FakeBungo

script kiddies and cheaters as SPCT still 🙈

19 hours ago, MonkaS said:

Everyone knows SPCT means nothing its just a volunteer position why would they care? I was a SPCT and used to cheat even on OTW. Also there was an old forum mod who triggerbotted.

NOOOOOOOO. YOULL RUIN YOUR REPUTATION IN A VOLUNTEER TESTING PROGRAM. STOP.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

NOOOOOOOO. YOULL RUIN YOUR REPUTATION IN A VOLUNTEER TESTING PROGRAM. STOP.

worrying about your reputation in apb is like worrying about the color of the dog poop at the park

• Like 1

While it might be true that people did cheat I feel like the veterans who are left and who wanted to be in SPCT are still here out of their love for the game. That's why I just find it unlikely that they would cheat. Also like I said there's really nothing to gain from it at this point unless someone would be just super sweaty. In general I would assume that the current SPCT have at least few thousand hours in the game which is enough time to cultivate fully legit god tier skill. During my prime after around 2-2.5k hours I was playing so well and I was doing such things that I would ban myself tbh. My flicks were so accurate and my tracking was so consistent that it was scary. But it was the effect of me putting a lot of effort in which I'm sure other veterans were doing as well. Back in the day people were super into being as good as possible, training in aimtastic or csgo. Improving their muscle memory, reviewing their gameplay etc. So if the current SPCT are the remnants of that time then I'm not surprised why people would hackusate them. But of course it's possible that I'm completely wrong and people are in fact running around with macros and triggerbots.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Thial said:

cultivate fully legit god tier skill. 

You'd be surprised how wrong you are on a lot of them to be honest........

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

You'd be surprised how wrong you are on a lot of them to be honest........

Yeah I do know that you can either fine tune everything to seem fully legit or just use cheats to assist with different things. I guess that I just don't like playing with the mindset that people are cheating as having that mindset only leads to being frustrated and playing worse or even quitting the game which I did in 2019 as I just got tired of putting in a lot of effort and so many people effortlessly running around with skill.exe

19 hours ago, Thial said:

While it might be true that people did cheat I feel like the veterans who are left and who wanted to be in SPCT are still here out of their love for the game. That's why I just find it unlikely that they would cheat. Also like I said there's really nothing to gain from it at this point unless someone would be just super sweaty. In general I would assume that the current SPCT have at least few thousand hours in the game which is enough time to cultivate fully legit god tier skill. During my prime after around 2-2.5k hours I was playing so well and I was doing such things that I would ban myself tbh. My flicks were so accurate and my tracking was so consistent that it was scary. But it was the effect of me putting a lot of effort in which I'm sure other veterans were doing as well. Back in the day people were super into being as good as possible, training in aimtastic or csgo. Improving their muscle memory, reviewing their gameplay etc. So if the current SPCT are the remnants of that time then I'm not surprised why people would hackusate them. But of course it's possible that I'm completely wrong and people are in fact running around with macros and triggerbots.

Nobody in SPCT is particularly good though that's arguably something you'd want.  Solid chunk of 5k+ hour vets though and the diversity of all of us is good, even if some of us have potato-tier ideas.

7 hours ago, Thial said:

Yeah I do know that you can either fine tune everything to seem fully legit or just use cheats to assist with different things. I guess that I just don't like playing with the mindset that people are cheating as having that mindset only leads to being frustrated and playing worse or even quitting the game which I did in 2019 as I just got tired of putting in a lot of effort and so many people effortlessly running around with skill.exe

I'm not talking about cheaters in SPCT. I'm talking about the legit skill level of them, the large majority are actual silvers.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2023 at 12:23 AM, Thial said:

cultivate fully legit god tier skill

"It's just skill." Sad excuse as old as time, and has never been true. Modern gaming is rife with cheating, and to think otherwise is to be willfully ignorant.

23 hours ago, SkittyM said:

Nobody in SPCT is particularly good though that's arguably something you'd want.  Solid chunk of 5k+ hour vets though and the diversity of all of us is good, even if some of us have potato-tier ideas.

Come on you've been here a while you don't remember the bronze that cheated on stream? Everyone knows bad players can and will cheat.

20 hours ago, Hexerin said:

"It's just skill." Sad excuse as old as time, and has never been true. Modern gaming is rife with cheating, and to think otherwise is to be willfully ignorant.

Thinking that everyone is cheating is also delusional. I literally had people come to my stream and harass me saying that they have hours of footage proving that I'm cheating. Yet I have never been banned after thousands of hackusations and reports. I wonder why. There are plenty of other veterans who have experienced the same exact thing because people are simply delusional. They see cheaters everywhere. Sure there are tons of cheaters in every game but there are also tons of players who can be insanely good and fully legit. Ignoring that is what it means to be truly ignorant. It's easy to slander people and call everyone cheaters. It's much harder to admit that you are just shit at the game and others are much better.

Edited by Thial

18 hours ago, MonkaS said:

Come on you've been here a while you don't remember the bronze that cheated on stream? Everyone knows bad players can and will cheat.

I don't watch streams, so no, i don't.  Having met someone who bought cheats and claimed they got a new mouse as for why they were doing so well, i know bad players can cheat.

All of SPCT are mediocre vets, a few of whom have some technical insight to bring to the table.   Could they cheat?  Sure.  Do they cheat?  No.  Will they cheat?  Doubtful but never say never.

On 3/3/2023 at 11:49 AM, Thial said:

You are welcome to speculate. I just find it unlikely that SPCT would risk their position to cheat in a nearly dead game. If APB was mega active and popular then yeah sure  you could get some clout of it but now ? What would even be the purpose of cheating ?
Also I'm just tired of people throwing hackusations left and right without any evidence whatsoever which are aimed at veterans.
The majority of people hackusate literally anyone who kills them and it takes no effort at all to slander people. Providing evidence on the other hand could expose that they are just shit at the game.

"newly dead game" XD been dead for ages m8 where u been.

1 hour ago, Bluequadre said:

"newly dead game" XD been dead for ages m8 where u been.

Nearly not newly.

6 hours ago, Bluequadre said:

still, lol

not still, dead means nobody is playing anymore, there are around 700 people playing therefore it's nearly dead. Words mean things.

Edited by Thial

On 2/10/2023 at 12:17 AM, FakeBungo said:

really you still have not removed the skids and cheaters from SPCT? I guess APB will remain dead then.

maybe actually hire people to work on your game and community, instead of having the people who are responsible for killing it be in charge.

who????????????????? WHO IS ON THE GEAR

3 hours ago, Spillra said:

who????????????????? WHO IS ON THE GEAR

Oh, that's what the Brazilians mean when they ask about my gear. I thought they were asking about clothing.

On 2/10/2023 at 6:10 PM, KyoukiDotExe said:

Cheaters in SPCT? 

Look at your config huehuehue

43 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Look at your config huehuehue

Legal modifications =/= cheating

I understand your frustration with the lack of progress in removing cheaters and skids from SPCT. However, I believe that the best way to make APB more enjoyable is to take a more holistic approach. This includes not only hiring people to work on the game and community, but also exploring alternative methods of enhancing the experience, such as using certain psychoactive substances. After all, these substances can help to open up new pathways of creativity and exploration that can lead to a more enjoyable gaming experience.

On 3/7/2023 at 7:17 PM, Thial said:

Thinking that everyone is cheating is also delusional. I literally had people come to my stream and harass me saying that they have hours of footage proving that I'm cheating. Yet I have never been banned after thousands of hackusations and reports. I wonder why. There are plenty of other veterans who have experienced the same exact thing because people are simply delusional. They see cheaters everywhere. Sure there are tons of cheaters in every game but there are also tons of players who can be insanely good and fully legit. Ignoring that is what it means to be truly ignorant. It's easy to slander people and call everyone cheaters. It's much harder to admit that you are just shit at the game and others are much better.

What do you expect when the "Insanley good" players wont team with anybody else share pointers etc.... Whilst existing in their Secret Society of a clan that nobody can join. I mean, what are they hiding .....

7 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Legal modifications =/= cheating

Half the things ya'll config are absolutely cheating by any reasonable definition of the term. Removing smoke particles makes it so you can see clearly through grenade explosions. Outlines on entities makes it so you can easily see enemy position through obscuring objects. Adding high contrast particles to projectile trails makes it much easier to see incoming projectiles. Etc, etc.

6 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Half the things ya'll config are absolutely cheating by any reasonable definition of the term. Removing smoke particles makes it so you can see clearly through grenade explosions. Outlines on entities makes it so you can easily see enemy position through obscuring objects. Adding high contrast particles to projectile trails makes it much easier to see incoming projectiles. Etc, etc.

Smoke is not removed by configuration files. You can reduce the smoke particles behind grenades, it does not remove explosive smokes.

Outlines are shader modifications these are definitely not within ToS. I specified specifically, text-file (or ini) modifications.

"High contrast particles" which I assume you mean the purple trial/rainbow trial particle effects are also file-replacements of protected files.

"Configs" by (this community) definition are packs of configuration modifications, which may or may not include file/shader/and other not-allowed modifications outside of text based.

"Legal modification" is what I define as within Terms of Service, aka the changes to file in text format.

My god, the mental gymnastics ya'll will go through to attempt to justify your bullshit.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

My god, the mental gymnastics ya'll will go through to attempt to justify your bullshit.

Or inability to understand the total picture to justify your posts?