Ritual

APB 1.30 is live!

29 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

allow players to uncap it if they want

only players with the config downloaded, my normal setting for smooth frame rate is off, (normally sets u at 60}

I think its unfair. Why not the same for everyone? Not only is it like dragging an anchor, but outside of combat 

I'm getting a crappier visual experience and the sweaty with config/launcher gets what he wants. 

Its not the 16 frames they stole from me, its that they won't take it away from the sweats that would use such configs. 

I tried to DL config with this new pc, it dint work. i gotta file, I assume you need the Adv launcher to run it.

But again this isnt about Mack, I dont want their config on my system.

What about the kids coming in against solid golds running 240.

You know what, I give up. Imma just Leave Them To It' 

If im losing fps gradually because I alt tabbed, can I fix it by switching to windowed or windowedfullscreen and switching to fullscreen again??

On 2/10/2023 at 8:13 AM, Gateron said:

Next i would advise to change the gunplay/weapons to something that would make clutching possible like more damage on the head or something to reward aiming instead of just tracking.

No, clutching and headshots don't need to happen. CS:GO isn't APB, they're entirely different games. APB is geared much more towards teamwork than CS:GO does. Drastic changes like this are certain to harm the game.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

p.s. The sliding bug drastically effects accuracy, so it certainly can effect gameplay

Wouldn't be an issue if the game had longer TTK, 100% ADS accuracy with minimum-no bloom, unnecessary movement penalties removed, curve mechanics adjusted, removed mods that adjust TTK and range but hey... that's too "drastic" :^)

On 2/10/2023 at 3:13 PM, Gateron said:

Still an engine update won't change that the game is garbage gameplay wise. You can't carry on your own no matter your skill since this game is just math with how many shots you can tank. At a certain point you will get overwhelmed and still die because you reached the limit of the carry potential. It's just frustrating.

Next i would advise to change the gunplay/weapons to something that would make clutching possible like more damage on the head or something to reward aiming instead of just tracking. For the people that are going to use cheaters as an argument not to do it are stupid. This would mean CSGO should remove headshots. I know most of the APB vets are going to oppose this since they don't want their game to become hard and get destroyed while grouping in a 3-4 team by a random.

Excuse me? What do you consider aim then? Your whole arguement doesn't make any sense whatsover.

Holding angles for days and headshotting a guy like in CS is not aiming.

APB right now barely requires any tracking, as you have to 'fight' bloom mechanics to actually be able to track properly, making fights a game of who wins the dice roll.

Edited by yourrandomnobody74

any gm or mod can explain me why did my latency increase from 155ms to 220ms and 2 packet loss since live 1.30????

it's unplayable...

Edited by Uhtdred

/latencytest shows 80ms for the district server, while playing on US East. In game latency shows 1ms. Something is screwed up on Little Orbit's side.

EDIT: Oh good I'm not the only one who noticed.

Edited by BlatMan

3 hours ago, BlatMan said:

/latencytest shows 80ms for the district server, while playing on US East. In game latency shows 1ms. Something is screwed up on Little Orbit's side.

EDIT: Oh good I'm not the only one who noticed.

If its an empty district it'll do that, the /fps menu is simply not reliable on lesser populated districts and hasn't been in a long long time.

NA has also experienced atleast 1 major crash in the last 48 hours and Matt stated that they're looking into whats happening on the LO discord so it is possible that something may be going on with the servers themselves or possibly another round of DDoS attacks causing issues.

Makes sense. Also, Battleye is still blocking the file "xbadpcm.acm". It's for Xbox game audio files.

xAu6ExS.png

20 hours ago, yourrandomnobody74 said:

if the game had longer TTK

Agreed, game should be shifted towards a slightly longer TTK. Something like 1.1 or 1.2 would probably be right on point. The current like 0.7 or 0.8 we're at nowadays is just...

100% ADS accuracy with minimum-no bloom

Elaborate?

unnecessary movement penalties removed

Elaborate? Is this in reference to things like Scoped N-TEC dropping accuracy substantially if you move while ADS?

curve mechanics adjusted

Remove curves, go back to linear damage drop off. When your target is X meters away, you should be able to know the precise damage you'll deal if you land your shot.

removed mods that adjust TTK and range

Might as well just say "remove red weapon mods" because that's all this does. Disagree with this.

All mods in the game should be converted to only have one level (similar to how the R195 mods are). Additionally, all mods should be available for the player to purchase from contacts from the start of the game, and usable without rating restriction (in other words, R0 across the board). Weapons with slots should unlock as part of standard contact progression (T0 contacts grant baseline weapons, T1 contacts grant 1 slot weapons, T2 contacts grant 2 slot weapons, and T3 contacts grant 3 slot weapons).

What does this leave weapon roles, you ask? Well, weapon roles should unlock cosmetic content (titles, weapon skins, clothing, etc).

On 2/9/2023 at 11:15 PM, FakeBungo said:

new patch still a dead game.

i am still available to become lead game designer, let me know when your ready to fix the game i will get right on it!

as the best apb player of all time i am the only person qualified for the job.

Shut up.

On 2/10/2023 at 2:13 PM, Gateron said:

Next i would advise to change the gunplay/weapons to something that would make clutching possible like more damage on the head or something to reward aiming instead of just tracking. For the people that are going to use cheaters as an argument not to do it are stupid. This would mean CSGO should remove headshots. I know most of the APB vets are going to oppose this since they don't want their game to become hard and get destroyed while grouping in a 3-4 team by a random.

The player hitbox is the entire body and always has been. There is no headshot damage in this game.

On 2/12/2023 at 2:00 PM, Hexerin said:

Elaborate

I'll elaborate all of your questions here.

What I'd change on each gun (stats taken from APBDB, left representing live, while right side representing my proposals)

NTEC

• Acc @ 10m = 24cm  <=> change this to 20cm
• Fire interval = 0.14s (I'm not sure how accurate this is)
• STK = 6 <=> 8STK (health damage from 185 to 145)
• TTK = 0.7s <=> 1.12s (if 0.14s fire interval is used)

if TTK = STK * Fire Interval, then:
6 * 0.117s () = ~0.7s [discrepancy between apbdb stats?]
6 * 0.14s = 0.84s [?]

But, the biggest one:
• MM Modifier = 0.35 <=> Change it to 0

• Shot Modifier Cap = 2.4 <=> Change it to 1.2 [unsure on what EXACT value should feel best, I just halved it from how I understood the stat works]

• Run Modifier = 6 <=> Change it to <=1.5 [hipfire won't be affected when run&gunning] 

P.S: this one might be a bit too farfetched and test play would be necessary to see the implications of this specific change, pretend as this one doesn't exist, main one is ADS to me

And the most important one: make NTEC bloom SLIGHTLY after 6th shot (I'm assuming this requires adjusting per shot modifier and recovery per second accordingly)

Description:
What will these changes bring?

100% accuracy in ADS for the first 6 shots, (more accurate cqc accuracy) with a TTK that allow for the user to react, track targets without feeling like RNG outplayed him and allowing for a stock gun to be as viable as the modded counterpart.

I'm a big proponent of unifying mods, especially removing reduntant effects of mods or entire mods (imo) such as:

Hunting Sight - should only allow for FoV changes, perhaps even scope changes only

Cooling Jacket - a mod SHOULDN'T lower TTK with a "downside" of more bloom.

Improved Rifling - a mod SHOULDN'T increase range of weapon with a "downside" of more bloom.

Heavy Barrel - removal of DMG change, making it a recoil-dampening mod (ofc this comes with making recoil patterns for guns)

Reflex Sight - make it adjust hipfire accuracy, making it tighter.

Scout
• Acc @ 10m = 54cm
• Shot mod cap = 4
• Health damage = 575 <=> Change to <=500 
• Fire Interval = 1.75s <=> Change to <=1.63s
• Crouch mod = 0.4
• MM Mod = 0.03 ("0" with Hunting Sight, supposedly, more on that down below)

So, the math is:

MM Mode — Standing still:
54cm * 0.03 = 1.62cm [@10m]

Extrapolating that to 100m:
1.62cm * 10 = 16.2 [@ 100m]

That is a very big and likely factor why non-HS scouts feel inaccurate on longer ranges

MM Mode — Crouched:
1.62 * 0.4 = 0.648cm [@10m]

Extrapolation:
6.48cm [@100m]

Still, even when crouched, the scout is not 100% accurate when shooting at targets.

Now, old players will remember when G1/RP decided to nerf jumpscout. They changed the jump modifier.
However, after that at some point (I cannot find the exact post on old.apbdb) they've changed the way Hunting Sight works SPECIFICALLY on the Scout.

I don't think APBDB has recorded this change.

My theory is that they've negated the 0.03 => 0 change from Hunting Sight for the Scout specifically, resulting in the in-game mess we have.
If APBDB stats are correct, then:

MM Mode - Standing still:
54cm * 0 = 0cm [@10m, @100m]

MM Mode - Crouched:
0 * 0.4 = 0cm [@10m, @100m]

This would be amazing, but, why does the crosshair visually look different when crouched vs standing still?

Yj1pljG.png

This is how the Scout was (MM Modifier = 0) before the mess we have in-game right now, and how ALL guns' 1st shot accuracy shot be (a minimum if TTK is heightened to the theoretical 1.1-1.2s standard)

There's no way the stats from APBDB for the Scout are correct. Unless the crosshair is not a visual proof of anything at all.

Description:
The proposed changes would make the scout 3STK, give it 100% ADS accuracy regardless of modifier and gun modification (thus eliminating the "oMg SeRvErS bAd" people, because they're unable to realise that their gun just missed due to bloom)

JG

• TTK = 0.65s [Tied to fire interval] <=> Change to 1.2s
• STK = 2 <=> 3 [Tied to above]
• Fire Interval = 0.65s <=> Change to 0.6
• Max Health Damage = 786 <=> Change to 385 (1000hp - 61.5% was the math I used)
• MM Modifier change to 0 [tighter spread too]

Description:
You might ask, why change shotguns to 3STK?
Because of cornerpopping, the most broken mechanic in a 3rd person shooter.
Allowing for 1 more shot to survive when pushing someone holding you might buy you enough time to push him, perhaps outaim him and win the duel, which is impossible right now.

Now, how all of these would play out with different clotting agent mods, I am unsure. But, playtests would reveal the bigger picture.

tl;dr:
- guns are rng dice, make their ads consistent
- mods that change ttk and bloom are a no-go, no dmg penalty heavy barrel ftw
- high ttk w/ decent consistent recoil patterns is life and bloom is bad
- 2stk has no place in any game, especially tps
- playtest, playtest, playtest

- also, increase overall crouch speed by ~2x (dopefish recommendation which id love to see ingame, he didnt specify it to be 2x but an exact number which i cannot find anymore, but id love to see it lol)

About the mod & roles part, I think you're on right track when it comes to unifying mods in normal enf vs crim APB.

If APB ever plans to make a RIOT/BR version, I do hope they make weapon mods with levels.

Balancing would be much easier across the board when character and weapon mods are streamlined.

Edited by yourrandomnobody74

23 hours ago, yourrandomnobody74 said:

I'll elaborate all of your questions here.

What I'd change on each gun (stats taken from APBDB, left representing live, while right side representing my proposals)

NTEC

• Acc @ 10m = 24cm  <=> change this to 20cm
• Fire interval = 0.14s (I'm not sure how accurate this is)
• STK = 6 <=> 8STK (health damage from 185 to 145)
• TTK = 0.7s <=> 1.12s (if 0.14s fire interval is used)

if TTK = STK * Fire Interval, then:
6 * 0.117s () = ~0.7s [discrepancy between apbdb stats?]
6 * 0.14s = 0.84s [?]

But, the biggest one:
• MM Modifier = 0.35 <=> Change it to 0

• Shot Modifier Cap = 2.4 <=> Change it to 1.2 [unsure on what EXACT value should feel best, I just halved it from how I understood the stat works]

• Run Modifier = 6 <=> Change it to <=1.5 [hipfire won't be affected when run&gunning] 

P.S: this one might be a bit too farfetched and test play would be necessary to see the implications of this specific change, pretend as this one doesn't exist, main one is ADS to me

And the most important one: make NTEC bloom SLIGHTLY after 6th shot (I'm assuming this requires adjusting per shot modifier and recovery per second accordingly)

Description:
What will these changes bring?

100% accuracy in ADS for the first 6 shots, (more accurate cqc accuracy) with a TTK that allow for the user to react, track targets without feeling like RNG outplayed him and allowing for a stock gun to be as viable as the modded counterpart.

I'm a big proponent of unifying mods, especially removing reduntant effects of mods or entire mods (imo) such as:

Hunting Sight - should only allow for FoV changes, perhaps even scope changes only

Cooling Jacket - a mod SHOULDN'T lower TTK with a "downside" of more bloom.

Improved Rifling - a mod SHOULDN'T increase range of weapon with a "downside" of more bloom.

Heavy Barrel - removal of DMG change, making it a recoil-dampening mod (ofc this comes with making recoil patterns for guns)

Reflex Sight - make it adjust hipfire accuracy, making it tighter.

Scout
• Acc @ 10m = 54cm
• Shot mod cap = 4
• Health damage = 575 <=> Change to <=500 
• Fire Interval = 1.75s <=> Change to <=1.63s
• Crouch mod = 0.4
• MM Mod = 0.03 ("0" with Hunting Sight, supposedly, more on that down below)

So, the math is:

MM Mode — Standing still:
54cm * 0.03 = 1.62cm [@10m]

Extrapolating that to 100m:
1.62cm * 10 = 16.2 [@ 100m]

That is a very big and likely factor why non-HS scouts feel inaccurate on longer ranges

MM Mode — Crouched:
1.62 * 0.4 = 0.648cm [@10m]

Extrapolation:
6.48cm [@100m]

Still, even when crouched, the scout is not 100% accurate when shooting at targets.

Now, old players will remember when G1/RP decided to nerf jumpscout. They changed the jump modifier.
However, after that at some point (I cannot find the exact post on old.apbdb) they've changed the way Hunting Sight works SPECIFICALLY on the Scout.

I don't think APBDB has recorded this change.

My theory is that they've negated the 0.03 => 0 change from Hunting Sight for the Scout specifically, resulting in the in-game mess we have.
If APBDB stats are correct, then:

MM Mode - Standing still:
54cm * 0 = 0cm [@10m, @100m]

MM Mode - Crouched:
0 * 0.4 = 0cm [@10m, @100m]

This would be amazing, but, why does the crosshair visually look different when crouched vs standing still?

Yj1pljG.png

This is how the Scout was (MM Modifier = 0) before the mess we have in-game right now, and how ALL guns' 1st shot accuracy shot be (a minimum if TTK is heightened to the theoretical 1.1-1.2s standard)

There's no way the stats from APBDB for the Scout are correct. Unless the crosshair is not a visual proof of anything at all.

Description:
The proposed changes would make the scout 3STK, give it 100% ADS accuracy regardless of modifier and gun modification (thus eliminating the "oMg SeRvErS bAd" people, because they're unable to realise that their gun just missed due to bloom)

JG

• TTK = 0.65s [Tied to fire interval] <=> Change to 1.2s
• STK = 2 <=> 3 [Tied to above]
• Fire Interval = 0.65s <=> Change to 0.6
• Max Health Damage = 786 <=> Change to 385 (1000hp - 61.5% was the math I used)
• MM Modifier change to 0 [tighter spread too]

Description:
You might ask, why change shotguns to 3STK?
Because of cornerpopping, the most broken mechanic in a 3rd person shooter.
Allowing for 1 more shot to survive when pushing someone holding you might buy you enough time to push him, perhaps outaim him and win the duel, which is impossible right now.

Now, how all of these would play out with different clotting agent mods, I am unsure. But, playtests would reveal the bigger picture.

tl;dr:
- guns are rng dice, make their ads consistent
- high ttk w/ decent consistent recoil patterns is life and bloom is bad
- 2stk has no place in any game, especially tps
- playtest, playtest, playtest

- also, increase overall crouch speed by ~2x (dopefish recommendation which id love to see ingame, he didnt specify it to be 2x but an exact number which i cannot find anymore, but id love to see it lol)

About the mod & roles part, I think you're on right track when it comes to unifying mods in normal enf vs crim APB.

If APB ever plans to make a RIOT/BR version, I do hope they make weapon mods with levels.

Balancing would be much easier across the board when character and weapon mods are streamlined.

"100% accuracy in ADS for the first 6 shots,"
LMAO

On 2/11/2023 at 4:48 PM, yourrandomnobody74 said:

Wouldn't be an issue if the game had longer TTK, 100% ADS accuracy with minimum-no bloom, unnecessary movement penalties removed, curve mechanics adjusted, removed mods that adjust TTK and range but hey... that's too "drastic" :^)

Excuse me? What do you consider aim then? Your whole arguement doesn't make any sense whatsover.

Holding angles for days and headshotting a guy like in CS is not aiming.

APB right now barely requires any tracking, as you have to 'fight' bloom mechanics to actually be able to track properly, making fights a game of who wins the dice roll.

Who says headshots are supossed to be one shot?

On 2/13/2023 at 11:21 AM, yourrandomnobody74 said:

guns are rng dice, make their ads consistent

I meant, not entirely accurate. For one, rng is there to add somewhat more realism and raise the skill ceiling.

Mod that change ttk change it in different ways for different guns with different player skill sets. The fact that mods have negative impacts in addition to positive ones make the choices of mods more important.

53 minutes ago, Gateron said:

Ok, that I can agree with. Misinterpreted the original quote, if this is what you've meant.

However, to implement headshots doing more damage over body shots, one would still have to increase/lengthen TTK and have less bloom. It would definitely be a good upgrade, requires a ton of reworking though.

48 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

I meant, not entirely accurate. For one, rng is there to add somewhat more realism and raise the skill ceiling.

Mod that change ttk change it in different ways for different guns with different player skill sets. The fact that mods have negative impacts in addition to positive ones make the choices of mods more important.

How can a random number made up by the computer be a something which is "more realistic and raises the skill ceiling"?

What skill ceiling? You cannot alter that output with your input in any way, shape or form. The bloom APB has shouldn't be a thing in any game that tries to be a shooter game.

APB is an arcade shooter, even if it was "realistic", it shouldn't be a thing.

"me klik b4 u, me kil u" => the only scenario where TTK alternating mods would prove useful. It makes balancing harder and adds unnecessary mechanics (bloom) to APB's already large weapon pool.

Tracking should win duels.

On 2/13/2023 at 6:21 PM, yourrandomnobody74 said:

I respect you for what you do. But. The path you have chosen has already been trampled by others. This path can be called "sit on two chairs." I'm sure you use NTEK most of the game time. What you propose to change will not make NTEK weaker, the rules for using NTEK will change. Because of the ping, the crooked code, the first six shots overtake the enemy at the same time. This makes NTEK a cannon for crabs. It's not you who shoot well, it's the enemy who just doesn't have time to react because of the ping.

Duck is expensive and does not occur so often, it has its own characteristics but does not spoil the game like NTEK.

And you want to turn a shotgun into a lady's revolver. That's how he shoots in the live version.

There are a lot of garbage weapons in the game. Any of them will become a meta if you change its settings. I don't understand why so much attention is paid to the fucking NTEK vending machine. Sometimes it seems to me that the APB has become a simulator of shooting from NTEK. It's high time to send it to the warehouse and give others a chance.

I can't understand why developers are so sensitive to changes in the characteristics of NTEK. They have been changed a bunch of times, but the same eggs are obtained, only in profile. A cannon for crabs. Run and shoot. At the same time, a radical change in the physics of shotguns has not made them better. Only increased the load on the server, increased the response time and made all shotguns unpredictable. In a narrow corridor at a distance of 10 meters, the probability that NTEK will win with a shotgun is very high. In an open area, the chances of surviving with a shotgun are zero. I can say the same about sniper rifles. 80- 100 meters - you are the king and god. 80 - 0 meters, you are nothing. I want to say that NTEK has no restrictions on the firing range, and also because of server lags, the enemy gets 6 bullets at once. This is wrong. I suggest making the ntek less maneuverable and also making it useless at distances over 70 meters.

Merged.

A small texture error

Gm4qAcl.png

On 2/14/2023 at 6:49 PM, Gateron said:

Yeah.
Kind of a No-brainer if you get what im saying.