Sign in to follow this  
Mercedeez

how to fix apb and make it popular again

apb needs to change name to become popular  

29 members have voted

1. 1. apb needs to change name to become popular

so i've been thinking about this for a long time now. most people think the name apb is cursed and reminds everyone of bad things, what if we change the name of apb to something else? like "apb reloaded reloaded" to signify the launch of this new engine. i put a poll so please vote and comment on ur ideas.

Edited by Mercedeez
  • Thanks 1

ok so i fucked up the poll by making it 24 hrs, ps i dont know how to edit post so sorry in advance. but leave comment on what u vote

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mercedeez said:

so i've been thinking about this for a long time now. most people think the name apb is cursed and reminds everyone of bad things, what if we change the name of apb to something else? like "apb reloaded reloaded" to signify the launch of this new engine. i put a poll so please vote and comment on ur ideas.

The problem is not in the name, it's in the bad management.

The main thing is the gameplay needs to be more stable. Fix the garbage collection stutter, RTX issues, and netcode issues like the teleport bug. I bet a lot of players will want to come back every now and then.

• Like 1

name it whatever you want, as long as the game is in such a poor state its not going to do well

• Like 2

I don't want to be snide but, That would be like Me making a new character name, and expecting to become 

'Most Likable Player' 

Ya can't sugar coat shit n get rid of the stink. 

Those that know about the game as past/current players, know what's under that sugar coating.

Changing the name wouldn't fool them.

Those that have never heard of APB, still won't know about a new title 

cuz they don't know what Advertising is. 

When I talk about APB in Public to younger folks, they have never heard of it

The best I can do is say, Well it's like GTA

2 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

I don't want to be snide but, That would be like Me making a new character name, and expecting to become 

'Most Likable Player' 

Ya can't sugar coat shit n get rid of the stink. 

Those that know about the game as past/current players, know what's under that sugar coating.

Changing the name wouldn't fool them.

Those that have never heard of APB, still won't know about a new title 

cuz they don't know what Advertising is. 

When I talk about APB in Public to younger folks, they have never heard of it

The best I can do is say, Well it's like GTA

You still playin Mack? I haven't seen you on in a while.

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

still playin Mack?

I still do the joker jobs, I come in early, get mine n get out.

But I don't Need the joker tickets, like right now im working the .38 for all chars, 

just to have it. 

As far as I can see Resegregation will never come, even with an engine and anticheat.

Ah its too bad, it was a fun game, we used to ham it up, make chat jokes.

Golds n Hax don't allow fun in district, not counting missions n getting bashed by aim jockeys.

So there's not much Fun to be had n I'm gettin a lil old for this chit, pushing 54 

• Like 1

1. Remove bad screensaver with bad music. And to replace it with something of artistic value, the first impression is important.
2. Release a patch that solves the problems of stuttering, long loading, crashes, incompatibility of rtx cards, support for multi-threaded processors, support for modern anti-cheat, painless adding of new patches.
3. Change the balance of opposing teams. Earn experience points based on the level of the enemy's game. Make it impossible to mix opponents with a huge difference in gaming experience. Add a button to exit missions, without restarting the client. Add the ability to refuse to fight with the proposed team or player. Keep statistics on the use of weapons for subsequent reconfiguration. Reconfiguring top weapons will lead to a deterioration in performance. This is necessary to increase the TTK. TTK should be increased due to the delay in processing and transmission of information packets between the server and clients.

4. The game has development potential. Developers have always gone in the direction of shooters. The game can be compared to a tadpole with a large tail and small paws. Grow paws! The game has excellent customization, but few people need it in a shooter, APB has the tasks of a racing game, add secondary activities for relaxed communication. Develop sociality, add goals to be achieved only by clans and teams.

5. Do not add things similar to the ship from version 2.0. It looks extremely bad, tasteless, hacky! There are similar things in the current version of the game, for example, tuning IO Growl.
6. The game lacks photogenicity. Many streamers use potato graphics, this is not allowed.
7. Listen to the opinions of players, especially new ones.

Edited by Yapopal

3 hours ago, Yapopal said:

3. Change the balance of opposing teams. Earn experience points based on the level of the enemy's game.

What did you mean by this part.

Changin the name aint gonna change sht at this point dats absurd.Only can confuse the majority.If the game is gettin upgraded to unreal 5 for example and we call it APB Revolutions(nothin taken from the matrix btw :p)then kinda make sense

Imagine patchnotes in wednesday being:

- Addressed all problems within game by changing name of game from "APB Reloaded" to "APB Reloaded Reloaded"

12 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

What did you mean by this part.

The basis of this game is the confrontation of teams. All messages about scammers, macros, as well as a spoiled mood appear due to a sense of injustice. The game does not fairly dispose of the selection of opponents, there is no balance of teams. The game does everything for the player, giving no choice but to turn it off. If I don't want to fight with a particular team or player, let me do it without turning off the game. Make a scale of danger areas. So that the player knows where he goes. Make the score multiplier responsive to the level of the opponent's game. If the opposing team is clearly weak, why give points for defeating it?

And of course it is necessary to reconfigure the selection of enemies!

Edited by Yapopal
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Yapopal said:

The basis of this game is the confrontation of teams. All messages about scammers, macros, as well as a spoiled mood appear due to a sense of injustice. The game does not fairly dispose of the selection of opponents, there is no balance of teams. The game does everything for the player, giving no choice but to turn it off. If I don't want to fight with a particular team or player, let me do it without turning off the game. Make a scale of danger areas. So that the player knows where he goes. Make the score multiplier responsive to the level of the opponent's game. If the opposing team is clearly weak, why give points for defeating it?

And of course it is necessary to reconfigure the selection of enemies!

I really struggle to understand your posts.

On 1/27/2023 at 12:45 AM, Mercedeez said:

ok so i fucked up the poll by making it 24 hrs, ps i dont know how to edit post so sorry in advance. but leave comment on what u vote

Your poll is now open again 🙂

- Azukii

how is changing the name again going to help make it popular. it's like people talk to eachother and will tell each other "hey that crappy apb game got renamed to "not a gta bootleg 2.0" but it still has all of the same issues as it did under apb reloaded

• Like 1

In the long standing history of APB:Reloaded, I learned one important thing.

Ideas, while important, are cheap.
Execution is key.

• Like 1

I don't believe that renaming APB is necessary or beneficial but assuming it is a good thing to do, APB is not ready to be rebranded nor the way APB is handled allow for such an approach. A renamed game must simultaneously release with new content, enhanced gameplay, features, etc. APB releases things bit by bit and tweaks things one at a time which doesn't bode well with a rename-effort.

On 1/28/2023 at 7:25 PM, ZoriaDunne said:

Changing name but not the product would only make it look more lazy.

true, its like changing big rigs into another name and just mesh swapping the trucks with Cars, oh wait

47 minutes ago, Bruhd101 said:

true, its like changing big rigs into another name and just mesh swapping the trucks with Cars, oh wait

if i can drive backwards at roughly mach 10 in a dumptruck apb would be fun

On 1/27/2023 at 12:42 AM, Mercedeez said:

yeah change teh name yet all the shit that makes APB frustrating to play remains. really smart idea man

Merged.

On 1/28/2023 at 11:13 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I really struggle to understand your posts.

hes saying the matchmaking sucks and points are being rewarded too freely and not matching players actual game skill. all the toxicity is being caused by the lack of proper matchmaking. the game fucks you so hard in every whichway there is no other choice but to turn off the game.

It is not the name but the substance that needs changing.

Fix the game, add bunch of good new content and advertise the heck out of it. 

On 1/31/2023 at 2:43 AM, cowhorseman said:

if i can drive backwards at roughly mach 10 in a dumptruck apb would be fun

I would consider this fun 100% within the "spirit of the game" and in no way "disruptive behaviour".

Sign in to follow this