TheProfit

MattScott - Mobile Number Only Accounts Implementation Can Prevent Cheaters/Smurfs

22 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

Really the only thing that could be of valid use is IP Addresses, but that even has issues banning buildings (like those in University dorms) rather than individual computers. Or the fact that IP addresses can change.

also VPNs

46 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

just remove red crosshair and most cheaters will be gone.

yeah no

3 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

just remove red crosshair and most cheaters will be gone.

Indeed, at least they won't use the triggerbot and it's already better, and then another good anti-cheat, I hope soon )) What's the point of this red sight in general?

59 minutes ago, Shatterbyte said:

What's the point of this red sight in general?

The red crosshair lets you know when you are aiming at an enemy even if you can’t see them. 
Hitbox size doesn’t always equal player model size. This means  you can shoot people, say over a railing, even though their player model isn’t showing. Ditto for aiming at feet under cars.

Edited by CookiePuss

35 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

The red crosshair lets you know when you are aiming at an enemy even if you can’t see them. 
Hitbox size doesn’t always equal player model size. This means  you can shoot people, say over a railing, even though their player model isn’t showing. Ditto for aiming at feet under cars.

4 hours ago, MonkaS said:

yeah no

Or maybe u can start using your eyes and stop playing on shitty graphics where its not possible to see under the car(with some exceptions where it's just not possible to see on any graphics). Anybody can disable crosshair in the game and use custom(which also disables hitmarkers) which is WAY bigger disadvantage than no red crosshair. They need to stop dumbing down the game.

51 minutes ago, jmiIos said:

Or maybe u can start using your eyes and stop playing on shitty graphics where its not possible to see under the car(with some exceptions where it's just not possible to see on any graphics). Anybody can disable crosshair in the game and use custom(which also disables hitmarkers) which is WAY bigger disadvantage than no red crosshair. They need to stop dumbing down the game.

it has nothing to do with graphics, the hitbox is literally larger than the character model at all times, its super common to be able to shoot a player behind full crouch cover without their character model ever being visible

5 hours ago, MonkaS said:

yeah no

yeah yes because most of cheaters are triggerbotters.

1 hour ago, jmiIos said:

Or maybe u can start using your eyes and stop playing on shitty graphics where its not possible to see under the car

?

1 hour ago, glaciers said:

it has nothing to do with graphics, the hitbox is literally larger than the character model at all times, its super common to be able to shoot a player behind full crouch cover without their character model ever being visible

i am not talking about that..

36 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

?

In most situations u can see players's feet under the car if ur graphics are high enough. You don't need red crosshair for that, it just makes it a lot easier...The same with smoke...also just like nade ticking should start only after the nade has been thrown...nades should only be used for pushing the corner, pushing people off the corner or cars. It would also make people learn how to throw smarter grenades (bouncing it off the wall so the player would see it in the last second..this would depend on the corner and assuming the enemy is not looking around for a nade) and not just cook it up and spam the corner with the most basic nade ever..just an example of simple things like this would make the game more skill based and not rely on the dumbest things that should've never been the thing in the first place

EDIT. I have posted this in the other topic but i will just copy paste it  here as well

You said VFX files will be locked when 64 bit goes live and you didn't. People are still removing it. This game is not going anywhere until you decide to do something about the core of this game. It's disgusting seeing people promote this game on twitch with the ugliest graphics possible, and some of them even put TOS stuff in their config and openly share it with everyone. There is literally not good reason to keep VFX files open. And before some of these people start saying "Oh ItS A CoMPetiTive GaME, U tHiNk cs go pLaYeRs pLaY at mAX GrApHiCs???!!??!

CS GO graphics can go A LOT lower than in game minimum to the point that textures are comparable with advanced launcher minimum and of course since those people have common sense, those stuff are cheat flagged, The same thing is with L4D2. There is a different way to have textures that low but that requires extremely low resolutions, to the point u are just seeing pixels.

lowest-cs-go-settings-2020-fps-optimizat

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

In game minimum

oHjVHHVfejdX.jpg?o=1

ed9eec64e305b1416477729516a9e3e260ad625c

I can see why they would temporarily keep ini files open, until they add all advanced launcher options in the game and add some extra that is not there. 

AND LOWER TEXTURES THAN 64 FOR ENVIRONMENT SHOULD NO BE ALLOWED. There should still be a standard for competitive settings(visibility) and quality and 64 is still VERY visible while not making the game so ugly to the point it pushes new players away, "Oh BuT ThEY cAn jUsT Do It ToO". Anybody can just google cs go or l4d2 in the worst settings possible and most people in the comments would just choose not to play the game than play against people that do this, even though they can just do it as well. It's just way too ugly to be enjoyable. Not even gonna talk about no VFX, that's just a no brainer.

A good example of a gun that would be so much easier to use is tommy gun..It is the main thing that makes the gun harder to use, it has a very lazy recoil pattern even though it has decent amount of kick to it.

Edited by jmiIos
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jmiIos said:

make the game more skill based

Many people say the same thing about adding headshots. The skill in APB is not about seeing players feet and targeting them, but also teamwork.

What do you do when you're in a large crowded area of the map and you no longer have red reticles? You would more likely shoot non-mission players (essentially nothing)

4 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

Many people say the same thing about adding headshots. The skill in APB is not about seeing players feet and targeting them, but also teamwork.

What do you do when you're in a large crowded area of the map and you no longer have red reticles? You would more likely shoot non-mission players (essentially nothing)

I am pretty sure they could make it so crosshair turns different color when you are in a mission and aiming at a player that is not part of your mission. Red crosshair makes a lot of situations easier..

Edited by jmiIos

31 minutes ago, jmiIos said:

i am not talking about that..

then why quote someone talking about that?

On 2/12/2023 at 11:18 AM, Reprimand said:

If APB is dying because of cheaters, why would catching them kill it more? 

implementing phone numbers wouldnt catch cheaters... it would do absolutely nothing.

23 hours ago, BlatMan said:

No. Don't turn this into Korea.

We already have online services which require your personal information, it doesn't matter where you live.

20 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Let's also just put mandatory chips in everyone that tracks them and their biometrics and is required for basic things like groceries. Cheated in apb? No groceries for you.

That escalated quickly.

11 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

If the crosshair is red, it means that your center pixel is on an enemy hitbox. In other words, you have a direct path from gun barrel to target flesh. This is common knowledge to anyone who uses mid to long range accurate weapons (for examples- AR-97, CR762, HVR 762, etc), as part of the usage of such weapons is to utilize this crosshair behavior to exploit the target's upper hitbox when they're crouched behind mid cover.

It seems to me that we all here just dream about this, about this, but for this to be realized, it takes a lot of time for such a team as it is now, a lot of time has passed since 2013 and absolutely nothing has changed in the game, oh yes ... it just got bigger cheaters, for example, I have another game and at the moment it looks very advanced compared to its 2013 version, maybe you should change the headquarters? Why do all these people sit there and just get money lol

36 minutes ago, Shatterbyte said:

It seems to me that we all here just dream about this, about this, but for this to be realized, it takes a lot of time for such a team as it is now, a lot of time has passed since 2013 and absolutely nothing has changed in the game, oh yes ... it just got bigger cheaters, for example, I have another game and at the moment it looks very advanced compared to its 2013 version, maybe you should change the headquarters? Why do all these people sit there and just get money lol

I mean, since 2013, we've had three different anti-cheat systems... FairFight "worked" and "didn't work", BattlEye is pretty meh, and EAC worked quite well, minus the issue of backend integration and high client side cost. Presumably now that the game is operating on 64bit systems, we should see the anti-cheat be updated, especially server side. Hopefully EAC?

39 minutes ago, Shatterbyte said:

maybe you should change the headquarters?

What does this even mean? Why?

40 minutes ago, Shatterbyte said:

I have another game and at the moment it looks very advanced compared to its 2013 version,

Which game is that? The only 2013 game I can think of that's operating now in a 'better' state is GTA Online, and being honest, it has a plethora of issues, with just as much a hacker/cheater problem than APB, and arguably worse with the larger population in that game.

1 minute ago, Sergsininia said:

What does this even mean? Why?

Obviously moving your office to a different location changes everything. Just need a different view outside that desk window. 🙂

warframe, a lot of content, graphic changes, access to ps, xbox. Yes, you can list a lot of things that the developers have done in 10 years of the game. Updates, fixes, timely. You can misunderstand me because I translate through google translator.

Mobile app + sim card for verification or use the payment info.

While we are on it - ban the ruzzians, the vatniks hate us anyway but play our games. 

Edited by Sayori

4 hours ago, Sayori said:

Mobile app + sim card for verification or use the payment info.

While we are on it - ban the ruzzians, the vatniks hate us anyway but play our games. 

I am Russian and I don't hate you.

4 hours ago, Yapopal said:

I am Russian and I don't hate you.

Ok, sorry, I was generalizing. Unfortunately it's so common to see forum posts or chat from russians, you know the usual stuff about .globohomo, westoid, gayrope, sorosoid, ukronazi.

But the way things are going I won't be surprised if we entirely cut off Russia from  the rest of the Internet.

On 2/21/2023 at 7:14 PM, Sayori said:

Ok, sorry, I was generalizing. Unfortunately it's so common to see forum posts or chat from russians, you know the usual stuff about .globohomo, westoid, gayrope, sorosoid, ukronazi.

But the way things are going I won't be surprised if we entirely cut off Russia from  the rest of the Internet.

There are enough fools everywhere.

Merged.

Linking a mobile number will create additional difficulties for new players. Players interested in cheating will bypass this barrier without any problems. The result is a useless thing.

15 hours ago, Sayori said:

Mobile app + sim card

Literally illegal in many regions, so will never happen.

or use the payment info.

Okay, see you in 5 minutes.

https://www.vanillagift.com/

Only if the BRs get the boot with them.