Emily

V-DAY event 2023

Hello everyone,

This week's maintenance for PC and console is scheduled for Wednesday (02/08) at 9 AM UTC. The maintenance will last 4 to 6 hours and will include system patches and updates that will add Valentine event for PC.

Thank you for your patience during this period!

P.S: The thread has been cross-posted from Game Updates

As of this patch you will be able to increase your clients FPS cap by yourself, to do so head over to your APB install directory and go to Engine\Config and open the file called "BaseEngine.ini". In there you want to scroll down or search for "MaxClientFrameRate=128" and set the value at the end to whatever you want your cap to be, to restore the current behavior if you have a 144Hz monitor set the value to 145 although you may now also exceed said cap up to 500.

!!!You will have to start the game with the APB.exe located in the Binaries folder to keep the changes set in BaseEngine.ini!!!

Raising your FPS cap above 145 will make existing issues related to running above 128 fps worse although sliding will only happen if your fps is too stable aka running at cap. There's an issue related to high framerates that makes your crosshair open and show an inaccurate accuracy value, this is however a purely visual bug and does not actually affect accuracy.

If you want to keep using your existing BaseEngine.ini from last patch as part of a config it is advised to add the new "MaxClientFrameRate=" line yourself just under the "MaxSmoothedFrameRate=" line in the .ini, make sure to add a value as well!

• Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I am still searching for my future husband.

aren't we all?

7 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Why are we still here.

For everyone else's entertainment.

Holy Hell its been a LONG time, I am doing a 3.5 gig update since I have not played in over a year. Anything changed?

15 hours ago, Frosi said:

Raising your FPS cap above 145 will make existing issues related to running above 128 fps worse although sliding will only happen if your fps is too stable aka running at cap. There's an issue related to high framerates that makes your crosshair open and show an inaccurate accuracy value, this is however a purely visual bug and does not actually affect accuracy.

When is this getting fixed? Any ETA? The game has way too many inconsistencies related to crosshair precision already.

15 hours ago, Frosi said:

As of this patch you will be able to increase your clients FPS cap by yourself, to do so head over to your APB install directory and go to Engine\Config and open the file called "BaseEngine.ini". In there you want to scroll down or search for "MaxClientFrameRate=128" and set the value at the end to whatever you want your cap to be, to restore the current behavior if you have a 144Hz monitor set the value to 145 although you may now also exceed said cap up to 500.

!!!You will have to start the game with the APB.exe located in the Binaries folder to keep the changes set in BaseEngine.ini!!!

If you want to keep using your existing BaseEngine.ini from last patch as part of a config it is advised to add the new "MaxClientFrameRate=" line yourself just under the "MaxSmoothedFrameRate=" line in the .ini, make sure to add a value as well!

Im sure the answer is somewhere but i cant seem to find it.. when does the v-day 023 event last until? 

Merged.

I found it.. "February 22th" lol also.. i unlocked "a perfect match" but didnt recieve the quiver or the 5 gift boxes.. how do we recieve those and/or when?

• Thanks 1

So yeah Heartbreaker in inventory is weirdly listed under ALL and not RIFLES. At first i thought i got scammed by Armas 🤨

On 2/18/2023 at 4:30 AM, Temporal said:

So yeah Heartbreaker in inventory is weirdly listed under ALL and not RIFLES. At first i thought i got scammed by Armas 🤨

It's listed under "Valentines Day", it'll go back to "Rifles" after the patch.

22 hours ago, Sophiie said:

It's listed under "Valentines Day",

Which isn't a category in the list, so ultimately irrelevant to the point. This needs to be fixed, it's been an issue for literally almost a decade now.