semen9

reminder to martscott to implement name#0000 system

title 

its getting kinda hard to keep track of every cheater alt

maybe he forgot while he was copy pasting files from "32bit" folder to "64bit" folder for the past 5 years

also btw ban every silver and below

10 hours ago, semen9 said:

title 

its getting kinda hard to keep track of every cheater alt

maybe he forgot while he was copy pasting files from "32bit" folder to "64bit" folder for the past 5 years

also btw ban every silver and below

yes lets ban 99% of the game so the 1% can play. rather play with silvers then golds they whine less and don't take this game SUPER SERIOUSLY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

What even is the point of a sarcastic thread?

nah shit is whack. even if I got box i wouldn't want to be Box#0001

2 hours ago, Spillra said:

nah shit is whack. even if I got box i wouldn't want to be Box#0001

im setting an ahk to take box#0001 so you can be box#0002

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Apparently everyone forgot that the numerical append naming system is part of the phasing system, because the phasing system would also involve bridging Jericho and Citadel (as in, players can freely travel between districts on the two servers). Since apparently MattScott is still intending to add phasing (despite originally claiming it required tech from the engine upgrade to make possible), theoretically it's only a matter of time for this naming system to become a reality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

Apparently everyone forgot that the numerical append naming system is part of the phasing system, because the phasing system would also involve bridging Jericho and Citadel (as in, players can freely travel between districts on the two servers). Since apparently MattScott is still intending to add phasing (despite originally claiming it required tech from the engine upgrade to make possible), theoretically it's only a matter of time for this naming system to become a reality.

Oh god please no. Can't wait to play with 200 ping.

49 minutes ago, Thial said:

Oh god please no. Can't wait to play with 200 ping.

Nah, it won’t be that bad I don’t think. I was able to play on the NA servers when I was living in Germany without lag so it should be fine

If they are going to add phasing, please go the WoW route and just add the server name. 

Adding numbers is ugly and opens the door to "can I customize the number" which then becomes a fight over #0420, #0069, and #0001.

• Like 2

Not just that. People will start stealing identities since you can have any name you want. A server name is a way better solution.

Colby + Joker merge to Jericho went off of character age and then name changes for those who had the older character.

I need no issue with reimplementing that... Especially if you're the first person to use a name then you get to keep it. And if not you're given a free name change to use.

5 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

Colby + Joker merge to Jericho went off of character age and then name changes for those who had the older character.

I need no issue with reimplementing that... Especially if you're the first person to use a name then you get to keep it. And if not you're given a free name change to use.

That was necessary because it was a merge.Here it's not a merge. You will just be able to go to NA from EU and vice versa. The servers will remain separate as otherwise one continent would have to constantly play with crazy ping.

Final Fantasy 14 has this exact system already implemented where you can visit other servers and you have a "Wanderer" added to your name when you are on another server.

Edited by Thial

5 hours ago, Thial said:

That was necessary because it was a merge.Here it's not a merge. You will just be able to go to NA from EU and vice versa. The servers will remain separate as otherwise one continent would have to constantly play with crazy ping.

Final Fantasy 14 has this exact system already implemented where you can visit other servers and you have a "Wanderer" added to your name when you are on another server.

Ah, interesting - I didn't realize that the aim was to preserve servers and be able to jump around. Be neat if they just add "Visitor" or "Contractor" or something that could be explained in Lore.

On 2/25/2023 at 8:54 PM, iRawwwN said:

im setting an ahk to take box#0001 so you can be box#0002

thanks. much love ❤️

On 2/25/2023 at 6:24 PM, StunStick said:

Nah, it won’t be that bad I don’t think. I was able to play on the NA servers when I was living in Germany without lag so it should be fine

Lie.

1 minute ago, MonkaS said:

Lie.

Nah I’m serious, I genuinely didn’t notice any issues, and Germany isn’t exactly known for its high quality internet infrastructure.

5 minutes ago, StunStick said:

Nah I’m serious, I genuinely didn’t notice any issues, and Germany isn’t exactly known for its high quality internet infrastructure.

If that's the case your ping/packet loss must've been high enough that apb's infamous 'lag compensation' kicked in where you get a lag shield, warp around/desync, and kill players with good ping behind walls.

Edited by MonkaS
  • Like 1