Sign in to follow this  
Riverwind

<GAME_STATUS_NOTREADY>

On 1/7/2023 at 8:13 AM, Jaxbauer said:

I see once again game is unplayable.  You know, I was really pleased when I heard this game was revived and looked forward to playing it again after playing for many years back in the day, but this experience has been completely ruined for me by the absolutely rubbish support for this game.  Pretty much every day, sometimes multiple times a day, I've either not been able to access due to the game being "Not Ready", or I've had an hour or so playtime only to be booted out because the server has crashed.

I would really like to get the thoughts from game support or the GMs as to why they even bothered reviving this game when they are absolutely incapable of keeping the servers up and running so people can actually enjoy the game!

If the remake ever sees the light of day I have second thoughts now about even bothering to purchase it because of this awful experience.  Just, poor, very very poor!

I went into this knowing that support was going to be so-so. They are running this for our benefit, not theirs. Yes, I agree, there is an issue. They did say they did not know what was causing this latest one so they didn't have an ETA for a fix, but before it started (over the holidays) I hadn't had any issues with random crashes and long down times since I picked it back up.

39 minutes ago, Riverwind said:

Not ready, not ready, not ready

I apologize. I think they saw my last post because that was right about the time it crashed again. 🤣

2 hours ago, skyraker said:

I apologize. I think they saw my last post because that was right about the time it crashed again. 🤣

Not your fault, l.ol. Wish they had someone who could figure it out instead of waiting till the next schd restart. Which may or may not happen anyway.

Edited by Riverwind

the game doesnt stand a chance in modern game gaming industry.  its beyond broke" no one is ever online to sort something out when the game breaks.  only a very few people holding onto this game.  i play about 6 hours on a weekend if i'm lucky enough to have that amount of time.  the amount of games on steam i play in 4k with ray tracing and having a lot more fun i see this game closing down for good its the only unorganised game ive ever played.  r.i.p fallen earth i hope one day you might get a upgrade if that ever happens"  ive had lots of fun in the past but nothing last forever much love.

1 hour ago, JessicaRen said:

the game doesnt stand a chance in modern game gaming industry.  its beyond broke" no one is ever online to sort something out when the game breaks.  only a very few people holding onto this game.  i play about 6 hours on a weekend if i'm lucky enough to have that amount of time.  the amount of games on steam i play in 4k with ray tracing and having a lot more fun i see this game closing down for good its the only unorganised game ive ever played.  r.i.p fallen earth i hope one day you might get a upgrade if that ever happens"  ive had lots of fun in the past but nothing last forever much love.

This isn't supposed to be seen as anything more than just some fun. They decided to put the servers back up because the redo is down their priority list and felt like "hey, some people wouldn't mind playing".

Some people have done the same with the game Vanguard, except they had to make an emulator and are slowly having to reconstruct some things that they cannot access because Sony refuses to give up anything about the game.

It has happened again Around 0712 MT USA - Game_Status_NotReady. Happened while entering Traders Flat.

Yesterday's crash happened when I was in the middle of taking down Casta Gaunt, so I dread to think what's going to happen when I eventually get back in the game!  Probably dead.