Ritual

Patch Notes 1.30 (1357)

Hello everyone!

Here is a detailed list of Patch Notes that went live today (03/01/2023) for PC:

BUG FIXES

• Fixed an issue with emissive textures (traffic signal lights and others),
  • Fixed cases where effects would sometimes fail to activate for:
    • Lighting an objective on fire,
    • Knocking over a fire hydrant,
  • Fixed an issue where audio identifiers would sometimes not play the right sounds,
  • Cleaned up some code in some pedestrian brain vehicle logic.

NEW CONTENT

Joker Store changes

• We have added ALL base character Weapons and Vehicle mods for purchase with a rank requirement of None,
  • Added free trials for all,
  • Added 30 Day purchase options for all.

After the last update’s experiment of allowing early progression mods to be leased for Joker Tickets, we have now expanded this to include purchase options for rentals of all Weapon and Vehicle modifications. You will now have the ability to obtain a free 6-hour rental for all of these.

Players can also now purchase modification leases for 30 days instead of the previous maximum of 7.

Pricing scheme:

Tier 1:

6 Hours = free (new), 3 Day = 100 (unchanged), 7 Day = 150 (unchanged), 30 Day = 330 (new)

Tier 2:

6 Hours = free (new), 3 Day = 120 (unchanged), 7 Day = 185(unchanged), 30 Day = 395 (new)

Tier 3:

6 Hours = free (new), 3 Day = 140 (unchanged), 7 Day = 215 (unchanged), 30 Day = 460 (new)

Tier 4:

6 Hours = free (new), 3 Day = 160 (unchanged), 7 Day = 250 (unchanged), 30 Day = 525 (new)

OPTIMIZATION CHANGES

We have:

• Optimized NPC pedestrians on a per-frame basis,
  • Disabled some optional post-processing effects that would contribute to frame times but never affect the scene,
  • Optimized Scaleform to skip every three frames, easing CPU load.

KNOWN ISSUES

• While using the Fullscreen option, performance gradually worsens, and an infinite GPU stall causes a rare crash. Neither of these issues affects Windowed Fullscreen,
  • Applying settings in-game can occasionally cause performance issues, but a restart can fix these,
  • Some roles occasionally show incorrect values, i.e., the Mugger role shows a progression of 1000/50,
  • Explosions will go through some very thin walls, meaning cars can potentially explode even if a rocket is shot at them from behind a wall.
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 7

Now THIS is a good patch!

Thank you Little Orbit!

• Like 1

OPTIMIZATION CHANGES

We have:

Optimized NPC pedestrians on a per-frame basis,

Disabled some optional post-processing effects that would contribute to frame times but never affect the scene,

Optimized Scaleform to skip every three frames, easing CPU load.

💞

-Disable heavy item missions

-Disable VIP missions

-Disable unopposed missions

-Disable 1v1 missions

-Disable red crosshair

-Add the option to remove crosshair but keep hitmarks

some people have  tried it and told me they like it but they don't use because of no hitmarks. They are WAY more important than red crosshair, I am sure decent amount of people would be using it.

-Add the option for custom time of day

currently the best way to do it is set

m_nLengthOfDayHours=0
m_nLengthOfDayMins=1

and when u find the time of day u like type /time and then start with the values

m_nLengthOfDayHours=999900000
m_nLengthOfDayMins=999990000
to get that permament time of the day. Just having the option for it would be a lot simpler.

-Add the option to disable notifications like disconnection warning

Me and a few people have tried playing with keepalivetime=0.001 and it gives lower and more stable ping but with a constant blinking disconnection warning and I haven't found a way to disable that yet...

-Disable obnoxius 3 notifications when getting bounty

obnoxiously loud sound, massive notification in the middle of the screen and a little one at the top left. Having only the one on top left is enough..there is a a way to disable the one in the middle of the screen but it requires .upk removal and it also removes some other things which actually help...

-Add the option for sprinting/jogging not to cancel out ADS

-Fix getting stuck in crouch

Since u plan on adding stuff like hold crouch in the game, u should fix the main problems with it first.

-Add the option for nade toggle throw

So many times my nades have failed and idk if it's GPX issue or if it's the game..curently something like this is already possible if equipping a nade and looking behind yourself is timed right, but the nade timer wont start..

-Finally do something about shotguns

U have said that u were mainly focusing on 64 bit and that it would be a lot easier to do weapon changes once it happens. Now that it did u can finally do something about them.

-Add the permament version of mods for JTs

You are adding these stuff because of new players but ironically enough they are the only ones getting screwed over by this. RTW originally was going for RPG style which Matt said and over the years it became less of that. But people still need to grind for mods which are essential to the gameplay. Most of the people in the game are old players who have all the mods unlocked and they end up against new players who have nothing, as if just going against these players is not bad enough already. Even when matchmaking gets better this is still going to be a problem. It's not likely that new players will be playing the game everyday so they will already lose some trial days, and it's going to be even harder when they remove free premium and ranking up becomes even harder. In the long run it ends up being cheaper to pay 60k for a perma mod instead of renting it till u get to the needed rank to be able to buy the perma version of it. The only way this would be good is to add the option to buy the perma version of mods for JTs for people who don't want to spend APB$ and remove mod restriction. Because mods are definitely DEFINITELY not something people should need to grind for since it's essential to the gameplay. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jmiIos said:

-Disable VIP missions

-Disable 1v1 missions

Dont have problems with these but if we start like that-disable the entire mission system which is campy,unbalanced,repetitive and replace it with 50 vs 50 mode untill you fix the rest of systems this game needs(matchmaking mostly)

Edited by TheMessiah

30 minutes ago, jmiIos said:

-Disable VIP missions

-Disable 1v1 missions

I agree with Messiah's sentiment about these.

-Disable red crosshair

I think you have this the other way around; i'd rather keep the red crosshair than rely on hitmarkers. When two players are pixelpeeking eachother, the crosshair changing is often the only way you know about their hitbox being visible. On the other hand, hitmarkers are clientside and are not completely reliable. It's rare, but false hitmarkers happen.

This is server side and i like the fact the day changes, it doesn't affect visibility.

N O. simply no.

-Add the option for nade toggle throw

Also no. No running around with percs in your hand for you. I also really don't see the point for this. Nades in this game are so incredibly reliable once you learn them you should be able to cook and throw where you want without looking back anyway.

IIRC the main problem with shotguns was pellet ghosting, and they attempted a fix for that? 

-Add the permament version of mods for JTs

Listen, no. Even when i started the game, affording t3 wep mods wasn't much of a problem between mission rewards and a little ram raiding. Buying these perm mods from other players supports the player economy and maintains a reason to level up roles or contacts to unlock those for sale. The ability to permanently buy weapons and vehicles is already in the store. I'm an intentionally low ranked fight club main, and i don't want permanent car surf/valzipram/flak and i feel like the option to buy them would just 100% subvert the reason to level up whatsoever. This new patch announces a 30 day rental for even cheaper than the weekly rental, and that's more than enough time to recoup any JT spent. Any new player (or alt for that matter) can now get free 6 hour weapons with free high tier mods for a whole day of play, that's actually bonkers. What happened to renting a stock pmg for a week and being content with that?

While using the Fullscreen option, performance gradually worsens, and an infinite GPU stall causes a rare crash. Neither of these issues affects Windowed Fullscreen,

I have experienced the opposite. Windowed Fullscreen worsens over time. Switching to Fullscreen fixes it. At some point my framerate will go from 150fps average to 70fps. It remains stuck there until I switch to Fullscreen.

3 hours ago, jmiIos said:

-Disable red crosshair

why?

3 hours ago, jmiIos said:

Add the option to remove crosshair but keep hitmarks

some people have  tried it and told me they like it but they don't use because of no hitmarks. They are WAY more important than red crosshair, I am sure decent amount of people would be using it.

relying on hitmarkers in 2023 lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

disable the entire mission system

Ah, yes. Remove the literal core foundation of what makes APB, APB.

What an absolute fucking clown request. Get out of here with that nonsense.

1 hour ago, glaciers said:

why?

because people who have a suspicious amount of knowledge on triggerbots say this would make them useless

Edited by ezmegaz68

44 minutes ago, ezmegaz68 said:

because people who have a suspicious amount of knowledge on triggerbots say this would make them useless

as someone who has a suspicious amount of knowledge on triggerbots, disabling the red crosshair wouldn't matter

Have we told the joker ammo guy to be quiet yet? also, love the optimzation. lets get this game running to 6 million fps!

7 hours ago, jmiIos said:

yea so how about we don't use those values 🙂 there are a lot of map elements lighting that is tied to time of day, especially noticeable in asylum. In missions, without extensive testing only the water splash particle seems to be broken.

ABC7Mbb.png

57 minutes ago, Iazer said:

yea so how about we don't use those values 🙂 there are a lot of map elements lighting that is tied to time of day, especially noticeable in asylum. In missions, without extensive testing only the water splash particle seems to be broken.

ABC7Mbb.png

Could you tell me the specific value that you used in that ss, because that is something that only happens if you use more than 9 9s. I play with the value I put above and I have no broken lightning. They could just limit it to the certain value and anything above would crash the game, just like it currently does for some ini edits, or just kicking them for mismatched client version. But in a perfect world we shouldn't even need to edit ini files for something like this and they would implement slider for it or 24h format to set it...

Edit. To be more specific, you shouldn't use more than 9 numbers, not just 9 9s.

Edited by jmiIos

2 hours ago, jmiIos said:

Could you tell me the specific value that you used in that ss, because that is something that only happens if you use more than 9 9s. I play with the value I put above and I have no broken lightning. They could just limit it to the certain value and anything above would crash the game, just like it currently does for some ini edits, or just kicking them for mismatched client version. But in a perfect world we shouldn't even need to edit ini files for something like this and they would implement slider for it or 24h format to set it...

that is 9999900000 on both lenghtofdayhours and lengthofdaymins, there was some other lower value I messed around with and still got that result with lighting, from what I remember it started somewhere around the 200000 point

Edited by Iazer

11 hours ago, jmiIos said:

-Disable VIP missions

-Disable red crosshair

Yeah na.

On 3/1/2023 at 10:11 PM, Hexerin said:

Ah, yes. Remove the literal core foundation of what makes APB, APB.

What an absolute fucking clown request. Get out of here with that nonsense.

game is so unique that nobody plays it(if u think 600-700 is some number)

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

game is so unique that nobody plays it(if u think 600-700 is some number)

53c9634e94fbd615da259ecc12bbcbf1.gif

On 3/1/2023 at 10:01 PM, BlatMan said:

I have experienced the opposite. Windowed Fullscreen worsens over time. Switching to Fullscreen fixes it. At some point my framerate will go from 150fps average to 70fps. It remains stuck there until I switch to Fullscreen.

Exact same here. Windowed fullscreen is unplayable, actual fullscreen keeps on running consistently well.

Merged.

On 3/1/2023 at 7:05 PM, jmiIos said:

-Disable VIP missions

This is the only one on this list that really would be an improvement. Missions don't have to be balanced as long as you get both sides of a mission in the rotation enough times.

-Disable 1v1 missions

-Disable red crosshair

Why? I find it hard enough to see the target at all in 4k.

I kinda like the idea of no crosshairs for anyone. Hitmarks seem a necessity though.

currently the best way to do it is set

m_nLengthOfDayHours=0
m_nLengthOfDayMins=1

and when u find the time of day u like type /time and then start with the values

to get that permament time of the day. Just having the option for it would be a lot simpler.

Why? I'd prefer people don't get to mess with it an make night time meaningful. Why should environmental conditions always be the same? It's a city, remember. Oh and add weapon lights and short range lasers... and subways... and motorcycles... if we can diverge for a moment.

Why should people get to use ADS while sprinting? The jumping is jarring enough nonsense.

-Fix getting stuck in crouch

Since u plan on adding stuff like hold crouch in the game, u should fix the main problems with it first.

This would be nice.

U have said that u were mainly focusing on 64 bit and that it would be a lot easier to do weapon changes once it happens. Now that it did u can finally do something about them.

What's wrong with shotguns? I don't like them, but they ought to rule the shortest of ranges.

can we get updated visuals soon, like high poly weapon models? its been 13 years with low quality weapon models. every player can handle better models now.

also lets see that roadmap @MattScott

Any optimizations are always welcome

On 3/1/2023 at 4:52 PM, Ritual said:

Hello everyone!

Here is a detailed list of Patch Notes that went live today (03/01/2023) for PC:

BUG FIXES

• Fixed an issue with emissive textures (traffic signal lights and others),
  • Fixed cases where effects would sometimes fail to activate for:
    • Lighting an objective on fire,
    • Knocking over a fire hydrant,
  • Fixed an issue where audio identifiers would sometimes not play the right sounds,
  • Cleaned up some code in some pedestrian brain vehicle logic.

NEW CONTENT

Joker Store changes

• We have added ALL base character Weapons and Vehicle mods for purchase with a rank requirement of None,
  • Added free trials for all,
  • Added 30 Day purchase options for all.

After the last update’s experiment of allowing early progression mods to be leased for Joker Tickets, we have now expanded this to include purchase options for rentals of all Weapon and Vehicle modifications. You will now have the ability to obtain a free 6-hour rental for all of these.

Players can also now purchase modification leases for 30 days instead of the previous maximum of 7.

Pricing scheme:

Tier 1:

6 Hours = free (new), 3 Day = 100 (unchanged), 7 Day = 150 (unchanged), 30 Day = 330 (new)

Tier 2:

6 Hours = free (new), 3 Day = 120 (unchanged), 7 Day = 185(unchanged), 30 Day = 395 (new)

Tier 3:

6 Hours = free (new), 3 Day = 140 (unchanged), 7 Day = 215 (unchanged), 30 Day = 460 (new)

Tier 4:

6 Hours = free (new), 3 Day = 160 (unchanged), 7 Day = 250 (unchanged), 30 Day = 525 (new)

OPTIMIZATION CHANGES

We have:

• Optimized NPC pedestrians on a per-frame basis,
  • Disabled some optional post-processing effects that would contribute to frame times but never affect the scene,
  • Optimized Scaleform to skip every three frames, easing CPU load.

KNOWN ISSUES

• While using the Fullscreen option, performance gradually worsens, and an infinite GPU stall causes a rare crash. Neither of these issues affects Windowed Fullscreen,
  • Applying settings in-game can occasionally cause performance issues, but a restart can fix these,
  • Some roles occasionally show incorrect values, i.e., the Mugger role shows a progression of 1000/50,
  • Explosions will go through some very thin walls, meaning cars can potentially explode even if a rocket is shot at them from behind a wall.

Exploshions going through thin walls such as the stair walls in fightclub has allways been a thing especially with rockets but allso sometimes with some grenades.

On 3/1/2023 at 8:27 PM, TheMessiah said:

Dont have problems with these but if we start like that-disable the entire mission system which is campy,unbalanced,repetitive and replace it with 50 vs 50 mode untill you fix the rest of systems this game needs(matchmaking mostly)

50 v 50? Just play fightclub and you'll either get your fix or realise why it will not work. 

29 minutes ago, Clumsyhunt3R said:

50 v 50? Just play fightclub and you'll either get your fix or realise why it will not work. 

i'm convinced it can work, but not as a 50v50 TDM - that has already been tried and failed

instead, like fight club, there needs to be objectives spread throughout the district to split the 50v50 population into smaller chunks and allow players to move between different hot spots as they wish