rekkielrecckiel

My thoughts on bans

Hello APB community,

As you can see my name is Rekkielrecckiel, short Rekkiel or recckiel. whatever sounds best for you. 

I have been active in APB since the beginning of time it feels like. 2012 when i started this adventure, this LONG adventure. 

Maybe thousands of hours on the Gamersfirst launcher and another almost 2000 on Steam, so much time, energy and of course money.

And it wasn't enough for me, i wanted more. I wanted to be the best, together with my friends.

So the smart man i am, installed something that might help him. a crosshair plugin. have a nice dot in the middle of the screen at all times. 

That went GREAT lol.

My game crashed one day and i called it a day. Several weeks later i came back and wanted to login again only to find out the following message:

Account login failed!
This account has been permanently suspended (error code 10008).

Welp that was it for rekkiel. After some try's to contact Battleye and APB support, nothing helps ofcourse.

now here is the thing i actually trying to ask!

WHY perm bans?

isn't it hard enough to not being able to login on your escape from life for 2 years? 

After 9 years of playing, i make one mistake and its over forever. and even though Little Orbit says they would exam every case with care, they won't. This is what they said in 2018:

7) How do we handle cheaters when we detect them?
Based on APB's history, I didn't feel we could permanently auto-ban cheaters based on any of the systems mentioned above.

We do temp ban for a window long enough that my staff can review the data and then decide whether to extend the ban or remove it.

All i'm trying to say with this post is, i learned my lesson. But this punishment, its to harsh.

kind regards, recckielrekkiel.

I have moved this topic to the Social District (General Discussion) section of our forums.

- Azukii

11 hours ago, rekkielrecckiel said:

So the smart man i am, installed something that might help him. a crosshair plugin. have a nice dot in the middle of the screen at all times.

Crosshairs are allowed so long as you are not altering game files to add it.
I use Hudsight.

I'm guessing "plugin" in this context means something that hooks into the game. It most likely is used by other cheats. You can't fault Little Orbit or Battleye for that.

what exactly was the plugin? 

18 hours ago, BlatMan said:

I'm guessing "plugin" in this context means something that hooks into the game. It most likely is used by other cheats. You can't fault Little Orbit or Battleye for that.

I am not saying there are wrong. Just saying its harsh to give a perm ban for this.

18 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I use Hudsight.

Thats the thing yes. I did

Merged.

17 hours ago, glaciers said:

what exactly was the plugin? 

I think its was, chrats crosshair plugin or something like that, its a while ago.

19 hours ago, Azukii said:

I have moved this topic to the Social District (General Discussion) section of our forums.

- Azukii

i must of been gone for a looong time, since when is talking about bans allowed?

wow times have changed

16 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I use Hudsight.

they are?

46 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

they are?

Matt has stated that the community wants them and he's fine with them being used as long as they aren't editing files like shader files to add them to the game because most gaming monitors nowadays let you add one, they can't stop you from taping something in the middle of your monitor etc. So yes, using programs like Hudsight is permitted and is EXTREMELY unlikely to be what got OP banned.

1 hour ago, Frosi said:

Matt has stated that the community wants them and he's fine with them being used as long as they aren't editing files like shader files to add them to the game because most gaming monitors nowadays let you add one, they can't stop you from taping something in the middle of your monitor etc. So yes, using programs like Hudsight is permitted and is EXTREMELY unlikely to be what got OP banned.

His statement wasn't "because we can't stop you from using an overlay or bit of tape on the monitor" etc. He stated that he's okay with it because it's an expected feature in modern shooters (especially competitive ones) and something he wants as an actual ingame feature at some point anyways. The reasoning for telling us to not do it via file edits (shader crosshair, etc) is because the anticheat is watching for file edits (because shader edits can do things that are cheating like removing the obscuring dust cloud from grenade explosions, etc) and would likely slap the player with a suspension/ban if they did so.

4 hours ago, ShaiShai said:

i must of been gone for a looong time, since when is talking about bans allowed?

wow times have changed

Ever since the new forums and rules were introduced.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ShaiShai said:

wow times have changed

I think its nice to be able to talk about it. Ofcourse its not gonna change anything, but people can see what NOT to do in APB lol.

And who knows does LittleOrbit someday realize that this issue is not worth a permban

3 hours ago, rekkielrecckiel said:

this issue is not worth a permban

To be fair, we don’t know what actually got you banned as it was likely not a crosshair overlay.

Edited by CookiePuss

On 2/19/2023 at 4:45 PM, CookiePuss said:

I use Hudsight.

Do you happen to know/remember what restrictions are imposed for the unregistered version of that?

On 2/21/2023 at 1:35 PM, CookiePuss said:

To be fair, we don’t know what actually got you banned as it was likely not a crosshair overlay.

Well like i said in the first post. It was a crosshair plugin. So it basically adds a file in the gamefolder, that is the problem. We are not aloud to add or change something that doesn't belong there. which is ofcourse completely understandable.