Sign in to follow this  
Nickolai

Car Surfing Enabled for Trucks

As stated in the title, maybe one easy solution to restricting the Car Surfer Mod to 195 would be to allow mounting the bed of the T-25/Montane Trucks.

Would give them a purpose and offer lower ranked players to Car Surf without grinding the Joker Tickets on reaching R195 to use the mod. I spent 500 hours grinding my alt to reach that. Most people would be discouraged if they have to go that far for a mod. 

I am unaware of the limiations of the engine, so I look foward to see if any developer would chip in.

I need to stress that there is a bug that if you ride on the bed of a truck there is a 1/4 chance that it will bug out and kill you, something preventing trucks in APB to be viable for Car Surfing. I am saying that from personal experience. 

This bug should be addressed first before considering this change. 

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 11:25 PM, Reprimand said:

Car Surfing should be removed or nerfed. 

Agree with this, even as a user.

Playing against OSMAW car surfers is just... yeah.

Agree with OP's post, think it's a good idea. More vehicle variety is one of many things sorely needed in this game imo, and perhaps an implementation of this + nerfing/reworking car surfer means the Montane & T-25 could be more viable.

Edited by Connor
  • Like 1

On 3/5/2023 at 9:58 AM, Connor said:

Agree with this, even as a user.

Playing against OSMAW car surfers is just... yeah.

Agree with OP's post, think it's a good idea. More vehicle variety is one of many things sorely needed in this game imo, and perhaps an implementation of this + nerfing/reworking car surfer means the Montane & T-25 could be more viable.

Thanks for the support. 

I am all for variety. The Meta is too stale. Just trying to shake things up. Car surfer should have some downside, like maybe slightly less jumping height. 

Hey there, I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish with this post, but I think it's pretty funny. I mean, who wouldn't enjoy reading a post that ridicules someone else? Anyway, I don't think that restricting the Car Surfer Mod to 195 would be a good idea. I think that it would be more beneficial to allow mounting the bed of the T-25/Montane Trucks. This would give players a purpose and offer lower ranked players the opportunity to Car Surf without grinding the Joker Tickets on reaching R195. I spent 500 hours grinding my alt to reach that, and most people would be discouraged if they had to go that far for a mod. I am unaware of the limiations of the engine, so I look forward to see if any developer would chip in. I need to stress that there is a bug that if you ride on the bed of a truck there is a 1/4 chance that it will bug out and kill you, something preventing trucks in APB to be viable for Car Surfing. I am saying that from personal experience. However, this bug should be addressed first before considering this change.