MattScott

APB 1.30 Open Beta has begun

I can't find billiard balls in the new version of the game. In the live version there is a bug due to which the balls fly past the crosshair if the character crouches down.

haven't had the chance to try out the new beta but I really would like a workaround for missions where players are waiting for the other team to join. a lot of teamkilling occurs when one player doesn't listen and tries to complete the objectives before a PVP has started.

also, it would be nice to have some pure solo missions for challenges and achievements, something everyone can do when they don't feel like joining other people

good work LO by the way, you guys have put up with a lot of grief which isn't your fault and I know you can do it. keep going.

6 hours ago, BlatMan said:

Rust uses EAC. The official servers are unplayable due to the amount of cheaters. There's lots of players who can jump higher and fly. There's magic bullet that lets you hit any player within range without aiming at them. It can even hit behind walls. These players do get banned eventually but only through mass reporting. If obvious cheats like that are getting past, I doubt the less obvious are ever detected. They changed the recoil system from patterns to random because of the wide usage of no recoil macros.

I don't see EAC being this magical fix like others see it. If LO ignore blatant cheaters, like ones who post clips of themselves cheating and have multiple steam accounts each with multiple VAC bans, I doubt it's going to be different with another brand anti-cheat.

I will never understand how it's possible to freely upload videos to twitch and youtube while blatantly cheating without being manually caught by gms. I have no hope in APB anticheat system while these players keep doing what they like...

1 hour ago, Uhtdred said:

I will never understand how it's possible to freely upload videos to twitch and youtube while blatantly cheating without being manually caught by gms. I have no hope in APB anticheat system while these players keep doing what they like...

In APB case, they probably didn’t have any time or they just don’t get paid for it. For bigger companies... well recent GTA modders incident says it all, they just don’t care, money is top priority. Also in APB is a bit harder to recognize a cheater since we don’t have total chaos these guys can cause in other games. 

Nice, you cant create on EU Test Servers a new Character, rly beautiful after some years that the game has 0 Adverts to get new Players, and none links to check the servers if they are crashed or have high latency and need to wait to make an character. GG i am now on NA Servers as a EU Player.

2 hours ago, DrZePiC said:

Nice, you cant create on EU Test Servers a new Character, rly beautiful after some years that the game has 0 Adverts to get new Players, and none links to check the servers if they are crashed or have high latency and need to wait to make an character. GG i am now on NA Servers as a EU Player.

It’s just a latency difference, nothing more. Probably one of reasons they made it NA exclusively is because majority of americans have high end PC’s, so they can run APB without installing low end configs. 

I played couple of missions having 200ms and still enjoyed it. Kinda sucks I can’t hit my shots at most, but i feel the NA guys on EU now 😅

3 hours ago, Nagletz said:

In APB case, they probably didn’t have any time or they just don’t get paid for it. For bigger companies... well recent GTA modders incident says it all, they just don’t care, money is top priority. Also in APB is a bit harder to recognize a cheater since we don’t have total chaos these guys can cause in other games. 

I bet they get rated on number of cases closed. Looking at a 30s video clip is 30s longer to click the close button. I also doubt the support staff have any experience in playing video games so they don't even know what is and isn't possible.

GTA Online is an absolute mess. 99% of game state is client sided. At least with APB the server has the last say.

anyone know what's the subject of the mail stuff for apb cash? I made a new char and i dont have any cash.

1 minute ago, Uhtdred said:

anyone know what's the subject of the mail stuff for apb cash? I made a new char and i dont have any cash.

there is cash in the mails lol

35 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

Somewhere in middle pages of mail, looks untypical, there's should be 9m in attachment.

• Like 1

Some quick first impression since didn't have time to play much:

The game seems to run slightly better and maybe load faster which I really didn't expect.

However, i get something like consistent frame skipping when moving the camera around (as if the game holds on a frame for longer than it should and then skips ahead. Similar to playing a streamed game on a weak connection) which is not present on live. 

I also get this file blocked by battleye which is also not happening on live:

[INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Program Files\Avira\Endpoint Protection SDK\amsi\x64\avamsi.dll"

Edited by PotatoeGirl

best beta so far i hope to see it improve so we dont have to keep reinstalling the game alot to play 

My personal experience it's amazing... As well jarring that I can pretty much hit 100+ FPS all times unless it's very crowed... Then it can drop into 90s. As for issues probably same as everyone. Obnoxiously loud joker vending machines and performance degrade over time. At the same time... Kinda hard to stress it besides gun game... Which helps but 20v20 asylum would work better to really see a stress on performance but everyone just wanna do missions. Otherwise... Its far smoother then live so far for me.

14 hours ago, Yapopal said:

I can't find billiard balls in the new version of the game. In the live version there is a bug due to which the balls fly past the crosshair if the character crouches down.

Can you elaborate on this, cause im not noticing anything.

I am currently out of town, using my old rig

16GB RAM
An Ancient GTX960 4GB
i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz

I downloaded it and I was BLOWN AWAY how it ran. My FPS Meter was stuck at 100 FPS and would not budge. Game felt smooth. Sadly nobody was on NA to test combat. 

Tried making a character for EU, but it said the EU server is down so...

Only two issues I noticed so far.
-Joker Vending Machines not having their filtered voice/voicelines repeat too often
-In the Clothing Editor, when changing clothing categories or browsing clothes, the game freezes for 1-2 seconds, to outright freezing for 5 seconds till it loads another category.

Looking to play more and provide more feedback if the EU server is up. 

3 hours ago, Nickolai said:

16GB RAM
An Ancient GTX960 4GB GTX1060 6GB
i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz

I downloaded it and I was BLOWN AWAY how it ran.

+1

19 hours ago, SkittyM said:

Can you elaborate on this, cause im not noticing anything.

Figured it out. Grenades fly to the right or left of the target, depending on the camera position. This happens if the character is near a car with which he can interact. It is necessary to sit on the right or left side of the car. You need to throw grenades towards the car. Grenades fly past the target regardless of the character's posture. If you move away from the car, the bug will disappear.

This bug is critical if you use billiard balls. Because you need to throw them at an impressive distance. 

Further research revealed that OSMAW and OPGL type explosive devices behave in a similar way. The character is located near the side rearview mirror. I squat, get up, shoot through the car. The rocket is flying sideways.

The bug is present in version 1.30. Firework, and OPGL behave the same as in the live version. Other types of explosive weapons are not available to me.

Edited by Yapopal
  • Thanks 1

I want to go EU and test there, but it keeps saying EU is offline when I try to make a character.

Is this test only for NA?

4 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

I want to go EU and test there, but it keeps saying EU is offline when I try to make a character.

There isn't an EU server, only NA.

On 2/5/2023 at 12:21 PM, BlatMan said:

At least with APB the server has the last say.

I wonder how you'd react if you knew just how much of APB is client side trust... and that it used to be even more than it is now.

2 hours ago, Yapopal said:

Figured it out. Grenades fly to the right or left of the target, depending on the camera position. This happens if the character is near a car with which he can interact. It is necessary to sit on the right or left side of the car. You need to throw grenades towards the car. Grenades fly past the target regardless of the character's posture. If you move away from the car, the bug will disappear. This bug is critical if you use billiard balls. Because you need to throw them at an impressive distance. Further research revealed that OSMAW and OPGL type explosive devices behave in a similar way. The character is located near the side rearview mirror. I squat, get up, shoot through the car. The rocket is flying sideways. The bug is present in version 1.30. Firework, and OPGL behave the same as in the live version. Other types of explosive weapons are not available to me.

This isn't a bug, it's an intentional feature. It's to help mitigate the user sending projectiles into the massively oversized hitboxes of the game's vehicles. For obvious reasons, hitting the car you're taking cover behind with an OSMAW isn't conducive to continued existence.

2 hours ago, Nickolai said:

There's little interest in testing these things so its usually best to just do it on one server regardless of ping just to have everyone on one server, things would likely be unplayable / testable if there were 2 servers cause it'd be like 10 ppl on one server and 10-20 on the other.

19 minutes ago, Frosi said:

There's little interest in testing these things so its usually best to just do it on one server regardless of ping just to have everyone on one server, things would likely be unplayable / testable if there were 2 servers cause it'd be like 10 ppl on one server and 10-20 on the other.

There were only 15 people on NA, so I thought I''d go to EU since I know EU is more active. 😁

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

I wonder how you'd react if you knew just how much of APB is client side trust... and that it used to be even more than it is now.

This isn't a bug, it's an intentional feature. It's to help mitigate the user sending projectiles into the massively oversized hitboxes of the game's vehicles. For obvious reasons, hitting the car you're taking cover behind with an OSMAW isn't conducive to continued existence.

I'm sure there's a lot client sided that shouldn't be, but it's still better than what GTA did.

The vehicle's hitbox is not blocking line of sight between the exit point of the rocket and the intended target. It should come out strait. This needs to be changed. The same thing happens with grenades. The game thinks you're aiming at a closer location than what you really are, so it changes the projectile's trajectory to land at the closer position.

On 2/5/2023 at 4:02 PM, Uhtdred said:

Mine had the word "money" in the title.

Edited by BlatMan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BlatMan said:

The vehicle's hitbox is not blocking line of sight between the exit point of the rocket and the intended target

I don't think it can be overstated just how egregiously ridiculous the vehicle hitboxes in this game are.