Sign in to follow this  
FinnTheHuman

RTX Performance Issues

Hello,

I'm a seasoned player who took a break due to persistent issues with RTX cards and frequent crashes, I'm excited to return now that the recent x64 update promises to resolve these problems. However, I'm currently facing a new challenge in the form of a significant drop in frame rate. While I am able to run smoothly at 120 fps when standing still, the moment I move my camera, the frame rate drops dramatically to a sluggish 10-15 fps, rendering the game unplayable.

Here are my hardware specs:

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version    10.0.19045 Build 19045
OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation
System Type    x64-based PC
System SKU    SKU
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

Graphics Processor    RTX 2080
BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends Inc. 2201, 5/27/2019
SMBIOS Version    3.0
Embedded Controller Version    255.255
BIOS Mode    UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product    ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING
BaseBoard Version    Rev X.0x
PCR7 Configuration    Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory    C:\Windows
System Directory    C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device    \Device\HarddiskVolume4
Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "10.0.19041.2251"
Time Zone    Central Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory    31.9 GB
Available Physical Memory    24.1 GB
Total Virtual Memory    41.4 GB
Available Virtual Memory    31.0 GB

Things I've tried:

1. Booting into safe mode and uninstalling graphics drivers with DDU

2. Reinstalling NVidia graphics drivers to latest version using GeForce Experience

3. Ran a scan for corrupt files

4. Ran a Virus scan

5. Ran disk integrity check

6. Ran the repair on the APB launcher

7. Re installed APB from steam

8. Tried uncapping frame rate in config file as directed by the news post

9. Tried changing every graphics setting (V-Sync, Smooth frame rate, etc.)

Any help would be appreciated!

• Like 1

I have the same issue anyone figure it out how to solve this suttering?

Edited by Toolmaker

what OS version ? Home or Pro? 32bit or 64Bit 

Known causes, screen overlays, 

Steam, discord some capture software, hardware monitoring  etc can cause issues with fps ingame.  same goes for microsoft xbox overlay

Windows 10 go to os display options and check your os is setting the display at the correct fps. 

windows 11 , in start bar type "advanced display"  some times w11 can incorrectly set fps  even though NVC will show it at its max default.

Sometimes running the game on OS storage device can have issues depending how and what you have setup, having the game on a secondary storage device/ssd (sata 3 i find is better then M.2) 

If you running the game with Steam you can simply move the game and reload with steam library. 

The following is guidance at your own risk 

things to double check: 

Direct X  is installed  ( get Direct X direct from microsoft)

NetFrameWork is installed ( Get NtFramework direct from microsoft) 

Things to test : 

Nvidia control panel

1. Tab > adjust settings with preview -  set to = "use advanced 3d image settings" 

2 tab > Manage 3d settings  -  second tab "program settings"  "add"  Find apb reloaded, or by browsing locating game exe Not Launcher. 

2.a .   (options here may vary due to gpu type)   

if you have a Gsync or free sync compatible monitor set "monitor Tech" = G-Sync Compatible"

if you do not have gsync monitor  select "vertical sync" = on. 

you can also set "max frame rate" to equal your requirement of monitor 60hz 60fps or 144 to 144, but the games default max is 100, although people do uncap it,. no need. 

2.b. check tab "set up Gsync if you have it show, make sure if you have a compatible monitor that this is to "enable gsync / compatible  option 2 = Enable for window and full screen mode. 

Game pre load, I have the launcher start in Admin mode.  

Ingame graphics options 

you can run the game in window mode first with 1/3 of your screen side. so if your default is 1440 go to 1080 , if you are 1080 go to 720 . turn off vsync in game as we have told the NVC to do this for you,  enable smooth frame rate, 

advanced options:

You should be able to enable all options except for "low quality health hud" "render eye lashes", Anisotropy and AA.   with "bloom" active you may need to reduce brightness. 

if the game is fine. then go to "full screen" at the same res, if this works go to native res. 

let me know how you get on. 

• Like 1

I would guess it's not directly an issue with rtx 2080. There has to be something else going on.  But with out being in your shoes it could be anything.  The only thing you havnt done in your list is a fresh os install. But if it's only one game your having issues with it prob isn't worth it. 

Say that I always do a fresh os install to the latest OS version approx every 12 months. So if it's been awhile . Back up your files and go for it. 

• Like 1

I made a fresh installation 2 months ago when i got upgraded my PC

BTW its 10 Pro 64bit

RTX 3060

Ryzen 5 7600x

16GB DDR5 5200 ADATA HUNTER

Edited by Toolmaker

its difficult to say what your issue is directly or what the resolve could be.  I definitely wouldn't right now say its only RTX based.    You could by all means get another "non" rtx card go through the whole process of unistall reinstall etc to see if your game runs. yes this would prove there is an issue related to the "Graphics" hardware software bla.   I know JayTwoCents did a video this year showing GPUs to be half dead out the box. but you would be seeing similar issues in other titles. Which would mean its not an APB issue. 

IF you can..  Do all the steps you do to recreate the issue. So load apb , play it or what ever you do.    the moment you get the game crash or what ever you get. do two things..  oh and take note of the system time when your back on desktop or if your watch/phone is around the same minute.

Go to start type  "Event viewer"  and open it, wait for it to load, it can take some time.   once it has, left hand panel, open "custom views" then Click once on "administrative Events"  and find the "time zone" your game stopped, if shown locate APB.exe Or any Red X events relating to the game or Graphics. 

You can Also do this with Side tab Windows Logs / Applications.  for the game or EAC issues    and / System for drivers or hardware issues. 

If you see anything relateing take a screen shot.. and upload to your thread. 

Also, run the game, the ALt Tab out, go to start Type "dxdiag" and run it.   on the main window you will see 3 options on the bottom,  second being "save information" do this and uploaded it to a secure cloud, like google drive or other.  then paste a "read only" link to the same thread (or if your concerned about who can read it, send the link direct to my profile).   Do not copy and past the file to your thread. it will be very long., 

Edited by Sgt Drayke
  • Like 1

I have the same issue when HPET is enabled. Try disabling HPET in Windows and in the BIOS, if available. I don't see it listed in your motherboard's manual (ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING)

For Windows:

- Run command prompt as Administrator (or PowerShell as admin), type "bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock" without quotes > press enter.

- Next go to your device manager (right click on start button > device manager) > system devices > right click high precision event timer > disable driver).

To enable HPET:

- Type "bcdedit /set useplatformclock true" in command prompt or powershell, and enable hpet in device manager.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/afyx1f/psa_disable_hpet_high_precision_event_timer_for/

https://www.minitool.com/news/disable-hpet.html

On 5/21/2023 at 12:44 AM, BlatMan said:

I have the same issue when HPET is enabled. Try disabling HPET in Windows and in the BIOS, if available. I don't see it listed in your motherboard's manual (ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING)

For Windows:

- Run command prompt as Administrator (or PowerShell as admin), type "bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock" without quotes > press enter.

- Next go to your device manager (right click on start button > device manager) > system devices > right click high precision event timer > disable driver).

To enable HPET:

- Type "bcdedit /set useplatformclock true" in command prompt or powershell, and enable hpet in device manager.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/afyx1f/psa_disable_hpet_high_precision_event_timer_for/

https://www.minitool.com/news/disable-hpet.html

I tried what you suggested and no luck so far.

I start using lazer config and its litle better.

Before the config i was dropping -20fps and freezes like 0.3sec in every 4-5min 

Now its like not noticeable its still there but not like freeezes 0.3sec its like 0.1sec