kobvlt

[Updated] Custom shaders Not allowed & Advanced Launcher is now OK to use, for now.

From the most recent Blog post: Two week update: Q&A notes from my stream

Will GamersFirst approve the use of shader configs or the Advanced Launcher?

No. This is a super slippery slope.

Once we allow players to modify parts of the game, then how do we detect cheater-based changes from these more innocuous changes? That makes our investment into Battleye useless.

However, I do believe GamersFirst needs to solve the problems that these things address. We need to allow players to change the color of the crosshairs in-game for colorblind people. We need to add a lower graphics processor setting to help people with less powerful machines.

[UPDATE] 5/29/2018

It has been announced by Matt that the Advance launcher is ok to use now.

Edited by TR3NT
Updating info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use advanced launcher and cpu cores, I agree with his decision, do you want us to debate it or something?

Just now, Assassiana said:

What's the point of this thread exactly?

Op is farming dislikes, dislike him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

I use advanced launcher and cpu cores, I agree with his decision, do you want us to debate it or something?

1 minute ago, Assassiana said:

What's the point of this thread exactly?

Just for Future point of reference if someone searches the forum and wants to know if these things are allowed or not.

2 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

Op is farming dislikes, dislike him.

plz dont.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TR3NT said:

Just for Future point of reference if someone searches the forum and wants to know if these things are allowed or not.

plz dont.

He is right in what he says, advanced launcher should be part of the game, there is a clear advantage when I use it. The reason I use it, is because of the weird stutter / blip I get in gun fights, it seems to stop when I use it. What's weird, even if I use the launcher to play on ultra, I get no stutter on ultra. Something is messed up in the config/settings of the game.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TR3NT said:

I guess that's fair, but it's not really needed.

I'm sure the APB Advanced Launcher will be discontinued by it's developer if/when LO decides to add the features of the launcher into the main game.

EDIT: Or if they officially announce that the APB Advanced Launcher isn't allowed.

Edited by Assassiana

Whether the Advanced APB launcher has helped low-end PC players to improve their gameplay experience, a game like APB Reloaded should not need a third party software to allow low-end PC players to enjoy the game. I applaud this approach in the hope the game performance will be improved allowing every member to equally enjoy the game.

Edited by PGAW67
  • Like 2

Just now, Assassiana said:

I guess that's fair, but it's not really needed.

I'm sure the APB Advanced Launcher will be discontinued by it's developer if/when LO decides to add the features of the launcher into the main game.

The person who made the Advanced Launcher hasn't updated it since 2015 but it still works. so it probably still be out there even when LO add similar options to APB 

Just now, TR3NT said:

The person who made the Advanced Launcher hasn't updated it since 2015 but it still works. so it probably still be out there even when LO add similar options to APB 

We'll see. I'm sure something will happen to it if these changes happen, though.

So just so we're clear, if you're using the Advanced Launcher, you should probably stop, right?

1 minute ago, TheAceNinja said:

So just so we're clear, if you're using the Advanced Launcher, you should probably stop, right?

u safe bro

no worry

2 minutes ago, TheAceNinja said:

after correcting my info, From the stream Matt said he doesn't recommend using it until it gets a thorough scan through Battleye first.

Source: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/265424620?t=00h47m32s

oof

hopefully they still allow it, it really makes the game much easier to play with everything being potato and chars being max

1 hour ago, Puffdragon said:

The reason I use it, is because of the weird stutter / blip I get in gun fights, it seems to stop when I use it. What's weird, even if I use the launcher to play on ultra, I get no stutter on ultra. Something is messed up in the config/settings of the game.

what's your pc specs? because i'm suffering from the same issue yet it doesn't stop whether i use potato graphics setup or on ultras.

Honestly, if LO integrates the features of the advanced launcher into the actual game (while HOPEFULLY IMPROVING THE SERVER HARDWARE.), we probably wouldn't need it.

• Like 1

the ONLY thing the "Advanced Launcher" does is changing your APBCompat.ini and APBMachineOptions.ini.

so if LO excludes those files from the BattleEye scan it should be gucci.

(that is if battleeye even scans .ini files. but i honestly have no clue how battleeye actually works)

1 hour ago, Healt said:

what's your pc specs? because i'm suffering from the same issue yet it doesn't stop whether i use potato graphics setup or on ultras.

CPU
    - AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor

GPU
    - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB

RAM
    - 8 GB Corsair       @ 1066 MHz
    - 8 GB Corsair       @ 1066 MHz

Operating system
    - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate  64-bit

Motherboard
    - ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A99FX PRO R2.0 (Socket 942)

Storage
    - ST2000DM 006-2DM164 SATA Disk Device 1864 GB

Optical drives
    - ASUS DRW-24B1ST   c SATA CdRom Device

Audio
    - NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
    - High Definition Audio Device
    - Realtek High Definition Audio

Network
    - Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
    - VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter

Clearly the game doesn't like my cpu, so I have tried many things to fix it, although it's playable. I am convinced it's my hard drive at this point, or the game.

They need to make a configurable crosshair like Overwatch got, that's awesome and not changing any files within the game so nothing would be bannable. 

I get stutter but I don't know what people are talking about when they say they get no stutter with the advanced launcher. It has been awhile since I've used the APB advanced launcher but what settings are people configuring to get no stutter in APB..? Also what is this "mouse fix" I keep hearing about? 

28 minutes ago, AgentWatson said:

I get stutter but I don't know what people are talking about when they say they get no stutter with the advanced launcher. It has been awhile since I've used the APB advanced launcher but what settings are people configuring to get no stutter in APB..? Also what is this "mouse fix" I keep hearing about? 

You take hardware acelleration off, and set the slider to zero then back to 6, in windows control panel mouse options. That's what people have told me.

Any setting fixes the stutter for me, or maybe it's placebo effect.

shitty_fuck_wuck.png

Edited by Puffdragon
Forgot stuff

3 hours ago, Tysa said:

the ONLY thing the "Advanced Launcher" does is changing your APBCompat.ini and APBMachineOptions.ini.

so if LO excludes those files from the BattleEye scan it should be gucci.

(that is if battleeye even scans .ini files. but i honestly have no clue how battleeye actually works)

If it functions the same way it does in PUBG then it will ignore all ini files since those are intended to be edited by the end user.