Ximin

Finding the perfect mouse sensitivity

Hello everyone, I'm playing APB for a long time, and I noticed that one of my biggest flaws in this game, is indeed my aim, I struggle sometimes hitting the enemy's, specially in close quarters situations, I looked online for a way to find the perfect sense, but there is no videos our forum topics speaking about this subject. I know besides any change on my aim settings it's all about training and getting used to, but I feel at the same time, that maybe my sensitivity is not as it supposed to be.

Any method to find the perfect sense? 

Thank you everyone 

Ximin

I can help you,

But do you have the patience, time and discipline to achieve near perfect aim? 

turn off mouse smoothing & enhance mouse (windows)   

In order to have perfectly mouse sensitivity you must play on a comfortable gaming mice with the right mouse sensitivity & dpi settings for you, preferable large mouse pad size and keep sensitivity consistently on all shooters. 

It is important to know how much space when making mouse movements, your hand to track, you need to know how far it takes to do a 90, 180, 360 degrees. 

while you move your mice you are doing a repetitive movement a motor skill that you develop soon to be muscle memory and that’s the key 

Im happy to assist you and make  an analysis if you tell me what mice, mouse-sensitivity & dpi, mouse pad  using and how much fps in game.

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 1

Even more important than mouse sens: Stop aiming with your wrist, aim with your elbow. Unless if you like carpal tunnel and all that fun stuff.

• Like 2

On 2/7/2023 at 9:40 PM, Deadliest said:

I can help you,

But do you have the patience, time and discipline to achieve near perfect aim? 

turn off mouse smoothing & enhance mouse (windows)   

In order to have perfectly mouse sensitivity you must play on a comfortable gaming mice with the right mouse sensitivity & dpi settings for you, preferable large mouse pad size and keep sensitivity consistently on all shooters. 

It is important to know how much space when making mouse movements, your hand to track, you need to know how far it takes to do a 90, 180, 360 degrees. 

while you move your mice you are doing a repetitive movement a motor skill that you develop soon to be muscle memory and that’s the key 

Im happy to assist you and can make and analysis if you tell me what mice, mouse-sensitivity & dpi, mouse pad  using and how much fps in game.

Well first things first, thank you for you reply. At the moment I am using a razor deathadder V2 , with 600dpi. The mouse pad is a legion control (450x400).

In game:

Mouse Sensitivity: 8.3

Marksmanship: 0.21

FPS: Average - 110 (sometimes I suffer some Stuttering and drops to 70 in a second)

Mouse smoothing OFF

Enhance Mouse OFF

My machine (just in case you need)

Lenovo Legion 5

CPU: Ryzen 4800h

GPU: RTX2060

RAM 16gb

144hz 1ms monitor

Merged.

On 2/7/2023 at 11:59 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Even more important than mouse sens: Stop aiming with your wrist, aim with your elbow. Unless if you like carpal tunnel and all that fun stuff.

What is the big difference between wrist aim and elbow aim?  I never stopped to think about that..

7 hours ago, Ximin said:

What is the big difference between wrist aim and elbow aim?  I never stopped to think about that..

More intricate degree of accuracy with your elbow, though you need a large mouse pad and desk space to do so. Since it is a more macro movement it puts far less strain than a micro movement on the sensitive wrists and fingers. Of course you'll still use your wrist a little bit for fine tuning your aim, but the majority should come from your elbow. Even adding some shoulder in there can be good too, just watch it with flicking and shoulder movements. The human arm is also able to do straight lines when rotating from the elbow than the wrist. That is more of a drawing thing, but some of it can translate to game aiming too.

pivots.jpg?w=640

Your wrist will thank you in ten years.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ximin said:

Well first things first, thank you for you reply. At the moment I am using a razor deathadder V2 , with 600dpi. The mouse pad is a legion control (450x400).

In game:

Mouse Sensitivity: 8.3

Marksmanship: 0.21

FPS: Average - 110 (sometimes I suffer some Stuttering and drops to 70 in a second)

Mouse smoothing OFF

Enhance Mouse OFF

My machine (just in case you need)

Lenovo Legion 5

CPU: Ryzen 4800h

GPU: RTX2060

RAM 16gb

144hz 1ms monitor

are u having difficulty tracking a target because your movements are too fast or slow?

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 7:17 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

More intricate degree of accuracy with your elbow, though you need a large mouse pad and desk space to do so. Since it is a more macro movement it puts far less strain than a micro movement on the sensitive wrists and fingers. Of course you'll still use your wrist a little bit for fine tuning your aim, but the majority should come from your elbow. Even adding some shoulder in there can be good too, just watch it with flicking and shoulder movements. The human arm is also able to do straight lines when rotating from the elbow than the wrist. That is more of a drawing thing, but some of it can translate to game aiming too.

pivots.jpg?w=640

Your wrist will thank you in ten years.

I am more a wrist player, that's because of my desk height, I need to get a decent one with the right hight, I will try to focus more my movements with elbow.

Merged.

On 2/8/2023 at 8:48 AM, Deadliest said:

are u having difficulty tracking a target because your movements are too fast or slow?

My movements are too slow, I feel that, to track the enemy's I need to do a lot of effort, and I feel my hand really stressed.

19 minutes ago, Ximin said:

My movements are too slow, I feel that, to track the enemy's I need to do a lot of effort, and I feel my hand really stressed.

so you prefer a bit of higher sensitivity I suggest you set your DPI to 800 & start with 7 in game sensitivity + at least 4 ADS, that should give you a distance of 29.7 CM for a 360°.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Deadliest said:

so you prefer a bit of higher sensitivity I suggest you set your DPI to 800 & start with 7 in game sensitivity + at least 4 ADS, that should give you a distance of 29.7 CM for a 360°.

What means ADS? Sorry for asking

3 minutes ago, Deadliest said:

marksman

Going from a 0.21 to 4 isnt a big change?

3 minutes ago, Ximin said:

Going from a 0.21 to 4 isnt a big change?

sorry my bad it's 0.4 pretty much just to balance out the movement speed ADS with Hipfire sensitivity. if you like slow marksman it's really up to you. 

Alright, will try that settings later, thank you once again for the help

21 hours ago, Deadliest said:

sorry my bad it's 0.4 pretty much just to balance out the movement speed ADS with Hipfire sensitivity. if you like slow marksman it's really up to you. 

After testing the settings you recommended, I feel an improvement, more competitive, more kills, just need a minimal tune, thats because in some close/mid-range situations I still struggle, but not as much as I used to.

Actually playing against some veteran "top" players I had that feeling "this time I can do it". 

Once again thank you all for you time and effort to help me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1