zReal

LO performance and comm (FE)

It was said that game was *launched for community* (so it's *running*),
then there are 2 simple questions to Little Orbit:
1. When are you going to address general game performance issues such as:
- unplayable due to lag on weekends and not only on weekends
- sometimes down without any warning/ETA to fix
- no warnings about potential performance issues and outbreaks
Any plans to address that issue in general?
Any plans to warn users (yeah, there are *some* warnings in LO discord, do you consider it enough)?
2. Who is your game community?
- how do you see your game community?
- whom do you want to be your community?
- what do you want/not want from community?
- do you in general want feedback from your community?
- will you continue to host the game, if there are no players (no community)?
etc. Please, describe your game community, as you see it.

@Emilydid I tag you correctly? @Alarisasked me to tag Emily dev from LO team

Edited by zReal

Heya,

I can reply to the questions that I know answers to.

- Game being unplayable on weekends - Whenever I can do restart on my days off I do hop on and try to do it. Most weekends however I do spend with my family without access to PC so it's on a harder end.

- Down without warnings - In this case it's when server crashes and there's no way to predict when that happens. We have two weekly restarts that happen one in morning one in evening, everything other than that means server crashed and we get to it as soon as we see that it happened/get hoped by players.

- See reply above.

Regarding warning users on discord, I passed on the information to team who is in charge of discord to see what can be done there, I wasn't aware there were issues there.

I personally myself always like hearing feedback from players and try and see how I can make it more interesting for you guys. It takes time as I have other projects that I have to do as priority but I always try and make sure that FE has at least events enabled. I do read everything that you guys want and do, Ritual, Knits and I then try and figure out how to implement that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/2/2023 at 2:09 AM, Emily said:

Heya,

I can reply to the questions that I know answers to.

- Game being unplayable on weekends - Whenever I can do restart on my days off I do hop on and try to do it. Most weekends however I do spend with my family without access to PC so it's on a harder end.

- Down without warnings - In this case it's when server crashes and there's no way to predict when that happens. We have two weekly restarts that happen one in morning one in evening, everything other than that means server crashed and we get to it as soon as we see that it happened/get hoped by players.

- See reply above.

Regarding warning users on discord, I passed on the information to team who is in charge of discord to see what can be done there, I wasn't aware there were issues there.

I personally myself always like hearing feedback from players and try and see how I can make it more interesting for you guys. It takes time as I have other projects that I have to do as priority but I always try and make sure that FE has at least events enabled. I do read everything that you guys want and do, Ritual, Knits and I then try and figure out how to implement that.

1. Thank you for your response.

2. I'm sorry but 'restarting server on day-offs' sounds like the part of the problem to me.

You sometimes can restart it, that means that sometimes it is running, but most time it does not, as you cannot restart it.

So that solution is not working.

None of my business how you actually spend your days off, but something like 'restarting server on days-offs' sounds way too unhealthy like an unpaid job during non-working hours.

Is it possible to solve the problem of stability on weekends somehow?

I mean, i think it's better, if you have your day-offs, and we have the game running on weekends, if it's possible. 🙂

I don't suggest to answer that immediately (lol), I suggest to discuss it with your team (LO) and let the community know which decision was made as a result of that discussion.

Btw this weekend (February, 4-5) the game is running surprisingly smooth. Only minor lag presents, but doesn't matter. Was happy to log in on Saturday after the short break and see that the game is running.

3. Thank you for passing that info. I think more comm from Little Orbit side can mitigate the issue and other issues that pop up.

Official CS doesn't respond client tickets. I mean, if CS exists, it should respond, and there should be ETA for the response.

If there's no official CS, so CS doesn't work, I think it should be stated clearly that CS doesn't work.

None of my business how do you guys handle your business but CS job is good to be handled by CS.

4. Thank you, I got the idea about the feedback in general.

5. Events are important, because they push up player activity. However, stability, i think is very important.

What I personally observed in December-January was like that:

a. many people came to play when Grunch event was up. There was much activity. (good)

b. maintenance was decent during Christmas holidays. There was decent comm from the side of GMs also during that period of time. (amazing)

c. at start of January servers were literally left as they are without word about maintenance. The only post in #fe-status during January is Ritual's post at January, 2.

Game was unstable in January.

(awful: first you pull players than push them off, and no comm from publisher = product is abandoned, that's how it looks, imo).

Edited by zReal

As sad as it may sound, but this just seems like "here you go, have your toy... go and play".

No hate, really. As much as I delve into the game's past I'm even more aware of why are things as they are.

This is not profitable game, this is just there to provide super hardcore fans of the game with something to have fun with while they work on game's new launch (I guess).

It's amazing that LO has even done this much for the playerbase.

I just want them to actually realize how big this game can be if they do it right and without pay to win elements.

I found this on steam, downloaded it, tried and the result is in the video I uploaded. It's a shame that it gets laggy when we kinda have most time to devote to it.

If it's gonna be like this non-stop, I'll probably just stop playing it and come back when it's ready to be taken seriously by the team that's publishing and developing it.

Hopefully during my lifetime, cuz it indeed takes long time and seeing their focus on APB (which is bad game in compare to this gem), makes me wonder if there is any interest behind devs for FE at all.

Unfortunately, there will be no restarts during weekend unless either me or my co-worker have free time to do it on our day off. The game is COMPLETLY free, there is no revenue for company at all and the reason why servers are up is for the players as our CEO stated in his post when we were opening the game.

Regarding Customer Support, they are replying on tickets, however, discord concernes should be forwarded to the discord team (mods, CMs). 

Regarding the game being unstable in January, that is unfortunately due to the community exploiting a bug that was crashing the servers (which is fixed now). Maintanance runs every Monday and Wedensday 11:30 CET, and restarts happen, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 11:30 CET and Monday to Friday 23:30 CET. These times have been announced to the community.

If there are any questions feel free to ask. ^^

55 minutes ago, Emily said:

Unfortunately, there will be no restarts during weekend unless either me or my co-worker have free time to do it on our day off. The game is COMPLETLY free, there is no revenue for company at all and the reason why servers are up is for the players as our CEO stated in his post when we were opening the game.

Regarding Customer Support, they are replying on tickets, however, discord concernes should be forwarded to the discord team (mods, CMs). 

Regarding the game being unstable in January, that is unfortunately due to the community exploiting a bug that was crashing the servers (which is fixed now). Maintanance runs every Monday and Wedensday 11:30 CET, and restarts happen, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 11:30 CET and Monday to Friday 23:30 CET. These times have been announced to the community.

If there are any questions feel free to ask. ^^

Thank you, it's clear now about the schedule. Would it work to pin that schedule somewhere, so we can throw a link to people, when they are asking?

I'm sorry but if that schedule was pinned somewhere, I completely missed that point, and nobody showed me any link.

Considering CS I read that as follows: 'they are supposed to reply to CS tickets' but people claim that their CS requests have not been answered in 5 days, what happened on 6th day, perhaps, they lost hope to get answer... what is the ETA for CS response than, is it 6 days or 7 days? I mean, if I want to send a CS ticket, I'd love to know when I should expect the answer.

I'm sorry, but that fact that game has no revenue for the company touches me not so much, honestly:

it's none of my business how Little Orbit runs their business. It's Little Orbit decision on which terms the game is hosted: completely free or non-free.

Most MMOs are f2p with p2w options, and many people play them without cash, so I honestly think that game being free is not something very extraordinary.

Except for restarts on weekends, are there other possible solutions?

If some community members were intentionally causing issues in January by exploiting the bug that was later fixed, but that affected game performance for everyone, then ban for those community members would have been a logical solution, no?

This weekend game was running smooth for everyone without any server restarts till certain moment... Would that mean that maybe bug is not completely fixed, and somebody's still exploiting, or there are other bugs which are being exploited as well?

On 2/1/2023 at 12:09 PM, Emily said:

- Game being unplayable on weekends - Whenever I can do restart on my days off I do hop on and try to do it. Most weekends however I do spend with my family without access to PC so it's on a harder

are you like the only person who can flip a server on server off switch, or are you the only one they trust with such godly powers

clones never happy, although the game is hard to play without min 1 maint the day on week end. clones adept in the way pop is low, none rly play, starts a longterm craft on saturday and thats it, until monday

as always the smartest survive. and its 100% about time, so i dont stare thr screen for nth, prolly gets dmged

with understanding, Cloey

Whoa wait a minute. Fallen Earth is being remade?! 😱

Please tell me that's a lie. I loved this game back there when I was a child. I'm trying to come back to it as an alternative to the Unbalanced APB and definitely makes me happy to see that this game has not yet been abandoned. 

It it's true, thanks a lot for the effort nut if it's not, that's sad but understandable 

On 1/2/2024 at 6:51 PM, Maethiron said:

Whoa wait a minute. Fallen Earth is being remade?! 😱

Please tell me that's a lie. I loved this game back there when I was a child. I'm trying to come back to it as an alternative to the Unbalanced APB and definitely makes me happy to see that this game has not yet been abandoned. 

It it's true, thanks a lot for the effort nut if it's not, that's sad but understandable 

The reamke has been shelfed. Unkown time span until they give it a shot. The game isn't bad i just suggest NOT powering to 55 and just taking it slow. stay in s1 till like 23 or so and the such.

Im just comming back to the game. I obviously noticed it gets really lagged out at times.

Everyone just says "it needs a reset".

Ok but what is causing the lag ? 

I noticed there were players in the game giving shout outs for freeze and lag ahead.

Almost like they were griefing somehow and forcing the game to lag and then braging about it.

Im not sure about that but it seamed like it.

Do you guys know what is causing the crazy lag at times ?

Is it just to many players for the servers?

Just curious mainly.

Like others I really like this game but when its so laggy it's bad.

11 hours ago, nimsosim said:

Im just comming back to the game. I obviously noticed it gets really lagged out at times.

Everyone just says "it needs a reset".

Ok but what is causing the lag ? 

I noticed there were players in the game giving shout outs for freeze and lag ahead.

Almost like they were griefing somehow and forcing the game to lag and then braging about it.

Im not sure about that but it seamed like it.

Do you guys know what is causing the crazy lag at times ?

Is it just to many players for the servers?

Just curious mainly.

Like others I really like this game but when its so laggy it's bad.

as far as i know still sat and sunday do not get a down time. do to the age of the game and what ever is going on with the servers the game starts to bog down. This lag causes dupulcated items when crafting so it's often just a prime time for crafters, and outside of that? well the game is almost unplayable instanles fail to load emenies can freeze and hit you for well over 1k damage during the freeze looting nodes mobs and anything else can take 5 mins and missions will bug out being bale to complete or completed then you can redo them when the down time has happened.

Over all it's best to try and play this between mon-fri and avoiding the weekends unless you want free ammo or what ever. OR you know you like suffering