safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs

The core of the toxicity is the matchmaking.

You should disable the ability to toggle off alliance matchmaking. All the "good" players group in 2-4 man groups and disable the ability to match with others on same faction unless they so happen to get called into backup. What happens is the majority of players filling the districts don't ever get matches with grouped players and are always vsing grouped players. Vsing grouped players is what causes the toxicity, because what the matchmaking does is put 1 super high gold with a bunch of inexperienced silvers, bronzes and greens because it cannot pull other golds due to them being in a group with alliance disabled. 

putting 3 silvers with less than 100 hours played with 1 gold against 3 highly experienced golds, maxed out with mods is very imbalanced and creates toxicity. People will team kill their silver teamates to leave the mission or they will try to get the silvers/bronzes to teamkill them so that they can kick them.

Its about time this gets addressed as its just stupid as fucking hell and its been YEARS and this needs to get fixed somehow. All you guys do is permaban people who get thrown into these messed up matches match after match. How about you just fix this? Disable 3-4 man group, allow only duos to group, and make it so that they cannot disable alliance. this will create more balanced matches (for the meantime, till they roll out new engine soonTM)

Edited by safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs
  • Like 4

Removing alliance will speed up matchmaking, but it won't fix perceived balance issues. Even if skill was perfect, at best there's a 50/50 chance of you winning. You will lose half the matches.

It matches 1 gold with a bunch of silvers against 3 golds because that is what the matchmaking system thinks is balanced. There's a limited number of players for the matchmaking system to choose from so it matches the closest it can get without waiting too long.

There's so many external variables that affect missions that perfect matchmaking will not solve. Objective is a big one. For example, those phone booths facing the street are stupid easy to defend since there's no cover. For easy to attack there's the storefronts that even the defending team can accidentally destroy and complete the stage.

• Like 1

It won't fix the matchmaking at all and will only ruin the game for those who wants to play only with friends. The core problem is a combination of factors such as faction segregation, 40v40 limited environment and low pop. 

While lorewise faction segregation makes sense it hurts the matchmaking a lot. For example in one district 40v40 on crim side there're 10 decent gold players while on enf side it's about 20. 10 decent gold enfs will be matched against silvers and newbies or sitting on unopposed missions. Even in the current situation removing faction segregation will help the game a bit.

40v40 environment is also an archaic matchmaking system, it needs to be changed with a cross district system.

• Like 2

it would help for the time being is what im saying. 

you 2 play in groups, try soloing for a week. 

and im saying to remove alliance toggle + limit groups to 2 players only. alot of people would be in 2 man groups instead of 4 which i see now. 

in matches you would see a duo + 1-2 players vs duo + duo or solos, instead of a 4 man group vs all solos

Edited by safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs

Yup. groups ruin this game. 

If there were more players and bigger team sizes it wouldn't matter but now it is guaranteed to have at least 2 golds  vs a silver and a bronze. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YOU CAN"T PLAY MULTIPLAYER VIDEO GAMES WITH OTHER PEOPLE

STOP IT

• Like 1

Don't remove the ability to disable alliance matching. It's so nice being able to just roll with your group, without having to worry about randos screwing the match balance.

Instead, add a feature where players can opt into cross faction matching. By opting in, you open yourself to be matchable into a match where both sides can have any mixture of Enforcers and Criminals. If you don't opt in, you will only experience the traditional Enforcer vs Criminal matches. This feature would not be a permanent thing, you could always opt out at any time.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

You described a situation in which 3 Serbs and 1 Gold are fighting against 3 Gold. This is a classic indicator of the inoperability of the selection of opponents. You want to protect yourself from incorrect operation of the matchmaking system. You don't need to defend, you need to attack. If the system does not work well, you need to reconfigure it. It is also necessary to avoid a situation in which players with a huge skill gap can meet. For this you need:

1 bring back the threat of districts.
2 divide the threat levels by more than three.
3 to create a system of rewards and HARD punishments for players playing in districts that do not correspond to the level of danger.
4 unlock the button to exit the mission with the enemy, with a use limit and loss of reputation.

• Like 2

Part of playing games is playing with friends. Ppl wont play as much if they cant play with friends

The core of the toxicity is being a snowflake

Edited by Gro

On 2/6/2023 at 2:24 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YOU CAN"T PLAY MULTIPLAYER VIDEO GAMES WITH OTHER PEOPLE

STOP IT

I knew i was playing against bots all this time. 

2 hours ago, PotatoeGirl said:

I knew i was playing against bots all this time. 

At least some of the time, you were! 😛

the entire point of APB is asymmetrical matchmaking and pvp.

trying to change that makes the game worse everytime.

Past two days I've had the worst matchmaking possible, it just feels like due to influx of new players veterans moved to Crim and are taking all the joy out of the game.

matchmaking.png

Edited by AutumnSan

8 hours ago, AutumnSan said:

Past two days I've had the worst matchmaking possible, it just feels like due to influx of new players veterans moved to Crim and are taking all the joy out of the game.

matchmaking.png

Is this really the best evidence you have?

13 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Do you have something actually relevant to add? 

18 hours ago, AutumnSan said:

Do you have something actually relevant to add? 

Nothing to add to in the first place.

On 2/10/2023 at 8:07 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

How about the match I had yesterday?

My team: 5x silvers of various low ratings (R0-R150 kind of deal) and myself (R255, matchmaking at mid/high silver level). No groups.

Their team: 6x golds of mostly R255, and a couple at high rating (R195+). Two of them were in a group, the rest were randoms.

Matchmaking is completely fucked, and has been completely fucked for many years. This shouldn't be surprising to anyone who's been around as long as you.

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

How about the match I had yesterday?

My team: 5x silvers of various low ratings (R0-R150 kind of deal) and myself (R255, matchmaking at mid/high silver level). No groups.

Their team: 6x golds of mostly R255, and a couple at high rating (R195+). Two of them were in a group, the rest were randoms.

Matchmaking is completely fucked, and has been completely fucked for many years. This shouldn't be surprising to anyone who's been around as long as you.

I'm not denying matchmaking is fucked due to low district population. I was just saying his picture wasn't that great of an example.

Matchmaking should prioritize groups with groups, and solos with solos

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I'm not denying matchmaking is fucked due to low district population. I was just saying his picture wasn't that great of an example.

Oh, I've got plenty. that one was just at that moment.

Here's another just now:

5.png

Edit: Mind you that during this match the district was 50/50

Edited by AutumnSan

This is exactly why I stopped playing missions, I was just so sick and tired of being matched with random silvers vs opposition full of premade golds.

I don't see much that Little Orbit can do at the moment since the population is what it is, matchmaking is this way becuase of factors in population too.

Edited by ArtDeco

10 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

Matchmaking should prioritize groups with groups, and solos with solos

Would be a good change, for sure.