Sign in to follow this  
Nahasch

Crash every day

Hello,

I haven't played the game for many years. recently, I returned to the game by noslagia, but the experience has not been good... 

Every 30 minutes the game crash with the error message "ran out of memory", and it always happens when I respawn after a death.

It's so frustrating I can't do anything !  it's not from my pc ( i9, RTX 3080, 32g memory). Does anyone have a solution ? If not I will just uninstall this game...

LO WAKE UP ! do something to this broken game !!

4 hours ago, Nahasch said:

Hello,

I haven't played the game for many years. recently, I returned to the game by noslagia, but the experience has not been good... 

Every 30 minutes the game crash with the error message "ran out of memory", and it always happens when I respawn after a death.

It's so frustrating I can't do anything !  it's not from my pc ( i9, RTX 3080, 32g memory). Does anyone have a solution ? If not I will just uninstall this game...

LO WAKE UP ! do something to this broken game !!

the newer your equipment the worse apb runs. this game was built around a certian set up, but not made to handle newer hardware leading to issues. and we can not not just use mod glue like new vegas to hold this game together

not to meation NA has like 20 total players

It's specifically graphics cards with GDDR6 memory, like the RTX series and specific models of the GTX 1600 series. These cards are not compatible with 32 bit applications. The fix is to use a GPU with GDDR5 or older. You can try lowering the graphics settings but it will eventually crash. To be fair to Little Oribit, it's not their fault the GPU manufacturers ignored 32 bit compatibility, and some players bought the cards knowing they wouldn't work.

On 1/28/2023 at 2:03 PM, cowhorseman said:

the newer your equipment the worse apb runs. this game was built around a certian set up, but not made to handle newer hardware leading to issues. and we can not not just use mod glue like new vegas to hold this game together

not to meation NA has like 20 total players

Besides the GPU issue, APB runs best on later hardware. The latest CPUs have better single threaded performance. The faster DDR4 like 4000Mhz improves single thread performance and reduces stutters. SSDs reduce loading times.

On 1/30/2023 at 8:31 PM, BlatMan said:

It's specifically graphics cards with GDDR6 memory, like the RTX series and specific models of the GTX 1600 series. These cards are not compatible with 32 bit applications. The fix is to use a GPU with GDDR5 or older. You can try lowering the graphics settings but it will eventually crash. To be fair to Little Oribit, it's not their fault the GPU manufacturers ignored 32 bit compatibility, and some players bought the cards knowing they wouldn't work.

Besides the GPU issue, APB runs best on later hardware. The latest CPUs have better single threaded performance. The faster DDR4 like 4000Mhz improves single thread performance and reduces stutters. SSDs reduce loading times.

well i never knew that. explains why my old pc running what amounts to a set of chips mashed into each other can run apb much better then my newer hardware with a 1660 in it.

and yea matt really isnt to blame hes the scape goat for all of g1s fuckery