Reprimand

Game toxicity is too much

There are a lot of abusive and toxic players in this game who will complain at you, teamkill you and mess with you on purpose and you're forced to play with them for the rest of the match. 

I think improving the matchmaking would help but there definitely needs to be a better incentive to be kind to players, especially newer ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Worse part is dat if ur not gold and gold see u in hes team-leaves the mission in a flash and u get dispatch against golds.Happens in almost every mission..

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Thanks 2

Well.. a good solution for those two problems in my opinion would be:

1) For those that use the /abandonmission, could have a cooldown, like, you could leave the mission but then you wouldn't be able to use again in 30 minutes or  1 hour ,or an agressive way to avoid this behaivor would be to penalize the player

2) For the griefers problem, a simple solution would be to tempban the players. Currently if you kill your teammates 4 times, you get kicked from the server and then you're able to join again (sometimes used to leave the mission). Instead of this what LO could do is, if you kill 4 teammates you would get 30 minutes ban, then if in the same week you kill 4 more, you will get a 1 hour ban, and so on, at the end of the week those bans would reset, so if you in a week just got baaned for 30 minutes, if you don't teamkill more in that week, in the next you get a reset.

Edit for solution 2: if i players get's 5 tembans in a week they would get a permanent ban for griefing.

Edited by Vasco14

23 minutes ago, Vasco14 said:

1) For those that use the /abandonmission, could have a cooldown, like, you could leave the mission but then you wouldn't be able to use again in 30 minutes or  1 hour ,or an agressive way to avoid this behaivor would be to penalize the player

2) For the griefers problem, a simple solution would be to tempban the players. Currently if you kill your teammates 4 times, you get kicked from the server and then you're able to join again (sometimes used to leave the mission). Instead of this what LO could do is, if you kill 4 teammates you would get 30 minutes ban, then if in the same week you kill 4 more, you will get a 1 hour ban, and so on, at the end of the week those bans would reset, so if you in a week just got baaned for 30 minutes, if you don't teamkill more in that week, in the next you get a reset.

Edit for solution 2: if i players get's 5 tembans in a week they would get a permanent ban for griefing.

I think it would be better if the game could tell when you're trying to kill your team or when it's crossfire. 

Some players will full on just blast you to death and others will tap you a couple times to get you to stop what you're doing. 

50 minutes ago, Reprimand said:

I think it would be better if the game could tell when you're trying to kill your team or when it's crossfire. 

Some players will full on just blast you to death and others will tap you a couple times to get you to stop what you're doing. 

Yes, but that is not a easy task, even big games like CS:GO for example has that system, if you kill someone from your team (intentional or by mistake) you will still get a penalization

33 minutes ago, Vasco14 said:

you will still get a penalization

ya war thunder is that way, couple stray shots n u get a warning, n if u persist you are kicked from the mission/sent back to the Hanger/home.

but i dont think it would work the same here. too easy to accidently kill a tm. 

You could drop a nade as your going down, you tm comes sliding in in his vegas, n boom he's killed by the nade n u getta demerit. 

I dont get too many tk on me, cuz if they do Ill go Bezerk n help the other team out, n clown out the mission.

Allot of times the new player is tk cuz he wants to do the objective before opp is called, meaning less progression xp in general.

So this would rob the whole team of decent xp, and it robs the veteran of opportunity for kills, joker tagging ect.

The system we have is already exploited, they will plink at you to make u made enough to tk them, n soon as u get 1 full demerit,

the team leader will kick you. This can be exploited both ways, say i dont like a person n dont wanna play with him n he the team leader.

Well all i have to do to leave the mish without  RQ is go kill him, n troll him till he kicks you. 

Can of Worms if you ask me. 

On 2/20/2023 at 9:51 AM, Reprimand said:

There are a lot of abusive and toxic players in this game who will complain at you, teamkill you and mess with you on purpose and you're forced to play with them for the rest of the match. 

I think improving the matchmaking would help but there definitely needs to be a better incentive to be kind to players, especially newer ones.

Restore the free teamkick could be the only option.
Was abused when there was district with different threat levels, but now could be useful.

On 2/20/2023 at 12:48 PM, TheMessiah said:

Worse part is dat if ur not gold and gold see u in hes team-leaves the mission in a flash and u get dispatch against golds.Happens in almost every mission..

Well yeah, I'm not wasting 20 minutes waiting for opp only to get teammates that use their toes to play.

Merged.

On 2/20/2023 at 1:20 PM, Vasco14 said:

1) Dumb idea. Let's penalize players! There are many missions in apb that are just NOT FUN. There are opp that you just KNOW you're gonna get again so /a works wonders. Try again.

2)  That's not a simple solution. Teammates can intentionally troll you and get you a ban? Totally won't be abused by some of the... *ahem* less than desirables in this community. Maybe if you TK the same player X amount of times then something may happen but what if they're your buddy? What if you're grouped? What if you're NOT grouped but still troll with them? Should LO implement a 'forgive' button?

How about we just get some actual ACTIVE ADMINS?

y'all are softies. if ur getting bullied shut the game down and do something else. you're on a computer, hell you can even TURN OFF the computer and do some productive IRL things.

On 2/20/2023 at 6:48 AM, TheMessiah said:

This happens regardless of threat. It's usually because it's a VIP mission or one of the Cisco / Vegas delivery missions.

50 minutes ago, ZoriaDunne said:

Soo... just ignore them?

Listen. You can't ignore a player who shoots you on purpose, crashes into you and sabotages the match to get you to lose. I'm talking about in game moderation. Please do more. 

8 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

y'all are softies. if ur getting bullied shut the game down and do something else. you're on a computer, hell you can even TURN OFF the computer and do some productive IRL things.

No we're not and we aren't. We deserve to enjoy the game the same way you do. You don't know what we do or how our time is spent and some of us enjoy the downtime of playing APB without receiving unnecessary abuse. When you allow toxicity it just spreads. Stop putting the onus on the people not creating the problem, ffs.

8 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

Restore the free teamkick could be the only option.
Was abused when there was district with different threat levels, but now could be useful.

Agreed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Everyone knows APB is a dead game full of trolls. 

Logging on once in a while to witness this provides for a great catharsis of pity and disgust - kinda like volunteering for the city or going on a humanitarian mission. 

If you are looking for sustained gameplay I would recommend playing a high-quality game with friends or a good community. 

Edited by Tumbies
Name-and-shame

On 2/20/2023 at 9:51 AM, Reprimand said:

Been like this forever.

Bring back segregation, modify threat-rank factors to be purely kill based, absolutely screw players who are not in the appropriate district in matchmaking, absolutely screw players who are facing a lower threat group in matchmaking.

Will still be toxic.