Emily

Patch Notes for 1.30 (1355)

Hello everyone,

Today a new patch went live on PC. You can find the Patch Notes below or on the website

BUG FIXES:

Fixed one of the two ways in which Joker Ammo machines can duplicate their audio. Valentine's Day 2023 titles have had their proper pink flare applied to the title.

NEW CONTENT:

Joker Store changes: Added the following early progression mods for purchase with a rank requirement of None:

• Kevlar 1
  • Kevlar 2
  • Kevlar 3
  • Clotting Agent 1
  • Clotting Agent 2
  • Clotting Agent 3
  • Happy Landings 1
  • Happy Landings 2
  • Happy Landings 3

These mods are available for 3 Day or 7 Day leasing. This is an experiment for additional Joker Store content aimed at new players, or veteran players who wish to buy these items on their alts that may not have completed progression. The hope is that a small purchase price or grind is preferable to 'sludging through' early progression where you may not have these modifications available. If this experiment is successful, we will expand this system in the future to rentals of Weapon and Vehicle modifications. We will be monitoring feedback after this patch.

Joker Store Character, Weapon, and Vehicle modifications have a new pricing scheme across the board. Existing "Tier 4" (or 195+) mods are unchanged and the math for previous tiers is based on the existing 'most expensive' Tier 4 lease. Existing Joker Store Character, Weapon, and Vehicle modifications now contain 3 Day lease options that are slightly less discounted compared to their 7 Day counterparts.

New pricing scheme:

Tier 1:

3 Day = 100 (new), 7 Day = 150 (new)

Tier 2:

3 Day = 120 (new), 7 Day = 185 (new)

Tier 3:

3 Day = 140 (new), 7 Day = 215 (new)

Tier 4:

3 Day = 160 (new), 7 Day = 250 (unchanged)

UN-VALENTINES

VDay 2023 has ended. We're no longer seeking love, and have gone back to normal City Security Act business, which is a lot less lovely.

KNOWN ISSUES:

There is still one method in which a Joker Ammo machine's looping audio may break, and we are investigating.

FUNCTIONALITY REMINDER:

• POWER USERS: With the release of 1.30, you are now able to adjust your clients' frames per second (FPS) cap on your own. We do not currently have a UI for this functionality, however, you may manually adjust specific configuration files.
  • Launch APB: Reloaded at least once after you have installed the 1.30 update.
  • Close the game.
  • Navigate to your APB install directory.
  •      For Steam users, this is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common by default.
  •      For GamersFirst users, the folder is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\GamersFirst\Binaries\APB Reloaded\ by default. Within this folder, navigate to "Engine\Config" after patching the game, and open the file called "BaseEngine.ini".
  • Within this file, search for the following section: [Engine.GameEngine]
  • There are two cap types that are able to be modified in this file: "MaxClientFrameRate", and "MaxSmoothedFrameRate". Both of these correspond to the "Smooth Framerate" option in the game's in-game options.
  • MaxClientFrameRate may be 0 (uncapped), or any value above MaxSmoothedFrameRate.
  • MaxSmoothedFrameRate may be any value up to 128.
  • Raising your FPS cap above 145 will worsen existing issues related to running above 128 fps worse – although a common bug known as sliding will happen if your fps is too stable at your current selected cap.
  • Additionally, there is an issue related to high framerates that causes your crosshair to expand with an inaccurate accuracy value. However, this is a purely visual bug, and does not actually affect accuracy.

engine.png 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

nothing excitin..

new anticheat-❌

new matchmaking-❌

new contacts-❌

new voip-❌

not to mention that i run the game pretty much the same like was in 1.20(and is not my pc cause run even bigger games better)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

nothing excitin..

new anticheat-❌

new matchmaking-❌

new contacts-❌

new voip-❌

not to mention that i run the game pretty much the same like was in 1.20(and is not my pc cause run even bigger games better)

I can’t tell if you’re a troll or not, you’ve committed to the bit so well for so long, It’s impressive. 

It’s nice to see you guys focusing on making the new player experience better, along with some QOL stuff for returning players. 

If I could make a suggestion, why not add daily challenges/log-in rewards?  A system like that could go a long way to keep the returning players and make the new player experience a bit better by providing free items.

I suggest you use the existing JMB rewards as randomized prizes for logging in. The opportunity to get free permanent weapons and cars along with short rentals of some Armas weapons or JT packs could be helpful to keep players engaged in the game and returning daily.

I think remember a daily challenge system was implemented a while ago, I think that it was infamous because one of the daily challenges was “kill 10 teammates” or something, which was a terrible idea, but aside from that, having the same challenge for every player for rewards would be fun. 

Edited by StunStick
Added constructive suggestion
  • Like 4

I have had the looping audio bug occur with vehicle spawn machines and the HVAC units on top of various roofs.

Is there a fix for the crackling audio with the Obeya SLR and volcano explosions?

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

nothing excitin..

new anticheat-❌

new matchmaking-❌

new contacts-❌

new voip-❌

At least we're getting actual patches for once

The Joker Vending Machine Audio has not been fixed. Also the phone static for contacts does not exist on mission start still.

Please fix this issues. We do not want to wait another 10 years like when the tracers got broken back in 2013/2014 and we have been waiting till then for a fix. 

Nip it in the bud as soon as you can.

In the next patch we will have some content? For example, new contacts, etc.. 

1 hour ago, StunStick said:

I can’t tell if you’re a troll or not, you’ve committed to the bit so well for so long, It’s impressive. 

It’s nice to see you guys focusing on making the new player experience better, along with some QOL stuff for returning players. 

If I could make a suggestion, why not add daily challenges/log-in rewards?  A system like that could go a long way to keep the returning players and make the new player experience a bit better by providing free items.

I suggest you use the existing JMB rewards as randomized prizes for logging in. The opportunity to get free permanent weapons and cars along with short rentals of some Armas weapons or JT packs could be helpful to keep players engaged in the game and returning daily.

I think remember a daily challenge system was implemented a while ago, I think that it was infamous because one of the daily challenges was “kill 10 teammates” or something, which was a terrible idea, but aside from that, having the same challenge for every player for rewards would be fun. 

Hes definitely gotta be a troll. Any idiot who expects another major update so soon for any of that stuff is.....(ding ding ding), an idiot.

Login rewards would be pog, but they'd have to create a new system out of scratch for it, neither RTW or G1 had a system like that before, so it'd take some time. Although it'd give a good incentive for everyone to log in. But they'd have to be half-decent login rewards too, not shitty 3 day trials for guns or something. Even I have most of the guns aside from reskins, and any guns I dont have are ones Ive trialed that I dont like. I'd say JT packs just to start off would be perfect, then they can edit the rewards or add new ones as they see fit. Maybe like 60 a day, bonus 200 for a week-long streak, and bonus 2000 for a month-long login streak, that way you'd give a good incentive for players to login, as a couple months of purely just logging in, you could perma-buy a 3-slot JT gun. 60x30(days) + 800 (4 week month), +2000 = 4600. Combine that with doing the daily contact activities or Fight Club, that'd be a really good incentive.

9 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

We do not want to wait another 10 years like when the tracers got broken back in 2013/2014 and we have been waiting till then for a fix.

Tracers were intentionally removed "for performance reasons", not bugged.

52 minutes ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Hes definitely gotta be a troll. Any idiot who expects another major update so soon for any of that stuff is.....(ding ding ding), an idiot.

Login rewards would be pog, but they'd have to create a new system out of scratch for it, neither RTW or G1 had a system like that before, so it'd take some time. Although it'd give a good incentive for everyone to log in. But they'd have to be half-decent login rewards too, not shitty 3 day trials for guns or something. Even I have most of the guns aside from reskins, and any guns I dont have are ones Ive trialed that I dont like. I'd say JT packs just to start off would be perfect, then they can edit the rewards or add new ones as they see fit. Maybe like 60 a day, bonus 200 for a week-long streak, and bonus 2000 for a month-long login streak, that way you'd give a good incentive for players to login, as a couple months of purely just logging in, you could perma-buy a 3-slot JT gun. 60x30(days) + 800 (4 week month), +2000 = 4600. Combine that with doing the daily contact activities or Fight Club, that'd be a really good incentive.

Nah, they already have a system for it or at least they did. I can't remember when this was though. I remember everyone being pissed because one of the challenges was literally kill X teammates.

I think that literally just re-using the joker box pool and giving everyone who completes a simple challenge a free pull at a joker box would be decent. You can get permanent cars and weapons that way along with stuff like 30 day trials of guns. Seems like a good way to re-use old features.

For any conceptual daily login system to have any relevance to a veteran like myself, it would need to give significant amounts of APB$ and JT. I already own all the weapons, cars, etc, so such rewards would not be incentives to me. That being said, "significant" in this context would also almost assuredly be more than LO would be willing to provide.

APB$ is only relevant if it's given in amounts that makes it viable to use consumables (which is the only thing that such an income of APB$ has a use for at this point for someone like me). Since consumables cost $2,000 for a pack of 5, and you can very easily use that (if not multiple packs of that) in a single mission, such a login payout would need to be sizeable.

Also no, you do not get enough consumables from end of mission rewards to actually actively use them. All of this is why I adamantly stand on the principle that LO needs to just convert consumables to actual permanent character mods, so that players can actually use them.

The average full mission takes 15-20 minutes, which makes for 3-4 missions per hour. Let's assume an average daily play session of 4 hours, which makes 12-16 missions. Let's assume one pack per mission on average (epipen users generally consume more than one pack, while resupply users generally consume less). That would make for 12-16 packs, which costs $24,000-$32,000. So daily login payout would need to be like $50,000 to be viable as an enticement for me. I play more than 4 hours for a session, generally.

Now let's look at JT. This is easier, because it would be entirely balanced around the legendary gacha. It costs 2,500 JT to pull once on a legendary. Gacha pity is 20 pulls, so 50,000 JT spent. I think it would be fair for a player to be granted a legendary once every 3 months as a reward for consistent logins. So you take the 50,000 JT and divide by an average of 90 days, getting you a daily login payout of 556 (rounded). However, you also can make 90 JT per day from the existing contact daily activity system. If you subtract that from the 556 JT, you get 466 JT. I would say a fair balance on the daily login would be 500 JT, since you aren't always going to min/max 90 JT from the daily activities (some of them are absolutely cancerous to complete, after all).

I already own the weapons you say? Well yea, but legendaries convert into APB$ by selling to other players. Also, theoretically LO will add new legendaries in the future, etc.

So tl;dr- Daily login would have to, at minimum, grant $50,000 and 500 JT, to be an actual incentive for me.

Edited by Hexerin

5 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

For any conceptual daily login system to have any relevance to a veteran like myself, it would need to give significant amounts of APB$ and JT. I already own all the weapons, cars, etc, so such rewards would not be incentives to me. That being said, "significant" in this context would also almost assuredly be more than LO would be willing to provide.

APB$ is only relevant if it's given in amounts that makes it viable to use consumables (which is the only thing that such an income of APB$ has a use for at this point for someone like me). Since consumables cost $2,000 for a pack of 5, and you can very easily use that (if not multiple packs of that) in a single mission, such a login payout would need to be sizeable.

Also no, you do not get enough consumables from end of mission rewards to actually actively use them. All of this is why I adamantly stand on the principle that LO needs to just convert consumables to actual permanent character mods, so that players can actually use them.

The average full mission takes 15-20 minutes, which makes for 3-4 missions per hour. Let's assume an average daily play session of 4 hours, which makes 12-16 missions. Let's assume one pack per mission on average (epipen users generally consume more than one pack, while resupply users generally consume less). That would make for 12-16 packs, which costs $24,000-$32,000. So daily login payout would need to be like $50,000 to be viable as an enticement for me. I play more than 4 hours for a session, generally.

Now let's look at JT. This is easier, because it would be entirely balanced around the legendary gacha. It costs 2,500 JT to pull once on a legendary. Gacha pity is 20 pulls, so 50,000 JT spent. I think it would be fair for a player to be granted a legendary once every 3 months as a reward for consistent logins. So you take the 50,000 JT and divide by an average of 90 days, getting you a daily login payout of 556 (rounded). However, you also can make 90 JT per day from the existing contact daily activity system. If you subtract that from the 556 JT, you get 466 JT. I would say a fair balance on the daily login would be 500 JT, since you aren't always going to min/max 90 JT from the daily activities (some of them are absolutely cancerous to complete, after all).

I already own the weapons you say? Well yea, but legendaries convert into APB$ by selling to other players. Also, theoretically LO will add new legendaries in the future, etc.

So tl;dr- Daily login would have to, at minimum, grant $50,000 and 500 JT, to be an actual incentive for me.

If you think they're going to give out 500jt or 50k daily, you're on something pretty crazy, and i want some too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StunStick said:

If you think they're going to give out 500jt or 50k daily, you're on something pretty crazy, and i want some too.

7 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

That being said, "significant" in this context would also almost assuredly be more than LO would be willing to provide.

Try reading the literal first part of the post.

Some extra daily rewards would be fun while we are waiting for more content, this 64-bit upgrade is pretty cool.

If i have to be honest game runs a bit better after this patch.Still players mention in chat the stutter dou(garbage collection whatever dat is)and we talk about players with high end pcs as well.Anyway ill play till the end other thing is dat with the pace we r gettin this updates gonna take forever for the  basic systems-we wait for years-to get upgraded.Probably they have little people workin on apb,s.t.f.u etc and they split between this games.Havin in mind how complicated apb is..fixin the half of 1 bug for 2 weeks idk...

Edited by TheMessiah

11 hours ago, StunStick said:

Only issue with this is that i believe these systems are still broken.  A lot of them broke at some point and just haven't been fixed.  With how small the current team is i'd assume the focus is on fixing bugs and creating content.

just make an option for R195 modifications perm maybe 500 jt for untradeable.

On 2/22/2023 at 6:52 PM, TheMessiah said:

nothing excitin..

new anticheat-❌

new matchmaking-❌

new contacts-❌

new voip-❌

No wonder you didn't tag me in the post. I'd feel embarrassed too. 

Merged.

On 2/22/2023 at 10:32 PM, Hexerin said:

The point of a daily login is to give incremental rewards, not pay for your entire play experience. If you already have all the weapons, cars and vehicles why not just buy consumables? 

11 minutes ago, Reprimand said:

The point of a daily login is to give incremental rewards, not pay for your entire play experience. If you already have all the weapons, cars and vehicles why not just buy consumables? 

You can't buy APB$, and the game doesn't supply enough APB$ through gameplay to support the excessively high $2,000 price tag on consumables. As I wrote out, a stack of 5 epipens is used multiple times over in a standard mission, and that mission gives at most $3,000 on a win (a fraction of that on loss). That per mission payout also pays for car spawning costs, ammo costs, etc, so you only get a portion of it that can be spent on something like consumables. Additionally, the after mission random reward thing is random, giving anything from literally nothing to JT to single consumables, etc.

It is literally impossible to maintain a supply of consumables for active usage.

9 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

You can't buy APB$, and the game doesn't supply enough APB$ through gameplay to support the excessively high $2,000 price tag on consumables. As I wrote out, a stack of 5 epipens is used multiple times over in a standard mission, and that mission gives at most $3,000 on a win (a fraction of that on loss). That per mission payout also pays for car spawning costs, ammo costs, etc, so you only get a portion of it that can be spent on something like consumables. Additionally, the after mission random reward thing is random, giving anything from literally nothing to JT to single consumables, etc.

It is literally impossible to maintain a supply of consumables for active usage.

Tbh is this even a bad thing? A lot of players just ez mode through green gas and epi to run away after taking a few bullets. Kill more, earn more. It's a reasonable cost to stop players spamming it every mission. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SkittyM said:

Only issue with this is that i believe these systems are still broken.  A lot of them broke at some point and just haven't been fixed.  With how small the current team is i'd assume the focus is on fixing bugs and creating content.

Ah, that’s a bummer.

Now that you mention it, I do remember the challenges requiring a lot of manual intervention from Gamersfirst to give out the prizes because they didn’t work very well, that’s a good point.

I'm really happy that there has finally been a substantial update and hope for the future.

That said, it's a rather a chore to actually log in to the game. I generally need four or five attempts before I actually get into a district. Here's hoping that that's high on the list of future fixes.

Keep up the good work LO! APB still has so much unrealized potential.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Reprimand said:

Tbh is this even a bad thing? A lot of players just ez mode through green gas and epi to run away after taking a few bullets. Kill more, earn more. It's a reasonable cost to stop players spamming it every mission. 

Yes, it is, because as things currently stand matches are being imbalanced by situations of one side having access to consumables while the other side does not. This is not player fault, but a badly designed game system. LO needs to either make consumables readily accessible so that they are always available for active usage, convert them to permanent player mods, or just flat out remove them entirely.

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

Yes, it is, because as things currently stand matches are being imbalanced by situations of one side having access to consumables while the other side does not. This is not player fault, but a badly designed game system. LO needs to either make consumables readily accessible so that they are always available for active usage, convert them to permanent player mods, or just flat out remove them entirely.

I'm max capped on every consumable and have even more sitting in my mailbox. Feels good.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit