Hi, it's been a long time since I've got back to the game, and now is one of those times so I'm not fully up to date with things.

Are Crosshairs still a gray area? And if not, can you guys remind me how it's done?

Thanks

only overlay crosshairs are allowed

Overlays are the only ones allowed, modifying game files outside of settings and the outlined configuration files available on the game's download page are prohibited.

I've been in contact with support - specifically asking if crosshair overlay softwares are allowed, such as hudsight which I gave as an example - and this was the response (Link removed ~@mayii) I had.

Pretty clearly this states that they are not allowed to me. I queried this again as I have seen many streamers using crosshair overlays and people suggesting it's allowable on the forums. This was the second response (Link removed ~@mayii) I had.

I find this really f ing annoying to be honest, as I find the dot quite useful but clearly don't want to stray onto the side of running applications that support suggest 'might' get my account banned.

Have any LO staff said otherwise in the past?

On 3/8/2023 at 1:52 PM, Connor said:

I've been in contact with support - specifically asking if crosshair overlay softwares are allowed, such as hudsight which I gave as an example - and this was the response (Link removed ~@mayii) I had.

Pretty clearly this states that they are not allowed to me. I queried this again as I have seen many streamers using crosshair overlays and people suggesting it's allowable on the forums. This was the second response (Link removed ~@mayii) I had.

I find this really f ing annoying to be honest, as I find the dot quite useful but clearly don't want to stray onto the side of running applications that support suggest 'might' get my account banned.

Have any LO staff said otherwise in the past?

You won't get banned for it as long as it does not hook in to the game in anyway. Going by their response using a voice program like discord or teamspeak isn't allowed either, it is just a silly blanket response they do.