Ritual

APB 1.30 is live!

Not perfect of course, but still a very promising beginning for Apb's future, *overall* more stability, but there are the few cases of more issues... as long as it continuing to be improved upon I'm very hopeful, I just hope the pop increase stays around for awhile 👀

(the baked lighting and Joker audio looping are known bugs that will be fixed soon I'm sure, even though I think Asylum looks kinda cool with the weird stripes)

Wow it is actually happening? it only took 10 years to have something shipped on live. 

I really hope it doesn't stop there. 

• Like 1

Is happenin but is by chunks..this game needed a more impressive comeback with various things in same time like besides the 64bit upgrade also the matchmaking(old reworkd or new one)the 2 new contacts,the new anticheat and the upgraded voice chat.At least this 5 major things in same time plus some advertising.Unfortunately they just slam dat 64bit sht on the table(which not performing very good 4 some people)with all its bugs from the beta-all in a sudden without any notice or anything(i hope u proud Matt u said it in the ama dat u doin it dat way)

The result?Population only double from 300 to 600(when LO took over 5 years ago pop was 1k)and i dont see more than 1k players perm in future cause they plan to do this updates like chunks-probably 1nce a month from the things i listed above.So the game will keep bein dead meat..is sad really.I hope im wrong anyway

Edited by TheMessiah

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

Population only double

Geez man that’s pretty good, no?

• Like 1

After playing for some time, the performance seems to be identical to how it was before. For some reason it was better on the test server. maybe I should try fresh install. at least it is not worse.

Nice to see 100 people districts again.

Also I am getting some weird bug where I can't see any objective markers and teammates until I die. 

Edited by PotatoeGirl

2 hours ago, nattsvart_katt said:

Remove the f*cking fps cap

You can do it yourself now, to do so go to your APB install directory and navigate to Engine\Config and open the file called "BaseEngine.ini" in there search for "MaxClientFrameRate=128" to whatever you want the cap to be up to 500 and then start the game with the APB.exe found in the Binaries folder and make sure you have "Smooth Frame rate" and "Vysnc" turned off ingame.

8 hours ago, PotatoeGirl said:

After playing for some time, the performance seems to be identical to how it was before. For some reason it was better on the test server. maybe I should try fresh install. at least it is not worse.

Nice to see 100 people districts again.

Also I am getting some weird bug where I can't see any objective markers and teammates until I die. 

It was only "better" in the test servers due to lack of people... Most I seen in the test server was like 50... Now you can properly test it with 100 player districts and 20v20 Asylum. Regardless it does run better and smoother then 32bit from my testing.

new patch still a dead game.

i am still available to become lead game designer, let me know when your ready to fix the game i will get right on it!

as the best apb player of all time i am the only person qualified for the job.

6 hours ago, Frosi said:

You can do it yourself now, to do so go to your APB install directory and navigate to Engine\Config and open the file called "BaseEngine.ini" in there search for "MaxClientFrameRate=128" to whatever you want the cap to be up to 500 and then start the game with the APB.exe found in the Binaries folder and make sure you have "Smooth Frame rate" and "Vysnc" turned off ingame.

This needs to be added to the in game options. Most people look in the options to find optional settings, not files in the installation folder. It's counter intuitive.

Speaking of installation folder, stop writing temporary and config files to the installation folder. Move these files to directories where the end user has proper permissions. This will enable individual Windows user accounts to have separate settings. This will also increase security for users who use push to talk in apps like Discord, since they will not need to run Discord as admin to be able talk.

Suggestions for temporary files. This includes sub directories. I would add the option to add APB.exe shortcuts to the desktop and start menu, during the installation. The launcher is only needed for updates and repairs. There's no reason to use it otherwise.

...\APB Reloaded\Engine\Config
%APPDATA%\APB Reloaded\Engine\Config

...\APB Reloaded\Engine\Shaders\WorkingDirectory
%APPDATA%\APB Reloaded\Engine\Shaders\WorkingDirectory

...\APB Reloaded\APBGame\AssetCache
%TEMP%\GamersFirst\APB Reloaded\APBGame\AssetCache

...\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Config
%APPDATA%\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Config

...\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Logs
%APPDATA%\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Logs

...\APBGame\Content\ShaderCache
%APPDATA%\APBGame\Content\ShaderCache

...\GamersFirst\APB Reloaded\Media
%APPDATA%\GamersFirst\APB Reloaded\Media

Edited by BlatMan

8 minutes ago, BlatMan said:

This needs to be added to the in game options. Most people look in the options to find optional settings, not files in the installation folder. It's counter intuitive.

They want to make it an actual option ingame but for now their plan was to get 1.30 out but also include the ability to uncap for those that really want to, same goes for sliding and the ghost bloom stuff that happen on higher fps values so it'd make sense to fix those things and make it an ingame option in the same patch.

9 minutes ago, Frosi said:

They want to make it an actual option ingame but for now their plan was to get 1.30 out but also include the ability to uncap for those that really want to, same goes for sliding and the ghost bloom stuff that happen on higher fps values so it'd make sense to fix those things and make it an ingame option in the same patch.

The beta runs great, but it was not ready for release with the audio bugs.

• Like 2

Game runs super good and stable with no configs. I left mine at 128 FPS since i want consistent fps all the time. Still an engine update won't change that the game is garbage gameplay wise. You can't carry on your own no matter your skill since this game is just math with how many shots you can tank. At a certain point you will get overwhelmed and still die because you reached the limit of the carry potential. It's just frustrating.

Next i would advise to change the gunplay/weapons to something that would make clutching possible like more damage on the head or something to reward aiming instead of just tracking. For the people that are going to use cheaters as an argument not to do it are stupid. This would mean CSGO should remove headshots. I know most of the APB vets are going to oppose this since they don't want their game to become hard and get destroyed while grouping in a 3-4 team by a random.

Edited by Gateron

16 hours ago, El-Neko said:

It was only "better" in the test servers due to lack of people...

Probably. At least it is not like the engine update where the game ran worse even with barely any people on the server. 

So when can we expect another update? Next month? Next week?           never?

well i'm not sure if i'm the only one having this issue but since the update i'm having fps drops from something let's say 180fps goes down to 40 the bounce of fps happens constantly while i move around i even tried turning down my graphics and it does the same i'm not trying to kill the vibe of the joy of the update i'm actually happy this is something going on finally but it's not so cool that i can't enjoy it the same way 😕, i've tested a couple things but it doesnt seem to change for me.

what's up with the increased latency?? I have 45-50 more latency than I used to and I have been playing with 1-2 packet loss since 1.30 live.

anyone else???

• Like 1

You have Nerfed My FPS, and I am Angry. @MattScott

Not only is this par for the course with LO, breaking something else to fix one little thing.

Instead of fixing why players 'slide or drift' You nerf only the legit players fps. 

Keep in mind most decent games are gonna run 240+, So you're screwing yourself, Again.

I din't go out n buy a gaming monitor to have my fps nerfed, n only mine.

Cuz see You let people have configurations, but only some. (config wouldnt download game)

So those with it can break rules n alter files, and or config setting allowing maximum fps.

So now I can only play at 128max but all your sweaty buddys can have what they want. 

So once again you stab the legitimate customers in the back n hand the key to the city to the cheaters. 

And yes its cheating to me. Eula says any alteration of any file, crosshairs, anything that add's unfair advantage.

Not only is this cheating to me, but you're actually gonna cap your game at 128 and expect new players in a world 

of 240+ games? And You do this to fix some little bitty glitch, that was at best an amusement n din't effect game play.

Golds Win Again. 

19 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

You have Nerfed My FPS, and I am Angry. @MattScott

Not only is this par for the course with LO, breaking something else to fix one little thing.

Instead of fixing why players 'slide or drift' You nerf only the legit players fps. 

Keep in mind most decent games are gonna run 240+, So you're screwing yourself, Again.

I din't go out n buy a gaming monitor to have my fps nerfed, n only mine.

Cuz see You let people have configurations, but only some. (config wouldnt download game)

So those with it can break rules n alter files, and or config setting allowing maximum fps.

So now I can only play at 128max but all your sweaty buddys can have what they want. 

So once again you stab the legitimate customers in the back n hand the key to the city to the cheaters. 

And yes its cheating to me. Eula says any alteration of any file, crosshairs, anything that add's unfair advantage.

Not only is this cheating to me, but you're actually gonna cap your game at 128 and expect new players in a world 

of 240+ games? And You do this to fix some little bitty glitch, that was at best an amusement n din't effect game play.

Golds Win Again. 

As I understand it, because of the sliding bug LO had two choices:

1) set the game to 128 so no new players will encounter the sliding bug and allow players to uncap it if they want

2) leave the game uncapped and have many potential new players encountering the sliding bug while also making them responsible for fixing it

I’d have made the same choice.

p.s. The sliding bug drastically effects accuracy, so it certainly can effect gameplay

Edited by CookiePuss