Fruitini

Apb matchmaking fixed, a fruit story

1 minute ago, Fruitini said:

D5V8EqJ.pngsomething else a little rough maybe better to read just a concept though 

the problem with this is it doesnt account for anything really

for example (i assume green means easy) i find any objective at the edge of a map to be far harder because the spawn system has less to work with yet you have most of gresty as easy despite it having arguably the best camping spot in the district

also doesnt seem to take into account the highway, which wildly affects the difficulties of the areas it passes through

8 minutes ago, Fruitini said:

D5V8EqJ.pngsomething else a little rough maybe better to read just a concept though 

But that happens with the areas of the map that are not marked, some of them have objectives that are a bit hard to reach for new players, you kinda excluded them from your drawing.

Well the highway is a rare spawn that roams so you can't take it into account. Green is actually Elite tier and worth bonus points! The real Meta is in taking that hold the whatever and taking it to one of the Omega Purple areas so we can farm more points and manipulate the system more! Because adding an overly complex system that solves nothing is MORE so its better!

Assuming that the green are is easy, i find it harder to play on that part of the map then the one marked with red

2 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Well the highway is a rare spawn that roams so you can't take it into account. Green is actually Elite tier and worth bonus points! The real Meta is in taking that hold the whatever and taking it to one of the Omega Purple areas so we can farm more points and manipulate the system more! Because adding an overly complex system that solves nothing is MORE so its better!

I don't think you spawn on highway, what i think he said is that the highways give you a much better overlook of the objective and easier to defend, also harder to reach and it takes valuable time, and for new player, the time is gold

19 minutes ago, Deathshow99 said:

I don't think you spawn on highway, what i think he said is that the highways give you a much better overlook of the objective and easier to defend, also harder to reach and it takes valuable time, and for new player, the time is gold

Well if where we spawn decides what points we get then that is fine, nothing could go wrong with that. Maybe instead of it being open sandbox like we can have huge walls popup so people don't do an objective in a hard area when its a easy mission or take the obj into a hard area for points. Yeah def better to base threat off the area things are in instead of who the opposition is.

edit for sepllnig

Edited by SelttikS

8 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Well if where we spawn decides what points we get then that is fine, nothing could go wrong with that. Maybe instead of it being open sandbox like we can have huge walls popup so people don't do an objective in a hard area when its a easy mission or take the obj into a hard area for points. Yeah def better to base threat off the area things are in instead of who the position is.

Or they could just pust the walls so you can't take the item outside of it or the VIP can't leave a certain are untill he dies

45 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

A that's where you are wrong moving an item to a harder location doesn't manipulate the system of omega purple. It really just stayed static despite you moving it. So really just keep the item in a certain area and don't run with it....because you won't get extra points 

6 minutes ago, Fruitini said:

A that's where you are wrong moving an item to a harder location doesn't manipulate the system of omega purple. It really just stayed static despite you moving it. So really just keep the item in a certain area and don't run with it....because you won't get extra points 

So again why would we want to spend money making your system instead of what we have now? Sell us this idea. This is Shark Tank and the tanks all carry assault rifles so try hard.

22 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

YCQ21NY.gif

Sorry I dont think this is a good idea at all.

Hey no big deal I made a big leap to post my idea about how to help the system of it turns out it's wrong cool but I tried but why won't it work?

17 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

So again why would we want to spend money making your system instead of what we have now? Sell us this idea. This is Shark Tank and the tanks all carry assault rifles so try hard.

The system we have now obvisouly isn't working. How threat is generated and perceived all I'm asking is to look at it in another way. Each mission has it's own difficulty level coupled with the area of the map. Assuming there are easy defends and hard defends. Hard attacks and easy for each mission objective and map area. A certain skill and memorization is needed to compete tasks in certain areas. Like the examples I listed. Knowing how to approach something and complete it shows skill imo.

Edited by Fruitini
For that one guy I quoted

15 minutes ago, Fruitini said:

The system we have now obvisouly isn't working. How threat is generated and perceived all I'm asking is to look at it in another way. Each mission has it's own difficulty level coupled with the area of the map. Assuming there are easy defends and hard defends. Hard attacks and easy for each mission objective and map area. A certain skill and memorization is needed to compete tasks in certain areas. Like the examples I listed. Knowing how to approach something and complete it shows skill imo.

I would dare say that it might be easier to, instead of radically change how threat is calculated, instead spread the colors out more over the current mmr.  Say have it where 25% of the player base is in each tier. This just needs minor tweaks to the mmr spread and the dispersion to the colors.

4 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

I would dare say that it might be easier to, instead of radically change how threat is calculated, instead spread the colors out more over the current mmr.  Say have it where 25% of the player base is in each tier. This just needs minor tweaks to the mmr spread and the dispersion to the colors.

I could see that being much easier to manage. I just wish there was a better way to use the map knowledge you get from playing the game to account into your skill cap. Map knowledge meaning how to attack and defend in such a way that you win...hmm

4 minutes ago, Fruitini said:

I could see that being much easier to manage. I just wish there was a better way to use the map knowledge you get from playing the game to account into your skill cap. Map knowledge meaning how to attack and defend in such a way that you win...hmm

That would be accounted for by your score already, correct? You typically have a higher score because you do better based on the combination of fps skills and game knowledge.

A mission with a noob with good FPS skills vs a Vet with detailed knowledge of the game and good fps skills will most likely show the vet winning. Thus the vet would gain mmr. There are more details that could be done but that is the basics of it.

27 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

That would be accounted for by your score already, correct? You typically have a higher score because you do better based on the combination of fps skills and game knowledge.

A mission with a noob with good FPS skills vs a Vet with detailed knowledge of the game and good fps skills will most likely show the vet winning. Thus the vet would gain mmr. There are more details that could be done but that is the basics of it.

Yea it still is a little flawed because if you team up with a new player in a sence what sort of opponent would you face? Could the vet carry the noob go higher ranks? How would the new player lose his rank to get back to his skill level....yea I need to work on some things. This is assuming on a perfect world where we all play equal Haha this may have to many holes but how many does the system we have now?

Edited by Fruitini

1 hour ago, Fruitini said:

Yea it still is a little flawed because if you team up with a new player in a sence what sort of opponent would you face? Could the vet carry the noob go higher ranks? How would the new player lose his rank to get back to his skill level....yea I need to work on some things. This is assuming on a perfect world where we all play equal Haha this may have to many holes but how many does the system we have now?

Overwatch seems to have it working out alright.

You know, I don't quite understand the fuss with apb matchmaking. I thought the old threat system looked interesting and a threat above gold would be a nice addition, otherwise it's okay. We have golds, who are either competent players or smart enough to get carried by competent players. Silvers/bronzes who are either super casual or have bad pc's/internet. And for the most part these two groups are separated between silver district and bronze district. Enlighten me why it needs to be complicated?

22 minutes ago, Teardrops69 said:

You know, I don't quite understand the fuss with apb matchmaking. I thought the old threat system looked interesting and a threat above gold would be a nice addition, otherwise it's okay. We have golds, who are either competent players or smart enough to get carried by competent players. Silvers/bronzes who are either super casual or have bad pc's/internet. And for the most part these two groups are separated between silver district and bronze district. Enlighten me why it needs to be complicated?

because golds are mixed with silvers and silvers are mixed with bronzes

Hey nice post. I mean, I skipped the 2nd page and I admit I find hard to understand the last sentence in your op but I'm not native English so forget it. I'd like to make an input myself, but I'm not gonna talk about which specific areas of the maps would be more or less difficult, I was thinking instead the same way some of the guys already said, I believe that the algorithm, or code, or whatever is needed for such system to work with the in-place threat system would require a nearly impossible work though I still think is not possible at all to do it.

Instead, when you think of how to balance things in a game, besides the fact you can try to tweak current values and nerf and buff everything around, sometimes there's a simpler solution that might fit if there's no real need to modify anything of what you already made work. I'll be more specific, if you are willing to create a system that depends on the map to produce the desired effect on the players, then instead of manipulating the player's threat system which requires to give a new shape to something that already was carefully modeled, you can simply add a new object, value, currency or "threat measure" that usually works together with the rest of the game mechanics to contribute to a better match-making.

Then, after reasoning the way I'm doing (I might be wrong with a lot of things ofc) what I was thinking when I saw your map draws and I definitely believe could work for what you propose, is to create a new value, let's call it a "consistent skill" requirement, or just "skill", which is assigned to each area of the map, this way the game will collect your stats from the last 'x' amount of days and will determine in which areas you are more likely able to get missions, this along with current character rank (standing points/contacts progression) could work as some sort of Tourf Wars or Mission Tiers, or something like that.

If there aren't enough players for your mission tier then you of course will fall in the next poll below or above yours depending on available players, and if you are in a group the player with the highest "skill" value will determine the group missions tier.

I don't know if I derailed too much your idea but I like the propositions you are bringing on and I thought of some sort of Tourf Wars with fixed "skill" points required to join each area. Pretty much like most MMORPG games where you can't enter areas unless you have the required XP for it, and I think we already saw some game modes in APB where they used some useful stuff to set map areas and such.

My grain of sand to help you build the castle man, idk. 🙂

Edited by Salvick