MStomm

I think the current Bounty Systems needs a rework....

3 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

So come at me with a counter proposal on how you'd make it work, instead of a flippant and irrelevant response.

No.

1 hour ago, LilyRain said:

"the last person stopping the enemy team from scoring a win" doesn't really work in APB. The game is against going Rambo (1 man army) against entire teams. He/She will get pushed and killed. Doesn't change the outcome.

I'm not sure how to tell you this but if you have trouble killing 1 person whom you can literally see on the mini-radar in real time, you're probably not good enough to be discussing game balance.

ok this is an absolute silver take. I could absolutely take out whole enemy teams on my own and so could many other people. You won't go far in this game if you will underestimate people just because you can see them on the map.

Even if I won't kill everyone I can at least attempt to stall enough for the team to respawn but giving enemies a wallhack is an unfair disadvantage. Not to mention all randoms being able to rush me now while I'm trying to salvage the mission.

In a good and fair environment there should be no outside influence which could affect a mission. If there is, it will always be abused without exceptions. If you manage to use a spotter or a tagger on me then that's fine but giving people a free wallhack for no reason just because some redundant meter happened to reach level 5 is just bad design.

Give me 1 actual good reason why the bounty system should be brought back without mentioning bs like "it would make districts more active" because that was never a thing. All I see is people desperately trying to enable griefing tools again.

2 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

No.

That's what I thought, fuck outta here with that shit then.

1 hour ago, Thial said:

ok this is an absolute silver take.

I am glad you said that, let's examine yours yet again..

1 hour ago, Thial said:

I could absolutely take out whole enemy teams on my own and so could many other people. You won't go far in this game if you will underestimate people just because you can see them on the map.

Then you shouldn't have any problems but you somehow do, massive ones at that pertaining to "skill issues".

1 hour ago, Thial said:

Even if I won't kill everyone I can at least attempt to stall enough for the team to respawn

You won't, unless your metric is silver/bronze opponents. Basically people that are still learning the ropes. Your grasp of timeframes in this game appear to be massively lacking. There is no "stalling" here. You either wipe the enemy wave or they wipe you.

1 hour ago, Thial said:

but giving enemies a wallhack is an unfair disadvantage. Not to mention all randoms being able to rush me now while I'm trying to salvage the mission.

In a good and fair environment there should be no outside influence which could affect a mission. If there is, it will always be abused without exceptions. If you manage to use a spotter or a tagger on me then that's fine but giving people a free wallhack for no reason just because some redundant meter happened to reach level 5 is just bad design.

Silver takes huh? What do you call this then?

You are fine with spotter/tagger that literally provide actual visual feed in the likes of wallhacks, but you call the bounty system that only shows a star on minimaps "wallhack".... do you even know what wallhacks are, my friend? It isn't bad design at all when it is less prominent than actual mods such as spotter. If Bounty is bad design, you should vouch for the removal of spotter/tagger as well. Till you do, you're not being honest.

1 hour ago, Thial said:

Give me 1 actual good reason why the bounty system should be brought back without mentioning bs like "it would make districts more active" because that was never a thing. All I see is people desperately trying to enable griefing tools again.

I have given many objective reasons that are simply not up for debate, but since this has devolved into a skill conversation then I'll give you a no "bs" one:

The Bounty System should return so you get to learn a valuable lesson. That lesson being Golds (which you believe you are one of) don't really have a problem with the system. People will talk about it for a week or 2 then get back to their lives. Golds will continue to play the game irrespective of being spotted, tagged or being P5/N5. You however will continue to say that people are getting some 'unfair wallhack' & that they are ruining/griefing your mission.

P.S: Griefers can grief anyways. They'll ram your car, ghost & call your position out to their mates, etc. The Bounty System actually gives you a chance to kill griefers, which makes it fun to get back at them every once in a while.

I'm interested in your next wave of nonsense.

Edited by LilyRain

Ignoring the rants. Here is how the bounty system should work (I am always correct):

The way bounties are accrued should be adjusted first of all. 

Notoriety and renown are gained by:

Interacting with NPCs and the out of mission environment.

Completing objectives

Gaining kills

Earning medals

Stopping enemies from completing objectives. 

Bounty 5 should only be earned by:

Kill streaks

Match domination

Creative kills

Instead of players earning bounty for themselves, they should be allowed to infect other players. APB is about strategy, and players need to use whatever they can to win. Why not have the entire team have the ability to activate it once they complete certain conditions? Use a payphone or travel to a contact? It should at least hamper the person using it. 

Imagine this. Players earn notoriety meter and then have to go to a payphone to activate it. Both sides can see it on the map and stop one another using it. It takes say a minute or so to get running to stop player abuse. 

Edited by Reprimand

5 hours ago, LilyRain said:

I am glad you said that, let's examine yours yet again..

Then you shouldn't have any problems but you somehow do, massive ones at that pertaining to "skill issues".

You won't, unless your metric is silver/bronze opponents. Basically people that are still learning the ropes. Your grasp of timeframes in this game appear to be massively lacking. There is no "stalling" here. You either wipe the enemy wave or they wipe you.

Silver takes huh? What do you call this then?

You are fine with spotter/tagger that literally provide actual visual feed in the likes of wallhacks, but you call the bounty system that only shows a star on minimaps "wallhack".... do you even know what wallhacks are, my friend? It isn't bad design at all when it is less prominent than actual mods such as spotter. If Bounty is bad design, you should vouch for the removal of spotter/tagger as well. Till you do, you're not being honest.

I have given many objective reasons that are simply not up for debate, but since this has devolved into a skill conversation then I'll give you a no "bs" one:

The Bounty System should return so you get to learn a valuable lesson. That lesson being Golds (which you believe you are one of) don't really have a problem with the system. People will talk about it for a week or 2 then get back to their lives. Golds will continue to play the game irrespective of being spotted, tagged or being P5/N5. You however will continue to say that people are getting some 'unfair wallhack' & that they are ruining/griefing your mission.

P.S: Griefers can grief anyways. They'll ram your car, ghost & call your position out to their mates, etc. The Bounty System actually gives you a chance to kill griefers, which makes it fun to get back at them every once in a while.

I'm interested in your next wave of nonsense.

The levels of your delusion are fascinating. Based on what you are saying you have clearly never participated in very competitive matches consisting of the best players.

First of all me saying that I can kill the whole team doesn't invalidate the issues with the bounties. Yes I can kill the whole team but when you are a bounty you are not just dealing with the enemy team, you are also dealing with randoms who can for example rush you with cars as a 4 man, spam nades, 85u with hvrs etc. Even if I will survive a fight with my actual enemies I can just get griefed by a random very easily which in return with the terrible spawn system might spawn me 200 meters away and it's gg.

Timeframes, what are you even on about ? You can absolutely stall and play mind games with people, use suppressive fire, spam nades etc. You are going off of an assumption that you are some big hero who just jumps in and kills everyone. Guess what, the best players have respect for each other's skill and they know that they can't do stupid shit or their mistakes will get them punished. Doesn't matter how good you think you are if I'll corner pop you with a csg. Wannabe heroes just get farmed. In high level games people actually stall quite a lot and look for openings to push in an organized fashion.

Now let me educate you on mods. Comparing a bounty to a wallhack is perfectly valid. Every veteran knows the exact layout of every spot so just by seeing you on the map they can immediately tell where you are, no need to actually see you through the wall. By that logic a bounty marker is way more damaging than a spotter since you need to first reveal yourself to be spotted which no experienced player will ever do when they are defending. Additionally the effect of both spotter and tagger lasts only a moment unlike the bounty marker. In a competitive match knowing an exact position of someone is a massive advantage as reaction times often are the deciding factor of who wins.

And no nobody will just forget about the bounty system. If you are saying that everyone will forget then why do you want it enabled in the first place ? It was disabled for very good reasons after the players were frustrated with how it works and it should stay disabled. Your conclusion is basically "people can grief anyway so who cares if they can grief even more". Truly a great conclusion.

Edited by Thial
  • Like 1

the bounty system was changed for 1 main reason. 'to remove bounty by killing same faction players' 

for example, you're in overtime situation for doing immovable objects after eliminate opponents.

but while you doing it  just killed by 'some random bounty players who isn't part of the mission' to remove his bounty and just lost your last chance.

and another example, you're in final mission to assassinate vip or stop the enemies to take the objects and deliever to your point.

however you just got killed by 'some random bounty players who isn't part of the mission' and just lost the last chance.

and similar situation almost same as these but it was 2014 easter egg 'hot cross gun' event. the event that one player equip with 12 rounds rapid fire grenade launcher and lost last chances by him

and that time, that event wasn't seperated to event district and that one player can kill anyone even who wasn't in the event or doing other missions. so later on they seperated the event to event district.

if you're not in mission, and those bounties are opponents, you may ignore or chase the bounty and get revenge if opponent still have bounty. but if you're in mission it just get frustrated,

because you just lost your last chance by 'some random bounty players who isn't part of the mission'

and after the mission you can't revenge those players because he's no longer bounty anymore.

and also imagine about it, some new players who just start this game and jump on to missions.

but they get grief and also get killed by 'some random bounty players who isn't part of the mission' at important moments

after the match the new players just quit. because they think this game is full of griefers and very unfair cause they can't kill the bounties and they will admit it why this game is dead.

if someone who want original bounty system, just play fight club. even match is over, you still can kill other players if you're the bounty or kill other bounties who still have a bounty.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pesto said:

the bounty system was changed for 1 main reason. 'to remove bounty by killing same faction players' 

for example, you're in overtime situation for doing immovable objects after eliminate opponents.

but while you doing it  just killed by 'some random bounty players who isn't part of the mission' to remove his bounty and just lost your last chance.

and another example, you're in final mission to assassinate vip or stop the enemies to take the objects and deliever to your point.

however you just got killed by 'some random bounty players who isn't part of the mission' and just lost the last chance.

and similar situation almost same as these but it was 2014 easter egg 'hot cross gun' event. the event that one player equip with 12 rounds rapid fire grenade launcher and lost last chances by him

and that time, that event wasn't seperated to event district and that one player can kill anyone even who wasn't in the event or doing other missions. so later on they seperated the event to event district.

if you're not in mission, and those bounties are opponents, you may ignore or chase the bounty and get revenge if opponent still have bounty. but if you're in mission it just get frustrated,

because you just lost your last chance by 'some random bounty players who isn't part of the mission'

and after the mission you can't revenge those players because he's no longer bounty anymore.

and also imagine about it, some new players who just start this game and jump on to missions.

but they get grief and also get killed by 'some random bounty players who isn't part of the mission' at important moments

after the match the new players just quit. because they think this game is full of griefers and very unfair cause they can't kill the bounties and they will admit it why this game is dead.

if someone who want original bounty system, just play fight club. even match is over, you still can kill other players if you're the bounty or kill other bounties who still have a bounty.

You could always add an area of effect to ensure that bounty players aren't able to engaged with map wide. And even then you can add conditions to make it so the bounty player can only be hunted by those not in mission.

On 2/25/2023 at 2:16 AM, Thial said:

The levels of your delusion are fascinating. Based on what you are saying you have clearly never participated in very competitive matches consisting of the best players.

Seems like you're describing yourself. I have ARRESTED AND BEATEN some of the best known players around and I would most certainly have no problem arresting you too, thank you.

First of all me saying that I can kill the whole team doesn't invalidate the issues with the bounties. Yes I can kill the whole team but when you are a bounty you are not just dealing with the enemy team, you are also dealing with randoms who can for example rush you with cars as a 4 man, spam nades, 85u with hvrs etc. Even if I will survive a fight with my actual enemies I can just get griefed by a random very easily which in return with the terrible spawn system might spawn me 200 meters away and it's gg.

It does since that was your only argument, which didn't really say a single objective issue about the Bounty System. Just your own personal frustrations of getting owned.

Timeframes, what are you even on about ? You can absolutely stall and play mind games with people, use suppressive fire, spam nades etc. You are going off of an assumption that you are some big hero who just jumps in and kills everyone. Guess what, the best players have respect for each other's skill and they know that they can't do stupid shit or their mistakes will get them punished. Doesn't matter how good you think you are if I'll corner pop you with a csg. Wannabe heroes just get farmed. In high level games people actually stall quite a lot and look for openings to push in an organized fashion.

No, you cannot. The average time to kill in this game is 0.75s. Some weapons kill faster, others do it slower and that is the case in a 1v1 scenario.

You're trying to argue that you alone vs 3-4 other players can hold out till your teammates arrive? The spawn screen alone requires enough seconds for a person to be killed. I guess it is YOU who never participated in "very competitive matches consisting of the best players". You wouldn't last remotely as long as you claim.

Now let me educate you on mods. Comparing a bounty to a wallhack is perfectly valid. Every veteran knows the exact layout of every spot so just by seeing you on the map they can immediately tell where you are, no need to actually see you through the wall. By that logic a bounty marker is way more damaging than a spotter since you need to first reveal yourself to be spotted which no experienced player will ever do when they are defending. Additionally the effect of both spotter and tagger lasts only a moment unlike the bounty marker. In a competitive match knowing an exact position of someone is a massive advantage as reaction times often are the deciding factor of who wins.

And no nobody will just forget about the bounty system. If you are saying that everyone will forget then why do you want it enabled in the first place ? It was disabled for very good reasons after the players were frustrated with how it works and it should stay disabled. Your conclusion is basically "people can grief anyway so who cares if they can grief even more". Truly a great conclusion.

Which is why this is a checkmate against your entire argument but sadly you are incapable of reading...

Yet AGAIN, I repeat: "Golds will continue to play the game irrespective of being spotted, tagged or being P5/N5". You have just confirmed this fact. The Bounty System existing or not won't change anything in this very regard.

And no, the Bounty System is not griefing, it is playing the game. Having it disabled is closer to griefing that not since it enables griefers to do their thing while being virtually God Mode. This should be very easy to understand.

Merged.

On 2/25/2023 at 8:11 AM, pesto said:

No... 

The Bounty System was changed because of 1 person only, a Streamer known as ThePoundOfFlesh.

Edited by LilyRain

5 hours ago, LilyRain said:

Seems like you're describing yourself. I have ARRESTED AND BEATEN some of the best known players around and I would most certainly have no problem arresting you too, thank you.

It does since that was your only argument, which didn't really say a single objective issue about the Bounty System. Just your own personal frustrations of getting owned.

No, you cannot. The average time to kill in this game is 0.75s. Some weapons kill faster, others do it slower and that is the case in a 1v1 scenario.

You're trying to argue that you alone vs 3-4 other players can hold out till your teammates arrive? The spawn screen alone requires enough seconds for a person to be killed. I guess it is YOU who never participated in "very competitive matches consisting of the best players". You wouldn't last remotely as long as you claim.

Which is why this is a checkmate against your entire argument but sadly you are incapable of reading...

Yet AGAIN, I repeat: "Golds will continue to play the game irrespective of being spotted, tagged or being P5/N5". You have just confirmed this fact. The Bounty System existing or not won't change anything in this very regard.

And no, the Bounty System is not griefing, it is playing the game. Having it disabled is closer to griefing that not since it enables griefers to do their thing while being virtually God Mode. This should be very easy to understand.

Like I said, you are delusional. Every time there are valid arguments for the system being bad you are dismissing everything as either subjective or people being bad.

How tf is being car rushed / yolo spammed / hvr tagged by a squad of bounty hunters in the middle of a mission a subjective issue ??? Did you even think for 5 seconds about what you wrote ? No you didn't because all you care about is having the last say. 

Not to mention the 30 iq backflips about there not being stalling in this game. There absolutely is but looks like you haven't figured that out yet. You can absolutely stall for time by running around and holding good angles while getting cheeky kills as people chase, you can spam nades, use items, block points, put mission items in hard to reach spots, play mind games and more. Once you will understand the psychology of people you can predict what people will do and you can use that to your advantage but we both know that you will dismiss that too with some bullshoot like "yeah you can't do shit when you get pushed by a squad because of timeframes".

1 hour ago, Thial said:

Like I said, you are delusional. Every time there are valid arguments for the system being bad you are dismissing everything as either subjective or people being bad.

How tf is being car rushed / yolo spammed / hvr tagged by a squad of bounty hunters in the middle of a mission a subjective issue ??? Did you even think for 5 seconds about what you wrote ? No you didn't because all you care about is having the last say. 

Not to mention the 30 iq backflips about there not being stalling in this game. There absolutely is but looks like you haven't figured that out yet. You can absolutely stall for time by running around and holding good angles while getting cheeky kills as people chase, you can spam nades, use items, block points, put mission items in hard to reach spots, play mind games and more. Once you will understand the psychology of people you can predict what people will do and you can use that to your advantage but we both know that you will dismiss that too with some bullshoot like "yeah you can't do shit when you get pushed by a squad because of timeframes".

You can keep repeating the word "delusional", it is all you can say at this point.

I've given you numerous chances even though you sealed your deal from the get go. You aren't good enough to discuss this and using your frustration from P5/N5 deaths that don't really matter is the ultimate proof, more so you tried to argue that Spotter/Tagger are less 'wallhacky' than the Bounty System.

You're done.

4 hours ago, LilyRain said:

You can keep repeating the word "delusional", it is all you can say at this point.

I've given you numerous chances even though you sealed your deal from the get go. You aren't good enough to discuss this and using your frustration from P5/N5 deaths that don't really matter is the ultimate proof, more so you tried to argue that Spotter/Tagger are less 'wallhacky' than the Bounty System.

You're done.

I don't know how you came to a conclusion that you are winning or that I'm losing while you haven't said a single productive thing other than dismissing everything without providing any counter arguments other than "no you're wrong". I have listed a number of valid issues with the bounty system, how people abuse it and what are the consequences yet all you are arguing about is how good it is while ignoring everything else. You also have a severe lack of understanding strategy and you think that the game boils down to who has a gun with a lower TTK since there's no stalling apparently according to you. 

Yes I have lost... Not to you but my brain cells while reading what you wrote.

• Like 1

Bounty system wasn't good for me in the past. I couldn't get past 10 kills without getting a bounty on my head. Now I can easily reach 15 kills without dying. The bounty system made the game more frustrating and difficult.