MattScott

APB 1.30 Open Beta has begun

8 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I wonder how you'd react if you knew just how much of APB is client side trust... and that it used to be even more than it is now.

This isn't a bug, it's an intentional feature. It's to help mitigate the user sending projectiles into the massively oversized hitboxes of the game's vehicles. For obvious reasons, hitting the car you're taking cover behind with an OSMAW isn't conducive to continued existence.

The main thing is to wind up more tape and everything will work - the motto of the one who did it.

15 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I don't think it can be overstated just how egregiously ridiculous the vehicle hitboxes in this game are.

That has nothing to do with what I said.

I was pleasantly surprised by the ability to run APB on Linux (including the Steam Deck), but my joy seems to have been premature. After downloading the new OTW - Valentine's update, I am now getting kicked by BattleEye immediately after entering a district with the message "Unsupported platform". I hope disabling this restriction is a simple change, and you guys are going to do it. Pretty please!

https://store.steampowered.com/news/group/4145017/view/3104663180636096966

1 hour ago, Tajmoti said:

I was pleasantly surprised by the ability to run APB on Linux (including the Steam Deck), but my joy seems to have been premature. After downloading the new OTW - Valentine's update, I am now getting kicked by BattleEye immediately after entering a district with the message "Unsupported platform". I hope disabling this restriction is a simple change, and you guys are going to do it. Pretty please!

https://store.steampowered.com/news/group/4145017/view/3104663180636096966

I cannot reproduce this problem, it seems to be an issue with BE compatibility on your end. For me the combination of Bottles and Proton-GE still works on the current patch.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mojical said:

I cannot reproduce this problem, it seems to be an issue with BE compatibility on your end. For me the combination of Bottles and Proton-GE still works on the current patch.

After killing all processes of the APB bottle, I am unable to reproduce this. Let's hope it stays this way. In any case, disregard my original message, at least for now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dean Hall said:

Is there a way to transfer over your live character for testing?

No.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dean Hall said:

Is there a way to transfer over your live character for testing?

On 2/4/2023 at 8:36 PM, mojical said:

System mail issue happens too, will have to see if there are some more missing dependencies that could be causing it. Weirdly enough the title shows up correctly for a second then changes to "system mail", but the items can be redeemed correctly. It's just difficult to know which mail is which.

I'm glad it worked fine on Nvidia as well. How was your performance in terms of FPS?

Now that 1.3 is Live, are you able to play it through steam on linux? I can't get it to work right now, launcher opens, updates and installs directx etc but when I click play it just closes and steam reports it closed as well.

An opgl grenade falls under the map if it falls between the yellow marking line and the curb of the road.

If you blow up an explosive package and almost immediately die. The explosive package will appear inside the character after rebirth. This often happens when catching enemy drivers on live bait.

The collision of the explosive package prevents the character from moving if he is released.

All these bugs migrated to the new version of the game

Edited by Yapopal

2 hours ago, gogeo said:

Now that 1.3 is Live, are you able to play it through steam on linux? I can't get it to work right now, launcher opens, updates and installs directx etc but when I click play it just closes and steam reports it closed as well.

That's an issue with APBLauncher on Linux, the solution is usually to set separate entries for the launcher and game until a root cause for this is found.

If you want to modify APB on Steam so that it starts the game directly bypassing the launcher (and the bug I mentioned), type this into your launch options on "Properties":

$(echo %command% | sed -r "s/proton waitforexitandrun .*/proton waitforexitandrun/") "$STEAM_COMPAT_INSTALL_PATH/Binaries/APB.exe"  -nosteam

I still recommend using Bottles or SteamTinkerLaunch instead, since Steam integration is still broken (hence -nosteam above).

Edited by mojical
wording
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, mojical said:

That's an issue with APBLauncher on Linux, the solution is usually to set separate entries for the launcher and game until a root cause for this is found.

If you want to modify APB on Steam so that it starts the game directly bypassing the launcher (and the bug I mentioned), type this into your launch options on "Properties":

$(echo %command% | sed -r "s/proton waitforexitandrun .*/proton waitforexitandrun/") "$STEAM_COMPAT_INSTALL_PATH/Binaries/APB.exe"  -nosteam

I still recommend using Bottles or SteamTinkerLaunch instead, since Steam integration is still broken (hence -nosteam above).

This now launches the game but when I join a district it prompts back to menu screen with "BattleEye failed to start" etc.

1 hour ago, nattsvart_katt said:

Yea but you lowered the fps maxlimit to 128

Please explain why

to prevent the sliding bug, setting 128 as the standard means players don’t need to figure out how to do it on their own

Graffiti bug. Draw your own symbol on the billboard, replace the symbol with another one, drive 100 meters away, go back. The texture of the old symbol will become blurred.