Ritual

02/15 Maintenance Announcement

Hello everyone,

On Wednesday (02/15), we will hold a standard APB maintenance for the PC and console starting at 9 AM UTC. It is expected to last up to 4 hours, and it will be followed by the game patch 1.30.0.838841, which will squish some pesky bugs: 

• Fixed an issue where trade locks were broken in the previous update.
  • Fixed a problem with a tiny memory leak that would add up over time.
  • Fixed an issue in Character Customization where assets would sometime refuse to load.

Other known issues:

• A known server crash may have been introduced in the previous (1.30) build. We're investigating it.
  • There is a potential resource handle leak we're investigating. Some players have worked around this issue by using "Alt-Enter" to change their resolution to fullscreen and back to fullscreen windowed again.
  • There is an issue where Valentine's Day titles do not appear pink. This will be corrected in next week's update.
  • Some additional material/environment sounds have been identified where they are too loud. In some cases, this is a longstanding issue and will be corrected.

As always, we thank you for your patience during this period!

P.S: This thread has been cross-posted from Game Updates for convenience.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I hope you're about to reintroduce the threat segregated servers again.

I think the flow of higher population right now allows to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ellix said:

I hope you're about to reintroduce the threat segregated servers again.

I think the flow of higher population right now allows to.

Dethreaters will make sure that the increase in population will go down again. Their presence destroys missions in the stronger district in order to forcefully dethreat, then further make newbie-life hell on the weaker districts.

Please no, never again. Dethreaters should have their fair-share of the real-world like everyone else.

Edited by LilyRain
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

59 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

Dethreaters will make sure that the increase in population will go down again. Their presence destroys missions in the stronger district in order to forcefully dethreat, then further make newbie-life hell on the weaker districts.

Please no, never again. Dethreaters should have their fair-share of the real-world like everyone else.

You're right, but something needs to be done about the unbalanced matchmaking nevertheless.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AutumnSan said:

You're right, but something needs to be done about the unbalanced matchmaking nevertheless.

Indeed. LO's latest plan is Phasing between adjacent districts but I'm not sure how well that will go or take to be ready.

4 hours ago, LilyRain said:

Indeed. LO's latest plan is Phasing between adjacent districts but I'm not sure how well that will go or take to be ready.

That required the engine upgrade, which LO has cancelled. Thus, it will never happen.

22 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

That required the engine upgrade, which LO has cancelled. Thus, it will never happen.

as I understand it phasing is still a goal

6 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I love your sarcasm. Last time I checked 64-bit was Live. All the code we have in 2.x is now compatible.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 10

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

I love your sarcasm. Last time I checked 64-bit was Live. All the code we have in 2.x is now compatible.

I must admit, my confidence in LO was at an all time low before 64bit dropped. I have hope now for a better future for APB Reloaded.

The APB community has always been given promises while nothing significant was ever delivered. I don’t blame him for reacting that way but I think we should all take a moment and appreciate what LO has done for us now and not just drop the game.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, MattScott said:

What about locker slot // Like weapon locker slot there are many people Like me that cant take weapon from mail after buying im armas becouse dont have space ... ?

5 hours ago, MattScott said:

Thank you Matt and LO for everything you have done. 

You could have dropped the game during these hard and troubled times, but after all the obstacles you still delivered. 

I am optimistic for the future of APB.

• Like 4

I've been optimistic for the future of APB:Reloaded since 2014. 

'Hope' is a quite different thing 😉

12 hours ago, MattScott said:

You guys may want to add some new content next patch either a new vehicle or the new contacts (I understand you pulled a lot of the rewards out but just cap the contacts max level lower until you can make more rewards). You should do at least one big content drop before upgrading to 2.x since that's still a ways away it'll give you guys a few months to continue bug fixing without worry of the population doing a nose dive.

Edited by MonkaS

Matt/LO have question.

I saw in game chat some1 is typin about the reason for the stutters some players still experience when move around.He mention about this ram cache clearing and that the game must switch from current storage dumb caching to pure ram based cache.But was too complicated

So my question is:now when we have this reworked code-this matter gonna be looked in future or is still too complicated?

• Like 1

(I know it's kind of a drag to keep opening new topics and I understand that the telephone is glowing red-hot now xD

but I wanted to ask if it was possible for anyone to get any program that uses a 'game(window)capture' so far to get APB Reloaded on the screen there, Personally I use Streamlabs but as of yet I have been unable to get APB Reloaded on the gamecapture view. I would really, really, really LOVE to stream APB Reloaded again :3)

21 hours ago, MattScott said:

does that mean 2.0 is still part of the roadmap? would love to see APB's graphics updated to be near modern some day

On 2/15/2023 at 6:07 AM, MattScott said:

i dont get the need for a smart arse answer when it took you 5 years to get where you are now, but hey it is something to be proud of, right?

On 2/15/2023 at 1:07 AM, MattScott said:

Hexerin has made quite a lot of questionable posts over the years. Best to ignore them for your own sanity. 🙃

Reloaded said it was impossible to upgrade to 64 bit, that it required a newer engine, and yet here we are. It doesn't even use much more system resources. It's still the same janky game, but I wouldn't say that's a bad thing. Slow improvements is better than no improvements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlatMan said:

Hexerin has made quite a lot of questionable posts over the years. Best to ignore them for your own sanity.

ccebb593996f00a6ee6c8f61b5692ec1.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hexerin said:

ccebb593996f00a6ee6c8f61b5692ec1.jpg

IM EXCITED FOR NEXT UNUSED JOKER BOX WEAPON

I've asked questions and criticized the release of this 64 bit upgrade. I also haven't made any purchases. Idk what you're on about. If a company does something you like, the least you can do is let them know you like it.

Edited by BlatMan

On 2/14/2023 at 10:07 PM, MattScott said:

So we can expect that queue system for district joining to be fast tracked then, right? Cause that's probably one of the easiest to implement things out of all the promised features of the engine upgrade.

220fe179d79fb63b4afb9f766d26b168.png

Also, where are the tracers? Literally the one thing I was actually looking forward to...

• Like 1