the first pellet on most of the shotguns did like 90% of the total damage of the shot, for fuck's sake). All LO had to do was dial back the scaling. Instead, they buckled instantly under an extremely vocal minority that has no clue what they're talking about, and just outright reverted instead of making even a first attempt at adjusting.

LO's rayscaling rewarded bad aim, especially with shotguns like the JG and NFAS. It wouldn't have been as bad if the first pellet was maybe 10% more damage, just enough to increase the chance of getting a kill in 2 shots, but even then I'm opposed to non linear systems since slight changes can make significant differences that don't feel natural to the player.

I rather have shotguns do barely enough over-damage to 2 shot up close, but tight enough spread that they will consistently 3 shot at 20M. All the shotguns have too much spread, which requires them to have a lot of overdamage to compensate for partial hits. It doesn't reward good aim, and barely rewards positioning since 99% of the time you could have killed the player with any other weapon before they got close enough to kill them with the shotgun.

I think I just said the same thing in different ways.

Edited by BlatMan

Rayscaling was fine, it definitely needed tuned on individual weapons better, and some weapons could have removed completely. In the current iteration shotguns are hit or miss depending on which, but reducing their spread would make them broke, yet increasing damage would not work either.

On 3/11/2023 at 9:55 PM, LilyRain said:

image.png

Seems fine to me. I mean look at that, an "unusable" weapon managed to get a kill-streak! By direct-contrast, it appears we don't even have to examine the actual beastly shotguns such as CSG.

Like seriously, the only 'wild shit' on the forums have mostly been coming from you specifically even MattScott commented on your sarcasm. Keep your nonsense to yourself till you learn better, thank you.

"Again, last time I saw you you were silver"

Yeah, you can keep repeating baseless claims. Like look, I can do it too: Weren't you Bronze last time I saw you? See how that doesn't really work?

Lies aside, let's examine your garbage. You MAIN marksman weapons (obviously a sad camper) as well as shotguns (yet you can't click a thumper at its fire-rate as you declared before).... have 300k kills then still think you're something.

On the other hand, I MAIN LTL with Fragile and I can literally MVP asylum with that setup:

image.png

I am sorry but you're not on my league. And with your prior complaints, you don't get to say who is Silver and who isn't. Learn to literally click on a mouse before you even think of speaking.

Didn't you say "Bye" before? Why are you still here? LOL

But you'd be a much better person if you learn from your own advice. I hate to break it to you but you're the "delusional" one in here.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Shotgun Ray-Scaling trash was reversed for a reason. Learn proper distancing and to land your shots. That garbage shotgun-buff by LO should stay dead and for good reason.

you finished 17/15, that's a really bad score, you only finished first because of arrests and targets (usually people that do targets in FC are silvers/bronzes).

I see you're using fragile (only silvers or bronzes use that) and you probably went with percs too. In the pic you showed there's no good criminal 🙂

I wish you went 17/15 with thumper, oh wait, you can't..

EDIT: I just saw the pic you finished 8/11 with thumper, I seriously recommend you to quit APB right now.. I still think thumper is one of worse guns in apb but I never did remotely as bad as 8/11 in 13 years of apb. Done talking with you.

Edited by Uhtdred
  • Like 1

Despite all the several shotgun changes.. what I am still questioning it's the reason why at the end LO decide with choosing to balance with such as a unpopular way.... ok it wasnt perfect and it has some flaws but it was a very good base for a starter balance patch.

The Oca/ pmg buff may have had  its still a little questionable but right sense if the shotgun were balanced as before... 

On 3/12/2023 at 1:55 AM, LilyRain said:

Why are you still here? LOL

7eb40k.jpg

Edited by PingOVER9000

10 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

you finished 17/15, that's a really bad score, you only finished first because of arrests and targets (usually people that do targets in FC are silvers/bronzes).

I see you're using fragile (only silvers or bronzes use that) and you probably went with percs too. In the pic you showed there's no good criminal 🙂

I wish you went 17/15 with thumper, oh wait, you can't..

EDIT: I just saw the pic you finished 8/11 with thumper, I seriously recommend you to quit APB right now.. I still think thumper is one of worse guns in apb but I never did remotely as bad as 8/11 in 13 years of apb. Done talking with you.

I see your knowledge is still lacking in almost every way there is.

- 1 arrest = 2 kills, so your math is simply wrong. That's effectively 31 to 15.

- You speak as if fragile is an advantage when it isn't. If you are a true gold, you'd get out of your clotting agent 3 comfort zone, which you can't.

Perhaps you're the one who should quit, you use easy-mode setups and you're still not relevant, lmfao.

Try talking to me again in 100 years.

Edited by LilyRain
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

I see your knowledge is still lacking in almost every way there is.

- 1 arrest = 2 kills, so your math is simply wrong. That's effectively 31 to 15.

- You speak as if fragile is an advantage when it isn't. If you are a true gold, you'd get out of your clotting agent 3 comfort zone, which you can't.

Perhaps you're the one who should quit, you use easy-mode setups and you're still not relevant.

Try talking to me again in 100 years.

???

If you arrest someone, you add 1 death/arrest to your enemy, and the enemy have to spawn once? that count as 1 kill to me, and in cop role if you arrest someone, you add 1 to the count.

I never said playing with fragile is an advtange.. quite the opposite, it's a disadvantage/bad modification, just like using kev 3. Only new players/bronzes/silvers think fragile is a good mod. But in your case, you use fragile to run and arrest easily.

for a silver like you, it's a lot easier to arrest 1 guy than killing 2 enemies, especially if you are facing noobs like the pic you showed. That's why you finished 8/11 with the best gun in the game (thumper, according to you).

Edited by Uhtdred