Sign in to follow this  
AthenaX1

High Skilled Competitive Weapon Balancing Suggestions

I have never posted on these forums until now but I felt it was important to address some of the weapons/class of weapons that I feel really need work on a competitive level. I have played competitively for years and have participated in several tournaments so what I post here and what Id like to see posted here are things that genuinely need improvement on a competitive level. This means weapons that when used correctly and to thier full capabilities still cannot compete with weapons that are outside of its class/role. Weapons outside of the designated role either out perform them completely or render them inefficient/useless when performing the same task/role. For example the anubis adeem. As it stands it has no use. Poor accuracy, less effective range compared to other sniper rifles, slow rate of fire compared to weapons like obir or an N-tec 5.  These two weapons out perform anubis at its own task which shouldnt be happening. At the most anubis should atleast be able to compete evenly due to range  and accuracy because it is a sniper rifle. So below I'll be stating why these few weapons from my personal experience need work and why. 

Anubis Adeen  Rebalancing - From what Ive found on the weapon

Time To Kill - 1.53

I feel it should be reduced to 1.43. This weapon has more incommon with a rifle then an actual sniper rifle. So bringing the fire rate closer to

a rifle such as obir is a step in the right direction.

Accuracy - This weapon needs a buff in accuracy. Its very noticeable how inaccurate the weapon is even at mid to semi long range. For a sniper rifle to be called a sniper rifle it needs to meet this requirement. Even when managing recoil itll miss during tests at mid range even though recoil is repeatedly kept in check when firing the weapon at max speed. It has a built in accuracy modification that when paired with heavy barrel 2 makes the weapon usuable to some degree. I still feel this weapon needs improvement in accuracy though. 

Damage - As it stands the gun sits at a 3 shot kill. Having heavy barrel 2 reduces that damage to the point that any kevlar opponents makes the weapon a 4 shot kill. Heavy barrel 2 cant be taken off without loss off accuracy per shot due to how inaccurate the weapon is to begin with per shot. I feel this weapon either needs a small buff in damage to keep it at 3 and keep its overall effectiveness  or to counter act the required use of heavy barrel and give it the accuracy it needs per shot. Sniping takes alot of skill. I dont believe players who go out of thier way to master such weapons should be penalized for it. Snipings a difficult thing to do to begin with dont make it harder with virtually no reward.

Harbinger -

Time to kill - .90

I feel the harbinger is completely useless at this moment. Its not functioning like its suppose to at all. Its a sidearm thats an sniper rifle that currently just warns someone with the first shot fired at them. But I feel the time to kill is perfectly fine. So with that we move on to accuracy.

Accuracy - Currently this weapons two biggest problems are the accuracy degration per shot and recoil. It already requires 4 shots to kill so these two draw backs need to be reduced to have any chance of making this weapon effective if you decide to go this route. A very small reduction in recoil and less reticle bloom per shot/accuracy degration per shot. This route i believe will have the weapon function as originally intended without making the weapon too strong. It will function alot like a 4 shot rifle. Which is what it is a primary side arm like the rest of the magnums. Magnums are apbs way of giving those who have short range primary weapons a fighting chance against those with long range capabilities. Weapon roles are just reverse.

Damage - If you do not go the accuracy route then the next best thing would be increased damage per shot. The gun would still require the same amount of skill to wield with virtually no differences in function except now youd be rewarded for it. By turning the weapon into a 3 shot kill itd give your oppenent less of a chance to get away due to the fact that youd need less shots realigned. This however has a draw back. By reducing shots required to kill and maintaining the same fire rate would cause the weapon to kill at .675. Which is a little faster then average assault rifle Time to kill at  .70. So youd need to slow the fire rate down to counter act the increased time to kill to keep it around  .90. Recoil and accuracy degration could still counter act this however. Its very doubtful that someone could possible land all 3 shots at max speed at long range due to the accuracy degration itself even if you manage the recoil. I feel this weapon would end up functioning alot more like a combination of the Joker RFP-9 and colby RSA if you went this route. The playstyle would be a cross between the two which necessary isnt a bad thing.  

Ill post more later but for now this is a small bit of what Ive been thinking needs rebalancing and my reasons why. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How about increasing the ttk on all the other guns instead? Make combat more Hollywood shoot out at the OK coral style.

• Like 4

social district has become suggestion valley

but it'd also be cool if they could fix a bugged fire rate weapon.

• Like 1

all you need to succeed is positive vibes and a star 556 

stop making gun balance threads

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

How about increasing the ttk on all the other guns instead? Make combat more Hollywood shoot out at the OK coral style.

Yeah, i'm personally really sick of all these 1 headshot to kill games.

Always appreciated how headshots weren't a thing in APB for this reason.

Edit:

Especially when it comes to beating hackers.

Edited by SanityFlex

Could you elaborate which game you played competitively and what tournaments you participated in?

Also, please, never touch an Anubis again or even talk about it! 

time to make a suggestion district... lmfao

1 hour ago, SelttikS said:

That was done before, admittedly by simply lowering the Fire Rate on all guns, had some rather interesting side effects, the Tommy Gun suddenly became a PMG, but way more accurate, was fun for a while, but it was too much increase, a slight increase would actually work out quite well id say. 

Honestly, whats with these Ego turds recently? "Look at me I am so competitive and my ego is sooooo big" dude, nobody gives a fuck, I stopped reading after "I play in tournaments and I know shit better then you" nonsense you posted there. Nobody cares who you are or what you did, you are a nobody like anyone else thinking he is a big shot. Please, just stop, you embarrassing yourself. go back to your imaginary Competetive Games and Tournaments. 

Edited by ninetenduh

how about we just revert the hvr nerf that was accidentally applied to the anubis and never removed, and then delete the shit tier curve mechanic recoil

voila gun fixed

5 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

social district has become suggestion valley

but it'd also be cool if they could fix a bugged fire rate weapon.

that reminds me... anybody wanna buy some Yukons? 😛

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

that reminds me... anybody wanna buy some Yukons? 😛

No because i hear their stock value is going to crash. 😛

3 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

No because i hear their stock value is going to crash. 😛

Shhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

how about we just revert the hvr nerf that was accidentally applied to the anubis

I believe that's already planned for it, together with an crosshair change. We'll have to wait until the weapon balance patch for that though.

First of all, getting rid of cheater/hacker triggerbotter and macro user ,after that we can think of any new weapons or balance or whatever.

I just want cheaters get banned very quick ,this is the best way to balance this game.

Edited by Atomkraftwerk

11 hours ago, AthenaX1 said:

-snip

Hi there and welcome to the forum, I appreciate your effort and thank you for taking the time to share some of your thoughts.

To the guy who gave OP a dislike, it is just OP's suggestion, not put in stone, and he seems friendly, just saying.

/cheers

3 hours ago, Atomkraftwerk said:

First of all, getting rid of cheater/hacker triggerbotter and macro user ,after that we can think of any new weapons or balance or whatever.

I just want cheaters get banned very quick ,this is the best way to balance this game.

BattlEye is already gathering information and Little Orbit are tweaking it as well.

I do believe bans are already being processed as well.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ExoticZ said:

BattlEye is already gathering information and Little Orbit are tweaking it as well.

I do believe bans are already being processed as well.

Yes, they are on it.

They might have not actually banned anyone yet. It is usually done in waves in order to prevent cheaters from pinpointing what software/behavior got detected and what not.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AthenaX1 said:

This means weapons that when used correctly and to thier full capabilities still cannot compete with weapons that are outside of its class/role. Weapons outside of the designated role either out perform them completely or render them inefficient/useless when performing the same task/role.

Can you expand on this?

Short range weps

OCA

ACES

CSG

JG

Short + mid range

Joker Carbine

ACES Rifle

ATAC

Star

NTEC

Mid range

Obeya Rifle

OBIR

Long range

NHVR

DMR

To an extent this is quite balanced with the short + mid range weapons being able to fill 2 roles. A lot of the balancing is restricted to the 100m range. if this were to change it would improve weapon balancing and alter game play drastically. (150m, 200m?)

Ballance? Nerf ntec in cqc, nerf hvr hard and mainly stamina dmg, nerf oscar range. Ballance finished

4 minutes ago, ElectroStingz said:

Can you expand on this?

Short range weps

OCA

ACES

CSG

JG

Short + mid range

Joker Carbine

ACES Rifle

ATAC

Star

NTEC

Mid range

Obeya Rifle

OBIR

Long range

NHVR

DMR

To an extent this is quite balanced with the short + mid range weapons being able to fill 2 roles. A lot of the balancing is restricted to the 100m range. if this were to change it would improve weapon balancing and alter game play drastically. (150m, 200m?)

What I mean by this is that you have weapons like n tec 5 hitting targets at very long ranges with modifications and performing sniping tasks better then weapons specifically designed to do that very task. Anubis at the moment for example has damage drop off at 80m. n tec 5 if i recall has min damage drop off 60 or 65m.  It does max damage at 50m with Improved rifling 3 itd make the weapon go to 57m. Damage drop off doesnt happen all at once so your effectly extending the range to about  65m for sure. With the higher rate of fire making it less noticeable and almost instantly replacing the damage lost. Your talking about a fully automatic sniper rifle sniper rifle that could possibly kill at 70m in the right hands. Itd also have more uses rendering certain snipers completely useless.

The problem of APB is the Maximum range, view range and the overal scale of the game that renders sniper almost useless since the entire game is objective based and more or less CQB, the situation for a sniper is rarely given. Every gun except the sniper feel about right for the range the game has, for snipers to be a valuable choice you would have to double the Range, that however is not impossible but not practical since again CQB for the most part. 

The general size of the maps and the combat simply don't give you any chance at realistically balancing the range of weapons. 

11 minutes ago, ninetenduh said:

The problem of APB is the Maximum range, view range and the overal scale of the game that renders sniper almost useless since the entire game is objective based and more or less CQB, the situation for a sniper is rarely given. Every gun except the sniper feel about right for the range the game has, for snipers to be a valuable choice you would have to double the Range, that however is not impossible but not practical since again CQB for the most part. 

The general size of the maps and the combat simply don't give you any chance at realistically balancing the range of weapons. 

I feel that currently most weapon ranges do feel quite right. Like what I meantioned above about n tec being able to snipe doesnt bother me. I honestly feel the weapon is perfectly fine. I would just like to see weapons that currently see no use be useful then to be over looked or completely replaced by other weapons. I think thatd be a very positive thing for the game. Especially weapons like harbinger that offer a more unique playstyle with its ability to rapid fire and snipe. 

1 hour ago, AthenaX1 said:

What I mean by this is that you have weapons like n tec 5 hitting targets at very long ranges with modifications and performing sniping tasks better then weapons specifically designed to do that very task. Anubis at the moment for example has damage drop off at 80m. n tec 5 if i recall has min damage drop off 60 or 65m.  It does max damage at 50m with Improved rifling 3 itd make the weapon go to 57m. Damage drop off doesnt happen all at once so your effectly extending the range to about  65m for sure. With the higher rate of fire making it less noticeable and almost instantly replacing the damage lost. Your talking about a fully automatic sniper rifle sniper rifle that could possibly kill at 70m in the right hands. Itd also have more uses rendering certain snipers completely useless.

So for a significant change what are the options that you would consider?

Increase the 100m limit or something else. (100m limit means changes to how the game handles player positioning, its a server/network load increase and rendering distance (should be doable with the engine upgrade)

35 minutes ago, ninetenduh said:

This is exactly the issue with long range capable weapons in APB but if you could see beyond 100m game play and tactics would change to suit.

Waterfront is a very open map, it would open up player possibilities?

26 minutes ago, ElectroStingz said:

So for a significant change what are the options that you would consider?

Increase the 100m limit or something else. (100m limit means changes to how the game handles player positioning, its a server/network load increase and rendering distance (should be doable with the engine upgrade)

This is exactly the issue with long range capable weapons in APB but if you could see beyond 100m game play and tactics would change to suit.

Waterfront is a very open map, it would open up player possibilities?

I feel the only true way to deal with this would be to bring sniper rifles closer to rifles in function without effecting the game drastically. The way the game is designed like youve both stated means at most youd get about a good 80m max of space ever between you and your opponent. Increasing the rate of fire on certain sniper rifles would give those who use them a fighting chance at closer ranges. You wouldnt lose the feel or skill required to use a sniper rifle and yet be able to retaliate if you have the skill to do so at close range. This is how most other games solve this very problem. They also use close range sights like red dots on sniper rifles. The way ive delt with it in apb is to go without a accuracy mod on my hvr. This allows me to maintain good accuracy when kneeling and kill targets about 15m away. If they introduced a mod that increased accuracy without the zoom while aiming down the sight Im sure itd help sniper rifles extremely. You would no longer need to kneel and things like mobility sling would go well with it.

Edited by AthenaX1