MattScott

APB 1.30 Open Beta has begun

I'm sorry that I'm writing off topic. Developers are actively reading this topic now. That's why I do this. Thank you for doing something that many people before you could not do. The next problem of this game is matchmaking TEAMS. This system works very poorly. A tool is needed that initially divides players according to the level of the game in different districts. There is no need to restrict movement between districts. Add a system of rewards and penalties for visiting a district with an inappropriate level of play. It should work as before, but much harsher. For advanced players, the set of points is not so important. For advanced players who have visited the bronze district, limit the choice of weapons, reduce health, speed, submit information about the mission with a delay or limited. For weak players who have visited the golden district, increase the number of points earned. This can be done without resorting to significant time costs. The popularity of the game will not suffer from this. finally, the genocide of new players will stop.

Merged.

Need a button to exit the mission with the enemy. I'll do it anyway by earning a fine, or I'll quit the game. But it's annoying and takes up my teammates' time.

• Like 1

Hello Matt, that really sounds great, I haven't been here for ages, well at least not logged in and writing.

I hope you will soon migrate the existing accounts and characters into the OTW. It is vital for further testing that we have a lot of maximum customized characters running and testing around. Many previous tests have shown that this has a major impact on performance, crashes and bugs. So it shall definately be done before anything goes live.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R3ACT3M said:

It loads fast

It takes longer to load the main menu than it does to join a district. They need to remove that ugly thing, I still have the retail and RTW files. Maybe Matt can find a way to add the old main menu in.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BlatMan said:

It takes longer to load the main menu than it does to join a district. They need to remove that ugly thing, I still have the retail and RTW files. Maybe Matt can find a way to add the old main menu in.

I agree with you. The main menu now looks disgusting. Presentations with 3D text look about the same in the old version of the Word program.

Overall was positive experience.Crash only once i think.The stutters still there for me dou and the curious thing is dat they are not when u fight some1(like in live)but just random when u move around.The dev commented that we all have it so i guess will be fixed in future(also im from EU and we play on NA server plus have only 8 GB of ram)

Edited by AlienTM

3 hours ago, BlatMan said:

They already said it's not as simple as turning it back on or off. That the whole log in would have to be remade. I also wouldn't be surprised if those files were encrypted. But hey who knows

4 hours ago, Yapopal said:

Need a button to exit the mission with the enemy. I'll do it anyway by earning a fine, or I'll quit the game. But it's annoying and takes up my teammates' time.

Yea I would happily take punishments while also having a choice to leave a mission

For an inital base this is really good. Only real bug that I came across was alt tab and alt enter ceasing to function forcing me to either ctrl shift esc or ctrl alt del to tab out. Everything else was already a known bug so not worth mentioning

5900x (Adv PBO |+200Mhz Max Boost | EDC Lim 120) - I am also running APB on it as if it's a 5600x through Process Lasso so it only has half of the total cores available but this didn't effect performance on this build of the game.

32GB 3600C14

In Financial when I played in a ~20-20 district was averaging between 170-220fps on a modified max preset (no dynamic shadows). With ~17 or so players around it was dropping down to more like 100-120fps and with particles from true ogres it was of course dropping as low as 70 but with a reasonably sized mission in an area the ~150fps average you get is acceptable.

Social was bouncing between 300-500 on the same modified max preset.

30 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

They already said it's not as simple as turning it back on or off. That the whole log in would have to be remade. I also wouldn't be surprised if those files were encrypted. But hey who knows

They can reuse the current character editor map and add the old music to it. From what I can tell the RTW and retail version are not encrypted. There's also an app that can open the current version files, which is how players removed muzzle flash and stuff.

• Thanks 1

I'm kind of busy this week. I don't think I can. Thanks for the offer though.

I was looking for the maximum possible fps (1818 looking at the sky without interface) and found that slide became many times worse, i don't press the walk button during the firing if anything. Hope LO will fix this before the release 

20 hours ago, slaughs said:

Out of memory. Exiting...

just like in regular version.

i9 12900kf, RTX 4090, 64GB RAM 4000Mhz

400-600 FPS in social

200-250 FPS in Financial no matter which resolution and settings

500 FPS in social...

Simply glorious.

3 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

Yea I would happily take punishments while also having a choice to leave a mission

punishment would have to be enough to deter quitting though... 15 minutes before you can log in or whatever

Once APB switches to EasyAntiCheat, will linux support be enabled for it?

Battleye is blocking audio codecs. I don't have this issue with the live version, or any other game that uses BattlEye.

N1LRfFY.png

There's also no point in further testing if you're going to have a GM using their fast speed to win in the events.

Edited by BlatMan

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

punishment would have to be enough to deter quitting though... 15 minutes before you can log in or whatever

well not logging in, that's too much. More like, after X amount of abandonactivemission's in a row start a matchmaking cooldown starting at 5 min then increase it by 10min for every active mission abandoned then have the timer reset every week. This should immediately put a matchmaking cool down on the opponents the player abandoned from. To avoid repeat games and making the active abandon useless in the long run.

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Only fines medals. Five medals - kick. Otherwise, this button is useless. Time penalties are annoying. It will be easier to restart the client. An exit mission with an opponent button will allow players to choose who they fight. There will be more free players in the district. The matchmaking system will work better. Players will not waste time on useless missions. It is necessary to return the threat to the districts. The threat of areas gives players an understanding of where they should go in order not to waste time.

A simple situation - you are smashed with a score of 15-0. You leave the mission and get a penalty for 15 minutes. Is it fair? People are not robots, they are able to understand that the enemy is not suitable for them. A fine is needed, but not so serious. A kick for five fines will be enough. 

Edited by Yapopal

6 hours ago, Yapopal said:

simple situation - you are smashed with a score of 15-0. You leave the mission and get a penalty for 15 minutes. Is it fair? People are not robots, they are able to understand that the enemy is not suitable for them. A fine is needed, but not so serious. A kick for five fines will be enough. 

this is one of those situations where everyone gets punished because some people will abuse the function - those players who would use the exit mission button as soon as they lose the first objective, or when they encounter players of equal skill level that they dislike, etc

if you want to leave a mission so badly, as you mentioned there is already a way to do that, and the fact that you find restarting so annoying to me indicates that you would be one of the players abusing an exit button

As I've brought up many times over the years, unopposed missions should not happen. They are the biggest contributor to the game's matchmaking issues, and also the easiest thing to fix. Missions should only start if there are at least 2 players on both sides (ideally, 4 players on both, as that's what the game is designed around). This also has the added benefit of making it so that players actually have to play the mission, instead of the unopposed team "preparing" the mission so that as many stages as possible are already completed before opposition is even assigned.

I do agree as well that /abandonmission should work in opposed missions, with a penalty system to discourage abuse. Such a system should allow 2-3 uses without penalty, but then ramp the penalties up exponentially on every use beyond that. Additionally, the system should back off each time the player completes a mission normally (ideally a bit more if the mission is a win, to incentivize positive gameplay), so that the player can earn more uses of /abandonmission throughout their gameplay session. Lastly, have a general daily reset, so that players start fresh the next day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, glaciers said:

this is one of those situations where everyone gets punished because some people will abuse the function - those players who would use the exit mission button as soon as they lose the first objective, or when they encounter players of equal skill level that they dislike, etc

if you want to leave a mission so badly, as you mentioned there is already a way to do that, and the fact that you find restarting so annoying to me indicates that you would be one of the players abusing an exit button

Why waste time on something you don't like? Why kill teammates to get a kick? Why restart the client? Why arrange these dances with a tambourine by the fire? If you don't like it, you press the button, you get a fine, keep playing. I emphasize that the exit button from the mission must be added only after the introduction of threat districts. Otherwise there will be chaos.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, eue said:

I was looking for the maximum possible fps (1818 looking at the sky without interface) and found that slide became many times worse, i don't press the walk button during the firing if anything. Hope LO will fix this before the release 

engine limitation, can't be fixed ;D

14 hours ago, eue said:

Is this the same issue that happened years ago with the 144 fps thing? But now its back cause of even higher fps?

8 hours ago, Yapopal said:

~snip~

9 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

~snip~

Sorry the 15 minute suggestion I just kind of spit out. 

You both have good suggestions, I guess I just want a bigger consequence.