Sign in to follow this  
Reprimand

Game is still busted

I'm glad you're all working on updates, but I just came back from a long break and decided to start a new enforcer and my god is it painful. 

Without Clotting Agent 3, your gunfights are short as hell. Enemies take a few shots and run behind something, and if they don't have green gas or epinephrine injector they just nade you until the problem stops. 

You can have an enemy in your crosshair and be tap firing and you'll still get beaten out because they've got a legendary with mods. Even the secondaries are just busted. 

The new lease system on the JT store seems good but it won't remedy the fact that you have to grind to 60k each time you need a modification and that the unlock ceiling is still way too high. It needs lowering. If I'm experiencing this as someone who has played for a long time, imagine what someone who hasn't played before is going through. 

Lower the rank ceiling from 195, lower the unlock requirements for each contact and please balance the weapons. The most basic firearm should at least beat out a secondary (which should always be a last resort after your mag is dumped). 

OBIR, NTEC, Whisper, NHVR are among the worst offenders of this. If adding recoil was supposed to make a good weapon more difficult, the ALIG wouldn't be so broken. 

Spot on, balance is whack even for endgame. Surely fresh Characters will naturally suffer.

The exception is Clotting Agent 3 + "green gas" (medspray). That combination doesn't really work. If you see someone using it just continue the fight, it won't contribute to healing them at all.

1 hour ago, LilyRain said:

Spot on, balance is whack even for endgame. Surely fresh Characters will naturally suffer.

Yeah, most builds are geared towards DPS which is ridiculous. Why does Heavy Barrel reduce damage but not CJ3? 

1 hour ago, LilyRain said:

The exception is Clotting Agent 3 + "green gas" (medspray). That combination doesn't really work. If you see someone using it just continue the fight, it won't contribute to healing them at all.

Thank you for the heads up. ♥️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Reprimand said:

Why does Heavy Barrel reduce damage but not CJ3?

It does but indirectly. APB is a game of distances.

Cj3 makes weapons substantially more likely to miss due to bullet-spread. In a sense, it shortens your optimum weapon-range in exchange for some speed. (e.g medium-range weapons become short-high-range weapons).

Attempting to use a weapon at its original best range will easily require an extra shot. That extra shot increases time-to-kill by a lot on many weapons. In that sense, DPS-wise, its drawback is comparable to Heavy Barrel's.

Edited by LilyRain

1 minute ago, LilyRain said:

It does but indirectly. APB is a game of distances.

Cj3 makes weapons substantially more likely to miss due to bullet-spread. In a sense, it shortens your optimum weapon-range in exchange for some speed. (e.g medium-range weapons become short-high-range weapons).

I see. But does that matter to weapons like the OBIR and NHVR? Weapons which fire with such specific accuracy? 

1 minute ago, LilyRain said:

Attempting to use a weapon at its original best range will easily require an extra shot. That extra shot increases time-to-kill by a lot on many weapons. In that sense, DPS-wise, its drawback is comparable to Heavy Barrel's.

I think for SMGs it is a little different because it speeds up the time to kill. You just have to aim a little better. 

Personally. I think CJ3 should increase fire rate but decrease range and Heavy Barrel should increase accuracy but decrease fire rate. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Reprimand said:

I see. But does that matter to weapons like the OBIR and NHVR? Weapons which fire with such specific accuracy? 

Good notice, it doesn't. They can afford it, that's why things like Obeya CR762 are still strong with CJ3. It already has good range so it doesn't need IR3. CJ3 works well on it.

6 minutes ago, Reprimand said:

I think for SMGs it is a little different because it speeds up the time to kill. You just have to aim a little better. 

Correct. SMGs are mostly short-range so CJ3 won't hurt them as much. CJ3 PMG is a very strong choice. N-FAS with CJ3 though makes it spread too much. It requires almost kissing-distance to work.

7 minutes ago, Reprimand said:

Personally. I think CJ3 should increase fire rate but decrease range and Heavy Barrel should increase accuracy but decrease fire rate. 

That would be much more straightforward for CJ3. Not necessarily a bad thing at all if tuned right.

There was a previous change for Heavy Barrel that made it fire slower. It was too excessive so it was reverted.

54 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

Correct. SMGs are mostly short-range so CJ3 won't hurt them as much. CJ3 PMG is a very strong choice. N-FAS with CJ3 though makes it spread too much. It requires almost kissing-distance to work.

In this case , wouldn't a mod that decreases spread be useful? Does Reflex Sight achieve this? 

54 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

That would be much more straightforward for CJ3. Not necessarily a bad thing at all if tuned right.

There was a previous change for Heavy Barrel that made it fire slower. It was too excessive so it was reverted.

It gotta be brought back. 5/10/15% reduction. 

I'm confused because everyone knows the Tier 3 Mods are the best but the others get left behind sadly. 

5 hours ago, Reprimand said:

you'll still get beaten out because they've got a legendary with mods. Even the secondaries are just busted. 

I wish to be enlighted on which legendries with mods these are.

5 hours ago, Reprimand said:

Even the secondaries are just busted. 

Currently there exists only one secondary weapon in-game.

But yeah the starting grind is horrible unless you have account bound 3 slot weapons.

Imo they should have rank locked districts. Even if someone would create a new char to stomp noobs they would still be bound by rank restrictions on char and weapon mods...

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I wish to be enlighted on which legendries with mods these are.

No, you don't.

Ursus. Whisper. Sitting Duck. Volcano. Euryale. Medusa. Cap40. Huntress. Condor. Hitchhiker. To name a few. 

2 minutes ago, Reprimand said:

No, you don't.

Ursus. Whisper. Sitting Duck. Volcano. Euryale. Medusa. Cap40. Huntress. Condor. Hitchhiker. To name a few. 

So is it the oca/ntec/obir/hvr that is better or the legendaries?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reprimand said:

In this case , wouldn't a mod that decreases spread be useful? Does Reflex Sight achieve this? 

Yes but the effect is so miniscule the answer might as well be no. The following image shows the accuracy stats of NFAS that has Reflex Sight 3 and Cooling Jacket 3.

image.png

Reflex Sight 3 improves Run Modifier by 10% (1 → 0.9). However... Cooling Jacket 3 increases spread alone by 50% (150cm → 225cm) as well as increase the shot modifier cap (spread) by another staggering 70% (1 → 1.7). Add to these the fact that NFAS doesn't really have any time to recover during its automatic firing (Fire Intercal is 0.2697s but Recovery Delay is 0.6s), which makes the situation even a bit more worse.

The negative effects of Cooling Jacket on NFAS are so high that Reflex Sight won't help. Reflex Sight is generally considered useless on shotguns overall.

2 hours ago, Reprimand said:

It gotta be brought back. 5/10/15% reduction. 

I'm confused because everyone knows the Tier 3 Mods are the best but the others get left behind sadly. 

Perhaps but there was another thing. While reducing the fire rate seems fair in exchange for more range, it made automatic weapons a lot easier to use. N-Tec started to handle like N-Tec 'Ursus', so the skill-factor in controlling shots was effectively gone.

Additionally, due to how powerful and easy-2-use close ranged weapons are, it made their lives even more guaranteed against those using assault rifles in close range, because assault riflers by default sacrifice mobility when marksman-aiming in order to land shots. Close Rangers can also equip cooling jacket, making it rather impossible to lose without actually missing shots, which is rather unfair skill-wise.
----------------------

Tier 3 Mods aren't always the best choice. Cooling Jacket 2 is often seen better to use compared to Cooling Jacket 3, simply because of how big the negatives are with cj3 in exchange for a tiny benefit that is often not worth it.

41 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

So is it the oca/ntec/obir/hvr that is better or the legendaries?

The legendaries are better versions. The gun balancing of these weapons makes them stronger for the current meta. 

Dear Members, I am appalled by the feedback I have received from you regarding the current state of the game. It is unacceptable that players are having to endure such a painful experience when trying to start a new enforcer. The fact that enemies can take a few shots and run behind something, and that even the secondaries are overpowered, is completely unacceptable. The new lease system on the JT store is a step in the right direction, but it does not address the issue of having to grind for 60k each time you need a modification. The rank ceiling needs to be lowered and the unlock requirements for each contact need to be reduced. The weapons are also in need of balancing. The most basic firearm should at least beat out a secondary, and the ALIG should not be so broken that adding recoil makes it more difficult. I expect to see immediate action taken to address these issues.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mrfaann said:

I suggest reaching out to the game's developers or posting on the game's forums to express your concerns and provide feedback on the game's balance. They may take your feedback into consideration and make changes accordingly.

In the meantime, you can try adjusting your playstyle and loadout to accommodate for the current state of the game. You may also consider playing with a group to help improve your chances in gunfights.

i see you have not played. go ahead and try to adjust. you got three weapons. ntec oca and colby 45

want to use anything? well get bent buddy becuase don,t 1 of those 3 can and will kill you

tell me to get good? go play asylum or fin for an hour and come back here