Players have been asking for you, Little Orbit, Gamers First, etc, to stop the cheats for over a decade. Instead you give update 1.3 that has done nothing. Cheats still abound. You add where you can rent mods with Joker tickets, to attract new players, but a rank 9 can shoot faster with the starte pistol then you can with an automatic rifle, and they don't miss. Cheats still there. I could make a billion examples for the last decade, and the one thing that is bottom priority should be top. 200 players max, for the majority of the decade, because you will not put stopping the cheats at the top. You see the extremely negative effect it has on your players base, so why will you not address this and take care of it?

I'd like to see a rank 9 shoot a fbw faster than an automatic rifle.

4 hours ago, Loaf-of-Evil said:

and the one thing that is bottom priority should be top. 200 players max, for the majority of the decade, because you will not put stopping the cheats at the top. 

What does this even mean?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

It means only 200 people play the game anymore, max. I wish it was thousands, but after a decade and nothing has changed, here we are...

A classic. Someone is better than me = they are cheating. I used to play with only fbw for like 2 months at one point to master it and because it was fun. My fire rate was perfect and I was barely missing any shots. The amount of triggerbot / macro etc hackusations I got was horrifying.

Stop hackusating people and get better instead. If you will keep hackusating you will always see cheaters all around you. You have no idea how much effort some people are putting into getting good at APB. During my prime I was constantly working on my muscle memory, I was practicing using different aim training "games", I was reviewing my own gameplay both in real time and by watching recordings to see what I can correct aim / strategy wise. And of course I was playing an unhealthy amount of hours every day. Many people do that to get better.

Edited by Thial
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Loaf-of-Evil said:

It means only 200 people play the game anymore, max. I wish it was thousands, but after a decade and nothing has changed, here we are...

But there are more than 200 people online right now?

Heads up, 1.30 != 1.3

Version numbers are not equal to math values.

'one' 'dot/point' 'thirty' versus 'one point three'

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Thial said:

A classic. Someone is better than me = they are cheating. I used to play with only fbw for like 2 months at one point to master it and because it was fun. My fire rate was perfect and I was barely missing any shots. The amount of triggerbot / macro etc hackusations I got was horrifying.

Stop hackusating people and get better instead. If you will keep hackusating you will always see cheaters all around you. You have no idea how much effort some people are putting into getting good at APB. During my prime I was constantly working on my muscle memory, I was practicing using different aim training "games", I was reviewing my own gameplay both in real time and by watching recordings to see what I can correct aim / strategy wise. And of course I was playing an unhealthy amount of hours every day. Many people do that to get better.

No hacking, they are not that smart, just using cheats. Has been since the start of the game, and why people that come back every few years to check it out leave again. Oh well.

Merged.

Same apb apologists that are always here. I'll check back in a few years again. Adios.

Being a realist = being an APB apologist I guess. I don't doubt that there are some cheaters but if you wanna call people cheaters because they have mastered the fire rate of some gun and they can aim then I have some bad news for you, a big chunk of the player base can do that, completely legit.

Edited by Thial
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Loaf-of-Evil said:

Instead you give update 1.3 that has done nothing. Cheats still abound.

I rarely defend LO, n I hate hax, n ya hax still running around. 

What 1.3 gives us is the ability to now install an anti cheat that is compatible.

Our old 32 bit game was not compatible for modern anti-cheats. 

I don't speak for LO but the word is an anti cheat is coming Soon. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

I don't speak for LO but the word is an anti cheat is coming Soon. 

That would be wonderful. Hopefully will be soon.

18 hours ago, Loaf-of-Evil said:

but a rank 9 can shoot faster with the starte pistol then you can with an automatic rifle, and they don't miss.

Two things here are off, one the FBW can not shoot faster then 0.2 shots per second it is hard coded that way (Except with Cooling Jacket) so that is totally impossible to happen and thus makes your entire claim of the rest of the thread invalid.

Two, The sad thing is that looking at your profile you have only been playing the game for two-three years, most of the long term players in this game have been playihng for around 12 years now and have WAY more experience then you and thus can play that well.

As for a low level player doing that then it is totally possible that they are just someone on a new character, people make them all the time, The blunt hard fact is that just with most people you are thinking others are cheating and just not wanting to accept the fact that others are better then you.

Edited by WingedArc
Typo

1 hour ago, WingedArc said:

Two things here are off, one the FBW can not shoot faster then 0.2 s

hots per second it is hard coded that way (Except with Cooling Jacket) so that is totally impossible to happen and thus makes your entire claim of the rest of the thread invalid.

But our Loaf friend is talking about cheats / cheaters vs genuine players.
There is no doubt, a cheater could easily out gun with the FBW and kill quicker than a genuine player using the ntec (or other such as an SMG) in CQC. How Loaf has expressed this and worded the post may not convey the actual suggestion. Loaf is frustrated that in all this time cheaters and cheating is still a big problem today and suggests it is hurting the playerbase / and is one of the biggest contributing factors to the games decline and should be the number 1 priority.

1 hour ago, WingedArc said:

Two, The sad thing is that looking at your profile you have only been playing the game for two-three years, most of the long term players in this game have been playihng for around 12 years now and have WAY more experience then you and thus can play that well.

As for a low level player doing that then it is totally possible that they are just someone on a new character, people make them all the time, The blunt hard fact is that just with most people you are thinking others are cheating and just not wanting to accept the fact that others are better then you.

I'm not sure what to say about this, do you see what you have done?

You imply our Loaf friend has made an assumption about players and yet you do the very same thing based on their forum account.

Loaf also mentions the word "decade" in the original post and so I would assume he / she has been around much longer.

Loaf, there are posts about the changes to the game (see the A/Q thread )

https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2022/12/22/2022-AMA-RECAP

In short nothing will change yet as the game engine and code needs to be updated first. Essentially what will happen is the game will remain identical but all the coding behind it will be modernised.

This transition will then allow for and make it easier to change the game content and improve it but in the mean time most of the issues that exist will remain.

Well he has a point. First 2 weeks it was paradise. Now i see some people i have never seen before perfectly ttk. AP45 is the most obvious one. I though i was going crazy how people fly around the corner and then kill you in 0.5 second. I though i was washed up but, not this bad.

Well two days ago i found out that there is a cheat . Guy doesn't see me tries to aim on my team mate but as he was aiming on my mate he went behind cover and then the cheater snapped backwards on me lol. Seems like BE is still a nonexistent anti cheat like VAC. Cmon Matt you said 32bit is holding EAC back but, we have the 64bit what is your excuse now??

Edited by Gateron

19 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I'd like to see a rank 9 shoot a fbw faster than an automatic rifle.

it's always the same 1/2 people who LIVE on this forum and hourly scan its shadowy alleys in the hope of grasping the slightest glimpse of a post where they can settle and "uhm, actually 🤓☝️" every totally valid, reasonable post and argue on every point made. the guy said this game is dead cuz its been neglected for ages. are you ready to grow the f up at your modest age of 40 and stop trolling on an internet forum? are you going to oppose what i just said with big boy words or just settle on some cheap a** cool 1337 comeback? my guy you need to discover the outside. 

also, it's funny to me how the "theyre not cheating, theyre just better" line always comes from the most clearly silverpilled individuals. guess yall tryna compensate.

to declare this game has NO cheaters whatsoever is pure troll behaviour. sure theres silvers hackusating left and right, that doesnt mean "no cheaters in apb lol"

https://imgur.com/a/Ot2KJLq

1 hour ago, semen9 said:

it's funny to me how the "theyre not cheating, theyre just better" line always comes from the most clearly silverpilled individuals. guess yall tryna compensate

Compensate for being silver by... saying other players are not cheating?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, semen9 said:

it's always the same 1/2 people who LIVE on this forum and hourly scan its shadowy alleys in the hope of grasping the slightest glimpse of a post where they can settle and "uhm, actually 🤓☝️" every totally valid, reasonable post and argue on every point made. the guy said this game is dead cuz its been neglected for ages. are you ready to grow the f up at your modest age of 40 and stop trolling on an internet forum? are you going to oppose what i just said with big boy words or just settle on some cheap a** cool 1337 comeback? my guy you need to discover the outside. 

also, it's funny to me how the "theyre not cheating, theyre just better" line always comes from the most clearly silverpilled individuals. guess yall tryna compensate.

to declare this game has NO cheaters whatsoever is pure troll behaviour. sure theres silvers hackusating left and right, that doesnt mean "no cheaters in apb lol"

https://imgur.com/a/Ot2KJLq

I never said anything about how they are not cheating or cheating.

Just want to see someone fire a gun faster than its fire rate that can't be done even with cheats.

• Like 1

The issue is that if you will think that people are cheating then you will see cheaters everywhere. Every good legit player will be a cheater in your eyes. That's why I'm telling people to stop hackusating others as a very large chunk of the player base can play like that completely legit so it's better to just assume that you are playing against a really good player. But people don't want to listen to that. In their eyes everyone is cheating and we are defending cheaters here and everyone should be banned. There's no saving people like that. 

And this is not unique to new players either. I was being hackusated multiple times by  players who have 10k+ hours in this game and who were publicly saying on their streams that I'm a crazy aimbotter. Surprise surprise, I was never banned and never will be. The main problem is that people refuse to accept that somebody can play better than them.

Edited by Thial
  • Like 1

Man I was having the worst time in mission districts yesterday. 

Every single teammate was starting the round, bitching that the opponent was cheating, pre-quitting by just running away or going AFK, then yelling “don’t feed the cheaters”. So what should have been 4 players vs 3 was now just me vs 3.

They weren’t even cheating. You know how I know? They missed, they weren’t using macro-able weapons, they didn’t know where I was at all times. Suprise Suprise, if I snuck up on them and played defensively I was able to kill them a few times. 

They were still way better then me, but it’s easier to say someone else is cheating then it is to just admit “I’m not as good as they are”. 

I genuinely haven’t seen a legit cheater since I started playing again. Not one. It’s all in your head my dude.

11 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I never said anything about how they are not cheating or cheating.

Just want to see someone fire a gun faster than its fire rate that can't be done even with cheats.

Bro... I really have a feeling that hackers have decreased in number with this update. It could be that hackers have become few in relation to the total number of players online. I may be rambling, but I have this impression.
About this issue of criticizing golds and putting them in the same box as hackers, I think it's idiotic. I respect the golds a lot, they have experience, those who tend to criticize are those who actually harm their own team, because the one who criticizes is usually that player who goes AFK, or leaves the game and leaves the rest of the team alone.

In many times those who criticize are hypocrite - Wait a minute...others can't do these things wrong, but can you? just to satisfy your ego?

Besides, the one who usually criticizes is a mule, on strategic issues, but those who are older know that this is not a taboo or a myth, you really get used to the APB strategy which is easy to discern.
For example: identifying where enemies will spawn, use map elements to your advantage, covering, knowing how to position yourself on the map, locations that favor the team, etc. Just think of the best for the team, these simple things that make the difference and that many of these guys who criticize do not have the ability to think. Its really simple things that get into your vein and that becomes automatic, but it seems that we have to state the obvious to these people who criticize. 

It's the guys who play OCA and come in shooting, wasting bullets like crazy, and when the match is over, this guy blames all the enemies calling them a hacker, but he was the one who harmed the team.

I'm not being a teacher, or wanting to teach anyone. I just want to say that those who criticize are actually those who harm someone, and that at the end of the story they pass for spoiled victims. Hackers have always existed and will never be spared criticism, but don't confuse HACKER with GOLD. Admit you're dumb and your head starts to hurt and heat up when you start thinking about strategies. Of course I'm exaggerating and being ironic, but they don't think out of laziness anyway.

Sorry for the big text, i got carried away. I ended up venting, because sometimes I go through these situations. You do your best in the match, doing everything I mentioned above, while the other guys on the team are criticizing in chat and rushing with OCA or NHVR like crazy without thinking. Yes... this happens a lot, people rushing with a sniper at close range and then criticizing the opposing team in chat.

edit: I don't mean you NotZombieBiscuit XD, I just supplemented.

Edited by MrLek

11 hours ago, Thial said:

The issue is that if you will think that people are cheating then you will see cheaters everywhere. Every good legit player will be a cheater in your eyes. That's why I'm telling people to stop hackusating others as a very large chunk of the player base can play like that completely legit so it's better to just assume that you are playing against a really good player. But people don't want to listen to that. In their eyes everyone is cheating and we are defending cheaters here and everyone should be banned. There's no saving people like that. 

And this is not unique to new players either. I was being hackusated multiple times by  players who have 10k+ hours in this game and who were publicly saying on their streams that I'm a crazy aimbotter. Surprise surprise, I was never banned and never will be. The main problem is that people refuse to accept that somebody can play better than them.

1000x this
You are just dogshit at the game, noobs

Yes the script kiddies are running rampant rn. LO said they will implement easy anticheat in the near future, just wait untill then. 

On 2/27/2023 at 6:02 PM, WingedArc said:

Two things here are off, one the FBW can not shoot faster then 0.2 shots per second it is hard coded that way (Except with Cooling Jacket) so that is totally impossible to happen and thus makes your entire claim of the rest of the thread invalid.

I have over 1200 hours on steam, and at least that much before apb went to steam. I just didn't join this forum until 2020.

There are even aimbot cheats that miss evey once in a while to make it look like you are not using a bot. If any of you are actually noy apologist trolls, simply search for apc cheats and you will see.

Anyways, keep the apologist power strong.

Merged.

On 2/28/2023 at 7:09 PM, Weaboos said:

Yes the script kiddies are running rampant rn. LO said they will implement easy anticheat in the near future, just wait untill then. 

Thank you. Hopefully very soon.

Merged.

On 2/27/2023 at 8:15 PM, ElectroStingz said:

But our Loaf friend is talking about cheats / cheaters vs genuine players.
There is no doubt, a cheater could easily out gun with the FBW and kill quicker than a genuine player using the ntec (or other such as an SMG) in CQC. How Loaf has expressed this and worded the post may not convey the actual suggestion. Loaf is frustrated that in all this time cheaters and cheating is still a big problem today and suggests it is hurting the playerbase / and is one of the biggest contributing factors to the games decline and should be the number 1 priority.

I'm not sure what to say about this, do you see what you have done?

You imply our Loaf friend has made an assumption about players and yet you do the very same thing based on their forum account.

Loaf also mentions the word "decade" in the original post and so I would assume he / she has been around much longer.

Loaf, there are posts about the changes to the game (see the A/Q thread )

https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2022/12/22/2022-AMA-RECAP

In short nothing will change yet as the game engine and code needs to be updated first. Essentially what will happen is the game will remain identical but all the coding behind it will be modernised.

This transition will then allow for and make it easier to change the game content and improve it but in the mean time most of the issues that exist will remain.

I do hope soon. Some of the most fun missions I have done, my team lost. Some go dow to the last few seconds, and that's fun.

I have seen so many new people pushed away. Also so many people take several years vacation to just come back to the same junk. Here's hoping it will change soon.

Who's gonna tell him that not much is gonna change after EAC is added and that he's still gonna hackusate everyone ?

How can you stop cheats?

You provide one comprehensive update to anti-cheat knocking out 90% of the most widely used cheats. Creating this update took 6 months and an in-depth research in the methods used to circumvent the protection. Within one week cheaters will have bypassed your update and are cheating again. Do you see the problem here?