Akito

lmao, u guys gotta work on that tutorial

37 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Yeah, dont read steam comments they are mostly a waste.

giphy.gif 

they're my fav past time tbh

Trollception. Did Ray write that or Mike?

was hoping this was actually about the tutorial because i really do feel like it needs a revamp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sadira said:

was hoping this was actually about the tutorial because i really do feel like it needs a revamp

Amen to that. 

7 hours ago, Sadira said:

in all honesty that is more important

23 hours ago, Sadira said:

18 hours ago, Akito said:

in all honesty that is more important

23 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Amen to that. 

do you guys remember the tutorial before that? that one was dreadful. i think we are a bit better now, mostly because it is not really intrusive etc. it should maybe go a bit more indepth - i wouldnt say apb is in desperate need though, i feel like it's still one of the better ones - that is if new people actually used it. most don't even look at it and then wonder why they can't climb over a fence...

11 hours ago, neophobia said:

do you guys remember the tutorial before that? that one was dreadful. i think we are a bit better now, mostly because it is not really intrusive etc. it should maybe go a bit more indepth - i wouldnt say apb is in desperate need though, i feel like it's still one of the better ones - that is if new people actually used it. most don't even look at it and then wonder why they can't climb over a fence...

dude its still too barebones and confusing if you're just a new player of a game like APB and have no previous notion of how to play.... APB is a very complex game in the first place because it tries to blend RPG/Shooter mechanics all in one, plus people who play games like GTA or other 3rd person games will play APB the same way most of the time....which in action we have seen makes them silvers. They have slow aim and they really dont know how the game works.

at the end of the day they'll just feign ignorance and call it either a "shitty game" or its a "P2W game" without conducting enough research themselves or trying to understand the mechanics of how to play the game because they dont want to change anything about the way they play because theyre so stubborn and want the game to function to their ideals, most of the time that ideal is that all 3rd person games should play like GTA, which would just make APB another generic, run of the mill, boring game

Edited by Akito
typo

58 minutes ago, Akito said:

dude its still too barebones and confusing if you're just a new player of a game like APB and have no previous notion of how to play.... APB is a very complex game in the first place because it tries to blend RPG/Shooter mechanics all in one, plus people who play games like GTA or other 3rd person games will play APB the same way most of the time....which in action we have seen makes them silvers. They have slow aim and they really dont know how the game works.

at the end of the day they'll just feign ignorance and call it either a "shitty game" or its a "P2W game" without conducting enough research themselves or trying to understand the mechanics of how to play the game because they dont want to change anything about the way they play because theyre so stubborn and want the game to function to their ideals, most of the time that ideal is that all 3rd person games should play like GTA, which would just make APB another generic, run of the mill, boring game

exactly, it probably needs to be more in-depth but the bigger issue here is that people just don't look at it - cause, you know, how hard can a game be.

it can't really teach you tactics or smth either - nor can it help you train your aim.

in the end, once you run up to a fence or door, it even says that you can use it when pressing F, without any tutorials but still some of my friends stand in front of it, screaming.

(of course they aren't my friends anymore (jk))

people just expect every game to be the same and perfect at that, just an anecdote: like e.g. another of my friends said "uhh those are the same cars as in gta sa" "the car handling is like gta sa" and ever since then it was just a bad gta sa to him.

another complaint was "the aim feels just like an old game, it doesn't register pixel by pixel" - he was using an atac watchman at range and coudn't hit. "maybe if they fix it right it could be an okay gta" was what he said when uninstalling it for now - can't convince everyone, some are just stubborn.

a tutorial won't help if you don't wanna learn

also i really wouldn't know how they'd be able to improve it effectively. it's good that it doesn't interrupt you and opens popups for every step and limiting your movement etc like some other games do - or display a long video sequence with occasional messages of what to do like gta

i guess it's kinda cool how ow does it, teaching you some things in an extra environment (tho apb doesn't really need it since it's kinda open world and you can roam freely without many dangers)

but even then, there are some things you can just learn by experience - and i think this is also the biggest part of apb.

Just please for me , When new players start Flash a Big Red TEXT box in the middle of their screen (THERE ARE NO DOORS IN SOCIAL DISTRICT)

Admittedly on my first day in apb i was so lost i had to google where social district was. (at rank 154.....)

APB Tutorial Island pls. 🙈

DFQ6MQH.png

• Like 1

On 7/13/2018 at 10:05 PM, scaredofsnakes said:

Your profile picture concerns me

I'm thinking the same thing....